Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: xaviergrace
Stats: 180/128/110
WOE: Experimental
Start Date: Januaryish
LowCarb on a budget?

Not sure where to post this. I'm ADHD among other things, so I decided to try lowcarb. So far, it's been great. I'm having trouble making the food stamps last, though. I get roughly $25 a week. I'm allergic to eggs and dairy. I've tried vegan, and that was disasterous. Not sure why, but tofu and I do not agree. Soymilk's not a problem though. I don't like cooking. Meals for me are more of a mad dash as I run around trying to remember where I scattered everything. I'm also in college, so meals must be portable. I have 3 days a week I can do light cooking (Friday through Sunday). Making big meals and freezing them doesn't work because I share freezer space, and it's usually quite full. My breakfasts are typically a fruit and almond milk smoothie chased by some random sugarfree coffee (the additives aren't good for the ADHD, I know, but it keeps me from being hungry for a while). Beans and rice are OK once or twice a week, and potatoes are NEVER an option (I was playing around with increasing carbs in a cheap, gluten-free manner and wound up with intense joint pain as a reward :P). I prefer Paleo/bulletproof way of eating, though to be fair I have to admit lately it's been lean pockets and pizza rolls (yeck). Can anyone give me ideas? A week's worth of menu items (I do prefer not eating the same thing every day, though some repitition is fine) and the recipe? Thank you soo much!
xaviergrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Reported.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
There are lots of thread on here for things that you can make and eat. Here is a good thread. A lot of reading.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-pictures.html
There is a search button at the top of this forum that you can search for all kinds of recipes.

Last edited by rosethorns; 02-27-2012 at 04:01 PM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Here are a couple, and try anything Linda Sue's. She uses readily available and not expensive ingredients.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-pinchers.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ls-4-days.html

Hope this helps!
Tilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
This is the one I was looking for. This will help alot.

3 ingredient recipes
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
I am on a very tight budget and 3 ingredient recipes work great for me.
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaviergrace View Post
Not sure where to post this. I'm ADHD among other things, so I decided to try lowcarb. So far, it's been great. I'm having trouble making the food stamps last, though. I get roughly $25 a week. I'm allergic to eggs and dairy. I've tried vegan, and that was disasterous. Not sure why, but tofu and I do not agree. Soymilk's not a problem though. I don't like cooking. Meals for me are more of a mad dash as I run around trying to remember where I scattered everything. I'm also in college, so meals must be portable. I have 3 days a week I can do light cooking (Friday through Sunday). Making big meals and freezing them doesn't work because I share freezer space, and it's usually quite full. My breakfasts are typically a fruit and almond milk smoothie chased by some random sugarfree coffee (the additives aren't good for the ADHD, I know, but it keeps me from being hungry for a while). Beans and rice are OK once or twice a week, and potatoes are NEVER an option (I was playing around with increasing carbs in a cheap, gluten-free manner and wound up with intense joint pain as a reward :P). I prefer Paleo/bulletproof way of eating, though to be fair I have to admit lately it's been lean pockets and pizza rolls (yeck). Can anyone give me ideas? A week's worth of menu items (I do prefer not eating the same thing every day, though some repitition is fine) and the recipe? Thank you soo much!
Since you can have soymilk, have you tried TVP? It's relatively cheap and filling and can be used in so many ways.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote