Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Another Cinnamon Roll Recipe... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/697587-another-cinnamon-roll-recipe.html)

CarolynF 11-05-2010 10:09 AM

Another Cinnamon Roll Recipe...

Okay.. These are great and very easy. I'm sure you could make your own pancake mix from Jennifer's flour recipe, etc..But I had Big Train on hand so I used it. Maple Grove's pancake mix is cheaper, though.

Easy Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients
2 Tbs. Splenda
2 1/4 cups of LC Pancake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup LC milk or cream
2 Tbs. Splenda
2 Tbs. softened butter
Cinnamon to sprinkle
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom of 9 x 13 pan.

Stir pancake mix and 2 Tbs. Splenda in a medium bowl. Add cream or milk slowly until soft dough forms..(not sticky). Sprinkle a bit of Pancake mix
or Splenda on the counter and turn dough onto surface and knead several times. Then shape into a ball and roll out into a rectangle 15 x 9.

Spread surface with softened butter. Sprinkle Splenda over, then sprinkle
pecans over. Roll up tightly beginning at the 15 inch side..Seal well by
pinching edge of dough into roll. Cut into 1 1/4 inch slices. Place cut side
down in pan.

Bake 20-23 minutes until golden on top. Let cool..

Glaze or spread with favorite topping after they are cooled.

I just ballpark butter, powdered erythritol, bit of softened cream cheese, and
liquid Splenda.. Spread over rolls..

There are very good.

drjlocarb 11-05-2010 12:58 PM

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Barbo 11-07-2010 12:14 PM

THanks again

I liked the Big Train Pancake Mix, but wouldn't have thought
to make cinnamon rolls with it. Great idea.

CarolynF 11-07-2010 12:49 PM

Honestly, they are fabulous..I keep them in the freezer (frosted) and pop one in the microwave for about 15 seconds..

I am thinking I could make my own dry LC pancake mix and save some money.

lindaokc 11-07-2010 12:59 PM

Ok, now I have to go buy some Big Train pancake mix.

CarolynF 11-07-2010 02:00 PM

The Maple Grove SF pancake mix is cheaper.

SCOTTSDALEJULIE 11-08-2010 12:34 PM

Oh, Carolyn. I just happen to have Big Train in the cupboard. Going to make it. Julie

CarolynF 11-08-2010 12:38 PM

Julie, let me know..

Okay, my dough was very much like pie dough consistency..but the rolls turned out
great. I thought they would be tough..but they weren't at all.

lindaokc 11-16-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14065041)
The Maple Grove SF pancake mix is cheaper.

Thanks, Carolyn. I did order the Maple Grove and it should be coming any day now. Can hardly wait. I want to make these AND the cinnamon rolls Beeb makes.:clap:

skg 11-16-2010 12:16 PM

I bought a box of the Maple Grove SF pancake mix at the store today, seemed very light do you think it will take two boxes to get the 2 1/4 cups of pancake mix?

CarolynF 11-16-2010 02:40 PM

I think it is all about the texture..Add enough liquid to make it stick together in a ball, Sandy and then start rolling it out.

Pami 11-18-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14059613)
Okay.. These are great and very easy.

<snip>

There are very good.

I have yet to try a CarolynF-approved recipe that was less than perfect.
Thank you; it will go on the to-do list.

lindaokc 11-18-2010 09:16 AM

Ok, Carolyn. I made your cinnamon rolls today for hubby. I tasted one, but I'm "dieting" right now, so didn't have any more.
They were really good. Hubby liked them a lot. Thanks so much for posting. They couldn't be any easier.

CarolynF 11-18-2010 09:47 AM

You guys are sweet..:) Linda, thanks for trying these..I think they are very much like the texture of real cinnamon rolls..I can't get the MGrove around here, so I'll order it from
netrition.

SCOTTSDALEJULIE 11-18-2010 09:59 AM

I so want to try this Carolyn, but have my 95 year old mother with me now, so time is less available. But, if my grandaughter spends the night Sat. Night, I'll do them for her. She could eat a pan of cinnamon rolls. Julie

skg 11-19-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14091107)
I think it is all about the texture..Add enough liquid to make it stick together in a ball, Sandy and then start rolling it out.

Thanks, I went ahead a bought another box just in case and if not then I have another box to make more :p. I will make them tonight for breakfast tomorrow.

ladeeda 12-02-2010 11:08 PM

bump

PaminKY 09-02-2011 11:06 AM

Do you think I could successfully use Dixie Diners Bakesquick Mix in place of the Big Train pancake mix?

I not real fond of the soy in the Dixie Diners but it's all I have on hand and I'm not sure if I can find the others locally and I don't have time to get an order in.

CarolynF 09-02-2011 12:41 PM

Pam: You could try it..I'm sure the DD stuff can be made into pancakes..Give it a go.

PaminKY 09-02-2011 01:13 PM

Guess I'll have to if I want to make these rolls this weekend. Just ran out to about 5 different stores and of course nobody had the Big Train or the Maple Grove SF pancake mix. I know I've seen the Maple Grove somewhere but that could have been years ago.

The Dixie Diner does have pancake instrucions on the back.

buttoni 09-02-2011 01:33 PM

My that's a cool way to use pancake batter. I just printed this out to try. I don't buy any of the commercial LC pancake mixes. But I'm sure I could try some of one of Jennifer Eloff's Splendid Bake Mixes along with some Carbquick and see what happens. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I look forward to playing around with this. :)

elainesmith 09-09-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14064905)
I am thinking I could make my own dry LC pancake mix and save some money.

Have you found an acceptable homemade recipe yet? I'd love to try these but don't have any pancake mix or idea where to start to makr one.

CarolynF 09-09-2011 09:25 PM

Well, Elaine, we have several LC flour mixtures floating around here..However, it does take special ingredients like almond flour/protein powder/vital wheat gluten, etc..
Kevinpa had an excellent flour mixture, but it involved many specialized flours that you can get at netrition.. Check out Kevinpa's sticky thread at the top of this site..He did lots of interesting things with his LC flours..Poor Kevin died earlier this year and we miss
him alot.

dianafoot 09-10-2011 10:17 AM

I absolutely adore the Big Train Pancake mix -- I make it with blueberries and have my own blueberry pancakes whenever the kids and grandkids are here for the weekend (I make them regular high carb ones.)

However, I tried the cinnamon rolls with the pancake mix and they were very dry after the first day, though pretty good the first morning. I soaked them in a little Monin o'free syrup the second day and heated them and they were okay. suggestions for keeping them moist?

CarolynF 09-10-2011 12:04 PM

Maybe add more butter to the recipe..What I do is eat one and freeze the rest right away.
Then I microwave each one and put lots of butter on it.

Ginaaaaaa 03-17-2012 12:00 PM

I just made these, plated one and my daughter who hates my low carb sugar free goodies asked to try one and she loved it. I love them too. She kept looking at the pan, so I said have another one. Hahaha

She's going to take a pic for me after her ipod touch charges.

I've been meaning to make these forever and finally got around to it. They are AMAZING. I used Big Train pancake mix and a cream cheese, powdered erythritol, cream icing.

CarolynF 03-17-2012 12:09 PM

So glad you liked them, Gina..

Ginaaaaaa 03-17-2012 12:21 PM

Thank you for the recipe Carolyn, they are delicious.

rosethorns 03-17-2012 12:46 PM

gINA pICS PLEASE. I know I can GF this.Sorry just relized how close my post was to yours. L

I'll wait .

Ginaaaaaa 03-17-2012 02:21 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/smd5pz.jpg