Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: EveH
Stats: 165/122/130----5'4"
WOE: Atkins..skipped induction
Start Date: Oct 2010
Keto Balls

Ketosis Balls - LowCarbFriends Recipes
EveH is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I bet they're good!

You could add a little mint extract and then roll them in finely-chopped SF dark chocolate, or some cocoa powder...mmmm mint and chocolate just GO together....
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
Thanks for posting Eve, I was going to ask for the recipe!!

Char, your ideas sound good, I love mint & chocolate.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sandyfanny
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August, 2010
These sound delicious, and I'll be making some immediately...with cocoa and mint.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
I made these and mine tasted a lot like butter! I will use less butter next time.
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I want to make these this weekend, but I'm thinking of cutting the butter too - maybe in half? I think I'll try adding a half tsp. or so of vanilla and some SF Torani chocolate syrup since I'm going to the make a cocoa and mint version. It seems that they need some sort of flavor besides butter and cream cheese...

Last edited by sandyfanny; 02-05-2011 at 04:56 AM..
Old 02-05-2011, 05:09 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I've made these, per instructions, and mine did not taste like butter. But I used unsalted sweet cream(butter), I don't know if that makes a difference from just plain unsalted butter. It looks like butter but is lighter in color and very mild tasting.

Plain they taste like frozen cheesecake ice cream bites and are really good plain, even so whatever flavor you'd like cheese cake or ice cream would be good. I made mint and mint with chocolate bits. strawberry would be good too.

ETA: One more thing. When Linda Sue made them she didn't think 1/2 cup of sweetness was enough, so she used ( and I used ) 3/4 cup equiv. Maybe that makes the difference in it tasting like just frozen butter.
Quote:

CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2-3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda *
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring

Beat everything with an electric mixer until fluffy. Drop by bite-size spoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in the freezer and eat frozen.

Makes 24 clouds

* I didn't think they were quite sweet enough with 1/2 cup so I used liquid Splenda to equal 3/4 cup granular. The counts are based on 3/4 cup Splenda.

NOTE: You can store these in the refrigerator and they will hold their shape quite well as long as they are good and cold.

With granular Splenda:
Per Cloud: 70 Calories; 7g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Per 2 Clouds: 140 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 2 Clouds: 134 Calories; 14g Fat; 2g Protein; .5g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
Per 4 Clouds: 268 Calories; 29g Fat; 3g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

This is a recipe that's been going around the low carb community for years and I finally got around to trying it. They're very good but addictive. Something about eating them frozen is very nice. They basically taste like little bites of frozen cheesecake but you could make all kinds of variations by using different flavorings and adding chopped nuts, coconut, low carb candies and things like that. I've got some ideas in my head for variations so stay tuned.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 02-05-2011 at 05:13 AM..
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11

My version of this Low Carb Pinay: "I-Can't-Believe-This-Isn't-Cheating" Cream Cheese Balls . So good! Just practice portion control.
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I just finished making my first batch of keto balls...amazing. I used 8 oz. cream cheese, 5 T. unsalted butter, 1/4 tsp. vanilla, 2 capfulls of Torani sugar-free chocolate syrup, 1/4 c. Splenda...wasn't quite sweet enough, so I added another 1/8 c., (3/8 c. total) and 2 T. Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa. Mixed it all up...delicious. It's getting cold now; I can't wait for dessert!

I have some finely chopped walnuts, but since I'm trying to behave myself reasonably well on Induction, I'm not using them this time. I'll definitely be making these again. Thank you, Dollkey, for the pic and the link. Mine aren't going to be as pretty as yours - the addition of cocoa makes the color a little odd.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I think I will have to make these... yum
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

These are dangerously good.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #12

I just got some butter, I might whip some up. It's been a while since I've had some. I made two batches, one mint and one just sweetened cause sometimes I want the cool flavor and sometimes I just like the cheesecake flavor. I'm afraid to try chocolate cause I don't think the twang of cream cheese would work, or maybe the butter would mitigate the twang.

