Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
A long time ago, someone posted that they chopped up the noodles for rice. I don't recall who, but it's worth a try.
Nigel is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sligh
Stats: 190/118/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2003
The texture of the rice is different from the noodles and it's the texture I like so much better. But the recipes would probably taste the same. Hope that helps.
sligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole

I am so hooked on Miracle Rice. To me, the texture is everything great that the noodles were not. I finally got a new shipment of the rice and here is what I made for lunch. It is excellent and I am sure I will make it often. The sauce was a little watery, so it could use a tweak - maybe just less chicken broth, so I will try that the next time. Anyway, it tasted great.

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
½ cup chicken broth*
1 package Miracle Rice
1 small onion halved and then sliced thinly
1 cup chopped mushrooms
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup parmesan, grated

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Sauté onions in the olive oil in a medium hot skillet until soft. Add shredded chicken and mix. Add butter, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is fully incorporated. Add chicken stock and mushrooms and mix thoroughly.

Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Add sour cream and rice, mixing fully.

Place in greased baking dish and sprinkle top with parmesan.

Bake for 20 minutes

*Next time I will try using ¼ cup chicken broth to see if it makes the sauce less watery.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligh View Post
I am so hooked on Miracle Rice. To me, the texture is everything great that the noodles were not. I finally got a new shipment of the rice and here is what I made for lunch. It is excellent and I am sure I will make it often. The sauce was a little watery, so it could use a tweak - maybe just less chicken broth, so I will try that the next time. Anyway, it tasted great.

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
½ cup chicken broth*
1 package Miracle Rice
1 small onion halved and then sliced thinly
1 cup chopped mushrooms
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup parmesan, grated

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Sauté onions in the olive oil in a medium hot skillet until soft. Add shredded chicken and mix. Add butter, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is fully incorporated. Add chicken stock and mushrooms and mix thoroughly.

Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Add sour cream and rice, mixing fully.

Place in greased baking dish and sprinkle top with parmesan.

Bake for 20 minutes

*Next time I will try using ¼ cup chicken broth to see if it makes the sauce less watery.

This sounds really good. Do you have an estimate of how many servings this made?
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

It made four lunch servings for me. I liked it so much I'm going to make it again tomorrow and freeze them in individual containers.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It made four lunch servings for me. I liked it so much I'm going to make it again tomorrow and freeze them in individual containers.
Thanks and sorry to be annoying but does anyone have a carb breakdown of this? And I just searched and found out that the rice can be purchased on Netrition! Not only that, you don't have to purchase a whole case, you purchase by the bag.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
I don't think I would freeze the Miracle Rice. I'm one that freezes everything even when recipes say not to, but I tried freezing miracle noodles one time and they become inedible. They dry up and shrivel.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Tilly - sorry I can't help you with the carb breakdown, but it has to be pretty low.

MsWoods - thanks for the tip on not freezing. Maybe I'll try one serving and see what happens.

Instead of repeating the chicken and rice casserole, I'm going to try Linda Sue's Jambalaya tonight for dinner. Will report back.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JustPeachy
Stats: 242/216/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov. 2011
I'm just curious, does the rice (already cooked in a recipe) do OK when it's leftover and reheated like in the microwave?
JustPeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Peachy-yes re-heating is good, freezing doesn't work.

So yeah, made spanish rice w/ground chicken tonight. Lordy it was good. Just 1lb ground chicken, 2 bags rinsed miracle rice, garlic, salt, pepper, spanish seasoning, and 1/2 cup Las Palmas enchilada sauce. So so good.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

I saw Linda Sue's recipe for Easy Jambalaya and thought it would be a good candidate for Miracle Rice. It was fabulous. I actually ended up simmering it for about an hour and the rice held up perfectly. I've never had jambalaya before - with rice or caulirice, so I can't compare, but this was really tasty. DH, who hates anything that looks like a casserole, had a bite and asked if we could have the leftovers tonight. Good thing because it makes a LOT. Also, I'm allergic to shellfish, but I think this would be great with some shrimp tossed in.

I changed Linda Sue's recipe to fit what I had, so here is the end result.

Easy Jambalaya

2 packages Miracle Rice
2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into half moons
8 ounces ham, cubed
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
8 ounce can tomato sauce
3 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking oil

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in an 8-quart pot. Sauté the celery, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, and cajun seasoning on medium-high heat until the onions are soft. Add the chicken, sausage, ham, and Miracle Rice. Mix well. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, turn down to low. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Makes about 8 servings.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Well I think I'm ready to start buying Miracle Rice by the case. Everything I've tried is great. This latest recipe was inspired by Linda Sue's Chinese Fried Rice. Hers is made with cauli-rice and has wonderful flavor, but I like the texture of the Miracle Rice better. I made a few other changes and here is the end result. I made this one with pork, but it would also be great with shrimp, chicken, or beef. Next up is either MsWoods Spanish Rice or Linda Sue's Mexican Rice.

Pork Fried Rice

1 package Miracle Rice
1 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
2 green onions, sliced
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
1 ½ teaspoon ginger, freshly ground
2 tablespoons soy sauce
8 oz. ham steak, cubed
2 eggs, beaten

I prefer little strips of egg for fried rice, so instead of scrambling them, I lightly beat the eggs and pour them into an 8” hot skillet with enough oil or butter to keep it from sticking. Cook the eggs without stirring, so it lays flat, then flip it just once. Let it cool slightly, then roll the egg up and slice it into strips. Set aside.

In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil. Then quickly stir-fry the green onions and the garlic for about 2 minutes, watching closely so it does not burn. Add remaining ingredients and stir until somewhat browned and flavors are fully combined.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #43
mre
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mre
Bubble Tea

I often use Miracle Rice for tapioca pearls in boba (bubble) tea. I just rinse them well and add to whatever flavor I made; green tea, thai tea, etc. For sweetener, I use stevia and use either heavy cream or almond milk for the milk.
mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Oh, all these recipes sound great! I love the Miracle Rice too, and I was one who had a really difficult time with the noodles.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: island girl2
Stats: 225/196.2/150
WOE: starting juddd
Start Date: March 2010/restart sept. 2012/hcg apr 13
Does anyone know where to buy Miracle rice in Edmonton
island girl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Oh, all these recipes sound great! I love the Miracle Rice too, and I was one who had a really difficult time with the noodles.
ditto! noodles rice
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/150.9/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
I just found some! I am so excited to try it and will report back.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #48
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Sligh: I'm making the fried rice for sure..I have some chicken I can use..

Do you "dry" the rice after rinsing it?

Last edited by CarolynF; 03-12-2012 at 10:06 AM..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Carolyn - the first time I used the rice, I put it in a medium hot skillet for a couple minutes to dry it out, but since then, I just rinse it really well, let it drain a bit in the colander and add it to whatever I'm making. I can't tell the difference. I hope you love the fried rice.

The night we got home from vacation, DH wanted to know if I had the ingredients to make that fried rice stuff again. That's a recommendation for sure.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/150.9/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Mmmm. Yum. I think this would make a killer "risotto", and easy, because you wouldn't have to cook it long.

Tonight I used two bags of rice, chopped up four chicken breasts and browned, cut and steamed a couple cups of broccoli and asparagus, and made a low carb/cal cheese sauce out of Velveeta and olive oil mayo (dont judge- I <3 Velveeta. If you don't like it, sub your own kind of cheese sauce or alfredo)

Stirred together and seasoned. Absolutely delish! I cannot wait to try many other recipes with these!
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
Mmmm. Yum. I think this would make a killer "risotto", and easy, because you wouldn't have to cook it long.

Tonight I used two bags of rice, chopped up four chicken breasts and browned, cut and steamed a couple cups of broccoli and asparagus, and made a low carb/cal cheese sauce out of Velveeta and olive oil mayo (dont judge- I <3 Velveeta. If you don't like it, sub your own kind of cheese sauce or alfredo)

Stirred together and seasoned. Absolutely delish! I cannot wait to try many other recipes with these!
Nay sayers of velveta come from hell lol. Its awesome. People say you have to grow up with it to like it. Its a bit carby but I use it occasionally.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well I think I'm ready to start buying Miracle Rice by the case. Everything I've tried is great. This latest recipe was inspired by Linda Sue's Chinese Fried Rice. Hers is made with cauli-rice and has wonderful flavor, but I like the texture of the Miracle Rice better. I made a few other changes and here is the end result. I made this one with pork, but it would also be great with shrimp, chicken, or beef. Next up is either MsWoods Spanish Rice or Linda Sue's Mexican Rice.

Pork Fried Rice

1 package Miracle Rice
2 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
8 oz. ham steak, cubed
2 eggs, beaten

I prefer little strips of egg for fried rice, so instead of scrambling them, I lightly beat the eggs and pour them into an 8” hot skillet with enough oil or butter to keep it from sticking. Cook the eggs without stirring, so it lays flat, then flip it just once. Let it cool slightly, then roll the egg up and slice it into strips. Set aside.

In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil. Then quickly stir-fry the green onions and the garlic for about 2 minutes, watching closely so it does not burn. Add remaining ingredients and stir until somewhat browned and flavors are fully combined.
This was great. I just had it for lunch. I used some precooked and shelled shrimp from Traders Joes that I let thaw overnight in the frig. I did not precook the eggs. I like to throw everything into one skillet. Bought the presliced green scallions from Wal Mart and tossed a few of those in (yes, lazy here). Everything else pretty much the same. I did try heating the "rice" in the microwave, didn't like it the other night just out of the package,too cool. It only took 30 seconds, then tossed that into the skillet with the rest. Wow, thank you for this!!! (p.s. the TJ's precooked, shelled frozen shrimp was the same per pound as what I usually purchase at a local grocery uncooked and shell-on shrimp.) Now on to a chocolate frosting for a bit of LC cake. I am a happy camper!!!!

Last edited by Tilly; 03-13-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Tilly, so glad you liked the fried rice. I could eat it every day.

I tried Linda Sue's Mexican Rice made with the Miracle Rice today. I added 2 cups of shredded chicken and a little extra salsa to cover the chicken, but didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It was a little too bland, but I think it would be awesome with a pound of ground beef instead of the shredded chicken.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
........... and made a low carb/cal cheese sauce out of Velveeta and olive oil mayo (dont judge- I <3 Velveeta. If you don't like it, sub your own kind of cheese sauce or alfredo)..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Nay sayers of velveta come from hell lol. Its awesome. People say you have to grow up with it to like it. Its a bit carby but I use it occasionally.
I love Velveeta (I grew up with it), but rarely even buy it anymore because it is so carby. Velveeta used to be my "gourmet" cheese! I knew 2 kinds of cheese, American sliced & Velveeta! Mostly Velveeta! Oh, I knew cheddar too, but back when I was a kid I didn't like "that rat cheese"!!! I grew to like it (not love it) later as a grown up.
I would eat more Velveeta now if it were lower in carbs.

Quote:

Pork Fried Rice

1 package Miracle Rice
2 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
8 oz. ham steak, cubed
2 eggs, beaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
This was great. I just had it for lunch. I used some precooked and shelled shrimp from Traders Joes that I let thaw overnight in the frig. I did not precook the eggs. I like to throw everything into one skillet. Bought the presliced green scallions from Wal Mart and tossed a few of those in (yes, lazy here). Everything else pretty much the same. I did try heating the "rice" in the microwave, didn't like it the other night just out of the package,too cool. It only took 30 seconds, then tossed that into the skillet with the rest. Wow, thank you for this!!! (p.s. the TJ's precooked, shelled frozen shrimp was the same per pound as what I usually purchase at a local grocery uncooked and shell-on shrimp.) Now on to a chocolate frosting for a bit of LC cake. I am a happy camper!!!!
OK, I used the above (later 2) recipes as a base, and made my own changes today.
I used canned chicken chunks (usually keep some on hand). I added Brussels sprouts quartered (I know odd, but I happened to have some, and decided to try those) and nuked for abt 7 minutes. Chopped red bell peppers, & a couple green onions & the Miracle Rice. I sautéd them in a little coconut oil. When almost done, I added some sesame oil & Mushroom soy sauce. Then stirred in 2 beaten eggs. (Like Tilly, I didn't cook my eggs first.) Oh, and sprinkled with a little creole seasoning salt, ad about 1/2 - 1 tsp chopped garlic (from a jar).
I wasn't too sure about the brusssels sprouts, but they were good in it!
This made a lot, but I ate half or more for lunch/dinner!

