Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   too good to be true (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/728643-too-good-true.html)

michellew67 07-18-2011 12:16 PM

too good to be true

I was looking round the boards and came across these two that caught my eye...

These are recommended for the egg fast diets and they sound too good to be true..

Originally Posted by ladyboss7
Bunny's pudding recipes!

Warm Chocolate Pudding
Put 2 eggs in a blender, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 splenda, 2 tbsp. cocoa and blend. Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp. EVCO in bowl and nuke for 1 minute. Add to egg mixture and blend again for a minute. Transfer to mug/small bowl and nuke for abou 30 seconds, just enough to warm. It is incredible; thick, creamy, warm, just like homemade chocolate pudding right off the stove but better. It's the EVCO that does the trick.

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys
Anyone missing their nice hot frothy cappuccino's? Try this!!

Egg Cream Cappuccino

About 5 oz leftover hot coffee

About a 1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkt Splenda (or equivalent sweetener)
*(or substitute a splash of your fave DaVinci's in place of the vanilla and Splenda packet)
1 or 2 eggs

1 pkt Splenda or small sprinkle from Splenda QuickPack packet

Put coffee in a large mug. Add next 4 ingredients to a blender/Magic Bullet and blend until frothy. (30 sec?) Pour into mug with the coffee. Sprinkle top with last Splenda pkt and slowly stir in.

I made the chocolate pudding one, how many does it serve...just one (me):blush: and are they ok to eat on the egg and meat fast....still not believe they are good enough!!:)

Soobee 07-18-2011 02:11 PM

I would love to hear your results if you try this. I am wary of using only Splenda to sweeten cocoa. I usually find that too bitter. A mix of sweeteners might be a better idea.

fourstubbs 07-18-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellew67 (Post 14837213)
I was looking round the boards and came across these two that caught my eye...

These are recommended for the egg fast diets and they sound too good to be true..

Originally Posted by ladyboss7
Bunny's pudding recipes!

Warm Chocolate Pudding
Put 2 eggs in a blender, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 splenda, 2 tbsp. cocoa and blend. Meanwhile, put 2 tbsp. EVCO in bowl and nuke for 1 minute. Add to egg mixture and blend again for a minute. Transfer to mug/small bowl and nuke for abou 30 seconds, just enough to warm. It is incredible; thick, creamy, warm, just like homemade chocolate pudding right off the stove but better. It's the EVCO that does the trick.

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys
Anyone missing their nice hot frothy cappuccino's? Try this!!

Egg Cream Cappuccino

About 5 oz leftover hot coffee

About a 1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkt Splenda (or equivalent sweetener)
*(or substitute a splash of your fave DaVinci's in place of the vanilla and Splenda packet)
1 or 2 eggs

1 pkt Splenda or small sprinkle from Splenda QuickPack packet

Put coffee in a large mug. Add next 4 ingredients to a blender/Magic Bullet and blend until frothy. (30 sec?) Pour into mug with the coffee. Sprinkle top with last Splenda pkt and slowly stir in.

I made the chocolate pudding one, how many does it serve...just one (me):blush: and are they ok to eat on the egg and meat fast....still not believe they are good enough!!:)

The warm chocolate pudding is really good!! I just made it. It is very filling and just like homemade pudding. :) The only thing I would do differently is cut the cocoa to 1T because mine was a little strong...I used the dutch processed cocoa. Otherwise, this recipe is a keeper...I'd eat it daily no problem. :) Thanks for posting. :)

dianafoot 07-18-2011 08:17 PM

so am I the only person here who doesn't know what EVCO is? Please tell me, this sounds wonderful!

Charski 07-18-2011 08:46 PM

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil! :D

crazywoman-n-wy 07-18-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianafoot (Post 14838688)
so am I the only person here who doesn't know what EVCO is? Please tell me, this sounds wonderful!

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

But whatever coconut oil a person normally uses would be fine.

michellew67 07-19-2011 12:42 AM

yes I made both. I deffo would cut the cocoa down a little, it was very strong in the pudding, and not heat it so long. Also the capuccino asks you to put 1 pkt of splenda, my splenda doesnt come in pkts and guestimated how much I would need....well i put in way too much, so maybe as its a coffee drink i will just put my normal intake in, which is 1 teaspoon, and not 3 that i did put in.

As its morning...I guess a capuccino is in order, anyone for coffee!!

Alyce27 07-28-2011 06:10 PM

Made the pudding tonight. Used 2 Stevia packets instead of Splenda. Needed 3 but the 1 Tbsp of cocoa was right on.

Pretty good considering I was craving and was about to really cheat. It saved me!

Thanks for the recipes.

michellew67 07-30-2011 05:45 AM

so glad i came across these, they are perfect when doing the meat and egg fast, they give you just a little bit more variety...

Ann Lytle 07-30-2011 07:21 AM

I made the chocolate pudding, 30 sec. little microwave oven not sure what the power is. it came out like a muffin with pudding on the bottom. Interesting, didn't taste too bad, not sure what I did wrong.............. Ann

jandjsmom 08-23-2011 07:21 AM

I just had the pudding this morning.......So so good!!
I used 1 T cocoa and 3 packets truvia.
Mine was still soupy but so yummy. Like eating a very thick hot chocolate. I can tell this will be my "go to" when needing something sweet and chocolate!!

Dottie 08-23-2011 11:02 AM

Michelle: 1pkt is equal to the sweetness of 2 teaspoons, if that helps:)

michellew67 08-24-2011 06:22 AM

Dottie...that really does help thanks...I think I put a little too much sweetener in the first time I made this....

Its a cracking recipe especially for a winter night and you need comfort food..

Thanks to the original posters of these recipes..

I LOVE THESE BOARDS

It has totally helped me on my journey...:clap:

sistertzu 08-24-2011 12:27 PM

Thanks for sharing I'm going to try it!

Heheher 09-01-2011 02:28 PM

Question about the pudding.

Anyone else have issues with this coming out hard/dense? I tried last night and it was the concsistency of a stick of COLD butter with a funky texture.

I tried again just now and adjusted the cooking time by only cooking for 10 seconds at a time and stirring in between. After 30 seconds it was still soupy BUT starting to get the hard lumps like last night. It was definitely NOT pudding like. Any suggestions?

michellew67 09-01-2011 02:42 PM

the first time i did the pudding it was similar for me...soupy with a thick layer..I just ate it like that and enjoyed it. Not actually sure how its meant to be..I think the time may have been reduced by 5-10 seconds..I think it all depends on how powerful your microwave is.

fourstubbs 09-01-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heheher (Post 14967461)
Question about the pudding.

Anyone else have issues with this coming out hard/dense? I tried last night and it was the concsistency of a stick of COLD butter with a funky texture.

I tried again just now and adjusted the cooking time by only cooking for 10 seconds at a time and stirring in between. After 30 seconds it was still soupy BUT starting to get the hard lumps like last night. It was definitely NOT pudding like. Any suggestions?

Heheher, if you don't mind raw eggs, just eat it like that once it is all blended up...Maybe that will help. Or maybe add a tad more coconut oil to it and see if that thins it out any for you? I make this a lot...I have not known it to come out stiff like cold butter though. I hope this helps! Oh, maybe instead of the coconut oil you can add a bit of cream to it?

Heheher 09-01-2011 07:05 PM

Is yours pudding like? It was liquid before i nuked it for 30 seconds.

fourstubbs 09-01-2011 07:47 PM

after I blend it, it is smooth like a melted milk shake...I would say add a tiny bit of cream to it, about a tablespoon, before you nuke it and see, (with stirring) if it comes out better.

lc-chica 04-10-2013 08:52 AM

I finally tried the warm chocolate pudding this morning. I have been meaning to try it for months, and decided last night that I would make it this morning.

Well it was super quick. I just used a whisk, which worked fine to get it smooth, but was a little messy (cocoa everywhere lol). Mine turned out clumpy, which tasted fine, but not exactly pudding like. So if I make it again, I think turning the power down on my microwave might work... because after 20 second it started to clump was still very liquidy and I wanted it thicker. So I whisked it, and continued nuking. I think if I cook it slower at lower temp should work.

It tasted fine though, and a decent way to get 2 eggs + 2 tbsp. coconut oil in for breakfast. Not bad!

Deb34 04-18-2013 03:00 PM

:laugh:the clumps are the chocolate scrambled eggs you are making:laugh:

maybe reduce the power and the time in the microwave and heat for only a few seconds at a time to let the eggs thicken but not scramble.

rosethorns 04-18-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb34 (Post 16381395)
:laugh:the clumps are the chocolate scrambled eggs you are making:laugh:

maybe reduce the power and the time in the microwave and heat for only a few seconds at a time to let the eggs thicken but not scramble.

:rofl:

canadiangirl 04-18-2013 05:22 PM

The pudding was yummy! To be honest, it thickened so nice in the magic bullet, and I have no issues consuming raw eggs, I might whip some hwc to fold into it and chill for a bit and skip the whole microwave step.
It was a nice fast treat :)

mollster2 06-28-2013 07:15 PM

Stovetop Version

I was very skeptical about trying this recipe because often I have higher expectations than what I end up with...not the case with this yummy little recipe! I saw in another thread where a poster added in a tbsp of heavy cream and made the pudding on the stovetop so I decided what the heck...I'll give it a go.

After I recovered from spending $12+ dollars on the 15oz of EVCO :eek:, I got to work.

Here's the recipe I used (double batch):
4 Large Eggs
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
6 Packets Splenda (I prefer KAL Stevia but wanted to try the recipe as-is the 1st time)
2 Tbsp Hershey's Cocoa
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Heavy Cream

I threw everything but the EVCO into the blender and blended the heck out of it. I heated the EVCO on the stove until it was melted and then added the contents of the blender and whisked the mixture thoroughly. I kept the flame super low and whisked often until the pudding started to thicken and it got pretty lumpy. I was a little discouraged by the lumpiness but remembered that another brilliant poster talked about throwing the lumpy pudding back in the blender and VOILA...right before my little hazel eyes, chocolate pudding appeared! I let the blender run until every single lump was banished and then I spooned the luscious, thick, chocolatey goodness into a bowl.

Now here's the crazy part...I do NOT like warm pudding, I repeat...I do NOT like warm pudding...however, I was compelled to take a taste just to see if my labor was worth it...3-4 hearty spoonfuls later, I had to pry the spoon out of my hand to keep myself from eating the entire bowl! I put the rest of the pudding in the fridge about an hour ago and I'm looking forward to "testing" it when its cold :)

Thank you Bunny!! You rock!

P.S. The pudding is very filling! I'm still full from the test bites!
P.P.S. This is my very first post...hope I did everything properly.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g2p7Ywll.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2bZMBxfl.jpg[/IMG]

mojave 06-29-2013 12:02 AM

I am making this tomorrow. Thanks for the stove top method, no microwave here.

Dee

watcher513 06-29-2013 02:50 AM

Wow, that looks amazing!

rosethorns 06-29-2013 07:27 AM

OMYGoodness That looks sooooo amazing. I'm so glad you put the pic up.

I will have to try this.

watcher513 06-29-2013 06:00 PM

mollster2, I don't know where you are but if you're in the U.S. and have a Trader Joe's around, their EVCO is around $6 I believe for 16 oz.

shelby'snana 06-29-2013 07:09 PM

subbing ....looks good :)

dianafoot 06-29-2013 07:15 PM

oh, goodness, this looks good. I'm not a huge fan of sweets, but I could go for some warm chocolate pudding. Gonna try this in the morning!

BtW, how many servings does your recipe make?