Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Raqoon
Stats: 318/296 /I'll know when I get there
WOE: Primal Low Carb
Start Date: Dec 13, 2011
Hmm, I tried to post a photo of my bread, but it's not working.. Any techies out there? I uploaded the pic to Picasaweb, clicked the insert image icon in the reply window, pasted the URL (which showed up in my original post). But when I click submit, nothing shows..

UPDATE:
I switched to photobucket, and it uploaded well, although quite a large file size.. if anyone knows how to reduce that, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks

Last edited by Raqoon; 01-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: trying to paste image
Raqoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raqoon View Post
Hey All,

I just made my own batch with the garlic/onion powder tweak, and this is how they came out. I sliced one in half to show the texture inside. I ate a nibble - and they're very bready and sturdy. I do taste the pork rind slightly, but that's probably because I don't have a coffee grinder and so could not run them to a finer consistency. The final test will be when I make a burger and see how it holds up. Thanks for your innovation, Widget!
- RaQoon

They hold up very well to a sloppy hamburger complete with ketchup or anything else you put on it. I will have to do that next time, grind them finer. I had not thought of that, I too tasted a bit of pork rind flavor, thanks for the suggestion. I crushed a whole bag and have it in the freezer for the next time I make them (tripled the recipe last time so still have leftovers) but as I take out what I need, I will give it a whirl in the coffee grinder.
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Widget
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raqoon View Post
I do taste the pork rind slightly, but that's probably because I don't have a coffee grinder and so could not run them to a finer consistency.
If you run them through a coffee grinder, they will also have a finer texture.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
Those look good
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diwitch
Stats: 140/140/140
WOE: Mine
Start Date: Jan, 2009
These look great, I am going to have to try them, my muffin top pan should be here (finally, lol) in a few days.

Di
diwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Raqoon, I resize my pics to 40% original using MS Paint before I upload them to Photobucket. Some of my oldest pics were saved at 50% original, but that was a bit too big IMO. In Paint, just click Resize on the toolbar, change horizontal to 40, vertical to 40, click OK, and Save. Then upload the smaller pic to Photobucket. That works pretty well. When I post a URL on the forums here, they're not small, not too big, at least nobody at Admin has asked that I make them smaller (yet).

Last edited by buttoni; 02-11-2012 at 08:09 AM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeloco
Stats: 135/126/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 2011
These hamburger buns are the best LC bread I have made so far. I have made them three times now with 2 pks Splenda, salt, garlic and onion powder tweaks. We have used with loaded cheeseburgers and I have made garlic rolls to go with tomato dishes. Last time I made them I put it all in my Ninja to mix. It changed the shape as they formed a high peak on top. Tasted great still but odd shaped hamburger bun. Lol
Angeloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeloco View Post
These hamburger buns are the best LC bread I have made so far. I have made them three times now with 2 pks Splenda, salt, garlic and onion powder tweaks. We have used with loaded cheeseburgers and I have made garlic rolls to go with tomato dishes. Last time I made them I put it all in my Ninja to mix. It changed the shape as they formed a high peak on top. Tasted great still but odd shaped hamburger bun. Lol
I'm so glad you like them. We use them with burgers and cheeseburgers. I know some people use them for other types of sandwiches, but I don't care for that so much, so I stick with them for a burger bun. Some day I want to try it with sloppy joe, I think they might hold up.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starduster
Stats: start 38/ loss 40/ goal -1.2 under
WOE: Simeon HCGrx injects
Start Date: SMOKEFREE R2P4
This recipe looks great. I love using pork rinds in recipes. So versatile... I do not have a muffin top pan, just standard baking pans and a muffin pan. Any suggestions on an alternate pan? I don't mind if it comes out like bread slices... Also, wondering if anyone has used this as a pizza crust?
Starduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

I guess you could bake it in a pizza pan and cut in squares, if you don't mind square hamburger buns.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widget View Post
Here is something you might want to try. Remember when we use to make those appetizers of sausage and Velveeta on the little round slices of party rye bread? Well, I made this hamburger bun recipe and spooned the batter into greased, standard size muffin cups, but only put in enough batter to cover the bottom of each well. It made 21. I baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and removed them from the pan as soon as they came out of the oven. Because there is baking soda in the recipe, they rose enough for me to cut them in half like a hamburger bun, so I ended up with 42. (If you only want 21 slices, you can half the recipe.) They came out about the same size and thickness as the party rye. I served the sausage/cheese appetizers at a Pinochle party and everyone loved them, I got lots of compliments and people were amazed when I told them the bread was made from ground pork rinds and almonds, and we liked it just as well as the party rye.
Widget - how about adding some caraway seeds to the batter, bet that would make them more like the party rye.

I don't know how I missed this post on the burger buns before but I'll definitely be trying it. BTW, I made your donut recipe and ate one donut every day for breakfast with no adverse affects on weight, thanks for that one! I want to try some of the others too, and I will as time goes by.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Yumm... the caraway seeds sound great. I'm glad you like the donuts and I think you'll like the hamburger buns, too. After much experimenting with the onion and garlic powders and sweetener I found I like the buns best using 2 pkts. Splenda (to me, hamburger buns are supposed to be slightly on the sweet side) I use 1/4 tsp. salt and half teaspoon each onion and garlic powder. Making them this way, I think they make good bread for just about any sandwich.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
I made these and the chocolate muffins tonight. The hamburger buns are still baking and smell amazing. The chocolate muffins have lost one of their number to my tummy already -
pendragginp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Starduster
Stats: start 38/ loss 40/ goal -1.2 under
WOE: Simeon HCGrx injects
Start Date: SMOKEFREE R2P4
Quote:
I guess you could bake it in a pizza pan and cut in squares, if you don't mind square hamburger buns.
Nope! Don't mind at all. In fact it will be good to have sandwich bread. May even convert some to pizza crust.
Thanks for the great share!
Starduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I had one of the chocolate muffins for breakfast, split with whipped cream in the middle, like a whoopie pie. Yum!

For lunch I had one of the hamburger buns split with some leftover lc sloppy joe. Certainly held up fine, these buns are very sturdy. I had one last night after they cooled, split with one half toasted and buttered - (good) - and the other half just plain with butter. Also good. I made them with the extra sweetener and garlic powder - don't care for onion powder much.

I think my new muffin top pan has wells that are a little smaller than my old one had. The next time I make these I may just make circles on parchment paper on a cookie sheet so I can make them a little bigger.

Husband saw the chocolate muffins and wanted one, so I put together a 'whoopie pie' concoction for him too. The verdict - "GOOOOD!"

The gigantic blessing of these muffins and buns is that they are so sturdy, without a lot of work and tiny bits of this and that. We have so many good recipes here, but some of them can't really be whipped up while the oven is heating. Even the Oopsies, which I love for so many sweet and savory variations, are a bit fussier.

So the long and short of it is - THANK YOU!!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I think my new muffin top pan has wells that are a little smaller than my old one had. The next time I make these I may just make circles on parchment paper on a cookie sheet so I can make them a little bigger.
You are most welcome. If you do the parchment paper, you should probably let the batter sit and thicken a few minutes before pouring it onto the paper so hopefully the buns won't come out too thin. I have never tried the paper, I hope it works for you.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Yes, knowing there was pkrd flour I did let it sit and thicken anyway.

Honestly, those chocolate muffins are GOOD. Am I the only one who has tried them? I used Hershey SF syrup with eryth and added a tsp of Hershey Dark cocoa. Mmmm.
pendragginp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
I made the hamburger buns and chocolate muffins today. We really enjoyed the buns with our cheeseburgers and they held together nicely.

The chocolate muffins need more chocolate flavor so I think next time I would add some unsweetened cocoa to the batter. I made a frosting using cream cheese, butter, powdered erythritol, heavy cream and some vanilla pudding for flavor. Then I made them into whoopie pies. They were really good!! Great texture
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
So weird! I just made these buns today. Fantastic! Finally, a bun that is so quick to make, and with ordinary ingredients! Thanks so much - loved it!
at_last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the burger buns and the chocolate muffins that I made into whoopie pies.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
I made the hamburger buns and chocolate muffins today. We really enjoyed the buns with our cheeseburgers and they held together nicely.

The chocolate muffins need more chocolate flavor so I think next time I would add some unsweetened cocoa to the batter. I made a frosting using cream cheese, butter, powdered erythritol, heavy cream and some vanilla pudding for flavor. Then I made them into whoopie pies. They were really good!! Great texture
Can we get a link to the chocolate muffins? They look great!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Here is the link, but I made a mistake in the recipe. Only use 1 teaspoon vanilla in the filling, not 2.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...opie-pies.html
Old 06-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

My son loves the whoopie pies. He can't believe they're low carb and sf.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Quote:
I have a couple of questions. I guess posting them here is as good a place as any.

On another forum, someone posted a low carb cracker recipe that you should know about. Is it OK to post a link to it, or is it against the rules?

My other question is, does anyone know if someone has posted a low carb cracker recipe on this forum that actually tastes like a cracker and is crispy like a cracker? If so, does the recipe contain phyllium husks? I'm asking all this because I don't want to post a recipe that has already been posted. This recipe came from Norway.
You can't post the link, but you can post the recipe and give credit to the author.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Really look good
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Widget

Made one dozen of these burger buns, one half with sesame seeds
on top.

We did big old cheesburgers with a good dressing and the works.
We even sauted onions. Held together beautifully. One thing we
loved about them is that they don't have a huge flavor themselves.
Everything is about the burger and the trimmings. Good job.
Now they are frozen and we can have burgers anytime......
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: becky7474
Stats: 284.5/200/170
WOE: IF, Atkins '72
Start Date: Jan. 2012
I made these today and for the first time in years, I actually picked up my hamburger to eat it....thank you so much!!!!
becky7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 238.2/232.6/150 5'2"
WOE: CAD/IF
Start Date: 10/21/2014
marking my spot!
LucilleMcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sweeteater
WOE: Lower Carb
yum, these look awesome!
Sweeteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Widget

Breakfast sandwiches on your buns. Wonderful!

Buttered the buns and heated them gently in nuker.
Basted the eggs, used thin ham piled up, small slices
of cheese. Back to the nuker for a gentle melting of
the cheese. I had topped the buns with sesame seeds.
The buns are very neutral in flavor and very strong to
hold up a large breakfast sandwich
Thanks.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote