Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Peggy, your photos are always so wonderful and enticing. What camera do you use?

I have successfully made pancakes and crepes and waffles from this mix, but my photos are never all that good to post. Too dark!

Your photos make me hungry!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #692
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I tried to get us noodles. It didn't work. But the dough was great , it handled just like noodle dough. I held it in my hands just like you would.

When they went in the water they fell apart. I'm thinking if I put more gluc in it it might work. What do you think Peggy?

So I am going to try something else with my leftover dough .

I'll let you all know how if comes out.

Last edited by rosethorns; 02-06-2013 at 10:09 AM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

crab ragoon 003.jpgThis is our raspberry cheese danish.

1/4 c. mix
1 T. Xylitol or Erythitol
1/4 c. Davinci vanilla syrup
1/4 c. water
3 raspberries

1 T. cream cheese thinned with Davinci vanilla syrup

I make my mix with no sweetner.

Mix the Xylitol , mix, syrup and water together until smooth. Arrange your raspberries on then put your cheese mixture on top.I put it in a gadget bowl then microwave.

I use dairy free cream cheese.

I didn't mean to put the crab ragoons yet. This bottom pic is what they look like when I put them in the oven. I got 5.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crab ragoon 008.jpg (63.1 KB, 39 views)

May we all live our life as long as we want!

Last edited by rosethorns; 02-06-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Peggy, your photos are always so wonderful and enticing. What camera do you use?
It's a little Canon PowerShot SD750 Digital Elph. I love my Canon! Honestly, I'm a total ditz at taking pictures, and this little gem just doesn't take a bad pic unles my unsteady arms jar the thing and it blurs.

I always take 3 shots from different angles to be safe. I do try to avoid pic taking at night when lighting in my diningroom isn't so good. I always use the table position nearest the only window in the room and I always turn the overhead chandelier on.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Esther, I got a firmer/tougher dumpling adding a 1 tsp. coconut flour. You could try that and see if that works to firm it up more for boiling. DH and I thought with the extra coconut flour, it was too firm for dumplings. But it might just be what you're wanting for your noodles.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Peggy those pancakes look delicious!! I copied down your measurements so I can try these.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Gina. We sure liked these!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Peggy - those pancakes look wonderful!! I'll be trying them soon.

Rose - are you going to give us the low-down on the crab rangoons? They look good going into the oven; if I didn't know I would think you had used wonton wrappers.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #699
Blabbermouth!!!

Rose - are you going to give us the low-down on the crab rangoons? They look good going into the oven; if I didn't know I would think you had used wonton wrappers.[/QUOTE]

LOL yes I am. I had a liitle mishap. So I will re-do them today.

Ever since they poured chemo in my brain , I have to watch everything I do . I forget what I'm doing 5 mins after doing it.
Sooooo I forgot I had the broiler on to brown the danish and put the crab ragoons in to cook. Needless to say they burnt . The bottoms where the filling was was good. I wrote the recipe down so I won't forget. I will do them again today.

I will say they held their shape and tasted good on the bottom.

I will do it again today. And put pics up.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
I tried to get us noodles. It didn't work. But the dough was great , it handled just like noodle dough. I held it in my hands just like you would.

When they went in the water they fell apart. I'm thinking if I put more gluc in it it might work. What do you think Peggy?

So I am going to try something else with my leftover dough .

I'll let you all know how if comes out.

I was thinking about this on the way to work and was wondering if you somewhat used the method they use in the Glucomannan thread to make homemade miracle noodles if that would work better.

I also realized that I bought two of those mini-pie pans that hold four each back before Christmas so if I can just find them I'm good to go on the mini-pies and pot pies.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #701
Pam
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pam
Stats: 181/150/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: March 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
I used this one.

For the donut part this is what I used

1 cup flour mix
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup erythritol
15 drops Splenda liquid
1 tsp vanilla
15 drops coconut Capella drops

For the apple cinnamon donuts I added some cinnamon and chopped low sugar apple pie filling, the chocolate donuts I added some cocoa powder to a small amount of hot water and added that along with more sweetener. The jelly filled and plain coconut ones I didn't add anything to the mix.

Coconut crunch topping

Powdered erythritol mixed with water to make a thin glaze
Toasted angel coconut made by soaking unsweetened coconut in Splenda, then toasting it.

Dip cooled donut hole in the glaze, then roll in the coconut.
Gina....Since I don't have any buttermilk, could I use sour milk instead? Seems like it would work.....Thanks, for all your wonderful recipes using Ouizoid's mix
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #702
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
are the different recipes for the various foods using this mix posted anywhere seperately or do we need to scroll through all the pages to find the recipes? Is there anyway to add the different recipes that everybody makes to link to the first post in this thread?

I'd love to have the different recipes but am intimidated by scrolling through the whole thread...
Deb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
I'd love to have the different recipes but am intimidated by scrolling through the whole thread...
I agree! I have dealt with this by copying every recipe that looks good to me, pasting it into a separate document along with the url and the post #, and saving it in both the appropriate folder on my computer and onto a master document with all of the recipes. That means, though, that I have to visit this string every day to keep up. Whew!

But wouldn't it be great to categorize the recipes--like "pie crust", "biscuits", "donuts", etc.?
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
I went to Bed Bath & Beyond-- about a half-hour away to purchase a baby cake pop maker after finding online that they carried them. They were sold out, but said that a nearby store had 8 in stock, did I want them to order one to have sent to my house? Yes! Been waiting with baited breath--only to find now, 8 days later, that the order is coming from California, 3000 miles away and won't be here for days! So disappointed!

so, complaints aside, any ideas about making donuts with the donut recipe in some other pan? I don't have a donut pan, but have ideas for using a muffin tin. Does this bake in the oven?
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbbw
Stats: 234/199/150
WOE: Low Carb <30
Start Date: 1977,2000,Apr,2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Gina....Since I don't have any buttermilk, could I use sour milk instead? Seems like it would work.....Thanks, for all your wonderful recipes using Ouizoid's mix

That's exactly what I did yesterday. I didn't have buttermilk, so used half and half HC and water with some vinegar added to it. My 8 yr old grand-daughter and I made some spice donut holes rolled in cinnamon sugar a 'la Ginaaaaa. Everyone loved them
slbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #706
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianafoot View Post
I agree! I have dealt with this by copying every recipe that looks good to me, pasting it into a separate document along with the url and the post #, and saving it in both the appropriate folder on my computer and onto a master document with all of the recipes. That means, though, that I have to visit this string every day to keep up. Whew!

But wouldn't it be great to categorize the recipes--like "pie crust", "biscuits", "donuts", etc.?
yes, that would be fantastic...
Deb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbbw View Post
That's exactly what I did yesterday. I didn't have buttermilk, so used half and half HC and water with some vinegar added to it. My 8 yr old grand-daughter and I made some spice donut holes rolled in cinnamon sugar a 'la Ginaaaaa. Everyone loved them
Yay I'm glad they came out good!! I was going to say that I think you can use cream, half and half mixture with the vinegar.

I agree about it being hard to find all the different recipes but I'm afraid that's how it usually goes with great threads like this. It could be made a sticky so we would never lose the thread but s far as categorizing it, I don't see how that could happen.

You can do a search this thread at the top. Type in what you're looking for, pie, cookie, donuts like that. I have done it a few times when I was looking for a certain recipe.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kalatraza
Stats: 280/255/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2011
Has anyone figured out a carb count for the pie crust? I'd volunteer but somehow I always manage to get it wrong. . . .
kalatraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
The only way to get an index in the first post is to ask the mods. A few perrrrtty pleeeases would help.

We did that for the glucomannan thread.
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #710
Pam
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Pam
Stats: 181/150/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: March 2001
Thanks, Sharon, for the confirmation! I thought it would be ok., but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I don't know. Maybe we should do a blog and have all the recipes there. The only thing keeping me from doing that is the idea that I still might market the thing if only it wasn't so tempermental
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I don't know. Maybe we should do a blog and have all the recipes there. The only thing keeping me from doing that is the idea that I still might market the thing if only it wasn't so tempermental
Ouizoid couldn't you put a message on the bag about it's temper. I use your mix and sometimes I add things to make what I'm trying to do.
They always have 'what you can do with this mix'." It works better using this microwave wattage". Your mix is a major starting point for me. The best stuff I've come across to make all the goodies. AMAZING.I've had no trouble with this mix. I read all the pages before I started.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't had any problems with this mix either. It's been fun coming up with new recipes for it. It's just like any other flour or bake mix, you just need to come up with the recipes for it.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made the pancakes again this morning, although I used almond milk instead of cream. Really truly the best LC pancakes I have ever had. There is something magical about adding fats to this mix--the egg, the milk and the oil/butter transform this into the real deal. Makes me think about trying a real layer cake--although the dough becomes relatively soft and not sturdy like an almond batter would. That is the real issue--it is perfect for muffins or pancakes or small cakes where there isn't too much tension on the batter.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

That's why you need to come up with a companion cookbook to sell with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I made the pancakes again this morning, although I used almond milk instead of cream. Really truly the best LC pancakes I have ever had. There is something magical about adding fats to this mix--the egg, the milk and the oil/butter transform this into the real deal. Makes me think about trying a real layer cake--although the dough becomes relatively soft and not sturdy like an almond batter would. That is the real issue--it is perfect for muffins or pancakes or small cakes where there isn't too much tension on the batter.
Yes, my very dry donuts will attest to that! Lol I have been thinking about making a cake with your mix for a while now but like you said I'm worried it wouldn't work out as a large cake. I guess we have some experimenting to do.

What were your measurements of milk, egg and fats for your pancakes?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you are right Pam--a website and a cookbook. I have the name and number of a manufacturer and when I make my pitch (sometime soon), I plan also to direct them to this thread full of wonderful amazing experimenters.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

gina--I am such a bad measurer and more of an eyeballer, lol. Not so great eh? 1/4 cup mix, one egg, probably a Tbs of MCT oil, probably 1/4 cup vanilla davincis, probably 1/4 cup of almond milk and lots of butter in the pan. I really just keep adding liquids til it is the proper pancake consistency. I had to add a tiny bit more milk to the batter for the 3rd pancake cause it had gotten pretty thick. They were divine, really.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

No prob, sounds like what I do lol
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
gina--I am such a bad measurer and more of an eyeballer, lol. Not so great eh? 1/4 cup mix, one egg, probably a Tbs of MCT oil, probably 1/4 cup vanilla davincis, probably 1/4 cup of almond milk and lots of butter in the pan. I really just keep adding liquids til it is the proper pancake consistency. I had to add a tiny bit more milk to the batter for the 3rd pancake cause it had gotten pretty thick. They were divine, really.

I love using MCT oil.