Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
I think they say you can add one tablespoon more of the almond flour and one tablespoon more of the whey protein powder
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Skeeter, just another hug for coming up with this version.

I am making double batch today....

I'm working on a real bran muffin with 3 grams carb.
More testing needed. Soon as I'm satisfied I'll put up the
recipe for y'all to tweak...I wonder how many carbs are in
24 raisins? Could cut them up like Carolyn does
and add to each of the 12 muffins.
Barbo, did you ever come up with these? And if so, did you post the results? I LOVE bran muffins. Thanks!
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Ouizoid/Caps/Beeb/Char/Skeeter's Cheese Danish roll

The cherry Danish really looks good, but the pie filling is more carbs than I want to do right now, so I tweaked again! See my post here on what I did. #21 Course I had to tweak the "roll" some more too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC200659.JPG (59.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by crazywoman-n-wy; 12-20-2011 at 06:16 PM..
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:50 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
The cherry Danish really looks good, but the pie filling is more carbs than I want to do right now, so I tweaked again! See my post here on what I did. #21 Course I had to tweak the "roll" some more too!
Actually it is #22, but who's counting. Thanks for sharing! I have most of that stuff, so maybe someday.....
Old 12-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Actually it is #22, but who's counting. Thanks for sharing! I have most of that stuff, so maybe someday.....
For some reason the post numbers seem to change. So I am often reluctant anymore to do those, but they get you closer than just putting a link to the thread!!! (I copied that directly off the actual post. That's the only way for it to link that way. But then it often links to the wrong post. UGH!!)
I don't understand how it does that!!! But OH WELL, like you said who's counting.
(And in the Glucco thread that I started, and indexed, most if not all the one's linked that way are wrong, but close!!!)

By they way, if you have MOST of the ingredients, but not all,,, You can tweak too, using your ingredients. :>)

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

Last edited by crazywoman-n-wy; 12-21-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 12-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
For some reason the post numbers seem to change. So I am often reluctant anymore to do those, but they get you closer than just putting a link to the thread!!! (I copied that directly off the actual post. That's the only way for it to link that way. But then it often links to the wrong post. UGH!!)
I don't understand how it does that!!! But OH WELL, like you said who's counting.
(And in the Glucco thread that I started, and indexed, most if not all the one's linked that way are wrong, but close!!!)

By they way, if you have MOST of the ingredients, but not all,,, You can tweak too, using your ingredients. :>)
Not sure if I am as brave as you and so many others are on here, crazywoman, but I probably will give it a shot. No time soon, but on my list!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Not sure if I am as brave as you and so many others are on here, crazywoman, but I probably will give it a shot. No time soon, but on my list!!!!
What is funny Tilly, is I used to not be able to make anything without step by step instructions, and could not/would not vary 1 iota from the recipe! Most of my experimentation has come since I started low carb. But I still have only made up my own recipe once or twice. I even have a recipe in one of George Stella's books! Right now, that is the only one I can even remember that I made up. I've tweaked a few high carb recipes to make them low carb tho. The Chocolate syrup recipe is one of them. But, I've become quite the little tweaker on other recipes of late. Nowhere near the category of some of the members here tho!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What is funny Tilly, is I used to not be able to make anything without step by step instructions, and could not/would not vary 1 iota from the recipe! Most of my experimentation has come since I started low carb. But I still have only made up my own recipe once or twice. I even have a recipe in one of George Stella's books! Right now, that is the only one I can even remember that I made up. I've tweaked a few high carb recipes to make them low carb tho. The Chocolate syrup recipe is one of them. But, I've become quite the little tweaker on other recipes of late. Nowhere near the category of some of the members here tho!!!
Give me time. You and so many others are an inspiration to me. You have been doing this for a long time, which I intend to do, forever, actually. I STILL get compliments at the gym. Not losing weight but have gone down another pant size, which is odd to me. I'll take it, but not sure how that happens.