Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bowfriends
DreAmfields pasta

I love dreamfields pasta! Besides Mac and cheese and spaghetti what other recipes do u use?
bowfriends is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ljguitar
Stats: 350++/under 240/wherever 30 net carbs a day leads
WOE: 30 net carbs a day or less...unclean eating
Start Date: August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfriends View Post
I love dreamfields pasta! Besides Mac and cheese and spaghetti what other recipes do u use?
Hi bf…
Summer's coming - Pasta Salad to take to pot-lucks.

Also, I do tuna casserole, chicken bake (both similar to mac-n-cheese), and we do a grilled chicken-cubed in an alfredo sauce with onions, green-n-red sweet peppers, and mushrooms over either Penne or Linguini.

Lasagna

ljguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I just made my DH's favorite pasta salad - Dreamfields spaghetti, mayo, garlic salt and onion powder to taste, and a handful of frozen green peas (yes, not entirely LC, but we're on maintenance and having a few of these occasionally is not a problem!) - I cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, put the frozen peas in the bottom of a colander, and dump the cooked spaghetti on top, toss to mix the peas in and let drain. Mix in enough mayo to make it moist along with seasonings to taste.

Sorry I don't have exact measurements - his former MIL used to make this for him and he could only give me the vaguest of instructions so it was a "some of this, some of that" deal!

Macaroni salad is great too; and I also will add a handful of the elbows or shells to various soup recipes.
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: locarbman
Stats: 289/180/185
WOE: Atkins/Maintenance
Start Date: September 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfriends View Post
I really like this recipe using 1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate Pasta. Makes ~4 cups cooked, only 32.5 digestable carbs per box. ;-)

Penne Pasta and Garlic Chicken Parmesan
Dreamfields Penne Pasta

1 Box Dreamfields Penne Rigate (32.5 digestable carbs)
½ pkg (2c)Tyson Oven Roasted, Diced, Chicken Breast (7 carbs)
1 can Tomatoes, Hunts Fire Roasted w/garlic diced (10 carbs) [or 1 large tomato, diced]
1 Bell Pepper, Green, large, diced (3.5 carbs)
2 T(hpg) Garlic, minced (5 carbs)
1 ctn (6oz) Parmesan Cheese, shredded (6 carbs)
~½ t Garlic Salt (sprinkled, 0 carbs)

Total Carbs 64. Makes 8 - 1 cup servings at 8 carbs per serving

Cook pasta for 10 minutes. In a non-stick skillet, stir other ingredients with 1 cup Parmesan Cheese and heat until warm , stir in cooked pasta, sprinkle remaining Parmesan Cheese serve with garlic salt…I refrigerate in 4 Good Cook 4.2 cup covered plastic bowls and reheat in the microwave 2 servings at a time. Got the recipe from the cook at Shagnasty's Restaurant...yummy!

locarbman ;-)

Last edited by locarbman; 03-21-2011 at 03:29 PM..
locarbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbman View Post
I really like this recipe using 1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate Pasta. Makes ~4 cups cooked, only 32.5 digestable carbs per box. ;-)

Penne Pasta and Garlic Chicken Parmesan
Dreamfields Penne Pasta

1 Box Dreamfields Penne Rigate (32.5 digestable carbs)
½ pkg (2c)Tyson Oven Roasted, Diced, Chicken Breast (7 carbs)
1 can Tomatoes, Hunts Fire Roasted w/garlic diced (10 carbs) [or 1 large tomato, diced]
1 Bell Pepper, Green, large, diced (3.5 carbs)
2 T(hpg) Garlic, minced (5 carbs)
1 ctn (6oz) Parmesan Cheese, shredded (6 carbs)
~½ t Garlic Salt (sprinkled, 0 carbs)

Total Carbs 64. Makes 8 - 1 cup servings at 8 carbs per serving

Cook pasta for 10 minutes. In a non-stick skillet, stir other ingredients with 1 cup Parmesan Cheese and heat until warm , stir in cooked pasta, sprinkle remaining Parmesan Cheese serve with garlic salt…I refrigerate in 4 Good Cook 4.2 cup covered plastic bowls and reheat in the microwave 2 servings at a time. Got the recipe from the cook at Shagnasty's Restaurant...yummy!

locarbman ;-)

sounds wonderful!
Good to see ya again Locarbman!
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
Sounds delish locarbman, I have everything, except I cooked my own chicken....hope that's acceptable ; 0 ] Going to make it for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe............... Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
I make a pasta salad with the rotini noodles....It's become a favorite of the family for showers, holidays, etc. Cook the noodles per the directions, rinse with cold water to stop further cooking. Let the noodles drain while I cut up fresh broccoli, califlower, cheeses (different kinds, cheddar, fontinella, chunks of parm), yellow pepper rings, grape tomatoes, a can of rinsed kidney beans,(I pick those out but everybody else can have them) and cherry peppers. Make a vinegar and olive oil dressing or use bottled, salt, pepper, one minced garlic clove, parm cheese sprinkled last. Toss and it's a great side dish. You could add in pepperoni slices, salami slices, etc. Hope you try it!

Last edited by That Girl; 03-21-2011 at 07:31 PM..
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ljguitar
Stats: 350++/under 240/wherever 30 net carbs a day leads
WOE: 30 net carbs a day or less...unclean eating
Start Date: August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Lytle View Post
Sounds delish locarbman, I have everything, except I cooked my own chicken....hope that's acceptable ; 0 ] Going to make it for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe............... Ann
Hi Ann…
I use Mesquite charcoal on the BBQ and cover the grill with 8-10 large chicken breasts at a time, which I slow roast. Then we use that meat cubed for our Alfredo with sautéd vegetables.

We actually chill these and then vacuum seal and freeze them for future use.

Since a charcoal BBQ grill stays hot for hours, we first cook a meal, and then roast the chicken breasts, and finish the whole thing off (after the chicken breasts are done) by covering the grill with red peppers (roasted red pepper is awesome).

It's a great way to do Sat lunch, dinner, and ''beyond''.

Depending on the coals, it can be ready to shove the coals to one end, and lower them to the bottom of the grill, add wet wood ''smoke'' chips and smoke a piece of meat to cap off the day.

…The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese…
ljguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: THELOU
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 1998
That Girl, do you have the amounts of the ingredients for your salad, sounds real good but no amounts. thanks
THELOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
That sounds really good Larry. I have a friend that loves to grill, printed this for him to try........... Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyTexun
Stats: 01-03-11 restart 222/212/175
WOE: Just Lo-Carb
Start Date: 01-'03 (again 01-2010, and again 1-'11)
Not just a favorite of mine and my sister but my non-low carbing relatives ask for this one... sorry no measurements, it's sort of toss it all together:

BLT Pasta Salad

Dreamfields macaroni - cooked
Boatload of bacon, cooked and broken into small pieces
diced tomatoes
Mayo (don't go too far with the Mayo, just enough for a little flavor)
Salsa (my favorite is chipolte salsa)

Mix all ingredients, chill and enjoy. I will sometimes add a bit of celery.

I originally got this recipe off the site here, I don't remember who posted it or I would give credit where credit is due.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyjo
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart 8/08
DH makes pasta crab salad with either elbows or rotini noodles, canned drained crab meat, chopped red onion, chopped celery, sf pickle relish, mayo, cider vinegar, black pepper and celery salt. Great summer main dish or side.

christyjo
christyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sonofabeach
Stats: 240/205/185
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart: 08/09
Home-made alfredo sauce with real parmesan cheese, chicken and the spiral noodles because they hold the sauce!
Sonofabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #14
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
I just made my DH's favorite pasta salad - Dreamfields spaghetti, mayo, garlic salt and onion powder to taste, and a handful of frozen green peas (yes, not entirely LC, but we're on maintenance and having a few of these occasionally is not a problem!) - I cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, put the frozen peas in the bottom of a colander, and dump the cooked spaghetti on top, toss to mix the peas in and let drain. Mix in enough mayo to make it moist along with seasonings to taste.

Sorry I don't have exact measurements - his former MIL used to make this for him and he could only give me the vaguest of instructions so it was a "some of this, some of that" deal!

Macaroni salad is great too; and I also will add a handful of the elbows or shells to various soup recipes.
I make a salad very similar to this but I also add cheese cubes and ham cubes...and I use the dreamfield's elbow mac...in fact I bought the stuff to make it this week!
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #15
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTexun View Post
Not just a favorite of mine and my sister but my non-low carbing relatives ask for this one... sorry no measurements, it's sort of toss it all together:

BLT Pasta Salad

Dreamfields macaroni - cooked
Boatload of bacon, cooked and broken into small pieces
diced tomatoes
Mayo (don't go too far with the Mayo, just enough for a little flavor)
Salsa (my favorite is chipolte salsa)

Mix all ingredients, chill and enjoy. I will sometimes add a bit of celery.

I originally got this recipe off the site here, I don't remember who posted it or I would give credit where credit is due.
I make this but with chili sauce instead of salsa...it's probably higher carb but I don't make it often...it's definitely a family favorite!
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by THELOU View Post
That Girl, do you have the amounts of the ingredients for your salad, sounds real good but no amounts. thanks
I use one whole box of the rotini, and everything else is small amounts of each. Like maybe three stalks of broccoli/cauliflower, one can of black olives, one can of artichokes, whatever amounts of the cheeses you want. I guess besides the one can each of the black olives and artichokes, both drained, everything else is eyeballed. If you use bottled dressing it does take a good amount to coat it all. All combined, this makes a HUGE bowl of this. So, if you're having just couple of people, halve the recipe. Enjoy! You think this was bad, you should have seen the trouble we had putting together a family cook book....Nobody had measurements for most of the family favorites we were trying to put down on paper! What a hoot that was!

Last edited by That Girl; 03-23-2011 at 06:05 PM..
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelpaw
WOE: Moderating carbs - no official diet plan
Start Date: 3/21/11
I used Dreamfields for the first time last night. I made mac & cheese with the elbows, and neither my husband nor stepson noticed any difference in the pasta. Gotta love it when you can sneak something healthier into a meal and they don't notice or complain.

The only difference I noticed was feeling less stuffed and bloated after eating. YAY!!

I have several more packages on hand, and look forward to trying them in different recipes. I definitely plan on trying the Penne Pasta and Garlic Chicken Parmesan and maybe the BLT Pasta Salad posted above.

Thanks for posting the recipes, and I'm happy to see this discussion.

Carol
angelpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glimmergirl
I have several recipes for Dreamfield's that I rotate. These are my favorites:

Rotini W/ Crab and Red Bell Peppers
1/2 Box Rotini Noodles
1 Red Bell Pepper - chopped
1 Tblsp minced garlic
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Chicken Broth (I heat 1 Bouillon cube in a cup of water in the micro for 3 minutes)
2 Bouillon Cubes (separate from broth above)
1 Can Fancy Crab Meat - drained
a few dashes of Red Pepper Flakes

Bring pasta water to a boil and add 2 Bouillon cubes and cook pasta in the broth for 8 minutes. In a separate sauce pan, heat Olive Oil and saute garlic and red pepper flakes for 2 minutes on medium. Add diced Red bell Pepper and cook until slightly soft about 4 minutes stirring frequently so they don't burn. Add crabmeat and continue to cook for another 3 minutes stirring frequently. Drain pasta and add sauce on top. Pour chicken broth over the top and mix together well. Spoon into bowl to eat and add additional red pepper flakes on top if desired.

Pasta Con Broccoli

1/2 Box Rotini Noodles
1 Tblsp Minced Garlic
2 Tblsp Butter
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 Tblsp Prepared Spaghetti sauce (lowest carb you can find)
1 jar mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups broccoli
Salt and Pepper to liking

Steam broccoli until just tender. Cook pasta as directed by box. In a saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic and mushrooms for 2 minutes on medium. Add Cream and Spaghetti sauce & salt and Pepper and stir until combined. Once the sauce begins to boil add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Add cooked broccoli and heat for a few minutes. Pour sauce over cooked noodles and stir to combine.
Glimmergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiRedkitty
Stats: 247/165/150, or so
WOE: Atkins with a twist
Start Date: August 21, 2003
A little higher in carbs, but delish!

Chicken Carbonara - MiKitty Style

Cook 1/2 box Penne Rigata pasta.

Cut 1 lb chicken breasts and thighs into 1 inch chunks and pan fry in olive oil and butter (butter makes it crisp a little)

When chicken is done, mix 3/4 cup heavy cream and 3 Tbsp parm cheese, and 1 tsp garlic powder in a cup and pour in. Add 2 Tbsp butter, mix until butter is melted and sauce thickens. Add 2 Tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes and 1/4 cup of peas (I know - high carbs...but it adds great flavor and it's not a lot for the recipe)

when chicken mixture is thickened, toss with Penne Rigata pasta, sprinkle with parm and serve!

You can sub broccoli or kholorabi for peas to cut the carbs
MiRedkitty is offline   Reply With Quote