Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Frozen Yogurt Pics / Dair free (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/757762-frozen-yogurt-pics-dair-free.html)

rosethorns 02-13-2012 11:38 AM

Frozen Yogurt Pics / Dair free

3 Attachment(s)
Essy's Dairy free coconut frozen yogurt

2 jars of coconut yogurt Attachment 42931

put them in small container like ice cube tray , little plastic cups and put in freezer , leave them about 4 hrs.
Attachment 42932 I used these and put them in my mini muffin tin to freeze.

8 frozen strawberries , or 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or raspberries.
1/4 to 1/2 c. coconut milk
sweeten to your taste ( I used a few drops of liqiud sucralose.)

I used a vita-mix to make it. Take all your cubes of frozen yogurt, frozen strawberries, sweetener, and coconut milk, pulse at 4 until smooth like ice cream . You may have to add more coconut milk to get your consistency, a little at a time.

Attachment 42933

It's so YUMMY!

Charski 02-13-2012 11:45 AM

DANG that looks SO good!

Although it's only 49* here right now at 11:45 am and I just made a cuppa hot tea....:D

buttoni 02-13-2012 12:09 PM

Only 46 in Central Texas right now. That tea sounds good! Your frozen yogurt still looks good, too, Esther. :)

rosethorns 02-13-2012 12:15 PM

LOL LOL You ladies kill me. Somebody asked me for the recipe. THat's why I made it.
I took one bite and put it in the freezer. And took pics.

37 here in Washington. LOL I drinking tea also.

Jennifer Eloff 02-13-2012 04:15 PM

ROFL I'm eating frozen yogurt. Hot here! :) Looks good, Esther.

Tweaker Geek 02-16-2012 02:51 PM

Where do you get coconut yogurt? I've never seen any that I remember, do you make your own, Esther? Oh, I guess you do, just re-read your post :doh: Would you give us the recipe? If already posted, I must have missed it. Thanks.

rosethorns 02-16-2012 03:46 PM

Here ya go kiddo.:cool:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ee-yogurt.html

I'm looking for canned coconut milk right now. I think 2 cans of coconut milk will make it all coconut milk yogurt.

Right now I like the texture of cashew milk & coconut milk. It's more store bought.

Also Vanessa120 has made a dairy free cream cheese looking frosting.
I'm getting ready to make that soon.:cool:

Tweaker Geek 02-17-2012 10:13 AM

Thanks, Esther. Are the NOW probiotics capsules the ones you use?

I'll wait to see how it comes out with the 2 cans of coconut milk, if it comes out well I think that's the way I'll go; if not, I'll try doing the cashew milk version sometime - more work :laugh:- I'd prefer to just open a couple cans! LOL - nothing lazy about me!

Your strawberry frozen yogurt looks so good, I want some!!

rosethorns 02-17-2012 11:15 AM

Tweaker I used Solaray dairy free probiotics. 3 billion per capsule. Is Now dairy free and have a lot of probiotics?

I just love it. My Thai coconut milk has 11 grams of fat but it $4.69 a can here. So I have to venture out and find an Asian market. On line it $2.33 so I know it's out there.

I be lazy too. I've been lazy long enough. I want bread and yogurt and now I have them. I'm going to an asian market this week.

Tweaker Geek 02-18-2012 12:19 PM

Esther, this is the info from the Netrition web site:

NOW
Probiotic Defense

Healthy Intestinal Flora
Probiotic Blend in a Whole Food Base
1 Billion Organisms, includes Soil Organisms
No Refrigeration Necessary

NOW Probiotic Defense is a combination of "friendly" probiotic bacteria, including ones commonly found as soil organisms, blended into a fermented whole food base. NOW Probiotic Defense contains 13 active bacterial strains and has been designed to support gastrointestinal health and immune system function. FOS is also included in this product to assist healthy growth of Acidophilus and Bifidus organisms. NOW Probiotic Defense is stable at room temperature, requiring no refrigeration.

I would say with 3 billion per capsule your brand is much more intense. I don't have a yogurt maker but I'm considering getting one so that I can make my own yogurt. I have a friend who has one and she makes yogurt all the time, loves it. I need to decide though if I will use it enough to justify the purchase when I already have so many kitchen gadgets.

rosethorns 02-18-2012 12:28 PM

I think they are under $20.00.
I got mine from an estate sale brand new in a box still stapled for $3.. I love it. I've always made mine homemade when I did dairy.

Now to be able to to dairy free is great.
I just made a yogurt shake. Blackberries, 1 jar yogurt, almond milk. It's delish.

Tweaker Geek 02-18-2012 05:55 PM

I have my eye on one for around $24.00, I am seriously considering it.

rosethorns 03-23-2012 06:09 PM

Buy it Tweaker , you'll be so glad you did.