Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/134/135, 52 yo
WOE: LCHF Primal
Start Date: 12/02
Marzipan!

I love marzipan at Christmas. Here's a very easy low-carb version:
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup xylitol or erythritol, powdered in a food processer after you measure it
1/2 t or more almond extract (NOT Davincis! I used Watkins)
1/2 t or slightly more water, or else 1 egg white (I used the water just because our chickens didn't lay today)

Powder the erythritol in the food processor. Then add the almond flour and almond extract and continue to process. Drizzle in the water or egg white until it begins to clump together nicely. Check sweetness (I found it a bit too sweet for my taste). Knead or color if you like kneaded, colored marzipan--I prefer it simply formed into little balls with a bit of chocolate ganache over the top.

For a chocolate coating: you can use any chocolate coconut bark that you like. For mine, I processed together: 3 T erithryol, well-powdered, 3 T melted coconut oil, 2 T cocoa powder, 2 T heavy cream (which turns it into a lovely chocolate ganache).

I add 2 T of heavy cream and whirred it in the food processor to form a nice chocolate ganache
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vanessa120
Stats: 189/130 size 2-4 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb Real Food
Start Date: Low Carb Since 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
I love marzipan at Christmas. Here's a very easy low-carb version:
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup xylitol or erythritol, powdered in a food processer after you measure it
1/2 t or more almond extract (NOT Davincis! I used Watkins)
1/2 t or slightly more water, or else 1 egg white (I used the water just because our chickens didn't lay today)

Powder the erythritol in the food processor. Then add the almond flour and almond extract and continue to process. Drizzle in the water or egg white until it begins to clump together nicely. Check sweetness (I found it a bit too sweet for my taste). Knead or color if you like kneaded, colored marzipan--I prefer it simply formed into little balls with a bit of chocolate ganache over the top.

For a chocolate coating: you can use any chocolate coconut bark that you like. For mine, I processed together: 3 T erithryol, well-powdered, 3 T melted coconut oil, 2 T cocoa powder, 2 T heavy cream (which turns it into a lovely chocolate ganache).

I add 2 T of heavy cream and whirred it in the food processor to form a nice chocolate ganache
What a easy recipe and perfect for the holidays! Can't say I've ever had marzipan before. I might have to give this a try. Thanks!
Vanessa120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
I've never had marzipan!

May give this a try sometime.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote