Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Table Cream Fudge w/Pic (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/687529-table-cream-fudge-w-pic.html)

Beeb 08-18-2010 08:27 AM

Table Cream Fudge w/Pic

Here is my recipe with tweaks from the Table Cream Fudge Recipe. This is TOO DIE FOR and a little goes a long way to satisfaction! If you don't have the Protein Powder for this tweaked recipe, Lisa suggested unflavored gelatin to do the trick of firming this up.

Table Cream Fudge

2 cans (7.6 oz each ) Nestle Table Cream Chilled
6 Tbsp of sugar sub. of your choice
3 oz Sugar - free Milk Chocolate--broken into pieces
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa of choice
2 tsp vanilla
2 scoops unflavored (or flavored) Protein Powder
10 almonds or nuts of choice, chopped (optional)

Chill the cans of cream in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Carefully drain all the liquid from each of the cans of chilled cream. Put the remaining solid cream in a heavy stainless sauce pan. Add the sweetener and stir.
Over medium heat, bring to boil.
Boil, stirring constantly, for 7 minutes. You may need to lower the heat during cooking, also.
Just stir continually to prevent scorching.

Remove from heat immediately and add:
Milk Chocolate pieces and stir until melted.
Add the cocoa 1 Tbsp at a time, stirring until incorporated after each addition.
Stir in vanilla.
Stir in Protein Powder
Stir in nuts (if using)

Grease a 5" X 7" pan (or approximately this size) with cooking spray or lightly with butter
Pour cooked fudge into the pan spreading fudge with a spatula to cover bottom of pan. Try to make spread as even as possible for uniform pieces when cut after chilled
Chill for 3 or 4 hours. Cut into 30 small pieces (or larger if you prefer) and enjoy!!

Store, covered, in fridge. I put mine in a zip lock baggie.

This is the Nutritional Facts for 30 pieces: (*NOTE: I use Protein Powder with 2 carbs per scoop so if you are using PP with less or the gelatin your carb count will be lower)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Serving

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 31
Calories 37

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.39g 5%
Saturated Fat 1.795g 9%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.067g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.178g
Cholesterol 7mg 2%
Sodium 9mg 0%
Potassium 12mg
Total Carbohydrate 1.31g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
Sugars 0.16g
Protein 0.79g

Net Carbs: 0.81g

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL183.../390968630.jpg

dawnyama 08-18-2010 01:43 PM

Oh wow!!! That looks scrumptious!! Thanks for posting. I was going to try this the original way, but now I can try your tweaked version. That is after I get the "table cream" at the store this weekend!! Thanks again!!

pooticus 08-18-2010 01:49 PM

What is Nestle table cream? Looks beautiful.

TIA

Charski 08-18-2010 01:51 PM

Linda, that looks really good!

So "6 Tbsp of sugar sub. of your choice " - does that mean the equivalent to 6 Tbsp sugar??

maru2 08-18-2010 07:49 PM

wow less than 1 carb per piece? I wish I would have seen this before I went to the store today. As soon as I get the table cream I am definitely going to try this. thanks for posting this Linda.

wanda

Beeb 08-18-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 13804129)
Linda, that looks really good!

So "6 Tbsp of sugar sub. of your choice " - does that mean the equivalent to 6 Tbsp sugar??

The original recipe said 5 Tbsp of sugar sub to equal 2 1/2 cups sugar. This did not make sense to me so I started with the 5 Tbsp, tasted and then decided 1 more Tbsp would do the trick and it did. I used Diabetesweet for mine but for no other reason then it was the first one that I got out of cabinet! ;)

Beeb 08-18-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 13804123)
What is Nestle table cream? Looks beautiful.

TIA

It is called Media Crema Table Cream by Nestle and you can find it either where the condensed milk is sold or in the ethic foods section with the Mexican stuff. It is like condensed milk but not sweetened and low in carbs.

fourstubbs 08-18-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 13802854)
Here is my recipe with tweaks from the Table Cream Fudge Recipe. This is TOO DIE FOR and a little goes a long way to satisfaction! If you don't have the Protein Powder for this tweaked recipe, Lisa suggested unflavored gelatin to do the trick of firming this up.

Table Cream Fudge

2 cans (7.6 oz each ) Nestle Table Cream Chilled
6 Tbsp of sugar sub. of your choice
3 oz Sugar - free Milk Chocolate--broken into pieces
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa of choice
2 tsp vanilla
2 scoops unflavored (or flavored) Protein Powder
10 almonds or nuts of choice, chopped (optional)

Chill the cans of cream in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Carefully drain all the liquid from each of the cans of chilled cream. Put the remaining solid cream in a heavy stainless sauce pan. Add the sweetener and stir.
Over medium heat, bring to boil.
Boil, stirring constantly, for 7 minutes. You may need to lower the heat during cooking, also.
Just stir continually to prevent scorching.

Remove from heat immediately and add:
Milk Chocolate pieces and stir until melted.
Add the cocoa 1 Tbsp at a time, stirring until incorporated after each addition.
Stir in vanilla.
Stir in Protein Powder
Stir in nuts (if using)

Grease a 5" X 7" pan (or approximately this size) with cooking spray or lightly with butter
Pour cooked fudge into the pan spreading fudge with a spatula to cover bottom of pan. Try to make spread as even as possible for uniform pieces when cut after chilled
Chill for 3 or 4 hours. Cut into 30 small pieces (or larger if you prefer) and enjoy!!

Store, covered, in fridge. I put mine in a zip lock baggie.

This is the Nutritional Facts for 30 pieces: (*NOTE: I use Protein Powder with 2 carbs per scoop so if you are using PP with less or the gelatin your carb count will be lower)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Serving

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 31
Calories 37

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.39g 5%
Saturated Fat 1.795g 9%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.067g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.178g
Cholesterol 7mg 2%
Sodium 9mg 0%
Potassium 12mg
Total Carbohydrate 1.31g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
Sugars 0.16g
Protein 0.79g

Net Carbs: 0.81g

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL183.../390968630.jpg

BEEB: I'M DROOLING OVER HERE!!!! Next trip to Walmart..get some table creme...:)

mac24312 08-19-2010 09:50 AM

I have got to try this soon..

Going to HOP to the store tomorrow to get some Table cream...I checked mine and it was out of date!:annoyed:

Hop means on my left foot..
I stressed fractured my right one a little over 3 weeks ago...:down:

Charski 08-19-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 13805156)
The original recipe said 5 Tbsp of sugar sub to equal 2 1/2 cups sugar. This did not make sense to me so I started with the 5 Tbsp, tasted and then decided 1 more Tbsp would do the trick and it did. I used Diabetesweet for mine but for no other reason then it was the first one that I got out of cabinet! ;)

OK, I get it now - so whatever sweetener you use in this you want it to be equal to 2.5 cups of sugar. :cool: Thanks!

Beeb 08-19-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 13807138)
OK, I get it now - so whatever sweetener you use in this you want it to be equal to 2.5 cups of sugar. :cool: Thanks!

If a sweetener measures like sugar, say Splenda, I would NOT use 2.5 cups at all. It was very sweet with just the 6 Tbsp I used of the Diabetesweet and that measure cup for cup like sugar.

What do you think, Char? :confused:

Beeb 08-19-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac24312 (Post 13806792)
I have got to try this soon..

Going to HOP to the store tomorrow to get some Table cream...I checked mine and it was out of date!:annoyed:

Hop means on my left foot..
I stressed fractured my right one a little over 3 weeks ago...:down:

Feel better, my friend! :aprayer:

alex57 08-19-2010 12:48 PM

I made this yesterday and wound up with very soft fudge. It didn't harden at all. Was very difficult to drain off all the liquid in the table cream so perhaps this caused the problem. May need to cook longer next time.

For sweetener I used 1/8 teas. stevia (I believe that equals 1/2 c.) plus 1/4 c. xylitol.... if I remember rightly. Was sweet enough to me. I used 2 scoops of Jay Robb vanilla protein powder.

It tastes good even tho' I eat it with a spoon.

lisabinil 08-19-2010 01:08 PM

Just add a pkt of Knox gelatin it should firm things up.

Beeb 08-19-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex57 (Post 13807463)
I made this yesterday and wound up with very soft fudge. It didn't harden at all. Was very difficult to drain off all the liquid in the table cream so perhaps this caused the problem. May need to cook longer next time.

For sweetener I used 1/8 teas. stevia (I believe that equals 1/2 c.) plus 1/4 c. xylitol.... if I remember rightly. Was sweet enough to me. I used 2 scoops of Jay Robb vanilla protein powder.

Cooking it the WHOLE 7 minutes is the key to this recipe and it's got to reduce. I, too could not get all the water from the can, but it didn't matter I think because I really reduced the cream going the whole 7 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabinil (Post 13807528)
Just add a pkt of Knox gelatin it should firm things up.

This sounds like a good idea, Lisa! Thanks!

Charski 08-19-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 13807277)
If a sweetener measures like sugar, say Splenda, I would NOT use 2.5 cups at all. It was very sweet with just the 6 Tbsp I used of the Diabetesweet and that measure cup for cup like sugar.

What do you think, Char? :confused:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too, Linda, since Diabetisweet supposedly measures like sugar - and 6 tablespoons is a far cry from 2.5 CUPS! :laugh:

I'll try it your way first! ;) :cool:

alex57 08-19-2010 08:27 PM

I did cook it the whole 7 minutes.. actually about a minute longer. Next time I'll do just half a recipe and make sure that it has reduced enough.

Tried the knox suggestion, Lisabinil but it didn't help to firm it. Still tastes good however so will eat it with a spoon.

lisabinil 08-19-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex57 (Post 13808641)
I did cook it the whole 7 minutes.. actually about a minute longer. Next time I'll do just half a recipe and make sure that it has reduced enough.

Tried the knox suggestion, Lisabinil but it didn't help to firm it. Still tastes good however so will eat it with a spoon.

Guess we'll have to call it Table Cream Spoon Fudge :laugh:

Beeb 08-19-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabinil (Post 13808648)
Guess we'll have to call it Table Cream Spoon Fudge :laugh:

:stars::hyst::rofl:

Beeb 08-19-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex57 (Post 13807463)

I'm wondering if the Jay Robb has a different "setting" point for this judge than the Designer Whey that I use? Hmmm, didn't MsWoods say something about this in her "whey not" thread? :confused:

Grace 08-21-2010 07:47 AM

I had absolutely no liquid to drain from my chilled table cream. I don't know why but I sure didn't. Where's the liquid supposed to be? Is it like making yocheese from yogurt where you are supposed to let it sit and water drain out? I went ahead and made the fudge and it tastes wonderful but it's soft still - not runny but soft - but it's only been in the frig an hour so I don't know if it's going to cut or be spoon fudge! Either way it'll be enjoyed.

NutinHonie 08-21-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 13805166)
It is called Media Crema Table Cream by Nestle and you can find it either where the condensed milk is sold or in the ethic foods section with the Mexican stuff. It is like condensed milk but not sweetened and low in carbs.

I had never heard of Table Cream before! This is something I definitely need to be on the look-out for.

Kaimi2008 08-21-2010 08:12 AM

*subscribed*

Beeb 08-21-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace (Post 13812620)
I had absolutely no liquid to drain from my chilled table cream. I don't know why but I sure didn't. Where's the liquid supposed to be? Is it like making yocheese from yogurt where you are supposed to let it sit and water drain out? I went ahead and made the fudge and it tastes wonderful but it's soft still - not runny but soft - but it's only been in the frig an hour so I don't know if it's going to cut or be spoon fudge! Either way it'll be enjoyed.

I'm not understanding why so many are having trouble with this firming up.:confused: I had that problem BEFORE I decided to add the PP. When I added the PP it got to be the perfect consistency. I really think it depends on the PP we use.

Just an guess.:dunno:

mac24312 08-21-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 13812828)
I'm not understanding why so many are having trouble with this firming up.:confused: I had that problem BEFORE I decided to add the PP. When I added the PP it got to be the perfect consistency. I really think it depends on the PP we use.

Just an guess.:dunno:

I am going to use the same products you do in this Linda and see how it turn out tomorrow.

Got my table cream in the fridge now chilling..

Was going to fix it today but I have been on my ankle too long today...

Will let you all know how it turn out...;)

blueangel 08-21-2010 10:09 AM

The calorie count posted here does not appear to be correct.

The lable on my Nestle table cream indicates that each can is 600 cals (40 cals/tablespoon x 15) so 2 cans alone would be 1200 cals. That's before adding in all the other ingredients and dividing by 30 servings. How did you calculate the calories? Are they less because you drained the liquid out of the cream?

Beeb 08-21-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueangel (Post 13812956)
The lable on my Nestle table cream indicates that each can is 600 cals (40 cals/tablespoon x 15) so 2 cans alone would be 1200 cals. That's before adding in all the other ingredients and dividing by 30 servings. How did you calculate the calories? Are they less because you drained the liquid out of the cream?

OMG.........I forgot to say I did 1/2 of this recipe and that is how I got the Net Facts! I'M SO SORRY ALL. Recipe as written would make 60 pieces for the same amount of Calories and Carbs listed in the recipe I posted!

So sorry again.......:doh::blush::notwrthy:

mac24312 08-21-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 13813451)
OMG.........I forgot to say I did 1/2 of this recipe and that is how I got the Net Facts! I'M SO SORRY ALL. Recipe as written would make 60 pieces for the same amount of Calories and Carbs listed in the recipe I posted!

So sorry again.......:doh::blush::notwrthy:

Beeb...ok..

What size pan do I use then? 13 x 9 for the full one?;)

Jennifer Eloff 08-21-2010 04:35 PM

Looks delicious, Linda. I love table cream. I made a few things with it, but these days I can't source it. I might try the Kosher store here as it is one place I have not looked.

lisabinil 08-21-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutinHonie (Post 13812646)
I had never heard of Table Cream before! This is something I definitely need to be on the look-out for.

Walgreens and Walmart have this in my area-you might check there or a Hispanic grocery.