Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gello5440
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: October 2010
I added a little designer whey french vanilla protein powder to the peanut butter to make it a little more firm. ( I used Smuckers Natural PB ).
gello5440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Well, it isn't "after" yet. It is still "during". I will post some after I lose a bit more.

At first I thought you were asking if I had before and after pics of the bacon bark. I was thinking, how do I give an after shot of that? An empty plate? I am clearing not firing on all cylinders today!
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlp2009
The Lindt chocolate that I have seen has sugar. Sugar makes me crave more sugar so I need to avoid that. Does Lindt make an unsweetened bar? I have been using Bakers for various applications, but it is very strong (concentrated chocolate)and bitter.
I haven't tried the Ghiradelli unsweetened yet since it is quite expensive, but is it also bitter?
TIA!!
jlp2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Mmm please do post the peanut butter recipe you end up using. I made a batch with candy cane bits, but something in the sugar free candy canes didn't sit well with my gut. It was delicious though!
I'm sorry, I didn't really measure, I just added coconut flour and sweetener to the peanut butter, until it looked dryer. I poured some of the chocolate candy mixture into a pan and set it in the fridge and then I added peppermint flavor to the rest of the chocolate and added crushed candy canes, and forgot to save some of it to pour on the top of the peanut butter layer! So I took the pan out of the fridge and patted the peanut butter mixture on half of it then folded the other side over the peanut butter. It was yummy but doesn't look that great lol I wish I had poured the chocolate into muffin papers to make peanut butter cups. They were both yummy and I'm bringing the candy with me to my sisters so I will have something to keep me away from the real candies and treats over Christmas.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't really measure, I just added coconut flour and sweetener to the peanut butter, until it looked dryer. I poured some of the chocolate candy mixture into a pan and set it in the fridge and then I added peppermint flavor to the rest of the chocolate and added crushed candy canes, and forgot to save some of it to pour on the top of the peanut butter layer! So I took the pan out of the fridge and patted the peanut butter mixture on half of it then folded the other side over the peanut butter. It was yummy but doesn't look that great lol I wish I had poured the chocolate into muffin papers to make peanut butter cups. They were both yummy and I'm bringing the candy with me to my sisters so I will have something to keep me away from the real candies and treats over Christmas.
That's okay. Thanks for posting your method. I am going to give it a try!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #66
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Thanks for the recipe!

Not to self (and others): don't use Truvia as part of the sweetener. The crystals didn't dissolve. It still tasted good (what I licked off the spoon).

I used little candy molds. I put chopped almonds in some and poured the chocolate over. A few more I poured the chocolate in the mold and sprinkled crushed peppermint candy on the top. I should have waited because the candy just sunk.

I am sure they will taste good.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
I made peanut butter cups only I made them in bar form because it was less time consuming for me. I pour half of the chocolate into a square glass dish and put in fridge until firm. While its firming up I mix some coconut flour and sweetener into about 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter until its dry. Then I plop the peanut butter onto some parchment paper and cover with plastic wrap and roll it out so its the size of the chocolate in the pan. Then I take the pan of chocolate out of the fridge, remove the plastic wrap from the top of the peanut butter and turn the parchment upside down and on top of the chocolate in the pan. Then I pour the rest of the melted chocolate on top, put the pan back in the fridge to firm up.

It sounds harder than it really is. Basically I just melt the chocolate, pour half in the pan, chill, roll out the peanut butter, place on top of the chilled chocolate, pour the rest of the melted chocolate on top and chill until its firm.

It's really yummy and tastes just like a peanut butter cup. I add some milk powder to the chocolate to lighten it up some, but it made it a little crumbly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (50.5 KB, 9 views)
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
That looks really good Gina.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dizneegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp2009 View Post
I have been using Bakers for various applications, but it is very strong (concentrated chocolate)and bitter.
I haven't tried the Ghiradelli unsweetened yet since it is quite expensive, but is it also bitter?
TIA!!
All unsweetened chocolate is going to be bitter... just the nature of the "beast".
dizneegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:55 AM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Bumping for summer
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote