Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
I didn't really time them but I would say about 3 or 4 minutes maybe? I did turn them over to get a more even color on them. So I probably cooked the first side for about 3 minutes and then another minute for the other side. I was really happy with how they came out in it and now I'm thinking about making muffins in my pie maker.
Oooh I'm glad I asked.
I've got a cake ball maker I can borrow and I am excited about making these little gems!
Thank you!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
You guys are really killing me here!!! I don't have glucomannan powder or egg white powder so I still haven't made this mix yet, but I drool at every picture that's posted!

I'm going to order those two items soon but I really want to try something now. Do you think I could use whole egg powder and xanthan or guar? If so, would I use the same measurements as for the correct ingredients? I really, really want to make something!
I would think you could give it a try. I know you can use non-powdered egg white, because I have used real egg white. And one of Jen's flour mixes uses xanthan and it works well, so give it a shot. It won't be exactly the same, but probably similar. I am not sure of how much xanthan equals gluc. I would try it with an individual muffin so you don't waste a whole batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
I loved the idea of apple fritters. I just don't know how you would get it to stick to the apples. How about apples inside of the muffin?

Your pan is really cool looking.

I've to time them next time I make them to make sure.
Maybe mix up into a batter, add in some chopped apples, and drop by the spoonful into hot oil?

This is what the actual whole pan looks like. One side is the white side. The blue side is the cover and it has a small hole on the top of each. It locks with two little sliders.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Quote:
Sorry about the mix up, no pun intended lol but either way it works for me.

I saved a couple donuts for this morning and they tasted just as good!!
I noticed when you first posted it, but it really doesn't make any difference unless you are messing with carb counts etc.

Now that we have counts for 1/4c, all is good. Thanks Buttoni.

I wonder what the (batch and 1/4c) counts are if you use 1T coconut and 1T almond flour in the mix?
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Thanks!! My pan is a metal one. I found it at Homegoods around the holidays. Also saw a ton of them at Marshall's in December.
That's what I originally loved about the mix was making individual portions of things. If I made a huge batch of something, I would eat it all.

Mine took a bit longer than yours in the oven. I baked at 325 degrees for 14 minutes.
Next I want to frost some like yours. Love chocolate!

I would love to make these into apple fritters. My all-time-diet-busting doughnut! But I would need to fry them in hot oil, so perhaps I better not go there. I can eat the chopped up apples on my plan. I might just try it for the sake of experimentation.

That's funny, I was just thinking about chopping up some apple and adding it to the dough!! I was thinking about making some donuts with a chocolate coating using sf chocolate chips like those hostess chocolate donettes. Another idea was injecting sf jelly for jelly donuts!!

They all sound good to me! lol
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's funny, I was just thinking about chopping up some apple and adding it to the dough!! I was thinking about making some donuts with a chocolate coating using sf chocolate chips like those hostess chocolate donettes. Another idea was injecting sf jelly for jelly donuts!!

They all sound good to me! lol
Oh good! Try it and let me know. If you fry up a couple spoonfuls, and say it is good, I am going to pass out. I have been thinking of that now and want to fry them up and coat with a light glaze.
Injecting the doughnuts is a great idea. They could be cream filled or SF jelly. That would be the bomb-diggity!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
[QUOTE=sungoddess;16229778]I would think you could give it a try. I know you can use non-powdered egg white, because I have used real egg white. And one of Jen's flour mixes uses xanthan and it works well, so give it a shot. It won't be exactly the same, but probably similar. I am not sure of how much xanthan equals gluc. I would try it with an individual muffin so you don't waste a whole batch.

Sungoddess - I did give it a try. I used Quiz's original recipe except I used 1 Tb. whole egg powder and 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum - to that I added about 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. For the liquid I used 1/4 cup DaVinci white chocolate syrup and 1/4 cup water. I made a cinnamon struesal with erythritol, cinnamon and butter. Put half the batter in a ramekin, topped with half the streusal, put the remainder of the batter in then the remainder of the streusal. I am quite pleased with the end result. I think I may have overcooked it just a tad but it's still edible. I broke off a small piece to taste but I'm keeping the rest for breakfast. The piece I tasted was deslish! I'm still going to order the gluc and egg white powder but nice to know the other ingredients work as well.

