Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Free low carb cookbook. For men only! No women allowed! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/758422-free-low-carb-cookbook-men-only-no-women-allowed.html)

ab1ht 02-18-2012 09:59 AM

Free low carb cookbook. For men only! No women allowed!

OK, so now that I got your attention... :D

I was once completely clueless in the kitchen. So, over the years, I've been compiling recipes that were both low carb and easy enough for even a dumb guy like me to make (read the cookbook for the full story).

This "cookbook" might help make the transition into low carb a little easier for some of the newer folks.

I had it posted online for a while, then threw a hissy fit and took it down. Now it's back up. :eek: So if you want it, here it is. It's free. It's green (electronic copy). And maybe someone will find something useful in it.

It's a work in progress, so constructive feedback is welcome. Enjoy.

Aptos Gal 02-18-2012 10:22 AM

hehe, ok so I'm not a man! But I peeked at the cookbook anyway. I liked it! I like the pics and the way you write. Thanks for the link Paul.

metqa 02-18-2012 10:31 AM

A few years ago I downloaded a Low carb cook book for men. It was easy and humorous. I lost it when my computer crashed and hadn't thought of it since then.

If that was yours, and I think it was cause of the title, then thanks for putting it back up!

Charski 02-18-2012 10:51 AM

HA HA!! I LOOKED! :D

I looked the first time too and loved it then. Great job, Paul!

Jonahsafta 02-18-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab1ht (Post 15426730)
OK, so now that I got your attention... :D

I was once completely clueless in the kitchen. So, over the years, I've been compiling recipes that were both low carb and easy enough for even a dumb guy like me to make (read the cookbook for the full story).

This "cookbook" might help make the transition into low carb a little easier for some of the newer folks.

I had it posted online for a while, then threw a hissy fit and took it down. Now it's back up. :eek: So if you want it, here it is. It's free. It's green (electronic copy). And maybe someone will find something useful in it.

:hyst::hyst::hyst: I pretended to be a man and read the cookbook..I loved it..Id recommend it to ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Neapolita 02-18-2012 11:17 AM

:up: Love the cookbook! I can't cook even though I'm not a man. Funny thing is all my brothers can cook.

metqa 02-18-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab1ht (Post 15426730)

....Wait just a minute?! Can dudes have hissy fits?!

ab1ht 02-18-2012 11:49 AM

Thanks, guys. Yeah, that was most likely me a few years back. Like I said, it's been a long work in progress.

Can dudes have hissy fits? I guess so, since I threw one. I'll have to Google it and see...

From Urban dictionary:
Quote:

hissy fit

noun. A sudden outburst of temper, often used to describe female anger at something trivial. Originally regional from American South. Thought to originate from contraction of "hysterical fit."
OK, so it's often used to describe female anger, but not exclusively.

My wife often teases me and says that I'm in touch with my feminine side more so than other men. I have a feeling she's right since gay men seem to hit on me more than women do. :mad:

metqa 02-18-2012 12:02 PM

hahaha, I'm just jibing ya!!! I've seen a few of my friends throw hissy fits and we all like to make sure they are aware of the hissiness of it. Well, I don't participate but they will make fun of each other for hours afterward.
Quote:

My wife often teases me and says that I'm in touch with my feminine side more so than other men. I have a feeling she's right since gay men seem to hit on me more than women do.
:laugh: You are probably just a nice guy, and people who are looking for other nice people can pick up on that. Women tend to be suspicious of "nice" guys anyway so that could be keeping them at bay. ;)

Hey, I'm really glad I checked out the book cause I wanted to make a chocolate pie with cream but didn't know to add water to it. Your recipe is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing but with the extra water and the chocolate bits on top. So I think rather than experiment, I'll use Yours!! :up:

ab1ht 02-18-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 15426950)
Hey, I'm really glad I checked out the book cause I wanted to make a chocolate pie with cream but didn't know to add water to it. Your recipe is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing but with the extra water and the chocolate bits on top. So I think rather than experiment, I'll use Yours!! :up:

Glad you found it useful.

I'll be by later to try some.

Pheelyx 02-18-2012 12:51 PM

Thanks for sharing. I love finding new recipes.

