Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   TWEAKING THE ONE MINUTE MUFFIN (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/679369-tweaking-one-minute-muffin.html)

Lash 06-16-2010 03:39 PM

TWEAKING THE ONE MINUTE MUFFIN

So, today I couldn't face one more day of bacon and eggs, so I dug out the recipe for the 1 minute muffin. Not bad, but not great. It kind of tasted like a bad healthy muffin.

So....just wondering, what have some of you done to make it a little more palatable. I think I saw that some people added pumpkin to it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

gina1 06-16-2010 04:02 PM

I cut mine in half and toast it. I put cream cheese or sugar free maple syrup on it. I don't love them, but its o.k. for a change.

Tyl 06-16-2010 04:03 PM

i think it tastes great with almond flour instead of flax (or even half almond flour)

add some extract and bam. delish!

ChristiansMom 06-16-2010 04:08 PM

I have messed around with it until I found one that I love. It's not for everyone but this is my favorite version:

Chocolate Chip OMM

1/4 cup Almond Meal/Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Splenda
1 Egg
2 Tbsp. Butter; melted
2 tsp. Torani SF Vanilla Syrup
2 piece of Dove SF Chocolate

I get my favorite fat mug.
Mix the flour, splenda and baking powder in the mug until well blended.
Melt butter in microwave then add in the syrup to the butter.
In a separate bowl, I whip the egg well - then slowly drizzle in the butter/syrup mixture while continuing to whip the eggs.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture (in the mug) and mix well with a fork.
It should now look and smell like vanilla batter.
I chop up the dove into tiny pieces and fold into the batter.
Microwave for 1 minute 20 second to 1 minute 30 seconds.

I like this served warm (not hot) so I put the mug in the freezer for a little bit to let it cool down a bit and settle. Then I put some whipped topping on top and enjoy.
It is by far, my favorite OMM.

Knittering 06-16-2010 04:13 PM

I don't love them either, Gina, but I guess that's what makes it safe for me to have them in the house. :)
I top mine with a little mashed-up raspberries or strawberries. Or add some lemon SF jello to whipped cream and add a dollop of that to the top when I want a little treat.

drjlocarb 06-16-2010 05:22 PM

I do half carbquick. I like them alot better. TOAST!!

ravenrose 06-16-2010 05:27 PM

the first thing is USE SOME SALT. every time I forget the salt I think, no wonder people don't like these!

flax muffins are the highlight of my gustatory day. I make a different flavor every day, mostly with DaVinci or Torani sf syrups, but sometimes with flavorings and separate sweetener. Add ins are cocoa, coconut, walnuts, pecans, almonds, cream cheese filling, or cream cheese frosting. I make them in a silicone muffin pan, and for the 6 muffins (recipe based on 6 Tablespoons flaxmeal) I also add 3 oz. of shredded zucchini or other squash and 3/4 scoop of unflavored whey protein isolate.

almond meal is great tasting, but the point for me is the flax, so forget that. carbquick is pretty much useless nutritionally and high calorie. I know everyone has different goals here with the muffins, not criticizing those who use those things, just saying for me, it needs to be flax. it keeps me regular!

hauermich 06-16-2010 06:00 PM

I make the batter and fry in butter in a non stick pan.....the outside gets golden and crispy. tatses very different than the microwaved version. Sometimes I spread cream cheese on it to eat and sometimes I use it to make a sandwich. You can also eat it like a pancake with SF syrup.

Michele

jlatislaw 06-16-2010 07:13 PM

Now I have some reasons to try these again. Wasn't too fond of the original recipe :down:

LJB 06-16-2010 07:31 PM

I am not a fan of the sweet ones so I add garlic and Italian seasoning to mine. I refrigerate a few to make them firm and I'm able to toast or grill.

CarolynF 06-16-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristiansMom (Post 13599897)
I have messed around with it until I found one that I love. It's not for everyone but this is my favorite version:

Chocolate Chip OMM

1/4 cup Almond Meal/Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Splenda
1 Egg
2 Tbsp. Butter; melted
2 tsp. Torani SF Vanilla Syrup
2 piece of Dove SF Chocolate

I get my favorite fat mug.
Mix the flour, splenda and baking powder in the mug until well blended.
Melt butter in microwave then add in the syrup to the butter.
In a separate bowl, I whip the egg well - then slowly drizzle in the butter/syrup mixture while continuing to whip the eggs.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture (in the mug) and mix well with a fork.
It should now look and smell like vanilla batter.
I chop up the dove into tiny pieces and fold into the batter.
Microwave for 1 minute 20 second to 1 minute 30 seconds.

I like this served warm (not hot) so I put the mug in the freezer for a little bit to let it cool down a bit and settle. Then I put some whipped topping on top and enjoy.
It is by far, my favorite OMM.

This sounds very good..I think you could also put in some blueberries instead of the chocolate and see what happens..

lighterbeing 06-16-2010 08:20 PM

I grind up 1/4 cup almond in the coffee mill, leave it a bit chunky. Add the same amount of flax, use a large egg or 2 regular size ones, and 2 T butter. Salt, cinnamon, splenda and truvia with baking soda. A splash heavy cream if it is too dry. Love them with cream cheese on top, it tastes so much life the grainy bread that I miss so much.

SmileySue 06-16-2010 09:21 PM

I've been known to add cocoa....orange/cardamom is good and one of my very favorites is lemon poppyseed.

I also use the OMM's as "bread" for a grilled cheese sammie.

I don't really care for them straight out of the microwave, but toasted....yummmmm.

JKat 06-17-2010 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmileySue (Post 13600841)
I've been known to add cocoa....orange/cardamom is good and one of my very favorites is lemon poppyseed.

I also use the OMM's as "bread" for a grilled cheese sammie.

I don't really care for them straight out of the microwave, but toasted....yummmmm.

How do you make it for a grilled cheese? Do you use a special dish in the microwave?

ChristiansMom 06-17-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauermich (Post 13600318)
I make the batter and fry in butter in a non stick pan.....the outside gets golden and crispy. tatses very different than the microwaved version. Sometimes I spread cream cheese on it to eat and sometimes I use it to make a sandwich. You can also eat it like a pancake with SF syrup.

Michele

Oooh I'm going to try this with my recipe but as Chocolate Chip or Blueberry or Banana Nut Pancakes! Yum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 13600668)
This sounds very good..I think you could also put in some blueberries instead of the chocolate and see what happens..

Yes! I bet they would be so good!

SmileySue 06-17-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKat (Post 13601026)
How do you make it for a grilled cheese? Do you use a special dish in the microwave?

I use a glass rectangular baking dish - use savory spices, maybe a bit of broth if it needs to be thinned out a bit. Just be sure to watch it because it's a lot thinner in this type of a pan and you don't have to microwave it as long. Start with a minute and add as needed.

JKat 06-18-2010 08:49 AM

Thank Sue I am going to try it.

SkeeterN 06-18-2010 10:40 AM

I make them with almond flour only. Don't make them extremely sweet just a little. Nuke them for just a minute or so or till they are not gooey. Turn it out onto a cutting board and cut it in half. I put the two slices into my toaster oven. These are really good with cream cheese/sf strawberry jam, butter and cinnamon with splenda,

tulipsandroses 06-18-2010 03:33 PM

I only like Chocolate Flax Muffins. Tried other ways and this is the only way I like it.
I do half flax and half hazelnut flour, 2-3 teaspoons cocoa powder, sweetener,vanilla, butter and I'm good to go

crenita 08-30-2010 08:06 AM

Anyone have the recipe to make like 6 of these at a time ? and if so do you do them in the microwave or oven.
I have this nice silicone muffin baking pan.. would be great to do 6 at a time

Any ideas on the measurements ?????

charlielou 08-30-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crenita (Post 13841871)
Anyone have the recipe to make like 6 of these at a time ? and if so do you do them in the microwave or oven.
I have this nice silicone muffin baking pan.. would be great to do 6 at a time

Any ideas on the measurements ?????

I too have been thinking about this. I am planning on tripling the recipe for 6 regular size muffins (MIMs are huge) then one muffin would give the allowed 2T of flax on induction.

crenita 08-30-2010 11:52 AM

hOW long would you cook them ?

Microwave or Oven ???

SummerAnne 08-31-2010 07:07 PM

Salt! Makes sense! I HATE these thing things sweet, but like it savory and spread in a bread pan for sandwich bread, and I always add a quick grind of sea salt. Will have to give them another try sweet with a touch of salt.

maru2 08-31-2010 10:17 PM

Dry ingredients:
2 tbsp golden flax
2 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup pecans
2 tbsp of sweetener ( I used Zsweet and Diabetisweet)

Wet ingredients:
1 egg
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon extract
Pinch of lemon zest

Mix wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients. I then pored it into a 6 inch round corning ware bowl spayed with non stick buttered flavored spray, covered it with plastic wrap slit with a knife and microwaved for 2 minutes, turn out on wire rack to cool.

Sometimes I make a chocolate one, I use a tbsp of cocoa and a tbsp of Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup and vanilla extract.
Or if I have sweet potato left over I use a tbsp of that and 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
I've also added a tbsp of peanut butter and they are very good too.
If you're not making a sweet one, leave out the sweet ingredients and add 1 extra tbsp of flax. I slice it into 3 or 4 pieces toast and butter, top with Polaner strawberry sugar free preserves with fiber. That is the best preserves I have ever had!

sassy_red 09-01-2010 08:51 AM

I actually like the flax muffins by themselves (with 2 packets of Splenda, one in the mix and another on top of the muffin like a "crust") but lately I've been adding in about 2-3T Greek yogurt (sweetened/mixed with a packet of splenda) instead of using butter, then putting a dollop of either sweetened or plain yogurt in the middle. Comes out more like a bread pudding (aka, a bit on the softer side) especially in the middle. I usually eat it right out of the coffee cup I use with a fork. Probably not to everyone's liking but I'm a sucker for it. :up:

I'll have to try frying it in a pan of butter like was suggested above. The idea of a flax pancake sounds heavenly! :cool:

jlp2009 09-10-2010 05:29 AM

Most versatile recipe you will ever find! You can sub 1/4 to 1/3 c. of any dry ingredients depending on your taste.
I wanted something to toast for BLT that didn't taste like an omelette and I can't do flax so I used 2 Tb. carbquick or carbalose, 2 tb. almond flour, and 1 tb. coconut flour (sometimes I use plain whey but this makes for a finer, softer texture), add a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1 large egg, about 4 drops of liquid stevia, and 1 tsp of bacon grease (or butter or coconut oil depending on taste).
I bake this in a rectangular plastic container (I think its a 26 oz container, not sure, but you can experiment for the shape you like)for 1 min. in the microwave. Sliced it in half lengthwise, and wha lah, 2 slices of bread that's big enough for a sandwich!
It toasts up nice but a bit flimsy so hang on tight! LOL

CharlestonChickade 01-03-2011 06:26 PM

Wow Hauermich - this is a great, great, great alternative to the microwave version! I fried mine in a little olive oil and spread a little warmed cream cheese on top. YUM! Clean up was a lot easier too. It made two pretty good size "pancakes" following the basic recipe for a one coffee-cup size muffin. Thanks for sharing!!

rosethorns 01-03-2011 07:13 PM

There are a hundred ways to make these. Have fun.

rosethorns 01-03-2011 07:20 PM

Here are some that are great:

always use Golden Flax!

My favorite muffin recipe:
(I double this recipe and still make 12 large muffins with it)

3 eggs
1/4 cup vanilla davinci's
1/4 cup cooking oil plus 2 T.
2T. water
2T. Cinnamon (amount is correct)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup golden flaxmeal

Beat eggs and other wet ingredients well. Add dry, mix to combine. Let the batter sit for about 5 mins. Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins, bake @ 350- for 12ish minutes... I overbake mine slightly... they are almost crunch when they first come out but then soften up a little bit - I eat these over a course of like 4-5 days so I dont like them to turn to total mush.

I got this recipe from Macattaz (Lisa)

This is from Tooter:

FLAXSEED MUFFINS

6 Tablespoons melted butter
3 large eggs
1/4 Cup Whipping Cream
1/2 Cup sweetener, Splenda bulk
1 Tablespoon flavoring, maple
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
3/4 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Cup Flax Seed Meal
1/4 Cup almond flour OR soy flour, Bob's Red Mill
4 Ounces chopped walnuts -- optional

Preheat oven to 375F.

Beat first 3 ingredients together, then add Splenda, maple and vanilla. Mix the cinnamon and remaining ingredients and add to above.

Put into 12 paper cupcake liners in a muffin tin, or panspray/oil, and bake for about 15-20 minutes. (mine were done in 15)

(Can double the recipe, and get about 18-20 good size muffins, filling the muffin cups about 3/4 full. Can fill the muffin tins to the top and get about 9 larger muffins. These are really good and have lots of fiber. About 4 carbs per muffin but over 3 carbs fiber. Black walnuts, if you can get them, list 4 grams carbs but 2 grams fiber for the 4 oz....
Other flavorings to try: instead of maple flavor - use banana or pineapple. Unsweetened coconut also tastes great.

These freeze well.

----------------------------------

Three min microwave bread

INGREDIENTS:
1/8 cup almond flour (almond meal)
1/8 cup Ground Flaxseed/Flax meal
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
a "pinch" of bulk splenda
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 egg

I make this in a 2 cup plastic, square, Tubberware container. You can experiment and use different shaped ones.

METHOD:
Melt butter in plastic container. Beat in egg. add dry ingredients. Mix throughly with a fork. Cover cup with glad wrap, cut a small slit in wrap. Microwave on high for about 1 minute 30 secs. Microwaves may vary. Check on it. Do not over cook.

This is not like the flaxseed muffins, this is a "bread". You could use it as a sandwich or just to go with a meal. Not bad (my fav is the muffins) but this is WAY better then any mix recipe I have ever tried. The texture is like a fluffy bread. Sort of like a white fluffy bread with a corn meal taste to it, if that helps. I have made french toast out of this, Sandwiches, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches etc... ENJOY!

-----------------------
TOOTER'S CEREAL
Oatmeal/flaxseed/Pecan meal Creal

2 Tablespoons of Regular Oatmeal.
2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed.
2 Tablespoons Pecan meal
Pat of butter
Sweetner to taste.

I put the 2 tablespoons of the oatmeal in a bowl and add an excess amount of water. I then put it in the microwave until it boils and bubbles up (between 1 1/2 and 2 minutes)

Take it out of the microwave, put the pat of butter on it, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed, 2 tablespoons of Pecan meal and sweetner. Stir it up and it's ready to eat.

Just the 2 tablespoons of the Oatmeal really flavors the cereal. The Flaxseed is very filling and the pecan meal just compliments all the other flavors. Way less carbs then eating an entire bowl of Oatmeal, you still get that Oatmeal flavor and all the Wonderful benefits of flax.

I did not give measurements for the water. Some people like there cereal Thick, while others like it thinner. This is something you must experiment with yourself.

My Family LOVES This.

Tjhis is from Yummuy's Girl:

Here are some I copied and pasted that I had put into an old thread awhile back.

The pancake one is the best pancakes recipe I have tried, low carb, and I've tried several! This is, by fa,r my favorote!

Flax Pancakes

2 eggs slightly beaten
1 scoop (1/4 cup) vanilla whey powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp SF DaVinci syrup (I use vanilla)
1/4 cup Flaxmeal
dash of lite salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix ingredients well. Fry in butter or oil.
Makes 4 pancakes, 5 net carbs per recipe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some others: I havent tried them, yet. Maybe you can let us all know how they are if you try them. I don't recall the source for these.

Doreen's "Sourdough Rye" Rolls

Serving Size: 6

-= Ingredients =-

3 eggs + 1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 - 3 Tbsp water
4 tablespoons flaxmeal
3 tablespoons raw wheat bran
1 teaspoon crushed caraway seeds
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 packet SugarTwin ; (or 2 tsp bulk Splenda)

-= Instructions =-

- preheat oven to 500°
- separate eggs; sprinkle cream of tartar over whites, set aside.
- blend yolks with melted butter, vinegar and 2 Tbsp water, add flaxmeal, bran caraway seeds, onion powder, salt and sweetener. Batter may be stiff .. add up to an extra Tbsp water if it seems dry.
- using squeaky clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- fold yolk-flax mixture into whites, taking care not to overmix or break down the fluffy whites
- using a spatula or wooden spoon, make 6 high mounds on a Pam-sprayed baking sheet (I used a "muffin top" pan). Place in center of oven and immediately reduce heat to 300°. Bake for 15 min.
- reduce heat to 250°, bake an additional 15 min or till golden
- cool on rack, store in airtight container
- These flatten somewhat after cooling, but they can still be sliced in half without crumbling if you use a sharp knife.

Tomato, Onion and Garlic Flaxseed Crackers

-= Ingredients =-

2 cups ground flaxseed ; grind in blender
1 cup tomato powder
1/2 cup dried onion
1 tablespoon garlic powder

-= Instructions =-

Mix in a (rather large) bowl with a cup of whole flaxseed. Add
water and mix well, until it becomes the consistency of a thick cookie
dough. Cover and let rest in the frig overnight. Spread onto leather sheets. Spread out smoothly. At this point, the mix isvery stiff and not really sticky at all. Put in dryer (around 120-130) -takes 8-16 hrs to dry, depending on room conditions. Dry until crisp, then break into cracker size pieces.

You can do these in the oven with the door propped open, if you do not have a food dehydrator

This one came from these boards but like a goofball, I forgot to write down the name of the original poster. I hear these are very good

Cocoa Flax Cookies

Serving Size: 12

-= Ingredients =-

Cookie ; ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate or vanilla SF DaVinci
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon both baking powder and soda
3 heaping Tbsp baking cocoa
Frosting ; ingredients:
1/2 pkg cream cheese ; melted
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 packets or 1/3 C pourable Splenda

-= Instructions =-

Mix eggs, vanilla, DaVinci, and oil by hand. In a separate bowl, blend the flaxseed with the baking powder/soda. Combine dry ingredients with wet, mixing by hand. Fold in 2 heaping Tbsp cocoa to mixture and mix well. Once mixed, add the final heaping Tbsp cocoa to mixture, should be thick like cookie dough.

Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet (I used parchment paper). Place into preheated oven (350) and bake 9-12 minutes (mine were done after 9 minutes). (Makes 12 - 15 cookies)

When cooled, add frosting

rosethorns 01-03-2011 07:31 PM

Here are some more;

Focaccia -Style Flax Bread

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups flax seed meal
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt ( I only used 1/2 tsp of salt)
1-2 T sweetening power from artificial sweetener ( I only used about 3/4 of a TBS as I don't like sweet breads.)
5 beaten eggs
1/2 C water
1/3 C oil
PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicon mat. ( I used a cake pan lined and rounded up all edges with parchment paper, only spraying the pan to keep the paper in place.)

1. Mix dry ingredients well - a whisk works well.

2. Add wet to dry, and combine well.
Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3. Let batter set for 2-3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)

4. Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5. Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.

6. Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife.

At 12 servings, each piece of bread has less than one gram of carbohydrate-.8 to be exact - plus 5 grams of fiber.

Tomato powder can be ordered through Azure Standard in Dufur Oregon.

Thanks for the great recipes. When I get my muffin top pans I will be making these flax sandwich buns:
1/2 cup plus 1 T flax meal
1/4 C grated parmesan
2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar equivalent
3 eggs
1 T water
2T oil
bake 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes in muffin top pans.

I just made some savory flax bread today that was pretty good. I took some of it and added celery, onion, sage, and water to make a stuffing to go with my baked turkey.

To make the savory bread I just added a handful of cheddar cheese, various herbs, garlic, and dried onion to the above bun recipe, but baked it in a loaf pan.

had this on another thread, but wanted to include it here...

I love these! I used a version of LindaSue's wonderful flax muffin batter, layered it with a delicious cinnamon streussal mixture and came up with these fantastic little gems!

Hope you like them as much as I do. Makes 12 muffins.

Muffin Batter
2 cups almond flour
1 cup golden flax meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 each Splenda quick pack
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 each eggs

Streussal
1 cup almond flour
8 each Splenda packet
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease silicon muffin pan with butter.

2. For streussal, combine almonds, Splenda, cinnamon & salt in food processor. Pulse until mixed well. Add small pieces of butter and process until it resembles a coarse meal. Set aside.

3. For muffin batter, in medium bowl stir together almond flour, flax, baking powder, salt, Splenda and cinnamon and whisk to blend. Add liquids, melted butter and eggs.

4. Put about 1 tbsp batter into each muffin cup. Flatten slightly with finger tips, as batter is thick. Place about a scant tablespoon of the streussal mix into each muffin cup, then top with the remaining batter, and finally the remaining streussal. Press the tops gently to adhere the streussal to the thick batter.

5. Bake about 20 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan for about 10-12 minutes, then gently remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.

had this on another thread, but wanted to include it here...

I love these! I used a version of LindaSue's wonderful flax muffin batter, layered it with a delicious cinnamon streussal mixture and came up with these fantastic little gems!

Hope you like them as much as I do. Makes 12 muffins.

Muffin Batter
2 cups almond flour
1 cup golden flax meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 each Splenda quick pack
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 each eggs

Streussal
1 cup almond flour
8 each Splenda packet
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease silicon muffin pan with butter.

2. For streussal, combine almonds, Splenda, cinnamon & salt in food processor. Pulse until mixed well. Add small pieces of butter and process until it resembles a coarse meal. Set aside.

3. For muffin batter, in medium bowl stir together almond flour, flax, baking powder, salt, Splenda and cinnamon and whisk to blend. Add liquids, melted butter and eggs.

4. Put about 1 tbsp batter into each muffin cup. Flatten slightly with finger tips, as batter is thick. Place about a scant tablespoon of the streussal mix into each muffin cup, then top with the remaining batter, and finally the remaining streussal. Press the tops gently to adhere the streussal to the thick batter.

5. Bake about 20 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan for about 10-12 minutes, then gently remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.

6 eggs
1/2 cup white chocolate davinci's
3/4 cup of Canola oil
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of Cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups flaxmeal
1/4 cup chopped jalapeņos
1/2 cup sharp cheddar

I just mix up the wet ingredients, then add the dry ingredients along with the cheese and jalapeņos. I bake them at 350 for around 16 - 17 minutes. The nutritional info on these is estimated per muffin, but fit day ready

Total carbs: 7.6 grams
Fiber: 6.7 grams
Net carbs: 0.9 grams
Calories: 227
Fat: 20 grams
protein: 8 grams

I really can't taste the jalapeņos in these, but I am using some that I have picked from my garden that are a little milder. I know the pepper gets spicier

I just made this "bun" type thing based on another recipe I found here on searching, and now I can't find it to give mad props to the original recipe creator. LOL It was a sweet muffin used for breakfast, but sometimes, I want something sort of savory for breakfast sandwiches, etc.

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (I'm wondering for a microwaved bread if this is necessary. I may try it without next time)
1/2 packet of Splenda
1 Egg
1-2 teaspoons of butter (1-2 pats or so...you could use more)
1 TBS of soy/whey protein powder - unflavored

Mix it all together until thoroughly blended. Spread evenly. (I mix and cook in the same grab-it bowl) Nuke for 50 seconds. I used a 15-oz microwaveable corningware grab-it bowl. I let it cool for a little bit, sliced it to make two slices of bread and then toasted it. This is a winner for a hamburger bun or for a breakfast sandwich. I'm going to make a couple ahead and put in baggies to toast in the morning.