My butter is so mild, I think I will just make the original recipe without cutting anything out.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Steak_Fanatic
I'm going to try these with the coconut. Great Recipe. Thanks.
Steak_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #14

I just made some clouds with Sugar Free Caramel Syrup flavor.

I used 1/2 cup equiv of a sugar blend equal to sugar sweetness, then 3 T Artisan SF syrup, and 3 drops of Ez-SweetZ ( equal two more Tablespoons of sweetness)

It tastes good in the bowl. I put it into a piping bag and piped out little mounds at about 1/2 oz each with my digital scale. That should give me about 24 servings from 4oz of butter and 8 oz of cream cheese. I still haven't calculated my sugar blend yet, but assuming all liquid zero carb sweetness it would be 66kcal each .5oz ball and .25g carb, .75g protein and 7g fat.

My carbs will be higher since I used a blend of isomalt, Ace K, splenda granular, erythritol and Xylitol each of which has *some* carb calories...

ETA: Oh they are so Yummy! they are just cold not frozen and I LIKE them.

Last edited by metqa; 02-15-2011 at 08:12 AM..
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #15

Oh! has anyone done this with Lemon!! I just finished making my BF's favorite Cherry Cheesecake pie which calls for a lot of lemon for the filling which is cream cheese and condensed milk.

I'll bet these cloud/keto balls would taste GREAT with lemon flavor. I wonder if I could make a batch and split it in half, make one really lemony and the other with cherry or raspberry syrup, then pipe out balls of raspberry then put the piping lemon flavor into the balls for a double flavor cloud.. Oh I'm gonna do this and post the results. Wish me luck!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Lemon clouds are amazing
Old 02-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #17

did you use lemon juice or lemon extract? I used extract at first but it lacked the zing of lemon juice and had a funny aftertaste. so I added Real Lemon juice, and it was better.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

I use a little lemon extract, a little vanilla, and a bit of real lemon juice..
ITS AMAZING..
Old 02-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

YUM!

I love the idea of a double flavor - lemon and raspberry would be awesome. I'd be tempted to grate a bit of the lemon rind very finely and add that too...I love anything lemony. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #20

I just tasted mine with the extract and lemon with some time to chill, and Yes, they are Awesome. I can't find my camera to take pictures . they are so cute Some are little pink balls and some white lemon with a ring of pink ( raspberry, strawberry, pomegranate flavor) around them. the two tone flavor is really neat. I'm glad I didn't just blend the two together.

ETA :
Quote:
I'd be tempted to grate a bit of the lemon rind very finely and add that too
I wish I'd seen that earlier! Oh , Lime would be good too! like sherbet! Mmm,

I can't believe I made these, I won't be able to eat anymore till next week. An exercise in restraint I guess! I'm glad I made them when the inspiration hit, and diet permitting. I'm gonna enjoy these soon enough. Making them portions will give me a better idea of how much I'm eating during Fat Fast. 3 clouds would be one FF meal.

Last edited by metqa; 02-15-2011 at 02:58 PM..
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #21
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

me 2 i love lemon desserts!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #22

Haha, here is what I've done to my clouds/Keto balls/whatever...

the white ones are caramel flavored, the pink and white ones are the lemon centered with fruity flavor outside, and of course I took some caramels that were frozen solid and dipped them in cocoa bark syrup and let them set up. Because the clouds were frozen solid when I did it, the cocoa bark syrup solidified within less than half a minute, like magic shell.

After letting the cocoa bark get hard I stored them in the fridge, and when you bite it, it has a sweet snap and then creaminess. Hehehehehe! Hahahaha MUAHAHAHAHA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ffclouds_0001.jpg (34.9 KB, 136 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

niceeeeeeeeeee metaq you are addicted! lol
Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #24

Yeah.... Guess what? It's a Bon-Bon! That stupid jingle popped into my head a couple of days ago and I realized my cocoa bark covered clouds were like The American Bon-Bon ice cream confection

"Little Ice cream bells dipped in Chocolaty shells" When I piped them out, I started trying to make nice smooth rounds, but then the scale said I needed more so I'd squeeze again and it would make a smaller mound on top, and it looks like a little bell. Then once I started dipping them in the cocoa bark, it became a bon bon. LOL cause it is rich and creamy from the fridge like icecream. Ha, I just made bon bons in my kitchen!