I did take a pic which showed a nice cinnamon swirl through the middle of the bun.

I'm so glad I finally tried this, I think it will be a nice little go to for breakfast or a snack to have the dry ingredients all ready to go.

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Sungoddess - I did give it a try. I used Quiz's original recipe except I used 1 Tb. whole egg powder and 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum - to that I added about 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. For the liquid I used 1/4 cup DaVinci white chocolate syrup and 1/4 cup water. I made a cinnamon struesal with erythritol, cinnamon and butter. Put half the batter in a ramekin, topped with half the streusal, put the remainder of the batter in then the remainder of the streusal. I am quite pleased with the end result. I think I may have overcooked it just a tad but it's still edible. I broke off a small piece to taste but I'm keeping the rest for breakfast. The piece I tasted was deslish! I'm still going to order the gluc and egg white powder but nice to know the other ingredients work as well.

I did take a pic which showed a nice cinnamon swirl through the middle of the bun.

I'm so glad I finally tried this, I think it will be a nice little go to for breakfast or a snack to have the dry ingredients all ready to go.

sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #578
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I would think you could give it a try. I know you can use non-powdered egg white, because I have used real egg white. And one of Jen's flour mixes uses xanthan and it works well, so give it a shot. It won't be exactly the same, but probably similar. I am not sure of how much xanthan equals gluc. I would try it with an individual muffin so you don't waste a whole batch.

Maybe mix up into a batter, add in some chopped apples, and drop by the spoonful into hot oil?

This is what the actual whole pan looks like. One side is the white side. The blue side is the cover and it has a small hole on the top of each. It locks with two little sliders.

Your pans are really pretty!!!! Yess chopped apples and spices, drop by spoonfuls sounds great to me.

I took one chocolate one and put some s/f raspberry jam in it.YUM!!

Krispy Kreme donut holes . I can't eat them. But a great thought.

You go Tweaker Geek.

Last edited by rosethorns; 01-30-2013 at 06:04 PM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Quote:
Peggy that's great that you wrote that out for people who won't understand. It makes it easier. Sometimes it can get so confusing. Thanks..
It's the teacher in me, Esther. Can't turn it off just 'cause you retire. LOL
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I'll be out of pocket a couple days for a funeral. Leave in the morning. Wonder how many pages of this thread I'll have to catch up on when I get back. LOL you ladies are on a ROLL with this mix!
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Safe trip, Buttoni.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #582
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
It's the teacher in me, Esther. Can't turn it off just 'cause you retire. LOL

This is so true Peggy. I can't always turn the nurse off in me since retiring.

Blessings to you on your trip.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
Made a little blackberry cobbler this morning. Actually, it was more like a pie, but growing up we always called blackberries in a pie crust cobbler.

Anyway, used 2 T of the original mix (made with all coconut flour, no almond flour, and I used vanilla protein powder) moistened with 1/2 capful DaVinci French Vanilla syrup and a little water.

Mixed til pie crust texture, and patted half of it into the bottom of a glass custard dish. Added 1 oz unsweetened frozen blackberries, and topped with the other half of the crust (I pressed it between two pieces of plastic wrap).

Microwaved for 1 min, came out perfect! Topped with a little heavy cream. So good!
at_last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

Do you by chance have apic of this cobbler?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Oops! Already ate it.

I'll take one next time.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #586
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL LOL LOL Please. It sounds good.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

at_last your cobbler is amazing!And I took a pic.

click to enlarge
cobbler & apple 002.jpg

I did it the way you wrote it. I can see how a splash of cream would really work.

I added a capful of Davinci Vanilla syrup to the blackberries. I made it look like cobbler by just putting the batter in chunks on top of berries.

Last edited by rosethorns; 01-31-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
Quote:

click to enlarge
Attachment 48304

I did it the way you wrote it. I can see how a splash of cream would really work.

I added a capful of Davinci Vanilla syrup to the blackberries. I made it look like cobbler by just putting the batter in chunks on top of berries.
Thank you Rosethorns! That looks great!
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #589
Blabbermouth!!!

