Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Dukan Diet Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/722811-dukan-diet-recipes.html)

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:10 AM

Dukan Diet Recipes

Okay, I just tweaked a recipe for lunch and it was delicious! So I'm going to go ahead and start a thread for recipes for the Dukan Diet. But the recipes should all be adaptable to any lc plan.

Flatbread

1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. ff ricotta
season salt
italian seasoning

Mix together thoroughly. Cook through on both sides in non-stick skillet. Cool down slightly. Fill with meat and enjoy!!!

---------------------

I used dried beef as my filling and it was delicious!! You can use whatever seasonings you want. You could also add your daily oat bran amount to the recipe.

Toodles!
Lenise

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:16 AM

Here is the original recipe I had from which I got the idea for the flatbread.

Ricotta Pancakes

1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. ff ricotta
1 pkt splenda
1 t. vanilla

Mix together thoroughly. Cook through on both sides in non-stick skillet.

Opt. ideas: add some cinnamon; make a topping with yogurt/cinnamon/vanilla; add your oat bran to the topping or even to the pancake itself.

Toodles!
Lenise

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:26 AM

Following recipes posted by Mimosa23.

Chicken tandoori (I will be making that on my new BBQ when the weather allows)

serves 6

6 chicken breasts
1 cup fat free natural yogurt
2 TB tandoori masala spice mix
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3/4 inch fresh ginger root, crushed
2 green chillies, crushed
lemon juice
salt and pepper

Mix all the ingredients together, except for the chicken.
Make sure all spices and ingredients are totally crushed and that they make a smooth type paste mixture (I use my blender for this).
Score the chicken fillets so that the spice mixture can really get into the meat.
Rub the meat with the mixture and leave to marinate (use up all the mixture, so that the chicken is covered) overnight in the fridge.
Next day, cook the chicken in a moderate oven (200C/400F/gas mark 6) for 20 minutes and then brown under the grill before serving.
- I will try throwing them on my BBQ grill to cook, seems more like how it will taste in a restaurant-

Once in stage 2, you could add some nice grilled asparagus and a dipping sauce of yogurt with garlic and salt and pepper... YUM! Perfect dish for summer!

Sauce Hollandaise

1 egg yolk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 TB lemon juice
2 fl oz warm skimmed milk

Combine the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in a double saucepan over simmering but not boiling water. Let this heat for a few minutes to thicken. Then stirring slowly, add the warm skimmed milk. Let the sauce thicken and keep warm until needed.
You could add herbs, garlic etc for variety.
I find this sauce goes great with fish and veggies like asparagus!

Sauce Ravigote

1 egg, Hardboiled, chopped finely
3 medium sized gherkins, diced finely
1 small onion, chopped finely
2 TB of chives, chopped finely
2 TB of Parsley, chopped finely
2 TB of tarragon, chopped finely
1 cup of natural fat free yogurt
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt

In a glass bowl mix the egg, gherkins, onion and herbs. Add the yogurt, mustard and salt. Goes nicely with anything!!!!!

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:29 AM

Recipes posted by Mimosa23

Dukan Herb Mayonnaise

1 raw egg yolk
1 TB Dijon mustard
3 TB non fat fromage frais or quark (fat free greek style yogurt will be fine too)
1 TB chopped herbs of your choice
salt and black pepper

Put the egg yolk in a mixing bowl and combine with the mustard. Season with salt and pepper and add the herbs. Gradually mix in the fromage frais, quark or greek yogurt, stirring continuously. Mayonnaise must be refrigerated.

Alternative oil-free Mayonnaise

1 hardboiled egg
2 oz non fat fromage frais, quark or greek yogurt
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and black pepper

Crush the hard boiled eggs with a fork and mix into the non fat fromage frais, quark or greek yogurt. Then add the mustard, salt and pepper and herbs or garlic if you wish. Mayonnaise must be refrigerated.

Bearnaise sauce

2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon tarragon, fresh and finely chopped or crushed according to taste
2 egg yolks

Put the vinegar in a bowl in a saucepan over simmering water, then add the chopped shallot and tarragon. Slowly warm over a low heat. Let the vinegar mixture cool a bit, then pour over the two egg yolks, beating well as if making mayonnaise.

Vinaigrette Maya

1 TB Dijon mustard
5 TB balsamic vinegar
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove
7-8 fresh or frozen chopped basil leaves
salt and black pepper

Take an old jar and fil it with all the ingredients, mixing very thouroughly. If you like garlic, leave a clove to marinate in the bottom of the jar.

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:48 AM

posted by Maria40nc

Dukan Oat Bran Galette

1 egg white
2 T oat bran
2 T fat free plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp sweetener (splenda, stevia, etc) for a sweet pancake
or
pepper, herbs, chopped garlic for savory

In a small bowl, beat the egg white until foamy. In a separate bowl, combine the oat bran, Greek yogurt, and sweetener or seasonings. Add the beaten egg white and mix until blended.

Place a small nonstick pan on medium heat. Pour the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for about 5 min, or until the underside is golden brown and the upper side starts to dry. Flip the galette with a spatula and continue cooking the other side for an additional 5 min.

Remove to a plate and allow to cool briefly before serving.

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:49 AM

posted by LindaCat

The recipe I'm using for the pancake is:

1 1/2 Tbsp Oatbran
1 egg white
1 1/2 Tbsp fat free cream cheese
sweeten with splenda and cinnamon

Throw everything in my Magic Bullet and then cook in a pam spray frying pan.

After I cook it I spread 2 Tbsps of sweetened cottage cheese down the middle and fold it like a crepe. ....... So so good!

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:50 AM

posted by LivinLoCarb

We had this slow cooker recipe last night and were really pleased with the fork-tender meat and subtle flavors:

6 lean pork chops, center-cut if possible
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
Garlic powder

- Brown both sides of the pork chops under the broiler.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Put broth and vinegar in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place meat in slow cooker and cook on Low for about 8 hours.

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:52 AM

posted by LindaCat

I just had an awesome late lunch....I feel like licking my plate.

2 egg whites
2 Tblsp fried onions
1 oz. 97% fat free deli ham
3 Tbsp Cottage Cheese (I use freindship 1% it has the least amt of carbs.)

Cracked 2 egg whites into pam spray pan. Sprinkle fried onions around. Cooked until able to flip. While that side was cooking I layed the ham across the egg and fliped over again until I saw the edges of the ham crisping up. I slid this out onto a plate and put 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese into the frying pan, heated until it started bubbling. I scooped the cheese out of the pan and put it onto one half of the egg, flipped the other side of the egg over (omlette style).

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:54 AM

posted by LivinLoCarb

Dukan-friendly Sandwiches! Hot dogs on a Dukan-friendly bun!

This link gives the recipe for Oopsie Rolls(we would use the fat free version of cream cheese):
Your Lighter Side...: Gluten-free, low-carb buns (aka Oopsie rolls)

I used to cook Oopsie Rolls when I was doing Atkins. They're very handy for feeling like a normal person who eats sandwiches and toast.

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 10:58 AM

posted by momtocj7mea

Here is a recipe for yogurt grilled chicken breast that is pretty good, you can completely omit the olive oil or just reduce it to suit your needs. Most of the marinade is not left on the chicken so it probably only adds a negligible amount of fat. You can serve with salsa on the side on cruise days.

Ingredients:
# 1 cup yogurt
# 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
# 2 garlic cloves, chopped
# 1 teaspoon dried basil
# 1 teaspoon dried oregano
# 1 lemon, zested
# 2 teaspoons salt
# 1 teaspoon hot sauce
# 6 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
# Lemon slices, for garnish

Directions:
Mix the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, salt and hot sauce together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat a cast iron grill pan over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or preheat an outdoor grill. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side, until the chicken is firm to the touch. I had some very thick chicken breasts so I had to cook a little longer.

Platter and garnish with lemon slices. Serve warm or at room temperature with salsa on the side if desired.

-------------------

One more recipe for cruise days...I heart spinach and its a very low carb vegetable. This is an Indian recipe I believe.

Spring-Green Saag
(Serves four or two large servings)

* 1 package frozen spinach, thawed (10-12 oz)
* 1 medium onion (160g)
* 2 tsp curry powder
* 2 T minced garlic
* 1/2 tsp salt (or more if desired)
* 1/4 tsp dry ginger (or 1 tsp fresh)
* 1 tsp olive oil (or more if desired)
* 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup yogurt--fat free, of course

Add onion and oil to a hot pan( I just use a little nonstick cooking spray as opposed to the oil OR you can saute your veggies in chicken stock, which actually gives it a little more flavor; you may want to adjust the added salt if you use chicken stock). Sauté 3 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Stir in the garlic, curry, and ginger, and sauté for another minute. Then add your spinach, as well as 2T water. Cook another minute, or until most of the water has absorbed.

Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, as well as 1/4 cup water (or fat-free or non dairy milk). You can also add a little coriander and turmeric, if desired, for more flavor.

Tip: I keep a spray bottle of chicken stock in my fridge and use it when I am sauteeing veggies since it dissipates so quickly in a hot pan.....you can easily spritz more chicken stock as needed for sauteeing.

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 11:02 AM

posted by LindaCat

Baked Turkey Meatballs

Pepper to taste
¼ Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1 Tblsp Dijon Mustard
½ tsp. ea. Oregano, Parsley and Sage
1 Egg
2 Garlic Cloves
4 Tblsp Oat Bran
Olive Oil Spray
24 oz. Ground Turkey.

Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Lightly spray baking pan with olive oil spray, wipe away excess.
Finely dice garlic and grate onion
Sauté garlic and onion (including juices) in a fry pan for 5 minutes to take the rawness out of the onion.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, roll into balls and place in pan.
Bake 40 minutes turning after 20 minutes.

MsWoods 05-26-2011 11:04 AM

I'm not on the Dukan Diet but I really am loving the minimal ingredients and the first flat bread caught my eye.

Subbing!

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 14684185)
I'm not on the Dukan Diet but I really am loving the minimal ingredients and the first flat bread caught my eye.

Subbing!

It was definitely delicious!! Let me know if you try it and what you think!!

toodles!
Lenise

amazinggrace911 05-26-2011 11:43 AM

Here are a few Attack Phase recipes I found online that I haven't tried yet.

Cookie

1/8 t. cinnamon
2 T. oat bran
1 T. skim milk
1 pkt splenda

mix together. Shape into cookie. Microwave on high for 1 minute

Parfait

1 c. nonfat yogurt
1-1/2 T. oat bran
1/8 t. vanilla extract
1 or 2 pkts of splenda

Mix all ingredients.

Cinnamon pancakes

½ t. cinnamon
1 egg
3 T. oat bran
2 T. sweetener
2 T. nonfat vanilla yogurt

Whisk the egg. And then slowly add the yogurt
Stir in the sweetener, cinnamon and oat bran
Cook until are brown.

Muffins

Makes 12, cook at 350 for 15 minutes. I eat 2 and this gives me my daily Oat Bran allowance

3 Eggs
9 T Oat Bran
9 T Fat Free Yogurt
3 T Splenda
3t of Baking Powder
1T Vanilla Extract

mac24312 05-26-2011 02:21 PM

Subbing... :]

LindaCat 05-26-2011 03:54 PM

marking my spot.

graciejean 05-26-2011 04:45 PM

Bumping, sure sounds good

amazinggrace911 05-27-2011 10:31 AM

Trying the cola chicken for the first time. Made some lc ketchup and used cola zero. In the crockpot for the afternoon!! I hope it turns out well. Another good recipe for the ATTACK phase!!

LivinLoCarb 05-27-2011 10:50 AM

The Dukan book just came out in the USA on April 19, 2011, so those of us starting the diet now in the US are on the leading/bleeding edge with few resources in the way of products and cookbooks. Until some enterprising cookbook authors write us some Dukan-dedicated cookbooks, I thought I'd share some titles that I am finding easily adaptable to my Dukan diet. Of course, you've got to read the Dukan book first so that you know which ingredients to ignore or substitute...

Books I own:
  • Six Ingredients Or Less: Low-Carb Cooking by Carlean Johnson. This is my favorite. I love simple!
  • 500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love by Dana Carpender. This one has a few simple recipes, but if you enjoy the more subtle flavors and have time to do some real cooking, I think you will like this.

I'm seriously tempted to buy one or both of these by Dana Carpender, the author of the 2nd book mentioned above. If you own one or both of these, please share your thoughts!
  • 15 Minute Low-Carb Recipes: Instant Recipes for Dinners, Desserts, and More! by Dana Carpender. Just previewing the early pages about stocking the kitchen is very helpful with hints like: put your low-carb thickener in a dedicated salt shaker. Why didn't I think of that?
  • 200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes: Healthy Dinners That Are Ready When You Are! by Dana Carpender. The crock pot is a great friend to the lean meats of the Dukan diet.

amazinggrace911 05-27-2011 11:34 AM

Plus there are so many lc recipes online that can be adapted to Dukan. I'm having a ball checking out ideas I have.

Jilligan 05-27-2011 11:46 AM

bump

ouizoid 05-27-2011 05:19 PM

so low fat lowcarb? my kind of recipes!

JKat 05-27-2011 05:39 PM

I would like to add my dessert at lunch today. It was really filling and I can not give credit to anyone but know I saw some vairation of it on the site

FF ricotta cheese
FF greek yogart
0.25tsp of maple extract
splenda to taste
cinnimon

Just mix all together with a spoon and eat. Really good. Tasted like the inside of a italian canoli..You can use as much or as little cheese and yogart. Enjoy!!

JKat 05-27-2011 05:42 PM

I just wanted to add that I think some of the recipes on the glucomannan recipe thread may work for dukan also.

I am going to make the pudding with almond milk that was posted. Just almond milk...As much glucomannan to make it thick then blend it and pour into cups. splenda to taste.

If anyone is interested I did email the dukan site and almond milk is acceptable as long as its unsweetened and has less than 3gms of fat.

JKat 05-27-2011 05:44 PM

Lenise :clap: thank you for starting the thread!!

LindaCat 05-27-2011 07:16 PM

Resub ing

amazinggrace911 05-27-2011 09:47 PM

You're welcome Jodi!! Hopefully I'll be able to post more over the weekend!!

Goodnight!!

LindaCat 05-28-2011 05:26 AM

This is from Hungry Girl but fits perfect in Cruise.

Unique Greek Turkey Burgers

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 1 patty): 203 calories, 8g fat, 420mg sodium, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 29g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Heads up: If you make these for your next cookout, your patties will be the talk of the neighborhood by sundown. SO GOOD!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp. chopped garlic
4 cups chopped spinach leaves
1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
2 large egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled fat-free feta cheese
Optional: large lettuce leaves, sliced onion, sliced tomato

Directions:
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add onion and garlic and, stirring often, cook until softened, about 4 minutes.

Add spinach to the skillet with onion and garlic. Stirring often, cook until spinach has wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, 3 - 5 minutes.

Remove skillet from heat. Once cool enough to handle, carefully blot away any excess moisture from the onion-spinach mixture with paper towels. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, mix well. Add cooked veggies and feta cheese to the bowl. Using your hands, mix until uniform.

Evenly divide turkey mixture and firmly form into four patties. (Cover and refrigerate if not cooking immediately.)

Bring a grill (or skillet or grill pan) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add patties, cover, and cook for 5 - 8 minutes per side, until cooked through. If using a skillet or grill pan, work in batches, removing skillet or pan from heat between batches to re-spray. (And don't worry if your lid isn't a perfect fit when covering!)

Eat your patties with a knife and fork or, if you like, wrap them up in some lettuce leaves with onion and tomato. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

amazinggrace911 05-28-2011 08:47 AM

Those turkey burgers sound good. Save-A-Lot is having frozen ground turkey on sale now for $1.00 a pound. It's not the best stuff, but I'm going to stock up so I have a cheap meat that I can fix for myself. The family doesn't like it too much, but it'll be good for me on days when they have pasta or something else I can't eat.

dollkey 05-29-2011 08:52 AM

Thanks for this thread!

Any ideas for 4 pounds of chicken breasts for Attack Phase? I was thinking of poaching it with some seasoning/herbs. I plan to eat it a lot and maybe some mackarel and eggs for variety. Gonna start tom! Keep the recipes coming :)