I'm not that addicted though 4-5 of these and I've had enough! they are too rich and fatty to keep eating more than six at a time or else . . .

Last edited by metqa; 02-22-2011 at 01:52 PM..
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Your enthusiasm is catchy. Glad you are enjoying yourself.

I might have to try these.
drjlocarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
I like the idea of dipping them in the cocoa bark. And like the caramel flavor idea. NOT crazy about the lemon or raspberry, must less lemon/raspberry. Sorry my tastes are definitely different. That just made me (not literally, just the thought). But to each his/her own. If you like it then more power to ya. Make and enjoy!!! We all have different tastes. I'm not a huge lemon fan. Don't realllly dislike it, just not fond of it. Even with real cheesecake, when the recipe (and most do) calls for lemon, I leave it out and either use vanilla, or sometimes caramel flavor. I have never liked imitation raspberry!!! I think I like real raspberries maybe, but NOT the imitation. (Same goes for imitation banana. )

Would you believe I have never eaten a bon bon. Not sure if I have ever even seen any. Maybe since I've been grown, and in my travels, I have seen some in the store.???? Maybe! Are they an ice cream??? I had heard of them, yes, but never eaten any. I always thought they were a candy.

metqa, your keto balls/clouds/bon bons are really pretty!

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #27

In America, Bonbons are an ice cream confection but in Europe or whereever it's from, I've forgotten that quickly, they are candy confections coated in chocolate. Like truffles or chocolate or caramels or sorts.

The rasp/pom/strawberry blend was better than I expected. but I don't expect folks to have a large assortment like I do and I wonder if the raspberry alone would be as good. I have a preference for citrus with fermented dairy, except with cheesecake, the baked kind. I like lemon/lime/orange yogurt, but not chocolate or vanilla yogurt. Which is why I was surprised that I liked the caramel balls so much. It's the twang. I need something to complement it and chocolate doesn't seem to do it for me or maybe I don't make the chocolate strong enough???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a question for y'all:
Who keeps their treats in the fridge vs the freezer? I like the soft texture of being in the fridge, but it is harder to pick up when it's soft and tends to stick to the fingers. Not exactly something you can serve party style. From the freezer it is firm but different texture, more like a ice cream bar than creamy.

and does anyone notice the surface become thicker than the middle after storage? I noticed the ones in the freezer , maybe dehydrating on the surface. They definitely had a sort of skin to them, even when they came to fridge temp.

I noticed both issues yesterday when I ate the last of the batch.

I think the cocoa bark coating is a way to have the creamy fridge texture with no sticky fingers AND avoid the freezer skin dehydration effect. Cause the bark is solid at fridge temp while the inside are creamy, and the oil protects it in the freezer also.

Just realizing I found a solution to a problem before I realized it was a problem. ETA: of course I can't imagine bark would taste good with the fruity flavors, but probably okay with, y'know, chocolate, vanilla or caramel like mine. I've got a new batch in the freezer to harden, so I can cocoa bark dip them,and then keep them in the fridge.

So do you prefer fridge texture or freezer texture?

Last edited by metqa; 02-26-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
metqa I can't comment on the textures but I like the fruity flavors with cream cheese rather than the chocolate flavor. I think the chocolate coating would be good with the fruity flavors though.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
I am going to make Lemon ones in a few with Lemon extract and Lemon juice and roll them into SF Lemon Jello
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
metqa I can't comment on the textures but I like the fruity flavors with cream cheese rather than the chocolate flavor. I think the chocolate coating would be good with the fruity flavors though.
Hmm, I'll consider trying that next batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratewoman View Post
I am going to make Lemon ones in a few with Lemon extract and Lemon juice and roll them into SF Lemon Jello
What a mad idea, gotta come back and tell us how it turns out!