Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I do hope you like this one, Melanie. It bakes up consistently well and it's still probably my favorite LC bread. But I'm trying hard to avoid Carbquick (wheat) now, sigh, so I'm making other bread recipes that use whey protein and minimal flax instead.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stickergoddess
Stats: 182/154/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart 11/03/2012
I wanted to report back that i made it and served it with Christmas dinner- everyone loved it! I am going to make it again and this time go heavy on the garlic and Parmesan and serve it with spaghetti. Again- thank you for the recipe and thank you Jennifer for the recipe for your bake mix. I have been using the bake mix in a lot of recipes now and really love it.
stickergoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stickergoddess
Stats: 182/154/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart 11/03/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
I do hope you like this one, Melanie. It bakes up consistently well and it's still probably my favorite LC bread. But I'm trying hard to avoid Carbquick (wheat) now, sigh, so I'm making other bread recipes that use whey protein and minimal flax instead.
Buttoni- your website is great! I just subscribed. And your weight-loss journey is inspirational! Many years ago i low carbed and it was my way of life for many years- then i had a baby in my 40's and left low carbing-- but after a 5 year break (and 50 pound weight gain) i am back and feeling great! Now a days there seems to be so many wonderful blog sites full of great low carb recipes- and healthy lower fat low carb ones too. It is not like 10 years ago when we ate meat and salads and cream cheese everyday- in fact since we have started back to low carbing we have not had a salad yet-- there are too many great low carb recipes that i keep trying. I restarted 11/03/2011 and have lost 25 pounds eating delicious recipes and desert EVERYNIGHT!

Proud Mom of 3 beautiful girls.
stickergoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW! 25! just since November! That's fantastic! Keep up the good work, Melanie.

Glad you like the site and hope you'll enjoy the recipes. And you're right,, there ARE a lot of great low-carb sites out there now. This is the time of year I get real busy helping do Mom's income taxes with my brother (Mom has cognitive impairment) as well as taxes for her Trusts, so the recipe postings won't be quite as frequent as they will after February/March. But I try to post a couple new things each week so my readers don't get bored. So I hope you'll visit often!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mirinblue
Stats: 248/189/160
WOE: Atkins/hCg/JUDD
Great recipe, Peggy. Easy to make, easy to bake, easy to cut into halves, holds up as bun for goopy burgers, toasts well for butter and SF jam, makes good sandwiches! (I bet would make good French Toast, too) Will be my go-to "bread" item from now on and believe me...I've made em all!

Edit to add...I made it with all 1 1/2 cups of Jens gluten free bake mix (no carbquick) and no italian seasoning as I wanted to use in a variety of ways

Last edited by mirinblue; 01-07-2013 at 11:59 AM..
mirinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melanie, I'm glad your Christmas guests liked this bread as much as you do. It's real good, I think. I'm eliminating all grain now, so I haven't made this in awhile. It used to be my go-to bread, but I've had to switch gears since going Primal. I'm mostly doing my Peggy's Individual White Bread (whey protein & chia gel) or my Peggy's Individual Chia Bread (flax, whey protein & chia gel). Both are pretty good and quite filling.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mirinblue
Stats: 248/189/160
WOE: Atkins/hCg/JUDD
I make this often, it's my favorite easy bread recipe..thanks Peggy
mirinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you like this Gina. I made it dozens of times over the last couple years. Definitely a tasty, versatile bread.