Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lemonmama
Stats: 5'7" size 14/sz 10-12/sz 6-8
WOE: HHCG, Round 500 (it feels like it anyway)
Start Date: Feb 2011
Does a stevia-only pumpkin cheesecake exist?

I really need a recipe for a pumpkin cheesecake that only contains stevia as the sweetener. I'm making it for a friend who gets migraines from any other sweetener. Of course, it also needs to be low-carb. I will be sooo thankful for any recipes. I've been looking for over an hour with no luck!
lemonmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I just saw this recipe in my meanderings today. It's a crockpot cheesecake from Wellness Mama.
Crock Pot Cheesecake Wellness Mama
Crust

1 cup of toasted almonds (unsalted) or pecans ground to a meal
2 TBSP coconut oil (or butter)
1 egg
stevia to taste (optional)
Filling
2 packages of cream cheese (16 ounces total)
2 eggs
1 tsp. stevia or powdered stevia
1 tsp. vanilla
4 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 Tablespoon coconut flour
Mix toasted almonds/pecans with coconut oil, egg and stevia (if using) and press into the bottom of a pan that will fit in your crock pot with a little room on each side. Mix filling ingredients and blend well with blender or immersion blender. Taste to make sure it is sweetened to taste. Pour over crust in your dish. Put about 1 cup of water in the bottom of your crock pot. Slowly and carefully place the dish with the cheesecake into the crock pot, making sure not to get water in it. Put lid on. Turn crock pot on high and cook about 2 hours (check every hour or so to make sure there is still water in it).Done when middle is set and top barely starts to crack. Turn off heat and leave in crock pot until cooled. Chill in fridge for a few hours before serving.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Heheher
Stats: 142.8/110/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/18/11
I have the same problems with other sweeteners. I always just sub stevia for whatever the recipe calls for. I mix everything together except the eggs and then taste it to see if it's sweet enough. I always make it a tad too sweet because I have to add the eggs and then baking it takes out some of the sweeteness. So, you can use any recipe you like but sweeten with stevia.
Heheher is online now   Reply With Quote