Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
LC Wasa Cracker

This recipe was originally Posted by Soobee and here is what she did:
I use 1/2 fine wheat bran and 1/2 flax meal. Moisten with Davincis syrup. Spread on parchment or a silicone mat. Nuke for 3 minutes. If not crisp, turn it over, and nuke another minute. Very crisp, very delicious, very easy, slightly sweet.

I just made this tonight! This is what I did, tweaking the original recipe by Soobee:

*2 to 3 tbs DeVinci's Simple Syrup
*1/4 to 1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup flax meal

Mixed them all together until it had the texture of a firm oatmeal and then spread it on a silpat mat and in the microwave until it was nice and crispy! It took some time, I just kept testing it until it was crispy. I also turned it over half way through to get the underside crispy, too.
*(reason for the unsure measurements is because I just kept adding liquid until I got the right consistency, a little DeVinci's, a little egg water and so one, back and forth).

AMAZING TASTE AND TEXTURE! Thanks so much for the recipe Soobee!

It's a winner!! Here's a picture of it broken in pieces, ready to eat!! This piece is the size of a regular dinner plate. Net facts follow picture.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 serving

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 43
Calories 105

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 4.8g 7%
Saturated Fat 0.544g 3%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.654g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.044g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 95mg 4%
Potassium 172mg
Total Carbohydrate 9.49g 3%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Sugars 0.03g
Protein 10.08g

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
That looks really good, Beeb! I'm gonna try this soon.
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #3

Bumping for the newbies and anyone else who SHOULD try this and has not yet!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
wow, that looks great! Wonder if this would work if baked (not nuked) - I don't have a microwave.
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Would it work w/o the bran? (yes. yes I am challenged in the kitchen )
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
wow, that looks great! Wonder if this would work if baked (not nuked) - I don't have a microwave.
Ang, not sure. Maybe on a baking stone type thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Would it work w/o the bran? (yes. yes I am challenged in the kitchen )
Not sure about this either, but I would guess probably since it does have flax in it.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Thanks Beeb
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Jennifer Eloff
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 1999
Oh my goodness, Soobee and Beeb - I just made this Wasa Cracker recipe. It's deeeeelicious! I had my doubts but I'm thanking you tonight. Beeb, I followed your recipe but needed less egg white possibly because our ingredients differ slightly.

1 large egg white, fork beaten
2 tbsp DaVinci Sugar Free Banana Syrup
1/4 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup golden flax meal

Combine all - must have as Beeb says the consistency of oatmeal but a little stiffer. I sprayed the inside area of a dinner plate with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the mixture evenly with the back of a fork and nuked maybe 5 minutes in all but flipped it for the last 2 minutes of the 5 minutes. It's nice and crisp - great with butter and chunky peanut butter. Yum!

What oh what will all that fiber do to my tum tum though. Time will tell. I almost ate the whole thing in one sitting!! So good! Thanks again you two!
Jennifer Eloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I just finished the entire thing!! It was very good. Now we just have to figure out a way to make one with less fiber too because then one can eat it every day. Very clever recipe and I think your tweaks were super too, Beeb.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #10

Thanks Jennifer! Soobee started me thinking so she is the one who should get the credit for this great cracker! THANKS AGAIN SOOBEE!!

I used Just Whites Egg Beaters in the original, but use just one large egg white tonight and it came out wonderful, too like Jennifer said. Either way seems to work fine in this!

Now, I'm thinking adding a little spice, like onion or garlic salt to this.

What do you guys think? I can see this with a nice sprinkle of parmesan cheese, too.

Last edited by Beeb; 05-11-2010 at 08:28 PM..
Old 05-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

QUICK CRISPBREAD CRACKER

This recipe began as the brainchild of Soobee of Lowcarbfriends and was tweaked by Beeb of LCF’s and then tweaked by yours truly to make it with less fiber so that fiber-sensitive folks can safely enjoy it every day if they want to do so. The crunch and having a medium on which to spread butter and crunchy peanut butter and low-carb fruit preserves makes this an awesome diet helper! Tastes real carby, has more flavor and is crispier than crispbreads – no kidding!!