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
!
This made a lot, but I ate half or more for lunch/dinner!
Okay I will confess, I ate the whole pan for lunch. I hope sligh does not post how many servings this is supposed to be (if it is more than one ). Yes, I was stuffed and yes I still made the chocolate frosting and had it over my slightly dry cake, which made it oh so much better. Then I read a good book (my children are back in school from spring break ). Ahhhhh. If it were the weekend I would have added a glass of wine, but then I would have been TOTALLY useless for the rest of the day, hmmmm, right now only partially useless? Anyway, love different things I can quickly fix for lunch AND recipes that I like enough to make again. Went and ordered more of the low sodium soy sauce I love.

Thank you all for sharing! The rice has a funky smell when you first open the bag but it seems to go away when you rinse it. And liked finding out that I can nuke it for a few seconds to warm it up. I can see having it warmed up with some cheese on top and maybe any kind of protein mixed in, or in soup.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Dont worry tilly, I eat 2-3 bags of rice a day lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Dont worry tilly, I eat 2-3 bags of rice a day lol.

One reason I can stick to this WOE is I don't miss potatoes, rice, and pasta. But it is nice to have once in awhile, so this Miracle Rice is just right. Hope it lasts a long time. I bought a LOT of it and am storing it in my extra frig. Don't even have to cook it, open the bag, rinse, and viola, eat.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
The rice has a funky smell when you first open the bag but it seems to go away when you rinse it. And liked finding out that I can nuke it for a few seconds to warm it up. I can see having it warmed up with some cheese on top and maybe any kind of protein mixed in, or in soup.
I think I've posted this before but I squirt a little lemon juice into the rinse water and the smell is gone immediately.

Edited to add: OT but I thought I uploaded a picture last night but I haven't seen it yet.... Can somebody advise, so I can check what I did?

Edit 2: Okay now I see it underneath....What do I need to do to put it on the left side? pls/thx

Edit 3: Nevermind, I got it. =}

Last edited by pendragginp; 03-17-2012 at 09:24 AM..
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Keto Rice Pudding

Apparently this should be attributed to SinOrSlim.
MSBONES posted asking about sweetener subs for this recipe. I thought it sounded like it would be a good recipe for this thread, and "googled" it. (Actually I use GoodSearch.) I found several references to it.

Keto Rice Pudding

Cheers to the new year! Now it’s time to get back on track and get that body you’ve always wanted for 2012! I chose rice pudding as the first recipe of this new year to ease everyone back into the swing of low carb and keto cooking! This dish uses Miracle Rice from the Miracle Noodle line as a low carb substitute for the high carb and sugary traditional rice pudding. The miracle noodle product line is absolutely amazing and the best way to still have your favorite pastas and rice dishes without impacting your blood sugar and gaining weight. Miracle Rice is made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch. The product has also shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, constipation, obesity, and cholesterol! (SinOrSlim)

Ingredients: Makes 6 Servings

3 Eggs
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
3/4 Cup Water
1 Package Miracle Rice
6 Packets PureVia
2 tsp Vanilla Extract (No high fructose corn syrup!)
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine eggs, cream, water, vanilla and cinnamon in a food processor
3. Mix in drained Miracle Rice and pour into 6 custard cups.
4. Sprinkle one packet of PureVia and additional cinnamon on each custard
5. Place in a baking pan and pour hot water into the pan so it reaches 1 inch up the sides of custard cups.
6. Bake for 35 min and then set in the fridge for a few hours
7. Eat and enjoy!
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
Start Date: September 2000
This looks so delicious.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote