Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Hamburger Buns (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/737845-hamburger-buns.html)

Widget 09-29-2011 02:25 PM

Hamburger Buns

I've asked at 2 different places on the forum, and no one seems to be able to tell me how to post a recipe in the recipe room, so I guess I'll post it here.
---------------
I grind my own almonds and grind the pork rinds in this recipe using the same method so that the buns won't end up being grainy. I put them throuh the food processor, then measure them, then run them through the coffee grinder.

Hamburger Buns (makes 6)

muffin top pan, lightly oiled
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 pkt. Splenda (optional)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pork rinds, ground fine

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, use a fork to beat together the eggs, Splenda, baking soda and mayonnaise.
Stir in the almond flour and pork rinds. Spoon the mixture evenly into the wells of the pan.
Bake 12 minutes.
Remove from pan immediately and let cool.

Can be cut in half with a serrated knife, or use 2 to make a bun.
Can be frozen. I use Ziploc bags and pump out the air.

rosethorns 09-29-2011 04:51 PM

I'm very happy that you put it here first. Thanks.

I can eat everything in your recipe. It sounds wonderful.

Mobear 09-29-2011 05:12 PM

Recipe room

Its fine that you put your recipe here! Most of us look through this part of the forum everyday.

The Recipe Room is sort of difficult to navigate. Click on the link for Recipes near the top of this page.

When you get to the Recipe Room you must log in (even though you may be logged into LCF. After you login to the Recipe Room you will see a blue banner across the page near the top. Look along the banner and you will see "upload product". After you click on that upload product a form will appear for you to use for your recipe. I think its very cumbersome but some people still post there.

When you come back to LCF you will have to login again (at least I did).

I'll try to post a link so you can see what the page should look like with the blue banner. Don't know if it will work.

Main Index - LowCarbFriends Recipes

Truffles 09-29-2011 05:24 PM

looks like a winner to me!

Thanks for sharing!

CarolynF 09-29-2011 05:51 PM

Widget...Post your recipes here..This is where most of us hang out..:)

Charski 09-30-2011 08:42 AM

I never bother with the Recipe Room - I have not had great luck finding things in there!

So count me as another glad that you posted it in this forum instead! Thanks!

jenna... 09-30-2011 10:18 AM

Thanks! Looks good. Do you have pictures on how they look when done?

This is my hangout. I check this room twice a day and subscribe to all my favorites so I get notified when they update. :) Welcome!

Iwantlessofme 09-30-2011 01:36 PM

Yep, another vote for posting it here!

Mindy

Widget 09-30-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenna... (Post 15048850)
Thanks! Looks good. Do you have pictures on how they look when done?

This is my hangout. I check this room twice a day and subscribe to all my favorites so I get notified when they update. :) Welcome!

Sorry, no picture. I'll take one next time I make them. The reason I 'invented' them is I'm not too fond of oopsies, and the LC hamburger bun recipes I have found online either didn't taste that good or weren't much like bread, so I kept playing around until I came up with this.

Thanks for the welcome.

jenna... 09-30-2011 03:12 PM

Thanks! I will be trying your invention. :) I make Oopsies every week for the DH's lunches. I'm going to love trying these out.

Tilly 10-01-2011 05:15 PM

Does someone have a carb count for these ? :dunno:

rosethorns 10-02-2011 04:06 PM

I made these today . They are in the oven.

jigglenomore 10-02-2011 06:11 PM

Can't wait to see how these taste! I spent the day making 4 different batches of "bread" subs in a muffin top pan, to pick a favorite - and hope these taste great, too!

Nigel 10-02-2011 06:19 PM

Is there something I can substitute for the pork rinds in this recipe?

Widget 10-02-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 15053854)
Is there something I can substitute for the pork rinds in this recipe?

You can substitute almond flour, but I think it tastes better with pork rinds and is a little lower carb.

Widget 10-02-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 15053601)
I made these today . They are in the oven.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglenomore (Post 15053839)
Can't wait to see how these taste! I spent the day making 4 different batches of "bread" subs in a muffin top pan, to pick a favorite - and hope these taste great, too!

What is the verdict?

rosethorns 10-02-2011 07:34 PM

You have a winner here widget. I'm so allergic to grains that I try to eat what I can handle. I love these buns. I like the Oopsies but I got burned out.

They have a great taste. Thank you for the recipe. I'm thrilled.

Widget 10-02-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 15053962)
You have a winner here widget. I'm so allergic to grains that I try to eat what I can handle. I love these buns. I like the Oopsies but I got burned out.

They have a great taste. Thank you for the recipe. I'm thrilled.

That's music to my ears. Thanks.

theredhead 10-03-2011 07:18 AM

I'm not fond of flax, and I don't care for the "eggy" breads, so I was really happy when this turned out great! Thanks for a really good recipe! Now, I'd like to try to figure out a way to make a bigger batch in loaf form. Has anyone tried it?

millergirl1976 10-03-2011 12:04 PM

This is going to sound like a strange question, but is there any texture of the pork rind in the bun? I like the flavor of pork rinds, but the way they stick to the inside of my mouth I do not really like.

Widget 10-03-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millergirl1976 (Post 15055706)
is there any texture of the pork rind in the bun?

No, because you grind them fine in a coffee grinder. And because of that, the pork rinds aren't grainy like almond flour/meal. You won't even know they are there.

Nigel 10-03-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 15053874)
You can substitute almond flour, but I think it tastes better with pork rinds and is a little lower carb.

Thank you.

Truffles 10-03-2011 01:53 PM

Did anyone get a carb count on these??

Jigglenomore- what other ones did you try and what is the outcome? Can you message me?

rosethorns 10-03-2011 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a picture of these wonderful buns.

Attachment 40629

jenna... 10-03-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 15056118)
I took a picture of these wonderful buns.

Attachment 40629

Looks wonderful!!!

I was concerned with the calorie count. Is this 2 Buns cut in half?

Widget 10-03-2011 06:02 PM

There are 2 full buns laying in the back. The bun in front is cut in half.

And thank you so much, rosethorns, for posting the picture. :goodpost:

rosethorns 10-03-2011 06:21 PM

Yes what she ^^^^^^^^ says.

Your very Welcome.

Widget 10-03-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobear (Post 15047169)
Its fine that you put your recipe here! Most of us look through this part of the forum everyday.

The Recipe Room is sort of difficult to navigate. Click on the link for Recipes near the top of this page.

When you get to the Recipe Room you must log in (even though you may be logged into LCF. After you login to the Recipe Room you will see a blue banner across the page near the top. Look along the banner and you will see "upload product". After you click on that upload product a form will appear for you to use for your recipe. I think its very cumbersome but some people still post there.

When you come back to LCF you will have to login again (at least I did).

I'll try to post a link so you can see what the page should look like with the blue banner. Don't know if it will work.

Main Index - LowCarbFriends Recipes

Thank you for taking the time to explain all this to me. At least now I know how to do it if I want to post there next time, but it is a little complicated, easier to post here.

Charski 10-03-2011 07:20 PM

I think, too, the nice thing about posting HERE is that is spawns so many great ideas and tweaks - the Recipe Room you can make comments, but it's not nearly so dynamic as this is here.

And, things here get bumped back up every now and then - it's fun to revisit old threads and recipes!

Widget 10-03-2011 09:42 PM

I have a couple of questions. I guess posting them here is as good a place as any.

On another forum, someone posted a low carb cracker recipe that you should know about. Is it OK to post a link to it, or is it against the rules?

My other question is, does anyone know if someone has posted a low carb cracker recipe on this forum that actually tastes like a cracker and is crispy like a cracker? If so, does the recipe contain phyllium husks? I'm asking all this because I don't want to post a recipe that has already been posted. This recipe came from Norway.