1 egg white from large egg
1/3 cup ground almonds (75 mL)
2 tbsp golden flax meal (25 mL)
1 tbsp wheat bran, OR flax meal (15 mL)
1 tbsp water (15 mL)
1 SPLENDA® packet

Into two cereal bowls, separate egg yolk and egg white respectively. Save egg yolk for adding to eggs for scrambled eggs or an omelet. Beat egg white with fork until slightly frothy. In third cereal bowl, combine ground almonds, flax meal, wheat bran and SPLENDA®. Stir in egg white and water until nicely moist throughout. Spray regular dinner plate with nonstick cooking spray. I usually spray the inside circle, however, it is possible to make a thinner crispbread and spread it further. Make sure the dinner plate is liberally greased. Spread mixture with the back of a fork. The tines of the fork make appealing ridges that taste oh-so-crunchy due to enhancing the texture. Nuke in microwave oven 3 minutes, flip crispbread cracker and nuke another minute or minute-and-a-half until beginning to turn brown in spots. When cool enough to touch, break or use a scissors to cut it.

Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving, 4 crispbread crackers
249.3 calories; 10.2 g protein; 20.5 g fat; 3.3 g carbs

Helpful Hints: This is the basic recipe; however, one could add spices and/or Parmesan cheese for a different-tasting crispbread. Using flax meal instead of the wheat bran makes this a gluten-free crispbread cracker. To further reduce fiber: replace 1 tbsp of either golden flax meal or wheat bran with 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground almonds. It is possible to replace all the fiber with ground almonds this way (1 tbsp shy of 3/4 cup (175 mL) ground almonds and no added fiber). I can’t say enough about how much I like this recipe and also the original but the fiber is a bit much for me to have every day. Tell me I'm not the only one who likes this.

Thanks again, Soobee and Beeb - fun recipe!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I can't wait to try this tonight for supper.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're welcome and if you go to the website for Wasa, you'll find lots of recipe ideas for using these crispbreads. I think this could be a very slimming recipe. I had 1 and 1/2 full servings of these today and I don't believe I have felt hungry since and it's doubtful I'll need anything else the rest of the day. It must be the fiber especially that creates that sense of fullness.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

I made this tonight for supper and tweaked a bit. I was serving an Italian meat and veggie dish, so, I added 1 TBSP Parmesan Cheese, a few shakes of salt and garlic powder. Man was that good! However, the original recipe calls for the pkt of Splenda, I used stevia, regardless, it was a bit too sweet for my taste and adding the savory spices made a bit odd in flavor. But, not too bad. Next time I want savory I will leave out the AS. I only ate half of it too. And, half of that I melted some mozzarella cheese on the cracker.

Oh, when spreading it out onto the dinner plate, I didn't use a fork, I used a piece of wax paper and patted it down with my hands. I ended up with about an 8-10" circle. The wax paper did not stick, but you could spray it with nonstick spray too.

Now, I think the possibilities are endless here too. This could be made into "cookies".

I can see a Snickerdoodle some how, rolled in AS and Cinnamon; peanut butter cookies made with either real peanut butter or PB2, and chocolate by adding cocoa. Maybe graham somehow, or ginger snaps?

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8*28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
Old 05-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff View Post
QUICK CRISPBREAD CRACKER

This recipe began as the brainchild of Soobee of Lowcarbfriends and was tweaked by Beeb of LCF’s and then tweaked by yours truly to make it with less fiber so that fiber-sensitive folks can safely enjoy it every day if they want to do so. The crunch and having a medium on which to spread butter and crunchy peanut butter and low-carb fruit preserves makes this an awesome diet helper! Tastes real carby, has more flavor and is crispier than crispbreads – no kidding!!

1 egg white from large egg
1/3 cup ground almonds (75 mL)
2 tbsp golden flax meal (25 mL)
1 tbsp wheat bran, OR flax meal (15 mL)
1 tbsp water (15 mL)
1 SPLENDA® packet

Into two cereal bowls, separate egg yolk and egg white respectively. Save egg yolk for adding to eggs for scrambled eggs or an omelet. Beat egg white with fork until slightly frothy. In third cereal bowl, combine ground almonds, flax meal, wheat bran and SPLENDA®. Stir in egg white and water until nicely moist throughout. Spray regular dinner plate with nonstick cooking spray. I usually spray the inside circle, however, it is possible to make a thinner crispbread and spread it further. Make sure the dinner plate is liberally greased. Spread mixture with the back of a fork. The tines of the fork make appealing ridges that taste oh-so-crunchy due to enhancing the texture. Nuke in microwave oven 3 minutes, flip crispbread cracker and nuke another minute or minute-and-a-half until beginning to turn brown in spots. When cool enough to touch, break or use a scissors to cut it.

Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving, 4 crispbread crackers
249.3 calories; 10.2 g protein; 20.5 g fat; 3.3 g carbs

Helpful Hints: This is the basic recipe; however, one could add spices and/or Parmesan cheese for a different-tasting crispbread. Using flax meal instead of the wheat bran makes this a gluten-free crispbread cracker. To further reduce fiber: replace 1 tbsp of either golden flax meal or wheat bran with 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground almonds. It is possible to replace all the fiber with ground almonds this way (1 tbsp shy of 3/4 cup (175 mL) ground almonds and no added fiber). I can’t say enough about how much I like this recipe and also the original but the fiber is a bit much for me to have every day. Tell me I'm not the only one who likes this.

Thanks again, Soobee and Beeb - fun recipe!
Thanks Jennifer! I am amazed that by just adding the 1/3 cup almond meal it upped the calories from 103 calories for the full dinner plate size cracker to 246 calories for the same size! For those of us watching our caloric intake that would not be a good snack option using the almond meal, I guess.

It's a great idea for those who need to down their fiber intake, though! And I'm thinking that if you make this a spice/savory cracker leaving out the sweetener would be a better idea as one poster suggested. Just add water to get the moisture you need in the recipe instead of how Soobee and I added DeVinci's SF Syrup.

LOVED the write up you did, Jennifer!! I feel like a STAR!!

Last edited by Beeb; 05-12-2010 at 06:45 PM..
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I made this tonight for supper and tweaked a bit. I was serving an Italian meat and veggie dish, so, I added 1 TBSP Parmesan Cheese, a few shakes of salt and garlic powder. Man was that good! However, the original recipe calls for the pkt of Splenda, I used stevia, regardless, it was a bit too sweet for my taste and adding the savory spices made a bit odd in flavor. But, not too bad. Next time I want savory I will leave out the AS. I only ate half of it too. And, half of that I melted some mozzarella cheese on the cracker.

Oh, when spreading it out onto the dinner plate, I didn't use a fork, I used a piece of wax paper and patted it down with my hands. I ended up with about an 8-10" circle. The wax paper did not stick, but you could spray it with nonstick spray too.

Now, I think the possibilities are endless here too. This could be made into "cookies".

I can see a Snickerdoodle some how, rolled in AS and Cinnamon; peanut butter cookies made with either real peanut butter or PB2, and chocolate by adding cocoa. Maybe graham somehow, or ginger snaps?
I love your train of thought here!! OH, now you got me thinking again!

BTW, the original recipe by Soobee and then tweaked by me calls for SF DeVinci Syrup, not a packet of Splenda. The syrup was to add moisture to make the ingredients the right consistency to make this cracker, plus give it a slight sweet taste like a Wasa Cracker. Leaving the sweetener, whether it be SF syrup and adding water or leaving out the packet of Splenda if using Jennifer's tweaked recipe and just adding water will do the same thing to make the dry ingredients what you need for the right consistency. Then you can add all the spice you would like without that sweet taste getting in the way!

Last edited by Beeb; 05-12-2010 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

This sounds so good, I'm going to try to bake it and will report back if it works.
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #18

Quote:
This sounds so good, I'm going to try to bake it and will report back if it works.
Can't wait to hear what happens, Ang!!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I love your train of thought here!! OH, now you got me thinking again!

BTW, the original recipe by Soobee and then tweaked by me calls for SF DeVinci Syrup, not a packet of Splenda. The syrup was to add moisture to make the ingredients the right consistency to make this cracker, plus give it a slight sweet taste like a Wasa Cracker. Leaving the sweetener, whether it be SF syrup and adding water or leaving out the packet of Splenda if using Jennifer's tweaked recipe and just adding water will do the same thing to make the dry ingredients what you need for the right consistency. Then you can add all the spice you would like without that sweet taste getting in the way!
I don't remember a wasa cracker being sweet though Back in my Diet Center days (back in the mid 80's), wasa crackers were the starch of choice. Kind of reminded me of cardboard Although, I smeared it with egg salad and stuff too to help.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha Vicki, you are right - Wasa, etc. to me also taste a bit like carboard. This is much better tasting.

Yes, I agree completely - leave out the Splenda. I think the sweetness went a bit better with Beeb's exact recipe because that's a lot of cardboardy ingredients - actually it tastes much better than those commercial crispbreads too which is amazing. I just find the fiber is a bit much for my system to have every day. At the moment I'd like this every day.

Now that the novelty has worn off slightly I can have half the 8 inch square for breakfast and be happy - of course, add in the cheese and butter and peanut butter, but other than that....

I know, Beeb, I wish ground almonds were not so calorific. That's perhaps why this is so filling and I find it to be quite dieting as a result.

If one lives in a humid climate, leftover crispbread can be nuked again for 50 seconds to a minute and it will be crisp as can be again.

P.S. Wheat bran can replaced with oat bran if one is allergic to wheat.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I baked Jennifer's recipe with almond meal (w/o sweetener) and they turned out great! I put the dough on parchment paper, rolled it flat (with saran wrap on top because the dough/batter is very sticky) until it looked like a big cracker. Baked at 350* until crispy. It took about 20 mins or so and the edges cooked faster than the middle (the middle actually reminded me of flat bread a little bit because I got impatient and didn't cook it until the middle was totally crunchy - very yummy!). These are so filling, I could only eat maybe a 1/3 of the recipe as a meal (with dip, cheese, veggies).

Next time I'll add a bit of salt to the recipe because they are a tad bland (but WAY better than WASA crackers), but other than that they turned out great. Very easy recipe, DH said it was a keeper - he kept eating these instead of his "normal" crackers.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #22

Quote:
I baked Jennifer's recipe with almond meal (w/o sweetener) and they turned out great! I put the dough on parchment paper, rolled it flat (with saran wrap on top because the dough/batter is very sticky) until it looked like a big cracker. Baked at 350* until crispy. It took about 20 mins or so and the edges cooked faster than the middle (the middle actually reminded me of flat bread a little bit because I got impatient and didn't cook it until the middle was totally crunchy - very yummy!). These are so filling, I could only eat maybe a 1/3 of the recipe as a meal (with dip, cheese, veggies).

Next time I'll add a bit of salt to the recipe because they are a tad bland (but WAY better than WASA crackers), but other than that they turned out great. Very easy recipe, DH said it was a keeper - he kept eating these instead of his "normal" crackers.
Sounds like you made almond crackers here, Ang. Glad it came out good! Are you fiber sensitive? If not, why didn't you make the original recipe like Soobee and I did? I understand the issue with no microwave for you, but I would love to know if the original recipe does well in the oven.

Just curious.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:18 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beeb, I'm so sorry - reading your note to Angie, I realize now that I was really insensitive posting my version of your lovely recipe on your thread. The recipe that you came up with is super and I loved it so much that I had to make a version that my more fiber-delicate system could tolerate every single day. Yep, I want it every day for now! Higher praise I cannot give you than that! To me the version I created seems like it is a product between a crispbread and a cracker. I really enjoy it and I thank you and Soobee very much for the original recipe. I wish I had thought of it!! It's very quick and easy and takes care of the need for something substantial, carby-tasting and crunchy! You are a star, you are, you are!!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:21 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angie - that is so cool that your hubby enjoyed it too. Good idea - some salt - I added a pinch this morning - perfect! Talking about dip. I want to make an artichoke dip soon. I had some at a party and boy was it ever good!
Old 05-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cap57
Stats: 155/150/135 (5'8")
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Sept. 2003
What brand of wheat brand are you all using? I have the Now Brand that I got from Netrition. It says that 1/4 cup is 10 carbs with 4 fiber, for 6 net carbs. That's much higher than you listed, Beeb. I'd love to find a lower carb brand.

