Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Callieco
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 020110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
I just mixed some butter and peanut butter together in a small bowl, added some powdered erythritol and a splash of vanilla extract.
Hmm yum. Chocolate cookies with peanut butter filling I'm going to give that a try this weekend.
Callieco is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
I'm going to need to buy some unflavored protein powder pretty soon and I wanted to know which brand you guys prefer. I haven't done much research yet but the three brands I did look at all contained lecithin which is made from soy. The one I have now which is Jarrow contains it and it's a little higher carb than Jay Robb (which also has lecithin) with 2 carbs versus the 1 for JR but I got it off the clearance rack at the local HFS. I saw where maybe the Now brand is soy free so I'm going to check it out next.

Is there a good brand that is soy-free that anybody has tried? I know Rose stays away from soy so I wondered what she used in particular. It also came to mind that this mix couldn't be labeled soy-free unless lecithin isn't a problem. Don't know myself so wondered what your thoughts are.

****Just did some more research and found that NOW does contain soy but that the Jay Robb contains lecithin but it's sunflower lecithin not soy so Jay Robb it is.

Last edited by PaminKY; 02-09-2013 at 04:30 AM..
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #753
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I just learned about sunflower lecithin to replace soy lecithin. I'm pumped about this.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
I use Isopure from Netrition.
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Gina! I got my cake pops maker at target today. Made your chocolate coconut donut holes. Genius!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Gina! I got my cake pops maker at target today. Made your chocolate coconut donut holes. Genius!
Yay!! I'm glad you liked them!! I just used the last of my mix for dumplings, I'm kind of panicking until I get an order for more supplies lol
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Brunch! Spam, eggs and buscuits.

I used the left over mix from the dumplings to make biscuits, was easy only had to add some egg white and half and half.

Best biscuits ever!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (52.2 KB, 51 views)
Old 02-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #758
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
Brunch! Spam, eggs and buscuits.

I used the left over mix from the dumplings to make biscuits, was easy only had to add some egg white and half and half.

Best biscuits ever!!
Gina I failed at dumplings. I have made Butonni's dumplings successfully, but did not make dumplings successfully out of this mix.

My guess is that I added too much 1/2 and 1/2. The dough was quite thick, but after dropping the blobs in the chicken stock, they slowly disintegrated.

Funny, though, as you just said, when I saw what was happening, I just left the mixture on the counter, delivered the chicken soup to DD and came back. I made 4 biscuits with the leftover dough (even with no egg white in them) and they were delicious this morning.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ouizoid I copied Gina's donut hole recipe - but I think the one I have is coconut.
Could you please re-post the chocolate recipe as my cake pop maker is all ready!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Gina I failed at dumplings. I have made Butonni's dumplings successfully, but did not make dumplings successfully out of this mix.

My guess is that I added too much 1/2 and 1/2. The dough was quite thick, but after dropping the blobs in the chicken stock, they slowly disintegrated.

Funny, though, as you just said, when I saw what was happening, I just left the mixture on the counter, delivered the chicken soup to DD and came back. I made 4 biscuits with the leftover dough (even with no egg white in them) and they were delicious this morning.
Sorry they didn't work for you. I guess it needs more gluc or egg whites added. Mine stayed together pretty well, albeit more fragile than regular ones. I really liked the taste and enjoyed them. They had more of the flour taste than the ones from Peggy's gluc dumplings.

I didn't make the biscuits from the dumpling dough, I used the mix that had the butter cut in that I had left over from when I made the dumplings.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did add extra gluc and otherwise followed your recipe.
How stiff was your dough?
Mine was very sticky, but it stiffened up quite a big with time, sitting on the counter.

And yes, I just stopped making the dumplings when I saw they were disintegrating.
When I got back, I just used the dumpling dough (with butter cut in and no egg white) to make biscuits.
The biscuits were great even without the egg whites.

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-09-2013 at 02:40 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I did add extra gluc and otherwise followed your recipe.
How stiff was your dough?
Mine was very sticky, but it stiffened up quite a big with time, sitting on the counter.

