Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
LF/LC "Glu" cheese sauce

Mad Scientist time lately. Mix glucomannan powder with any flour like substance-add appropriate flavouring/liquid--you get the idea--

Cheese sauce

1 Tbs Parmesan
1 tsp glucomannan powder
1 wedge laughing cow cheese (I used sundried tomato/mozz. but the blue cheese or the queso chipotle would be equally fab)
chicken broth (you decide how much--I used about 1/3 cup
garlic/onion powder, fines herbs, salt/pepper

micro for 10-20 secs to melt LCC. and then stir stir stir. adjust seasoning as desired (whole world of seasonings to be added here!)

a thick and delicious cheese sauce. I put it on Miracle noodles and added tomatoes, green onions, and bits of canadian bacon. I figure (minus the meat) about 60 calories or so for the whole delicious and filling bowl.

for dessert last night, I mixed a tsp of glu, a packet of swiss miss diet hot cocoa, a tbs of cocoa and some almond milk. A bit lower in cals than my usual protein pudding and yum.

More experimentation to come

Ouis

Last edited by ouizoid; 02-04-2011 at 08:10 AM..
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I love to hear your ideas. I just ordered 3 pounds of glucomannan powder, so I can try more of your experiments.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Ouis, LOL! You the GLU GAL for sure!!

BTW I LOVE your new avatar - what a great photo of you!!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks Char!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #5

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
sounds great!

Ouis, have you tried grated dry jack from Vella in Sonoma in lieu of parmesan? I love it and go up there about once a year to buy a two-pound bag of the grated stuff. it's insanely expensive to mail order it, but not exhorbitant at the cheese "factory" a few blocks off the square in Sonoma.

Another interesting farmstead cheese in our area that's not sky high in price if you go to the source is Joe Mattos' St. George cheese made in the style of the island in the Azores he and his wife Mary come from.

Very much a step back in time to go there, though it's bizarre to see the mountains of sourdough bread in the barn fed to the cows to supplement the grass they graze...

it's rather like a farmhouse cheddar. the length of aging depends on the milk production and the demand--sometimes it's younger than others, depending on the season. definitely look in the aging room if you go. the smell is overpowering, mostly good, but clearly so FULL of microbes, just ALIVE.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh RR--you have no idea how much I love the grated vella--they actually sell it at my local Santa Rosa market--it is sooooo good. Try also cowgirl creamery Red Hawk or Mt Tam--good cheeses make all the diff with good cheese sauce! Of course in this one, I am trying to keep fat low, so the vella might be the one!

I made a pseudorissoto with this sauce today--"brown rice" miracle noodles (cauli-rice would be great) my cheese sauce and some herbs de provence--I threw in half a handful of TJ's light mozzarella shreds. Bout 50 cals for the whole wonderful cheesy bowlful!

Last edited by ouizoid; 02-04-2011 at 10:22 AM..
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Bumping up.

made with 2 drops black truffle oil.

thanks Ouiz.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I might try this later tonight, except I don't have laughing cow wedges, I'll use real cheese since that's all I have. I'm trying to go super low cal today after eating pork rinds, a whole bowl of guacamole, spoonfuls of peanut butter, and more yesterday. I'm up 2lbs and feel like crap. I've got a bag of shiritake sitting here waiting for me. I'm hoping they will taste ok not cooked because I was going to just rinse then and micro them. I'm at work.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 210/164/140
WOE: hcg injection, very rogue
Start Date: Dec 2009
bump
pinch on the rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Mad Scientist time lately. Mix glucomannan powder with any flour like substance-add appropriate flavouring/liquid--you get the idea--

Cheese sauce

1 Tbs Parmesan
1 tsp glucomannan powder
1 wedge laughing cow cheese (I used sundried tomato/mozz. but the blue cheese or the queso chipotle would be equally fab)
chicken broth (you decide how much--I used about 1/3 cup
garlic/onion powder, fines herbs, salt/pepper

micro for 10-20 secs to melt LCC. and then stir stir stir. adjust seasoning as desired (whole world of seasonings to be added here!)

a thick and delicious cheese sauce. I put it on Miracle noodles and added tomatoes, green onions, and bits of canadian bacon. I figure (minus the meat) about 60 calories or so for the whole delicious and filling bowl.

for dessert last night, I mixed a tsp of glu, a packet of swiss miss diet hot cocoa, a tbs of cocoa and some almond milk. A bit lower in cals than my usual protein pudding and yum.

More experimentation to come

Ouis
Thank you for posting this. I tried it using Tofutti parmesan and Cabot brand 50% light cheddar (I am lactose-intolerant and can't have parmesan or Laughing Cow, unfortunately. Tofutti & Cabot brand have 0 mg lactose), and it was good
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote