Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/706971-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html)

Barbo 01-21-2011 07:56 PM

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Jennifer's Cookies. Made them yesterday and they turned out
yummy.

BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Another great chocolate chip cookie to ring in the New Year. These are similar to my favorite chocolate chip cookies, p. 100 of Splendid Low-Carbing for Life, Volume 2, with a few minor differences. I didn’t include the chocolate chips in the analysis, as depending on the product, the carb count will vary.

1 cup butter, softened
1 ¼ cups Splenda Granular
¼ cup powdered erythritol
½ tsp molasses
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups sugarless chocolate chips (or 70% Lindt, chopped)

In food processor, combine butter, Splenda Granular and molasses; process. Add eggs and vanilla extract; process. In medium bowl, combine Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until brown underneath. Cool on wire rack, if desired, then transfer to a dinner plate or two and refrigerate. These will be best once cold and firm. Keep refrigerated.

Yield: 44 cookies
1 cookie
74.4 calories
3.0 g protein
6.3 g fat

Jennifer Eloff 01-22-2011 04:44 AM

Thanks, Barbo, I like those too.:):hugs: I keep them refrigerated.

For those who are gluten-free, they work with my gluten-free bake mixes as well.

P.S. Cookies are 1.4 g carbs without counting the chocolate chips.

CarolynF 01-22-2011 06:16 AM

I have a few more peanut butter cookies to eat, then I'm making these.

I always keep my cookies in the freezer..If I want them warm, I zap them
for a few seconds..

mac24312 01-22-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff (Post 14299704)
Thanks, Barbo, I like those too.:):hugs: I keep them refrigerated.

For those who are gluten-free, they work with my gluten-free bake mixes as well.

P.S. Cookies are 1.4 g carbs without counting the chocolate chips.

Nice to know because I am going to make the gluten free ones here on this site with the your new gluten LC bake mix on your site!;)

SkeeterN 09-10-2013 01:15 PM

This is my all time favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I wanted to bump this and subscribe to this.

Barbo 09-10-2013 01:29 PM

Hi Anita

Just went to your site and looked at all your delicious recipes.
The pictures made me hongry:)

Just noticed that you are about my height. Congratulations on your
weight loss and maintenance. Not easy, but being OW is not easy either.

SkeeterN 09-10-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 16598395)
Just went to your site and looked at all your delicious recipes.
The pictures made me hongry:)

Just noticed that you are about my height. Congratulations on your
weight loss and maintenance. Not easy, but being OW is not easy either.

So your a shorty too! Cool! Thank you.

SkeeterN 11-27-2013 04:01 PM

Still love these and these are still my favorite. I have to go searching every year LOL

Danamyte 11-08-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 14299295)
Jennifer's Cookies. Made them yesterday and they turned out
yummy.

BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Another great chocolate chip cookie to ring in the New Year. These are similar to my favorite chocolate chip cookies, p. 100 of Splendid Low-Carbing for Life, Volume 2, with a few minor differences. I didn’t include the chocolate chips in the analysis, as depending on the product, the carb count will vary.

1 cup butter, softened
1 ¼ cups Splenda Granular
¼ cup powdered erythritol
½ tsp molasses
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cups sugarless chocolate chips (or 70% Lindt, chopped)

In food processor, combine butter, Splenda Granular and molasses; process. Add eggs and vanilla extract; process. In medium bowl, combine Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until brown underneath. Cool on wire rack, if desired, then transfer to a dinner plate or two and refrigerate. These will be best once cold and firm. Keep refrigerated.

Yield: 44 cookies
1 cookie
74.4 calories
3.0 g protein
6.3 g fat

Hi -- I'm brand new to Low Carb Friends so if I goof, please forgive me in advance! I see that in this recipe you mention "Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix" Could you tell me please if this is your recipe and if not whose it is? I found it on LCF a couple of weeks ago and used it in a recipe I was developing and neglected to write down who created it and I do not want to share my recipe with anyone without giving credit due to the person who created the Bake Mix recipe. Thank you so much! Dana

SkeeterN 11-09-2014 06:44 AM

If you do an internet search for Splendid Bake Mix it will come up.She has two different ones. Her original one has VWG (vital wheat gluten) and another one is a Gluten Free bake mix but sometimes I do not use that one because it has Oat flour but to each their own. KevinPA (amazing man who is an LCF poster who sadly died and he is missed) shared that Wheat Protein Isolate 8000 works exactly the same as VWG with zero carbs but VWG is rather carby. I keep WPI 8000 on hand just for these cookies. YUM

Barbo 11-10-2014 08:26 PM

Thanks Skeet for remembering this recipe.
I think I still have some 8000 in my garage big freezer.

Danamyte 11-11-2014 11:55 PM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeeterN (Post 17080827)
If you do an internet search for Splendid Bake Mix it will come up.She has two different ones. Her original one has VWG (vital wheat gluten) and another one is a Gluten Free bake mix but sometimes I do not use that one because it has Oat flour but to each their own. KevinPA (amazing man who is an LCF poster who sadly died and he is missed) shared that Wheat Protein Isolate 8000 works exactly the same as VWG with zero carbs but VWG is rather carby. I keep WPI 8000 on hand just for these cookies. YUM

Thanks so much for the information, it was just what I needed! :)

Tater Head 11-14-2014 08:56 AM

Below is my go to cookie recipe, I just add chips or nuts to it. It's easy and plain ingredients. (Not my recipe)

small batch plain cookies...
1/2 cup vanilla whey
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbs. sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla
1-2 TBS cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together the whey, almond flour, baking soda and salt and sugar. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender until the butter lumps are smaller than peas. Stir in the vanilla, milk to form a stiff dough.

With a cookie scoop or teaspoon, place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down the balls with dipped splenda sugared fork, criss cross pattern. bake for 10 minutes until done, (not too dark). Place cookies on rack to cool.

:heart:

Tweaker Geek 11-14-2014 09:02 PM

Tater - what type cookie does this make, soft or crispy? I like that it has pretty straightforward ingredients. Have you ever made into a chocolate cookie or added any spices (cinnamon or nutmeg)?

Tater Head 11-15-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek (Post 17085010)
Tater - what type cookie does this make, soft or crispy? I like that it has pretty straightforward ingredients. Have you ever made into a chocolate cookie or added any spices (cinnamon or nutmeg)?

Well is is more crispy, but soft too, if that makes sense. You can't get a really crispy cookie with almond flour. I have added all sorts of things to it, nuts, chocolate chips, and peanut butter flour, cinnamon---- you name it. It is a staple as a go to cookie imo. I like that it is simple and small batch, don't want or need too mnay cookies around.

Debbie.....