And yes, I just stopped making the dumplings when I saw they were disintegrating.
When I got back, I just used the dumpling dough (with butter cut in and no egg white) to make biscuits.
The biscuits were great even without the egg whites.
Mine was vey thick, if I wanted to I could roll it with my hands. I used a big spoon to drop the dough and tried to make it so it didn't sink into the broth, so it was mostly above it.

I guess it needs more work to make it fail safe but its a good start. I loved the taste of them.

I gotcha on the buscuits!! They're so much like real biscuits, no funny tastes.

I'm definitely going to make some cookies as soon as I get more supplies. It's good to know that this can be used 1:1 as a flour replacement.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

judy-- I used 1/2 cup flour, 2 Tbs hersheys special dark cocoa, 1 Tbs MCT oil, some sf chocolate davincis (just poured and stirred til it looked like cake batter, lol. When they were done, I dipped them in erythritol powder dissolved with vanilla davincis to make a syrup and then dipped in sweetened coconut. Delish.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
Mine was vey thick, if I wanted to I could roll it with my hands. I used a big spoon to drop the dough and tried to make it so it didn't sink into the broth, so it was mostly above it.

I guess it needs more work to make it fail safe but its a good start. I loved the taste of them.

I gotcha on the buscuits!! They're so much like real biscuits, no funny tastes.

I'm definitely going to make some cookies as soon as I get more supplies. It's good to know that this can be used 1:1 as a flour replacement.
Gina thank you - I was just sure I used too much 1/2 & 1/2 and I see that's what i did.

I'm going to try again because, as you say, nothing tastes as good and true as this mix. Yep - the biscuits were AWESOME.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
judy-- I used 1/2 cup flour, 2 Tbs hersheys special dark cocoa, 1 Tbs MCT oil, some sf chocolate davincis (just poured and stirred til it looked like cake batter, lol. When they were done, I dipped them in erythritol powder dissolved with vanilla davincis to make a syrup and then dipped in sweetened coconut. Delish.
THANK you!!
Sounds so easy!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #766
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Finally got a chance to make the original recipe. I used the powdered egg whites as opposed to a regular egg white as I originally thought I would do. I used Jay Robb for my PP. I used a tablespoon of Truvia as my sweetener and did a layer of Ideal brown sugar and cinnamon in the middle and on top. I did 1/3 cup of Almond Breeze and 1/3 cup of water as my fluid and microwaved 2 min and 48 seconds (it looked done a little prior to the 3 min mark). The taste of coconut was perceptible but subtle which isn't an issue as I love coconut. It at least doubles in volume when cooked. I want to make a plain one tomorrow and top it with crushed berries. I see why everyone is excited. There is a lot you can do with this!!!!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 02-09-2013 at 06:14 PM..
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #767
Blabbermouth!!!

I was going to wait until tomorrow but I just couldn't beleive Chicken Pot Pie was so good.

Pie crust can be used for pies and pot pie crust.

1 c.Fabulous mix --------with no sweetener
1/2 c. almond flour
1/3 c. butter or coconut oil
6 T. water

Take mix ,flour and butter blend w/ a pastry cutter or fingers then add water until dough forms . Take a quarter of this crust and roll between 2 peices of plastic wrap. Mine fit my small oval casserole dish 6x4 .Iused the same filling for mine and DH's.
1 can chicken and mushoom soup from campbells
1\4 c. water
1 1/2 c. of frozen veggies for stir fry ( broccoli, bell peppers,green beans, mushrooms, onion)
mix all together pour into casserole dishes.

pot pie, razzle 006.jpg
click to enlarge
pot pie, razzle 011.jpg

The rest I used to make 4 pies of razzleberry filling. They are 4" pies.

Razzleberry pie filling
1/3 c. frozen raspberries
1/3 c. blueberries
1/3 c. blackberries.
12 drops liquid sucralose
1/4 tsp. glucomannan
2 T. water
2 T. Davinci vanilla syrup

Water, syrup , gluc in small pan ( sprinkle it in)on meduin heat on stove or use microwave.. Add all the berries and sweetner. As it thickens take off heat and pour into pie pans. Bake 30 to 45 mins. at 350 .

I got 4 but ate one.[ATTACH]48447[/ATTACH

The crumble topping of pies is 2 T. mix , 2 T. butter or coconut oil, cinnamon, a couple T. sweetner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pot pie, razzle 001.jpg (94.4 KB, 58 views)

May we all live our life as long as we want!

Last edited by rosethorns; 02-09-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #768
Always on, slightly off

Oh, my, Esther! That looks good! Your razzelberry filling is the same as the frozen berry trio at Costco.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #769
Blabbermouth!!!

I never seen that at Costco.I'll have to check it out. Have you ever had a razzleberry pie from Sara Lee.YUM. Now a low carb one.

Did you love your first muffin Cindy? That how she hooks you.You can use this mix any way you want. I love it.

Last edited by rosethorns; 02-09-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #770
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
I never seen that at Costco.I'll have to check it out. Have you ever had a razzleberry pie from Sara Lee.YUM. Now a low carb one.

Did you love your first muffin Cindy? That how she hooks you.You can use this mix any way you want. I love it.
It is in the frozen fruit area. It is by Radar Farms. Yes, I thought it was very good but I just plugged it all into a tracker. 18 grams of fiber?? Is this giving anyone......issues??
Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbbw
Stats: 234/199/150
WOE: Low Carb <30
Start Date: 1977,2000,Apr,2010
Think your recipe would make one whole pie? I bet it would! I think that's what I'm gonna do, as soon as I get my lazy self in the kitchen, that is.

Not feeling so hot tonight, so it's hard to be enthusiastic about food.. but this just might do it!
slbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #772
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbbw View Post
Think your recipe would make one whole pie? I bet it would! I think that's what I'm gonna do, as soon as I get my lazy self in the kitchen, that is.

Not feeling so hot tonight, so it's hard to be enthusiastic about food.. but this just might do it!
I'm so sorry you fell yuck. Hope you feel better. Everybody I know is sick.

Yes it'll make a whole pie. I just make little one so the whole thing isn't looking at me. I can them freeze them and put different fruit in each one.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #773
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
It is in the frozen fruit area. It is by Radar Farms. Yes, I thought it was very good but I just plugged it all into a tracker. 18 grams of fiber?? Is this giving anyone......issues??
Yes there is a lot of fiber. Sorry we should have warned you.

I read this thread and the gluc one. I learned from somebody that you have to take a little at a time. Drink a lot of water Cindy.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the fiber doesn't affect me and I am sensitive to it--I can't eat gluc dumplings or miracle noodles without consequences, but I don't have a problem with the flour mix--
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
I'm so sorry you fell yuck. Hope you feel better. Everybody I know is sick.

Yes it'll make a whole pie. I just make little one so the whole thing isn't looking at me. I can them freeze them and put different fruit in each one.
In the oven! My LC daughter and her family will be here tomorrow, so I'll have 6 total to share your Razzleberry Pie with. I increased the filling a bit, just because I'm greedy that way

Thanks for well wishes, and btw O, no issues here either
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I said I'd report back on the taste of the cake - it is yummy! It isn't exactly like a deviled foods cake but it has a nice flavor and a nice crumb. It is very filling so I was only able to eat half but, guess what?, I can have the other half tonight!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #777
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
I said I'd report back on the taste of the cake - it is yummy! It isn't exactly like a deviled foods cake but it has a nice flavor and a nice crumb. It is very filling so I was only able to eat half but, guess what?, I can have the other half tonight!
I ate the whole, damn thing!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Here's your pie, all grown up, rosethorns. Too bad I have to wait till tomorrow to cut me a slice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg razzle.jpg (53.2 KB, 81 views)
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbbw View Post
Here's your pie, all grown up, rosethorns. Too bad I have to wait till tomorrow to cut me a slice!
Sharon that is Beautiful!!!!! You with your bad self.

The taste is amazing.Your kids will think it's real pie. Did you taste the crust? YUM!!!!!

I would definitely double the filling for a whole [ie. LOL I'm greedy that way too.

Last edited by rosethorns; 02-09-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Beautiful pies ladies!! Makes me hungry just looking at them!