Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2002, 03:36 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JazzyV
Stats: 265.5/238.4/185
WOE: Low Carb/Weight Watchers
Cauliflower Lovers Only! - From Old BB

[color=red]Cauliflower Lovers Only! [/color]

Author Topic: Cauliflower Lovers Only!
JosieL
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-24-2001 11:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,
Cauliflower is absolutely my favorite vegie!!! It is soooo healthy and a close cousin to broccoli, cabbage and kale. Tons of nutrients and fiber and so low calorie, you can afford to "fatten it up a bit"

I love it steamed with butter, Mock Tatoes. I am looking for other favorite recipes that are tried, tested, and true. Main dishes or side dishes. I have two of my favorites I would love to share....if anybody wants them.

Before low carbing, I loved shrimp salad with macaroni. Now I discovered this and I think it is so much better!

[color=red]Cauliflower Shrimp Salad[/color]

1 head cauliflower, thinly sliced
1 pound shrimp - cooked, peeled, deveined and chilled
1 cup chopped green onions
3 eggs
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup creamy Italian-style salad dressing
3/4 cup sliced black olives
1 tablespoon minced pimento

Boil eggs and chop
Mix mayonnaise and salad dressing together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, add cauliflower, shrimp, green onions, chopped eggs, olives, and pimentos.
Toss to combine.
Stir in dressing mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate. Serve chilled.

Love this soup...as soon as it cools off here, I'm making a huge batch.

[color=red]Cauliflower and Cheese Soup[/color]

1 med. head of cauliflower, separated into flowerettes
1 med. onion, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped (for color)
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups light cream
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
chopped chives

Place cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken stock in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Puree in blender.
Return to crock pot.
Blend in cream, Worcestershire, and cheese.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir to mix well.
Turn control to high and heat through.
Garnish servings with chopped chives.
Can garnish with bacon bits also.

Serves 4 to 6.

Enjoy!

Josie

------------------
5'7" age 36
210/145/145

Aspen
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-25-2001 01:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josie,
My favorite is [color=red]Faux-tato Salad[/color]. Cut a head of cauliflower into small flowerets, cook until tender, drain and cool. Mix with chopped egg, dill pickle, onion, and some mayo and seasonings--it's YUM!

LuckyB
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-25-2001 02:21 AM
I like to take the [color=red]fauxtatoes[/color] one step further and make stuffed "potatoes" with them. Take a batch of the cauliflower "mashed potatoes" and divide into custard cups. Bake at 375 for about 15 min. to dry it out a little, then top with a pat of butter, some bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese. Broil until the cheese melts and then top with chopped green onions and a dollop of sour cream. Yum! Even dd who is not a LCer loves these.

dyanc
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-25-2001 08:27 PM
Not sure where I found this - it doesn't taste exactly like macaroni, but is good:
[color=red]MOCKAFONI & CHEESE[/color]

1 bag frozen cauliflower, cooked (15.2)
3 oz cream cheese (3)
2 T heavy cream (.8)
1 cup shredded cheddar (.6)

Preheat oven 350. Pour little cream in bottom of baking dish and add handful of cheddar. Place cream, cream cheese and remaining cheese in microwave safe dish and microwave until all can be stirred together easily. Pour drained cauliflower into baking dish (while cauliflower still hot). Pour cheese mixture over and stir well to mix. Sprinkle some Parmesan over top. Bake 35 min; allow to stand few minutes. (19.6 - serves 4 @ 4.9 - as a side dish)

monalisa
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-26-2001 01:37 AM
My favorite is cook cauliflower till mushy put into a food processor and cream, add fresh garlic, parmesean, salt, pepper, chopped parsley 1 egg mix and put into a casserole dish and top with Durkee french fries onion rings. Bake at 350 for about 15 min or until hot and browned let sit for a little before serving. Oh I use two heads for this recipe and the spices are to taste. Add a little crab to the mix and fry for crab cakes!!!!!

CarbCountin'Ali
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-26-2001 10:38 PM
I'm surprised the [color=red]'Fried Rice'[/color] recipe is not in this thread yet. This is not my recipe...I got it from this board...
1/2 head cauliflower
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4cup soy sauce
oil
green onions
1 egg

Basically,

You heat up chopped garlic in some oil (ghee is a good one, but any oil you like).

While heating garlic, grate 1/2 head of cauli. If you have a food processor or salad shooter, the grating will go quicker.

Heat the cauli in the garlicky oil for about five mintues. Stir it around well to make sure you're distributing the garlic oil well, and making sure the cauli is getting cooked.

Add 1/4cup soy sauce. Stir well. Eat. Watch your portions! ;-)

The original recipe wanted to be as much like chinese fried rice as possible. After cooking the cauli for a few minutes, you're supposed to push it to the side of the pan and scramble an egg, then mix in with cauli. Also, cut up green onions to add.

Though that tastes pretty good, I usually used my cauli rice with some chicken, and I include greens while cooking. I've used spinach, collard, mustard, dandelion, chard so far.

JosieL
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-27-2001 12:10 AM
I tried the twice baked Mock Tatoes and they were absolutely FANTASTIC!. Some days I am amazed at the delicous food we can eat.

Josie

Becky S
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-27-2001 12:15 AM
YUM! These all sound great. Cauliflower is our favorite vegetable now. And this, after my family told me don't ever bother to buy cauliflower because we aren't going to eat it. Fooled them!
I was going to make the mashed caulflower the other night, but got lazy. So we had them just cooked and topped with Alfredo Sauce....Double Yummers!

cjssmrt
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-27-2001 10:14 AM
I love it roasted. Just toss in olive oil and herbs - I use Liptons savory Herb And Garlic mix. Spread in single layer on cookie sheet and roast til browned at 425 degrees -about 20 - 30 minutes. So yummy!

rrrhan
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-27-2001 03:38 PM
How about fried cauliflower. I was cooking french fries for the fam and discovered something better. [color=red]Deep fried cauliflower[/color]! YUM! Just took the frozen florets and dropped them in the hot grease and fried till kind of crispy. These were really good. I can't wait to try some of the other recipes.

Feathers
Senior LCF Member
posted 08-29-2001 02:51 PM
I take a whole cauliflower head and place in a glass microwavable bowl. Then I take some exotic or spicy mustard and mix with mayo, sorry I don't have exact measurements,I'm always changing things. Anyway I "ice" the cauliflower as I would a cake and the sprinkle finely chopped onions over the mustard sauce. I cook 10 to 15 minutes, till tender then I add grated sharp cheddar cheese over the top of this and nuke til cheese is melted. Even friends that hate cauliflower love this.

Mazzalin
Senior LCF Member
posted 09-06-2001 05:51 PM
I was making [color=red]shepards pie[/color] for my boyfriend last night and tried a faux version for myself. Not bad, I'm sure there's pronbably a reciped oout there somewhere for this but I just browned ground beef and some spices, topped with mashed fauxtatoes, topped with cheddar cheese and baked. I had it leftover for dinner tonight too and it was pretty good.
Linda

JosieL
Senior LCF Member
posted 09-06-2001 08:10 PM
I sorta did the shepards pie thing too. I added ground pork to the twice baked fauxtato recipe for dinner and I must say it didn't look to appetizing, but it tasted great! Had it for lunch today too. People at my table today said...ohhhhhh Mmmmmmm mashed potatoes!?
I added a little garlic too.
Josie

JosieL
Senior LCF Member
posted 09-16-2001 12:05 AM
Here's the exact recipe for the Frosted Cauliflower originally posted by feathers. I made this tonight and it was pretty darn tastee.
[color=red]Frosted Cauliflower[/color]

1 medium head cauliflower
1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1-2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Paprika (optional)

Remove woody base of cauliflower, leaving cauliflower in whole head. Aerate (pierce with knife) the core to make porous. Weigh cauliflower. Place in 2 quart microwave casserole and cook, covered, for 6 minutes per pound on High power (100%). Let stand a few minutes. Salt if desired. Spread cauliflower with mixture of mayonnaise and mustard. Sprinkle with cheese. Heat for 1 minute, or until cheese melts, on Medium-high power (70%). Sprinkle with paprika.

Staceyg
Senior LCF Member
posted 09-16-2001 11:25 AM
Ok, I just tried this the other day and I loved it...I will copy and paste here:
[color=red]LC Spanish "Rice"[/color]
1c grated cauliflour
1/8c bell pepper, chopped fine
1/8c onion, chopped fine (can use spring onions for lower carb count)
1/2t salt
1/2t pepper
1/8t cumin
1/8t garlic powder
1/4c tomato sause (check label for carb count, watch out for added sugar!!)
<< add water as needed, cauliflour is often "wet" and may not need it>>

Saute onion, bell pepper, and cauliflour in 1 to 2 T of olive or canola oil. Add other ingredients, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 min. checking on moisture level. Enjoy!!!! I added a little cayanne pepper to flavor it up some !! Patty

------------------
Momma Pat

This was an awesome recipe.....I doubled it and added ALOT of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I melted that through, and I also added a pinch of chili powder. It was great...Thanks Mommapat!

------------------
Stacey
155/127/125
start 12/09/00
"Losing slowly but surely"

Diane M
Senior LCF Member
posted 10-21-2001 12:20 AM
[color=red]Mock Rice[/color]
This is so plain, but comes in handy. We love curry here: thai and indian. So, whenever we make it, we serve it over chopped cooked cauliflower. Any kind of stir fry or stew is delicious over it, especially when you are accustomed to eating that dish over rice.

Frogfoss
Senior LCF Member
posted 10-21-2001 07:56 PM
1 head cauliflower.. steam til tender
mix 1/2 cup butter melted, 1/4 cup grated parm cheese, 1/4 bacon pieces.

Put cauliflower in casserole dish, mix in above. Bake @ 350 for 20 mins.

Can also top with grated cheddar if you'd like.

------------------
Michelle

Sjayneuk
Junior LCF Member
posted 10-21-2001 09:51 PM
My absolute fave recipe growing up (and still now) is known in our family as [color=red]Grandma's Cauliflower[/color].
It goes like this:

1 head or bag of frozen cauliflower
3 slices bacon
2 heaping tablespoons of Helmen's Mayo
1 tablespoons sugar (I make it with Splenda now..tastes the same).

1. Cook the cauliflower until it is tender
2. Fry bacon in a pan. Remove bacon and and cutup into smallish bits.
3. In the same pan add the mayo and heat until it starts to go clear.
4. Stir in splenda and just heat through.
5. Put bacon back in pan
6. Add cauliflower and stir to make sure it is well coated in the sauce.

Let me know what you think.

Melodye
Senior LCF Member
posted 04-14-2002 06:22 PM
Hi everyone, all these recipes sound great. I have one that my entire family loves . It is: [color=red]Scalloped Cauliflower[/color]
Ingredients:
2 bags frozen cauliflower
1/2 small white onion-finely chopped
12 ounce bag finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 pint whipping cream
salt and pepper
1/4 cup butter(1/2 stick)
crumbled cooked bacon(optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open frozen cauliflower bags one at a time into a collander and run cool waterover each to seperate the pieces and slightly thaw,but don't use warm water. Spray large casserole dish with Pam and layer 1/2 of cauliflower across bottom of dish. Season with salt and pepper,then layer with bits of onions,thinly sliced pats of butter, and 1/2 of cheddar cheese.Repeat.Pourcream over top and place dish in oven. Bake 45 minutes.10 minutes before completion, add crumbled bacon if you like. Makes 10 servings at 4 carbs per serving.
Note: I use fresh cauliflower as well, this is so good

Melodye

leslasic
Senior LCF Member
posted 05-08-2002 03:18 PM
ok, heres my version of mock chicken fried rice.
[color=red]Leslasic’s Mock Fried Rice [/color]

1 head raw cauliflour, grated or chopped in the cuisinart (makes approx 7 cups)
5 green onions
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 tsp ginger (I bought a jar of minced, but you can use a piece of fresh, quartered for flavor and removed, or powder)
3 Tblsp + 1 Tblsp good quality soy sauce
3 eggs, beaten plus one egg white
Olive or Vegetable oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 pkt splenda
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes (I used 3 large breasts)
1 tsp cornstarch (use no-starch if you can find it)

1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 egg white, 1 Tblsp of the soy sauce. Add chicken cubes and toss to coat. Let stand 15 mins to marinate.
2. In a small bowl, combine remaining soy sauce, 1 tsp cornstarch, vinegar, and pkt of splenda- set seasoning sauce aside.
3. In a large flat pan (or wok ) heat oil over med. high heat. Stir-fry chicken until opaque (4-5 mins). Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
4. Add ginger, sliced scallions, and garlic to pan; stir fry 1 minute. Add grated cauliflower and stir fry (stirring constantly) another 4-5 mins. Add seasoning sauce to pan when the mixture appears dry. Add back in cooked chicken and stir fry another minute or two.
5. Push mixture to side, add a tiny bit more oil and scramble the 3 eggs in empty side of pan until done but still moist. Stir eggs into "rice" mixture and remove from heat.

Enjoy! Yummy left over the next day, too!

Dahma
Senior LCF Member
posted 06-24-2002 11:58 AM
[color=red]Cauliflower Salad[/color]
1 head cauliflower, break or cut into small bite sized pieces
1 head broccoli, optional, cut into small bite sized pieces
2 small onion, diced (more or less to taste)
6 (or more) slices crisp bacon (can use diced ham instead or in addition to)
grated cheese (at least 1 cup)

Dressing (you may need more or less depending upon the amount veggies you have)

1 C mayo
1 C Ranch dressing
splash of vinegar
sweetner to taste

Mix veggies and ham if used. Add enough dress to coat well. Top with plenty of cheese and crumbled bacon

My bowl is always emptied when taken for get-togethers. When I make it for just DH and I, we use cauliflower only. When taking it for a crowd, I add the broccoli and increase the onion and other ingredients. It simply makes too much for just the two of us.

Thanks for starting this tread. We love cauliflower too.
Dahma

Last edited by JazzyV; 07-01-2002 at 03:44 AM..
JazzyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2002, 01:26 PM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Sionhainn
Stats: 5'10"
Start Date: RESTART: 01/03/06
Thanks a bunch !! I have about 15 heads of cauliflower coming up in my garden right now !
Sionhainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 03:04 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OU812
These are great recipes. I need a change from my usual broccoli salad.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 06:00 AM   #4

Gallery:
bump
Old 08-24-2002, 07:32 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: NorthernNisse
Stats: 234/180/180 5'7.5"
WOE: Atkins '72
bump.
NorthernNisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:58 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: RoyalsFan
Stats: large/med/small
WOE: atkins
Start Date: january 2001
I love the white stuff!

These recipes look good!
RoyalsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 07:23 AM   #7
Madison2

Gallery: Madison2
Sounds great!!
Old 01-27-2003, 12:28 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Bump 'cause i was looking for these. Essy
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:50 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bronda
I used to make a Cauliflower Salad, the same one that is in the recipe room. (Cauliflower Salad 1) When I put this into ****** it came up with about 63 carbs after the fiber was subtracted, but the one in the recipe room says only 23 carbs total. Could someone tell me what the true carb count is? My recipe is.....

1 head lettuce
1 head cauliflower
1 onion
1 lb. bacon
1/4 c. sugar (splenda)
1/4 c. parmesan
1 c. mayo
Bronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 06:09 AM   #10
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: bernie
I made fauxpotato pancakes with some left over cooked cauliflower. They were great with sour cream on top.

1 cup cooked mashed cauliflower
1 egg
1 small diced onion
1 tbsp protein powder
seasoning (salt and pepper)

mix all up and fry pancakes in butter.

enjoy
Bernie
bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:00 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: reidn32
so glad i have a head in the fridge
reidn32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:16 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Bronda, I put your cauliflower salad ingredients in Mastercook (using pourable splenda in place of the sugar) and got the following for the whole recipe:

4384 Calories; 417g Fat; 152g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 479mg Cholesterol; 8906mg Sodium.

So, 20 net carbs if you subtract fiber.

Last edited by JazzyV; 01-28-2003 at 01:34 PM..
Old 01-28-2003, 01:37 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bronda
That is great. Thank You Jazzy

Why would ****** have such different numbers?
Bronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:15 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IrishNodak
[COLOR=blue]Bump...cuz it's a great thread.[/COLOR]
IrishNodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:46 AM   #15

Gallery:
bump !
Old 06-21-2003, 06:57 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Melody
Stats: oh no
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/19/01-Goal 7/6/02
This soup is to die for, copied from the Atkins Center website...

Roasted Cauliflower and Almond Cream Soup

Roasting cauliflower brings out its sweetness and imparts a nutty undertone, which is picked up by the almonds. This rich, ivory-colored soup makes an elegant start to any meal.

1 head cauliflower, florets cut into 1/4" slices
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 package (8 ounces) slivered almonds, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream

1. Heat oven to 450°F. Toss cauliflower floret slices with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on 2 baking sheets. Roast 45 minutes, until browned. Turn once or twice during cooking time.
2. Remove cauliflower from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Arrange 2 tablespoons of almonds on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, until lightly browned; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, until translucent. Add remaining almonds and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
5. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade (or in a blender), puree soup in batches. Return pureed soup to pot. Stir in cream and 1 cup water. Cook on low a few minutes, just to heat through. To serve, divide soup in bowls and garnish with toasted almonds.
Servings: 8
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake/Cook time: 1 h 25 min

Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Net Carbs: 5.5 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Fat: 37 grams
Calories: 406

"The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come."
~James Whitcomb Riley

“If you love someone, put their name in a circle, not a heart. A heart can break, but a circle goes on forever”
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 06:18 PM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Newbies, check it out.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 06:39 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CreamDraft
I am perfecting a "recipe" for making it on the grill.
We just nuke it a few minutes until it starts to get a
bit soft, then brush olive oil on it, sprinkle on some salt
and pepper and put it on the grill till it until its as brown
as you like.
Gonna try it again over the 4th to see if we can get
it perfect <G>

Lisa

Then add butter

Lisa
CreamDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SIStem_shock
Here's one of my favorites. It makes a perfect summertime lunch. The original recipe called for steaming the cauliflower first, but I find it is SO much better raw and crispy.

BLC Salad

1 head cauliflower, chopped small (food processor makes it quick but isn't neccessary)

1 pck bacon, cooked and crumbled (I buy the pre-fab kind in a bag)

cherry tomatoes, or regular tomatoes, sliced or chopped

Mayo

Salt & pepper to taste

Mix it all up, except the tomatoes and refrigerate for about an hour. Then add the tomatoes and stir. You can add everything all at once if you want, but I don't like my tomatoes refrigetated so I add them right before serving.

I've also made the Faux Chicken Fried Rice posted above and it is yummy!
SIStem_shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:37 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: EveH
Stats: 165/122/130----5'4"
WOE: Atkins..skipped induction
Start Date: Oct 2010
I can't believe no one mentioned our favorite way. I love things easy so I just drop it in my deep fat fryer and cook till brown. I usually drop in some brocc at the same time so we have a mixed fry. I don't batter it or anything, just plop it in raw.....
EveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #21

Gallery:
I have one to add!

Cauliflower bake!

1- 16 oz. package cauliflower(frozen)
1-8 oz package cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbls. butter
s&p to taste
1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded, I have tried sharp, mild, and colby jack. All are great.

Boil your flower til tender. Drain well.
In a deep bowl or food processor, cream together the cream cheese and cream, add cauliflower, mix well. Should be a chunky version of mashed potatos. Add butter, mix well, add s&p. POur into a baking dish, cover with cheese, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or til the cheese is bubbly and golden.
Let sit for 10 minutes, and cut into it. Its great!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2003, 08:42 AM   #22
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: nl_schober
Stats: 145/122
Start Date: Jan 9, 2003, reached goal June 21, 2003
Use it lightly steam in fondue, instead of bread. Yum!
nl_schober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 07:54 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CreamDraft
We got it right!!
Ok, cut your cauliflower head in half, leave the leaves on
it, add a little butter, salt and pepper.
Wrap it in tin foil tightly, then put it on the the
grill when the coals are ready.
Put it with the stalk side down for about 30 min
(off to one side), then turn it over and cook it for
another 30 min.
Remove the tin foil, and then remove the leaves and
discard. Add butter and serve. wonderfull!

Lisa
CreamDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:37 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bump
Old 08-19-2003, 06:46 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Location: Finally living my dream, that I thought would never come true.
Gallery: Maggies4me
Thanks JosieL I love Cauliflower!!!!!!!! Love it! Love it!
Maggies4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 03:36 AM   #26
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: argo2d
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._18724,00.html

try lowcarbin this!
argo2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 06:01 PM   #27
red5573

Gallery: red5573
These look great! I have cauli at least once a week now ... have always loved it.
Thanks for gathering so many recipes together for us cauli lovers!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:16 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

bump for Treadle
Old 09-21-2003, 11:22 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Jazzy You are going to keep this thread alive forever!!! Good for you. Never give up. It's one of my favorites.

Just to make this post somewhat valuable, I recently made the Roasted Cauliflower and Almond Cream Soup and it was excellent!

Josie

Last edited by NorthernNisse; 09-21-2003 at 11:25 AM..
Old 09-21-2003, 04:28 PM   #30
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: treadle
Stats: 190.4/149/150
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 1/18/10
Yummy!!

Thanks Jazzy for the bump!! Two of my favorite cauliflower recipes are already there.....frosted and salad....wish I had another to contribute. My veggie recipes were sorely lacking until today thanks to you all!!
treadle is offline   Reply With Quote