That being said, I tried it out of curiosity, using banana syrup as Jennifer did because I didn't have the simple syrup, but keeping the other ingredients the same as the original recipe. I microwaved it for 5 min. flipping after 3. Very tasty! Reminds me of dry cereal. I think you could roll it out really thin between layers of parchment paper, nuke it, then break into flakes. Add some toasted nuts, and you would have a respectable cold cereal.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Eloff View Post
Beeb, I'm so sorry - reading your note to Angie, I realize now that I was really insensitive posting my version of your lovely recipe on your thread. The recipe that you came up with is super and I loved it so much that I had to make a version that my more fiber-delicate system could tolerate every single day. Yep, I want it every day for now! Higher praise I cannot give you than that! To me the version I created seems like it is a product between a crispbread and a cracker. I really enjoy it and I thank you and Soobee very much for the original recipe. I wish I had thought of it!! It's very quick and easy and takes care of the need for something substantial, carby-tasting and crunchy! You are a star, you are, you are!!
OH MY DEAR FRIEND! I did not and never do take offense when you (especially you) or anyone else tweaks one of my recipes. Heck, that is how a good great becomes a great recipe.

I was just curious why Ang didn't try the original recipe, nothing more. Please, tweak and post away, at least on my recipes, all you want.........it is MORE than welcome.............you are my hero!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap57 View Post
What brand of wheat brand are you all using? I have the Now Brand that I got from Netrition. It says that 1/4 cup is 10 carbs with 4 fiber, for 6 net carbs. That's much higher than you listed, Beeb. I'd love to find a lower carb brand.

That being said, I tried it out of curiosity, using banana syrup as Jennifer did because I didn't have the simple syrup, but keeping the other ingredients the same as the original recipe. I microwaved it for 5 min. flipping after 3. Very tasty! Reminds me of dry cereal. I think you could roll it out really thin between layers of parchment paper, nuke it, then break into flakes. Add some toasted nuts, and you would have a respectable cold cereal.
I can't tell you the brand because the box is gone. I know it was not Now brand, though. I got it from the regular grocery store. The nutritional facts you see on my OP was taken from my recipe I have on My Fat Secret. I imputed the information from all the ingredients exactly as I had them.

This is what I used to input the net facts and I remember it being the same on the box as it is here on the Fat Secret site. HTH

Nutrition Facts for Wheat Bran (crude)
Serving Size 1 oz

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 11
Calories 61

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 1.2g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.179g 1%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.627g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.181g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1mg 0%
Potassium 335mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.29g 6%
Dietary Fiber 12.1g 48%
Sugars 0.12g
Protein 4.41g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Nutrition Values are based on USDA Nutrient Database SR18
Old 05-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

I buy my wheat bran in bulk from health food store. But, I think I have purchased Hodgson Mill brand before.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I can't tell you the brand because the box is gone. I know it was not Now brand, though. I got it from the regular grocery store. The nutritional facts you see on my OP was taken from my recipe I have on My Fat Secret. I imputed the information from all the ingredients exactly as I had them.

This is what I used to input the net facts and I remember it being the same on the box as it is here on the Fat Secret site. HTH

Nutrition Facts for Wheat Bran (crude)
Serving Size 1 oz

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 11
Calories 61

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 1.2g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.179g 1%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.627g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.181g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1mg 0%
Potassium 335mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.29g 6%
Dietary Fiber 12.1g 48%
Sugars 0.12g
Protein 4.41g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Nutrition Values are based on USDA Nutrient Database SR18
Thanks, Beeb! Sounds like the Now Brand of wheat bran has twice as many carbs as what you used. My bag says that 1/4 cup of bran weighs 14 grams, which is 1/2 oz. and is 6 net carbs. So, for 1 oz. it would be 12 net carbs, instead of the 6 that yours is. I will definitely look for another brand.
Cap57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I buy my wheat bran in bulk from health food store. But, I think I have purchased Hodgson Mill brand before.
I will look for that brand. Thanks!
Cap57 is offline   Reply With Quote