Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sunny7
subbing also, these look so good, a change from oopsies,which I love and are a life saver for me, can't wait to try......
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I've read all the pages and I'm glad I did. Amazing info here . Thanks everybody!

I tried it when Dottie first shared this with us. Thanks
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SalDal99
Stats: 176/171/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 4/8/2013
I made these tonight using half almond flour, half coconut flour and part hwc for the water and a bit of melted butter. OMG! Absolutely delicious!! I pan fried them and the kids ate them with sf jelly. Love this recipe
SalDal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: frogg
Stats: 220/164/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
I tried these today and really enjoyed them! I used dottie's original recipe on page 1 but tried her suggestions of adding 1 tbsp buttermilk (used HWC with a bit of vinegar) and a pinch of baking soda. It was a nice dough consistency. I had them as a breakfast sandwich with eggs and cheese and was delicious. I like coconut flour and have no issue with the flavour but I definitely notice it's a drier flour.

I might have cooked it too long in the microwave as they fell apart a little bit when I ate them. Less cooking time next time. Oh, and I also toasted them a little under the broiler. I was too impatient to wait too long but next time I will butter and grill them like Barbo did.

There's so many interesting tweaks to try, too! I'm ordering some oat bran, will def give that a try. I also want to make the blueberry one that pooticus made. Yum!

P.S. When I typed 'pooticus' the auto-correct changed it to 'poetic' Sounds about right
frogg is offline   Reply With Quote