Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Chicken Lazone-This is fabulous!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/681339-chicken-lazone-fabulous.html)

Ginaaaaaa 07-01-2010 07:43 PM

Chicken Lazone-This is fabulous!!!

This is so good! My family loves this dish. You'll want to drink the sauce, it's that good!! I found this recipe on recipezaar and always made this in my high carb days, and realized that it's already low carb. Try it, you will love it.

Chicken Lazone

SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Ingredients
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions

Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce.

verbqueen 07-01-2010 07:55 PM

Wow, that sounds great! I'd have made it tonight if I'd seen it in time!

It's going on my list!

LindaSue 07-02-2010 08:55 AM

Gina, do you remove the chicken from the pan before you make the sauce? It seems like the chicken might get overcooked if you leave it in since it has already been cooking for 7-8 minutes.

Ginaaaaaa 07-02-2010 09:15 AM

Linda, it depends on how thick the chicken is. I usually just leave it in the pan because I don't let the sauce reduce, I just let it get real warm because I like a lot of the yummy sauce. If your afraid of drying out the chicken you can always remove it then put it back in, it doesn't really matter. I love this recipe, not only is it easy but it has so much flavor with just a few ingredients.

dollkey 07-02-2010 09:45 AM

sounds really good! thanks!

FiveTen 07-02-2010 10:03 AM

Sounds yummy....might have to reduce the chili powder though so it's not too spicy for my kiddos.

CarolynF 07-02-2010 12:44 PM

I need to try this..Have to make sure my "powders" are fresh, though.

I would do this with chicken tenders or I cut up the boneless pieces if they are too big..

Thanks so much.

KellBell1234 07-02-2010 02:11 PM

Yum! This sounds really good!

translationmx 07-02-2010 07:17 PM

Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing :)

dollkey 07-03-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 13651789)
I need to try this..Have to make sure my "powders" are fresh, though.

I would do this with chicken tenders or I cut up the boneless pieces if they are too big..

Thanks so much.

I think I would do the same. I am so not a fan of chicken breasts, I'm more of a dark meat person. I love the thighs and wings. But DH is all for white meat :laugh: Maybe I can use drumsticks for this?

LindaSue 07-03-2010 08:52 AM

I found a website that has a photo of the dish and it does look good. The guy's comment about the recipe struck me as funny though:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Hicks
First up is my new favorite dinner. It is not healthy, but it is good: Chicken Lazone.

http://www.deadlyfredly.com/wp-conte...61-400x265.jpg

CarolynF 07-03-2010 08:55 AM

LOL..LindaSue, that old Fred doesn't know what he is talking about, does he? It looks fabulous.

LindaSue 07-03-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 13653717)
LOL..LindaSue, that old Fred doesn't know what he is talking about, does he? It looks fabulous.

It looks like health food to me, LOL!

smataya 07-03-2010 09:20 AM

That sounds and looks delicious. It's going on the menu next week.

Kismet311 07-03-2010 09:26 AM

Could you use Half and Half? It does sound really good! I might have to increase the chili powder since I like everything overly spicy :)

CarolynF 07-03-2010 09:37 AM

If you used half and half, you might have to reduce it more as the sauce would be thinner..

Ginaaaaaa 07-03-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 13653806)
Could you use Half and Half? It does sound really good! I might have to increase the chili powder since I like everything overly spicy :)

You could use half and half, it won't be as thick and rich but it would still be good...maybe just let it reduce more and it would be thick. You can add some cayenne pepper for spice too. I don't find it too spicy with the amount of chili powder in the recipe.

This makes good leftovers too.. my daughter just finished the leftover noddles and sauce from the other night...lol. :up:

I guess I took my time posting on this, didn't see Carolyn's post above..lol

Kismet311 07-03-2010 09:51 AM

Thanks for the recipe. The picture is great too. If I didn't already have a fridge full of food to cook I'd go get some chicken today for dinner. What do you do for veggies? I was thinking peppers and onions would go good with this...or broccoli (you could pour the leftover sauce on the veggies?). I've gotten to the point where I can't look at a dish and not HAVE to see veggies with it LOL

Ginaaaaaa 07-03-2010 10:25 AM

I think snow peas, broccoli, green beans, sweet red bell pepper and mushrooms would go well with this. The sauce is so good I think anything would taste good with it...lol. I wanted to let people know that I have always used unsalted butter ( it's all I ever buy) for this, so I am not sure if this would be too salty with salted butter or not.

CarolynF 07-03-2010 10:41 AM

Oh..thanks for the unsalted butter tip..I do have some, Gina..If a person didn't have the unsalted butter, they would cut down on the salt.

cdilday 07-03-2010 03:25 PM

Lunch today!

This is a keeper!

Not being a huge fan of chili powder (but I love spicy foods!), I used 3/4 tsp chili powder and 3/4 tsp chipolte chili powder, so mine had a slightly smokey flavor. The "gravy" was delish!

This is one of those quick, easy, satisfying meals you could serve to unexpected (or expected) company. The unique flavors will make them think you spent hours in the kitchen rather than minutes.

Most veggies, (rice for non LCers), and a garden salad would compliment it. I had avocado with mine and liked its cool, nutty flavor with the smokey meat.

And easy cleanup, too! Thanks for posting this!

Ginaaaaaa 07-03-2010 06:34 PM

You are welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it!! This sure is the type of recipe that makes people think you worked really hard preparing, but is so easy. I love it as is, but you can also add some cayenne pepper to taste if you like a little heat.

Shimmer 07-05-2010 02:38 PM

This sounds wonderful...and looks wonderful, too! Common ingredients, I can make this right away!

wishbone 07-05-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 13653730)
It looks like health food to me, LOL!

I think I'll make this health food next week...:hyst:

Kismet311 07-05-2010 03:19 PM

I'm making this tonight!

cdilday 07-05-2010 06:57 PM

I just finished having a leftover chicken breast with gravy for my dinner. This is still just as yummy (maybe yummier) reheated after 2 days in the frig.

Kismet311 07-05-2010 07:08 PM

Ok, I made it! It was very good. I only had 3 chicken breasts so I cut them in half (i'm always afraid of cooking huge pieces of chicken since they always end up pink inside)! So, I had 6 pieces of chicken and I added peppers and onions. The sauce came out really yummy and I was so glad I made extra so I could have leftovers. Then my husband came home and tasted it and liked it so he had some...there went my leftovers LOL Oh well, I guess I have to make more next time!

Mainelydeb 07-06-2010 06:18 AM

I made this a few nights ago and we had the leftovers last night which were just as yummy as the first time. Thank you so much for the recipe. I will definitely make this again....and again... and again!!!!

dollkey 07-06-2010 10:48 PM

OMG! Just made this. It's sooooooo good! The cream kinda turned into a delicious cheese sauce.

Ginaaaaaa 07-07-2010 10:05 AM

I'm so happy to see so many are trying this recipe and loving it as much as I do!! It makes my mouth water just reading about it..LOL. As others have said you might want to make extra because it does make awesome leftovers. Now I am making myself hungry!!