Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
cjw
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cjw
capella flavor drops in water? with unflavored protein/

Hi everyone, had to make an account to ask since you all seem to know your stuff (specifically capella flavor drops). I have unflavored whey protein that I mix with water, and I'm trying to find something to flavor it with because it tastes terribleee. I have stevia sweetener which works fine, but I was wondering if anyone who uses capella flavor drops had had good results using them in water? Specifically, the ones that aren't made for water, because fruitiness doesn't mix well with the taste of the whey. I ordered a sampler of the minis with chocolate fudge brownie, vanilla custard, coconut, french tost, caramel, and banana split. Do I stand a chance of replicating the strong flavors of other protein powders that come pre-flavored? If not, does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks everyone!
cjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I take it you have an objection to using DaVinci/Torani sugar free syrups or flavored extracts?
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
cjw
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cjw
actually no, I was under the impression that they were sweetened with something, though, and I had a bad experience with flavored sweetleaf liquid stevia...but after looking at them again I guess they're not sweetened? Are they more of a creamy flavor, or snowcone-ish? I'm just trying to replicate a regular ol' chocolate protein powder, but with my own preferred unflavored whey and without sugar alcohols. would davinci/torani do the trick?

also, stopping by woods on a snowy evening is one of my favorite poems ever!
cjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
DaVincis syrups are sweetened with sucralose. They say each cup of davincis = 1 and 1/3 cups splenda. I use them as a 1 to 1 exchange. 1 cup Davincis= 1 cup splenda.
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tulipsandroses
Stats: 206/160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2010
Never heard of these before. I'm gonna try out a few. They have sample sizes so thats good. I'll post a review when I get them.
tulipsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Iwantlessofme
Stats: Well on my way to fantastic!!
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Every single day, day in day out
Oh wow, I just looked at the site for the capella drops!! I am hooked, I must order and try them!
Iwantlessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vegan Goddess
I just ordered Capella Flavor drops and was very disappointed. I used 5X the recommended level and still NO TASTE AT ALL. It had a nice smell but no taste. What a waste.

Very disappointed.
Vegan Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ann Lytle
Well Vegan, guess I won't waste my money then............thanks...........Ann
Ann Lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Haven't tried them but just read this thread here on LCF about them. Evidently you have to let the item sit (some things anyway according to the web site) for 3-5 minutes to let the flavor(s) mingle.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...p-recipes.html
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Reviewthis11
Capella drops for water/ lists no alcohol on web......

I wanted to try the Capella Drops for Water. I was careful to read on their website the ingredients they list to see if alcohol was among the ingredients. I purchased the Concord Grape for this reason. After receiving the product the first ingredient listed on the container was alcohol. The Pear Flavlet I ordered was labeled just Pear Concentrate. I'm inclined to think I wasn't even shipped the correct products. The containers I was shipped look nothing like the ones off the page I ordered from. I have called the company but just get a voice mail message. I know if I had read the reviews on this site first I never would have placed the order to begin with.
Reviewthis11 is offline   Reply With Quote