This is proably for maintenace.
I took 1 oz. or 27 grams of chopped apple , 1/4 tsp. cinnamon , 2 tsp. Davinci carmel syrup. I mixed this all together. Then added this to the flour mix with water and Davinci Carmel syrup & water.

I baked this for 12 mins in the cake pop maker. Here are some pics.

cobbler & apple 004.jpg

cobbler & apple 007.jpg
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #590
Blabbermouth!!!

Better pic . I hope.

cobbler & apple 006.jpg

These are amazing . I had to eat one.YUMMY!!!!!!!

Last edited by rosethorns; 01-31-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbbw
Stats: 234/199/150
WOE: Low Carb <30
Start Date: 1977,2000,Apr,2010
Quote:

click to enlarge
Attachment 48304

Ditto to both of you. On my play list for today!
slbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Better pic . I hope.

Attachment 48308

These are amazing . I had to eat one.YUMMY!!!!!!!
Those look yummy!!! I was thinking about using some apple flavoring for the apple ones, I bet we could even use sf apple cider as the liquid for flavoring too!!

Good job with the donuts and cobbler Esther!
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #593
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gina....good idea about the s/f cider mix. I didn't think of that.

When I made the round apple fritter I cooked it for 12 mins. It was brown but not cooked all the way through. So I had to nuke it for 1 min. It might have been better if I chopped the apple smaller. hmmmmmmmmmm...................
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

click to enlarge
Attachment 48304

Thanks, Rosethorns! That picture looks great. At least you had the presence of mind to snap a pic first, unlike me who just scarfed it down.

That's pretty much how mine looked, too, except a full crust. I think this is going to be my go-to pie crust in the future.

Thanks, Ouizoid, for your great recipe!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TBipp
Stats: 142/112/120, 5 ft 2 in
WOE: Combined low carb
Start Date: 05/23/2011
Quote:
Thanks Gina....good idea about the s/f cider mix. I didn't think of that.

When I made the round apple fritter I cooked it for 12 mins. It was brown but not cooked all the way through. So I had to nuke it for 1 min. It might have been better if I chopped the apple smaller. hmmmmmmmmmm...................
Or, maybe cook the apples a little bit in microwave first. Apples take a long time to cook.
TBipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #596
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBipp View Post
Or, maybe cook the apples a little bit in microwave first. Apples take a long time to cook.
That's a good idea!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
In the ebelskiver cookbook I bought the directions call for adding the apple filling to the center of the pastry. You fill the cake pop hole with some batter spoon in some apple filling then fill the rest of the way up with more batter.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Pizza Crust

Most bread-like crust I have tried. Held up to toppings really well. I omitted the sweetner and added Italian seasoning. Put dough in a small cast iron fry pan with olive oil. Baked at 350 for 10 minutes. Then added toppings and back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Very good flavour. Fewer calories than most of the low carb pizza crusts.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Redeemed. You reminded me. I did this in the beginning of this recipe. I think I also added a tbs of parm
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #600
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by at_last View Post
Made a little blackberry cobbler this morning. Actually, it was more like a pie, but growing up we always called blackberries in a pie crust cobbler.

Anyway, used 2 T of the original mix (made with all coconut flour, no almond flour, and I used vanilla protein powder) moistened with 1/2 capful DaVinci French Vanilla syrup and a little water.

Mixed til pie crust texture, and patted half of it into the bottom of a glass custard dish. Added 1 oz unsweetened frozen blackberries, and topped with the other half of the crust (I pressed it between two pieces of plastic wrap).

Microwaved for 1 min, came out perfect! Topped with a little heavy cream. So good!
I'm going to try this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Most bread-like crust I have tried. Held up to toppings really well. I omitted the sweetner and added Italian seasoning. Put dough in a small cast iron fry pan with olive oil. Baked at 350 for 10 minutes. Then added toppings and back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Very good flavour. Fewer calories than most of the low carb pizza crusts.
......and this!! Both great ideas! On the pizza crust, do you think you could flatten a tad, microwave as opposed to baking in oil, then top and bake to finish ? Also, was the coconut taste hidden?

I ended up ordering my coconut flour from Netrition as i went to 2 stores and couldn't find it and got tired of looking. I did however, find the El Deb (or Deb El or whatever it is) powdered egg whites.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote