Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Hollandaise (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/684937-hollandaise.html)

CindyM75 07-28-2010 07:28 PM

Hollandaise

What can you eat it with?

What does it taste like?

Charski 07-28-2010 07:38 PM

It's a rich lemony/buttery sauce that is great on eggs Benedict, broccoli, asparagus, oysters Rockefeller, grilled salmon, or just out of a spoon!

I love the stuff.

This is my tried and true:

BLENDER HOLLANDAISE SAUCE

3 egg yolks
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 c. butter

Put egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in blender jar. Heat butter in small pan until bubbly. Do not burn. Cover blender and whirl at high speed for 2 or 3 seconds. Remove center section of cover or entire cover and at high speed pour in hot butter in a thin, steady stream. It will take about 30 seconds. Don't use residue in pan.

Leftover Hollandaise may be kept refrigerated in a tightly covered jar 2 or 3 days. Don't let it stand around in warm temperature. To re-use, heat in top of double boiler over barely simmering water and stir constantly.

CindyM75 07-28-2010 07:43 PM

I have to try this. Sounds delicious. I need something to serve over my poached eggs so I don't become bored with them.

lisabinil 07-28-2010 08:11 PM

Add tarragon and you have Bernaise sauce-delicious over beef.

micki641 07-28-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyM75 (Post 13738323)
I have to try this. Sounds delicious. I need something to serve over my poached eggs so I don't become bored with them.

If you put a warmed slice (I like mine almost 1/4 in thick) of Canadian Bacon on a plate, top it with some wilted baby spinach, the poached egg, and heavily drizzle some hollandaise sauce over the top, you will be in heaven, I promise :love:

Michelle

CindyM75 07-29-2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micki641 (Post 13738710)
If you put a warmed slice (I like mine almost 1/4 in thick) of Canadian Bacon on a plate, top it with some wilted baby spinach, the poached egg, and heavily drizzle some hollandaise sauce over the top, you will be in heaven, I promise :love:

Michelle

I'll try that either today or tomorrow...I can't wait :)

mizski 07-29-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micki641 (Post 13738710)

Heavenly is right. :love: That is my usual order when eating out for breakfast. Also good with asparagus instead of the spinach.

Charski 07-29-2010 07:33 AM

Our local restaurant, the Cookhouse, does Cookhouse Eggs Benedict - they use smoked pulled pork (I get mine no English muffin of course) and the eggs on that and then they add some chipotle to the hollandaise and top the eggs - OH MOMMA! They are so GOOOOD!

jo2621 07-29-2010 07:58 AM

If need a quick hollandaise like sauce: Put a saucepan over low heat or in a small double boiler. Put in a glob of some good quality mayo with a dash of cayenne or teeny bit of ground mustard. Whisk in fresh lemon juice until it is saucelike. Keep whisking until warmed thru.

It is delish on vegetables and salmon and/or poached eggs.
My MIL uses this with asparagus and ham.

CreekWatcher 07-29-2010 09:44 AM

I've always found fried egg, bacon and mayo sandwhiches (or even just fried eggs, without the bacon) really good, and now I make it with Kevinpa yeast bread toast. I'll have to try putting mayo on the bread and this over the eggs.

dartstar1 07-29-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisabinil (Post 13738395)

It's great over pork, and chicken too I make the Bernaise for my eggs benny's I LOVE Tarragon

Its me - WENDALINA 08-02-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

about how much? this sounds like a great idea for my beef tenderloin...mmmmmm

LunaAshling 08-03-2010 11:59 PM

I actually love the sauce cold too the next day. I dont reheat it. Awesome to dip cold chicken in! :cool:

flatferenghi 08-04-2010 04:59 AM

i hear that...

Holland Nights are not bad either. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Its me - WENDALINA 08-05-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatferenghi (Post 13758041)
Holland Nights are not bad either. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

:rofl::hyst::p:hyst::rofl:

WendyK1974 08-05-2010 03:53 PM

What can't you eat Hollandaise with? It's absolutely delicious. :cool:

MarcyDarcy 08-21-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

YUM! Bernaise sauce is great over venison too.

sorenkkg 01-24-2011 07:37 PM

I just wanted to add something I learned today-- why my blender hollandaise has been failing and how to fix it!

The butter has to be WICKED hot so that it cooks and thickens the eggs.

If it's not (here's my revelation today)-- put it in a pan over a pan of hot (not boiling) water-- double boiler is another term for this :)

Whisk until you get the thickness you want, and remove from heat. Mine took maybe a minute or 2. Easy-peasy as they say on food tv.

And I agree, it's great on everything, and I also like it cold (it sort of solidifies, but I'm ok with that).

I might make it my mission to find more and more things to eat Hollandaise with :D