This time 02-18-2012 12:55 PM

You knew darn well if you said men only! all the women would click on it:hyst::hyst:

rosethorns 02-18-2012 01:06 PM

Another woman. I just love it. My son is a chef and I taught him.

Your cookbook is wonderful.

buttoni 02-18-2012 02:46 PM

Yes, you have done a very nice job there, Paul. Some nice sounding recipes, too! I like simple, so they really appeal to me. :)

Tilly 02-18-2012 03:20 PM

Well of course I had to open it, it said for men only. :hyst: Trying hard to figure them out (men). Not very successful :sad:

Thanks for sharing, I love the humor that goes along with it!!!! And it is nice that you want to have control over what you eat, how you look, feel, and how healthy you want to be, juist like the rest of us, men AND women.

Keeping my weight off now is as much a struggle as was losing it. I know this is a life-time commitment

ab1ht 02-18-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly (Post 15427308)
Keeping my weight off now is as much a struggle as was losing it. I know this is a life-time commitment

Indeed. We all have good days and bad days.

marnie4949 02-18-2012 05:47 PM

Liked the recipes, loved the "tongue-in-cheek" style and particularly liked the story at the end.:up: Waiting impatiently for part two!:shake:

ab1ht 02-19-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marnie4949 (Post 15427575)
...particularly liked the story at the end.:up: Waiting impatiently for part two!:shake:

:eek: Seriously? :hyst:

Well, thanks. You'll be the first to receive part two of my sucky writing, just as soon as I write it... you poor sick woman. :hugs:

Ghislaine 02-19-2012 04:34 AM

Just by the title and the comment by the others in this thread and I know what my next present to my husband will be! :hyst: He's definitely a man who wasn't taught to cook by his mother. My father and I are the ones who've taught him all he knows but I'm pretty sure he'd appreciate this cookbook!

:lol:And I appreciate that I'll be able to tell him, dinner's on you once a week now!

cookwithme65 02-19-2012 04:39 AM

This is just perfect Paul. I'm restarting induction today and my BF can use this to prepare dinner for me as he is home retired and I'm out working. Thankyou for sharing.

jigglenomore 02-19-2012 05:48 AM

I had to peek, too! Love your cookbook, and really enjoy your humor, Paul! Keep up the good work!

Ann Lytle 02-19-2012 06:44 AM

Also enjoying your writing it's fun to read. just wondering what Black/white pudding is........... Ann

ab1ht 02-19-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Lytle (Post 15428176)
just wondering what Black/white pudding is........... Ann

You know, I never really noticed that. The "English Breakfast" was submitted by someone (from England) and I never tried to make it.

I did a quick search, and I'm guessing it's something like this: Black and White Pudding Squares Recipe - Allrecipes.com

If anyone else has any insights, feel free to educate me and I'll add it to the next edition.

metqa 02-19-2012 08:44 AM

Black pudding, blood pudding or blood sausage is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.

the filler can be bread, herbs, meats, vegetable, rice and other regional favorites.

white pudding is pretty much the same but without the blood.

ab1ht 02-19-2012 10:33 AM

Ewww... do you think that's what she meant with the black/white pudding? If so, what's the white pudding?

metqa 02-19-2012 11:37 AM

white pudding is black pudding without the blood, hence it's not black but more the colour of the filling which tends to be light colored meats and starches.

Annie75 02-19-2012 12:37 PM

Printing it as I write! Thank you!

cherbear49908 02-20-2012 05:01 AM

Thanks so much for a book that might inspire my husband to take a turn at dinner...up to now his only claim to cooking fame is that he can make pancakes from a mix if he only has to add water...which isn't much help on Atkins!

Well written & done & much appreciated!

Ann Lytle 02-20-2012 05:53 AM

Double Ewww... thanks.................. Ann

ab1ht 02-20-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Lytle (Post 15430381)
Double Ewww... thanks.................. Ann

Seriously. If I ever want to start a Klingon cookbook, I'll know where to start. That and blood pie.

Glad I could help everyone else. Sounds like I should expect some angry emails from men who just wanted their women to cook for them? :dunno:

This was supposed to empower men, not help women enslave them! :hyst: