Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CMIODOWS
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 11/17/03
Doctored up Lemon Jell-o dessert

1 large box of s/f lemon jell-o or two small boxes
8 oz. cream cheese (can use 4 oz if you want less fat)
2 scoops protein powder (I used vanilla EAS)
1/4 cup coconut Davinci syrup
2 3/4 cups water

Mix jello in a mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup with two cups boiling water. Once mixed and all the jello has dissolved, add the 1/4 cup s/f syrup and then remaining 1 3/4 cups of water. Put in the fridge until partially set. I put the partially set jello into a blender and add the remaining ingredients and blend till smooth. Pour into a 9/13 pan and place back in the fridge until set.

This makes a very rich and satisfying dessert. Good topped with a little whipped cream. This would also make a delicious pie, if you wanted to make a crust.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
That's a smart way to add protein to a dessert. I hadn't thought of whipping inj protein powder. Does it come out fluffly like whipped jello usually is?
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grace
Great idea! I've been jonesing for something lemony. I think I'll add the juice and zest of a fresh lemon.
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I bet this is where I could use up that fuzzy navel syntax protein powder I cant stand? I could have an orange julius type dessert maybe??? thanks for the idea!!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

It isn't really fluffy. It is more like the consistency of coconut pie I guess. I usually cut this into pieces. I mix it just as the jello starts to set and it is very pourable when it goes into the pan. I think the protein makes it a more satisfying dessert as well as the cream cheese. I've made this with orange jello which was very good too.
CMIODOWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaarren
Stats: 204/191/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-22-08
This sounds good!
Kaarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIODOWS View Post
2 3/4 cups water

Mix jello in a mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup with two cups boiling water. Once mixed and all the jello has dissolved, add the 1/4 cup s/f syrup and then remaining 1 3/4 cups of water. Put in the fridge until partially set. I put the partially set jello into a blender and add the remaining ingredients and blend till smooth. Pour into a 9/13 pan and place back in the fridge until set.

This makes a very rich and satisfying dessert. Good topped with a little whipped cream. This would also make a delicious pie, if you wanted to make a crust.

I just want to make sure on the water amounts. They don't add up. Is it 3-3/4 cups total or 2-3/4 cups total.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

You start out with 2 cups boiling water and after the jello is dissolved you add an additional 1 3/4 cups more of water and then 1/4 cup of Davinci which will total 4 cups liquid. This is for the large package of jello or two small packages of jello.

OOPS...I see where you were confused, but it won't let me change the ingredients. Sorry about that. I posted the corrected recipe below.

Last edited by CMIODOWS; 02-20-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Corrected recipe

Originally Posted by CMIODOWS View Post
3 3/4 cups water

Old 02-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much! lol, I just couldn't get 2c + 1-3/4c to add up to 2-3/4c cups of water. Going to get some sf jello because this sounds soooo good and diabetic DH seems to always want some kind of dessert.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way Chris, after you've posted a message, you have approximately 1 hour you can edit it. Thank you again for the clarification of the recipe.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Terry, but I didn't realize it was wrong until Watcher513 questioned me. Can't believe I even previewed the original recipe before I sent it out too!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grace
If you're in a hurry you can add about 3 cups of ice cubes in place of the cold water to the hot jello and stir, stir, stir until most of the cubes melt and scoop out the unmelted ones. Then the dessert is ready in about 5 minutes!! I can never wait! I do this with all my gelatin recipes. Substitute about twice as much in ice cubes as the amount of cold water called for in the recipe.

Last edited by Grace; 02-21-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: starry sky
Sounds like a great new way to have jello! I'm not a fan of jello but this sounds really good. Thanks!
starry sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Melrose
WOE: Atkins Again
Start Date: Restarting: 11.11.13
subbing.
Melrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made this last night. I had a small box of sf orange so I made it without the coconut DaVinci's, I used the vanilla. Oh my, it's good! I haven't made anything jello-ish in a long time so I forgot about the ice cube trick even though I used to do that all the time. Lol, next time I will as it took 1.5 hours to get partially jell'd. I figured the carbs are hardly any. 1 per ounce of cream cheese. Depending on the 'jell-o' brand it's either 1 or 0/serving (1/2 cup).

The 1/2 recipe was perfect for a Pyrex loaf pan. I didn't have the space for a huge pan in the fridge so I used this as it's a little more compact.

By the way, Walgreens has the Royal brand sf on sale this week, 5/1.00 with a coupon. Mine only has about 3 flavors but that's ok. They only had orange, strawberry and raspberry at the one here.

Wonderful recipe. I've got to get some Lemon at some point.

I remember the ice cube trick from years ago was 8 ice cubes = 1 cup of water. Here's another breakdown:

One ice cube is generally the equivalent of one ounce or two tablespoons of water: 2 cubes = 1/4 cup, 4 cubes = 1/2 cup, 6 cubes = 3/4 cup, 8 cubes = 1 cup.

Last edited by watcher513; 02-22-2011 at 03:54 PM..
Old 02-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
I bet this is where I could use up that fuzzy navel syntax protein powder I cant stand? I could have an orange julius type dessert maybe??? thanks for the idea!!

I bet it would taste real close to that if you used orange jello and the vanilla protein powder and then vanilla DaVinci's. Simple syrup is an Orange Julius ingredient. The orange I did was really good and your's may even be closer.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I tried this with Cherry Jello and sf Amaretto Davinci Syrup. It was really very good. This is such an easy and satisfying dessert. You can use many different flavors to change it around. Wish some others would try it and see how they like it.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made raspberry and it was really good also.