Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chickamomminy
Stats: 248/183/148
WOE: Atkins (modified)
Start Date: April 2009
I wonder how this would be with daikon instead of the cauliflower? Maybe parboil the daikon first? Hmmmmm...
Chickamomminy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
bumping!!
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:22 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MikeA
Stats: 214/168/160
Start Date: 10/13/2014
I made this tonite and it turned out great. I cooked the frozen cauliflower in the microwave til it was hot and drained whatever water there was. Mine didn't turn out watery at all. Next time I may try adding more cheese to it and see how it turns out.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:06 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Scalloped Ham and Cauliflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I just made this tonight for dinner and wanted to put this here so if I need to find it again, I can! I got this many, many years ago off the 'net and have no idea who to give credit to. This is NOT my recipe. I just happened to fall in love with it. Hope you enjoy it as well.

2 lb bags of cauliflower, drained thawed and chopped
8 oz grated cheddar cheese
1 cup heavy cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 pound of ham cubes
salt and pepper to taste
Beat eggs and add to cream. Mix in cheese and cauliflower, add ham cubes and bake at 375 degrees for 45 mins.

My DD (who is only 10) was just released from the hospital tonight after being newly diagnosed as a Type 1 diabetic this week. This is her first homemade meal she requested for dinner tonight. She got so sick of eating the hospital food. I love that she loves many of my low carb dishes as she will be eating a whole lot more of them!!
This will be dinner tomorrow.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:51 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme View Post
This will be dinner tomorrow.
My daughter loves the leftovers for breakfast, that is if there are any leftovers.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Barbo, I love your web-site!! Mind if I save it on my favorites list? Great recipes too...
I just learned how eggs are seasonal and that is why they were always such a big a part of Easter. So that's probably why they have lights in hen houses, to keep the hens laying all year long. Wow, good info.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, I was searching for this yesterday but couldn't remember which thread I read it on. I'm glad I found it again. Sorry about your daughter but I bet with a wonderful mother like you making cooking her all of this good food, she will recover just fine. Been there and done that but with kidney failure. I think the antibiotics she took for strep-throat did it to her. Zithro-max Z pack. You only have to take it for 3-4 days which sounds good at first but It apparently causes a lot of damage in other areas. I looked it up after she got out of the hospital and one of the side effects on the meds. web-site is acute renal failure...
Thank you for posting the recipe!

Last edited by Meme; 06-03-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Old 06-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #158

Quote:
Dawn, I was searching for this yesterday but couldn't remember which thread I read it on. I'm glad I found it again. Sorry about your daughter but I bet with a wonderful mother like you making cooking her all of this good food, she will recover just fine. Been there and done that but with kidney failure. I think the antibiotics she took for strep-throat did it to her. Zithro-max Z pack. You only have to take it for 3-4 days which sounds good at first but It apparently causes a lot of damage in other areas. I looked it up after she got out of the hospital and one of the side effects on the meds. web-site is acute renal failure...
Thank you for posting the recipe!
Well, thank you. My daughter is out of the hospital (it has been 3 years now ) but not out of the woods. She will have diabetes type 1 forever. She will not outgrow it, she will not NEVER have it. She will have to live with it forever and take insulin for the rest of her life, but we are at least used to it now. It is our new normal. Thanks for posting. How is your...daughter was it?.....I hope she is doing well now. Wow renal failure from a Z-pack. Nasty side effects. But with renal failure--can you recover from that?? I know that that can be a complication for diabetes
Old 06-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Yes she did recover and it has been several years back but I had to cook a salt free diet for a couple of years. When I made her lunch to take to school, I would pack everything salt free. I used to clean out the grocery store of salt free chips for her lunches. I had to check her blood pressure several times per day and check for fluid in her legs plus she had to stay on prednisone for quite a while which really swells the face.
Thank goodness for this web-site with all the sugar free.low carb. recipes.

Last edited by Meme; 06-04-2014 at 06:13 PM..
Old 06-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #160

Quote:
Yes she did recover and it has been several years back but I had to cook a salt free diet for a couple of years. When I made her lunch to take to school, I would pack everything salt free. I used to clean out the grocery store of salt free chips for her lunches. I had to check her blood pressure several times per day and check for fluid in her legs plus she had to stay on prednisone for quite a while which really swells the face.
Thank goodness for this web-site with all the sugar free.low carb. recipes.
Bless you So glad she is better
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Dawn, bless you too!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #162

Made this again!!! Still her favorite.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Well, thank you. My daughter is out of the hospital (it has been 3 years now ) but not out of the woods. She will have diabetes type 1 forever. She will not outgrow it, she will not NEVER have it. She will have to live with it forever and take insulin for the rest of her life, but we are at least used to it now. It is our new normal. Thanks for posting. How is your...daughter was it?.....I hope she is doing well now. Wow renal failure from a Z-pack. Nasty side effects. But with renal failure--can you recover from that?? I know that that can be a complication for diabetes
Dawn, my daughter has been type 1 diabetic since age 3 just turned 41, still on the insulin pump, and is doing fine. Has a good job and has been happily married for the last 14 years.

Hang in there

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_H View Post
Dawn, my daughter has been type 1 diabetic since age 3 just turned 41, still on the insulin pump, and is doing fine. Has a good job and has been happily married for the last 14 years.

Hang in there

Doug
Thanks. We are trying. She is only in middle school but wonder what about college? Will she ever be able to be without us??? Those are the questions we are facing right now although a bit premature. We are thinking this only because we are sending our eldest off to college next month, what a hard thing to do. Send off your baby into the world
Old 07-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Dawn,

I know very well what you both are going through as parents.

DD had issues when younger controlling her insulin because of her bad eating habits. Eventually she realized that if I eat right I don't have the up and down swings nearly as bad. So as far as her leaving home it depends on how well she matures. Now at 41 she has decided that "if I am going to live so long I guess I need to take better care of myself".
By the way my DD was one of the first children in the country to go on the insulin pump.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #166

Bumping!!

How exciting Doug. We are hoping our daughter can have the artificial pancreas when it is time for her to go to college. Well, would love it before then, like have a trial with it. But if she can have it at least by the time she is ready for college........we would be thrilled!!