Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Stuffed Poblano Peppers (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/695633-stuffed-poblano-peppers.html)

Dottie 10-19-2010 09:32 AM

Stuffed Poblano Peppers

Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Makes 1 stuffed pepper

1 whole fresh poblano pepper. Wash, remove cap and seeds.
1 oz cream cheese softened
cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices cooked bacon chopped
3oz 93% lean ground beef
Hefty pinch of spice blend for tacos (chili powder, cumin, oregaon, salt, pepper, garlic powder)

Mix cream cheese, cheese, bacon, ground beef and seasonings well then stuff into the pepper. Roll up tighyly in foil and place in a casserole dish. Bake at 350f for apporx 25 minutes or until cooked through.
*I'm sure you could microwave this. I would put it in a small, covered dish and microwave at power for 5-6 minutes, then at full power for 3-4.

390 cals; 27g fat; 5g carbs; 1g fiber; 29g protein.

Charski 10-19-2010 09:35 AM

Oh Dottie, that sounds really good! I love poblanos. They're so tasty!

Will try this soon, thanks!

chewiegand 10-19-2010 09:47 AM

Are poblanos as hot as jalapenos? They are bigger, right?

Charski 10-19-2010 11:57 AM

They're not nearly as hot as jalapenos - most of them are quite mild.

They're long, dark green, glossy, beautiful peppers, pointy at one end and bigger at the other end - perfect for stuffing!

Also the ones they usually make chiles rellenos with.

chewiegand 10-19-2010 11:58 AM

Thanks. I can't wait to make some now.

Dottie 10-19-2010 12:24 PM

I was thinking you could make 4 of these, put them in a casserole and maybe top with enchilada sauce and cheese. (I'd count 6 servings of that many though lol)

sistertzu 10-19-2010 12:30 PM

Sounds wonderful, I want to try them soon!

lainielou 10-19-2010 01:07 PM

d.r.o.o.l. :p

tulipsandroses 10-19-2010 04:06 PM

I love stuffed poblanos! I love spicy food, so this is right up my alley! I usually leave some of the seeds in to retain some of the heat.

pooticus 10-19-2010 09:03 PM

Dottie! Sounds really lovely!!! This may be on my agenda for next week instead of stuffed bell peppers!

judytab 10-20-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 14010019)
I was thinking you could make 4 of these, put them in a casserole and maybe top with enchilada sauce and cheese. (I'd count 6 servings of that many though lol)

Dottie,your recipe sounds great. I was just viewing a video on youtube by bowulf of a recipe similar to this baked in the oven. He calls it "Low Carb Roasted Peppers". He broiled 4 poblano peppers and peeled the skin off before opening them up and seeding them, stuffed with a gr. meat mixture similar to yours - except he cooked it up like taco meat. He then covered them with cheese in a casserole and baked it. It really looks good, also. I would give the recipe, except I would have to type it all out (too lazy to do that!)as there is no written recipe except for on the youtube screen which I copied. Here is a link to the video:

bowulf 10-20-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judytab (Post 14014839)
It really looks good, also. I would give the recipe, except I would have to type it all out (too lazy to do that!)as there is no written recipe except for on the youtube screen which I copied. Here is a link to the video:

Thanks -- just a heads up on my recipe videos, if you expand the video description at the bottom of the video, I always try to list the ingredients and the nutrition info. Here it is the for the video in question:
Ingredients:
4 Large Poblano Peppers, Broiled, skin removed
1.5 pounds Ground Beef (85%/15%)
1 TBS Taco Seasoning (see recipe below)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Salsa
1 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese
1/4 cup diced tomatoes (optional)

1. Brown Ground Beef, Drain, and add Taco Seasoning
2. Roast Peppers on Top Shelf under broiler, rotating every 2-3 minutes
3. Add Salsa, Cream, and Cheese to ground beef, and heat until cheese is melted.
4. Remove Peppers from Oven, and peel loosened skin off peppers. Remove Stem core and seeds from inside.
5. Add meat mixture to roasted peppers, and cover with 1-2 oz of Shredded Cheese
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Makes 4 servings.

Charski 10-21-2010 09:27 AM

YUMMMMMM that video certainly made my mouth water, Thanks to Bowulf for his version too!

pooticus 10-21-2010 09:54 AM

Wow they look fantastic!

Dottie 10-21-2010 10:46 AM

That does look good:)

judytab 10-21-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowulf (Post 14014933)
just a heads up on my recipe videos, if you expand the video description at the bottom of the video, I always try to list the ingredients and the nutrition info.

Thanks for this info, Kent. I never did know I could do that. I'm so glad to know that I don't have to try to catch the recipes off the video anymore. I just cut and pasted this recipe into my computer.

BTW, I really do appreciate all the time and effort you take to provide these videos. Some of them are recipes I've read and even saved from LindaSue and Jennifer, etc. but I really like seeing exactly how they are put together - it makes me more likely to want to try them if I see someone preparing them. And...congratulations on your 211 lbs weight loss!

Linny 03-22-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowulf (Post 14014933)
Thanks -- just a heads up on my recipe videos, if you expand the video description at the bottom of the video, I always try to list the ingredients and the nutrition info. Here it is the for the video in question:
Ingredients:
4 Large Poblano Peppers, Broiled, skin removed
1.5 pounds Ground Beef (85%/15%)
1 TBS Taco Seasoning (see recipe below)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Salsa
1 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese
1/4 cup diced tomatoes (optional)

1. Brown Ground Beef, Drain, and add Taco Seasoning
2. Roast Peppers on Top Shelf under broiler, rotating every 2-3 minutes
3. Add Salsa, Cream, and Cheese to ground beef, and heat until cheese is melted.
4. Remove Peppers from Oven, and peel loosened skin off peppers. Remove Stem core and seeds from inside.
5. Add meat mixture to roasted peppers, and cover with 1-2 oz of Shredded Cheese
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Makes 4 servings.

THANK YOU bunches for posting your ingredients...... I am totally in love with Poblano Peppers so cannot wait to make this soon.

pocahontas 03-22-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 14010019)

This is exactly what I did with the last stuffed poblanos I made. Gonna try your recipe with ground beef YUM!

MsWoods 03-22-2013 03:00 PM

This sounds so good.

buttoni 03-22-2013 06:24 PM

Mmmm. these sound GOOD! Glad this got bumped up!