Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
You must try Bigflopman's breakfast casserole!

I made it this morning and LOVE it!. The cream cheese with the mean and mushrooms reminds me of stroganoff. It is so delicious, it will surely be a staple for me from now on. I don't really like many breakfast foods, but this was good. I used 6 eggs, even though I don't like eggs much. That was just right to hold it all together without it being too eggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflopman View Post
ok here is the one I make all the time and my wife (non LC) and daughter LOVE it as well. I make the whole 9x13 and cut it into 12 small squares and it lasts well in the fridge. I have made it and taken on a weeks vacation and it was a lifesaver! You can make the pieces bigger if you need a larger portion.

-1lb ground beef
-1lb ground sausage (i use HOT)
-1 block cream cheese (8oz?)
-half an onion
-half a green bell pepper
-a carton of fresh mushrooms
-a few eggs (2-8 based on preference)
-shredded cheese (@2-4 cups, again preference)
-Chalula hot sauce (optional of course)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
I chop the veggies and get them sautéing in a large pot/pan in olive or coconut oil. I start with the GBP and onion because I don't like them to be crunchy and they take longer to get soft. After the GBP starts to get soft I throw in both of the meats and get them browned up almost done (toss in a little salt and pepper). Drain grease and return to pan. Put in block of CC over low heat (to help melt) until thoroughly mixed. (This is where you can add some hot sauce of your choice to the mixture if you want. I like mine a little on the spicy side and sometimes I add it here and sometimes I just put it on top after I get a slice from the fridge.) Spread mixture into a well greased 9x13 pan. (for some reason I have not had good luck with PAM, the mixture still sticks to the glass. Butter seems to work better for me, but it is totally up to you.) I evenly spread out the meat mixture but don't pack it down too tight. In a separate bowl I beat up a few eggs (I would say 4 is a safe place to start if you don't like eggs, but I use 6 or 7) and salt and pepper. Pour egg snot over meat mixture and then cover with your favorite shredded cheese. I use the WalMart brand Colby jack mix and probably use about 3-4 cups because I love cheese . Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes, you want to make sure the eggs are cooked, everything else is already done.

The cream cheese is optional but makes it REALLY good and creamy and gets some fat in there. If you have issues with CC stalling then skip this ingredient. It is out of this world right out of the oven. I am going to experiment with adding some bacon this week. This is a very base recipe that you can obviously tweak and add (or subtract) as desired to your tastes. I started with another recipe and kept tweaking until I got here and this is definitely a staple in my diet. I have lost so much weight eating this delicious casserole. Please let me know if this works out for you.
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Thanks for posting this- I am going to try it soon. I like different ideas and concoctions for breakfast.
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dmil
Stats: 330/240/195
WOE: LC 20 to 30 carbs daily
Start Date: June 2011
subbing
Dmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
Congrats Dmil ................. Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brittone2
This has been family favorite for years here. I love this recipe!
brittone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AWEIGHSTOGO
Stats: 318
Start Date: NEW BEGINNING 2014
New to this post. Can not wait to try this recipe. Not too crazy about eggs. How many carbs are in 1/12 slice? Can't be much I hope.
AWEIGHSTOGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
I'm not sure how many carbs, I haven't checked. There's nothing in it we can't have, so I wouldn't worry, especially if you're cutting it into 12 servings!
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nancy E.
Stats: 160/122/115
WOE: Low Carb - my plan - still learning
Start Date: July, 2002
Subbing! Looks wonderful.
Nancy E. is offline   Reply With Quote