Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #91
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I'm defs working it while handling income tax stuff. Hopefully I won't deduct calories and end up owing protein values. Thanks for the kind words. It'll be worth the short wait! Promise
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetdreams
oh wow!! I'm so hungry right now for the peanut-butter cheesecake..... or any of them
sweetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #93
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Lately I've been having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner... and I've still lost weight. I feel like I've died and gone to cheesecake heaven. Erythritol an Xylitol are awesomeness.

The title of this thread is lame. It sounds like I gave birth.
Are you still eating it round the clock as your meals? Are you still losing?
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #94
something there

I am so sick of cheesecake, it's not even funny! I am for reals. I'm going to freeze the rest as individual slices and I'll try them again when I'm ready--like in 6 months. LOL

Right now I'm trying some different things in order to offer REALLY good options for people who want to make the recipes, and that's what's taking me an extra day or so.

Got out of jury duty, for which I am thankful!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #95
something there

I am still losing, definitely! It's weird to think that all I eat is cheesecake and I'm still losing, but in all actuality, I eat when hungry, stop when full, and cheesecake is a lot of fat, especially with the nuts. I'm losing my cheesecake joy. I actually ate bacon for breakfast to stop the monotony. LOL
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Thank you VERY much!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #97
something there

You're welcome! I am working on the rest feverishly right now. There's just so much information!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
I'll be here waiting for the turtle recipe- I loooooooove Turtles!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #99
something there

Turtle recipe will be ready first thing in the morning. Double and triple checking information now.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

I can't decide which one to make first!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #101
something there

Here's another one:

Gourmet chocolate caramel turtle cheesecake at only 4 net carbs per slice.

I should have the last one up by tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #102
KOO

Quote:
I am so sick of cheesecake, it's not even funny! I am for reals. I'm going to freeze the rest as individual slices and I'll try them again when I'm ready--like in 6 months. LOL

Right now I'm trying some different things in order to offer REALLY good options for people who want to make the recipes, and that's what's taking me an extra day or so.

Got out of jury duty, for which I am thankful!
I love cheesecake but I think I'd get sick of eating it round the clock too! Freezing it in separate portions seems like a good idea. I was just wondering which sweetner were you using while you were eating it and losing. Were you using that first recipe with the Xylitol and Erythritol or the splenda version? I am thinking I want to make up a batch for my daughter as her breakfast but don't know which recipe to go with.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #103
something there

I'm doing great with the xylitol and erythritol, and Splenda doesn't affect me much. I just don't like the taste of Splenda and it makes me hungry, so I tend to avoid it (I think I'm sensitive to the stuff). To me, the E and the X taste most like real sugar without the devastating blow to the blood sugar or waistline.

That said, each cheesecake is 16 servings, and they're incredibly rich and dense because I want people to be happier with less. I believe dessert should be thought of as the condiment of the meal--not a main course. Eating is every day just made me crave broccoli, shrimp, eggs and bacon.

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.

Last edited by cleochatra; 04-14-2010 at 08:35 AM..
Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2crzyboyz
Stats: 196/157/150 5'9"
WOE: Low-Carb/Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/10
These recipes sound delicious. Will try this weekend. Thanks!
mom2crzyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Yo, Cleo .. fellow Texan here .. send those cheesecakes you're sick of my way . I used to love to cook, but not anymore. So ready made cheesecakes are right up my alley.

Anyway .. could these be done in a muffin pan with cupcake liners without the crusts? I've yet to taste a nut crust I like and wondered if they'd hold up making them that way.

All those pies look so good and I really must stop licking my monitor ...
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #106
something there

You can definitely make them in muffin cups with or without the crust. I know I have!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Cleo, I am definately makeing that turtle one. One question, for the topping over the crust, are you using Divinchis and cream or no sugar caramel sauce?
Thanks, Julie
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #108
something there

I used only the Walden Farms caramel sauce since I had purchased it! I piped it straight from the jar into a cake decorating bag with a tip and right onto the cheesecake.

You don't need to pipe on the caramel. You could go with ganache instead if you prefer, or serve with just a dollop of fresh whipped cream (you can add a titch of davincis caramel here to sweeten the whip) and a sprinkling of pecans.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
You can definitely make them in muffin cups with or without the crust. I know I have!
Thanks, you wonder of sweet delights , can't wait to try them!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
Hi Cleo,

Thank you for the Turtle recipe! I don't have a springform pan. I was thinking of halving the filling and using a pyrex pie plate. Do you think that would work?

Thx
Sally
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #111
something there

It will definitely work. In this case, you want to almost cut the recipe in half since there's a lot of filling.

lol Vanilla latte!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #112
KOO

Quote:
I'm doing great with the xylitol and erythritol, and Splenda doesn't affect me much. I just don't like the taste of Splenda and it makes me hungry, so I tend to avoid it (I think I'm sensitive to the stuff). To me, the E and the X taste most like real sugar without the devastating blow to the blood sugar or waistline.

That said, each cheesecake is 16 servings, and they're incredibly rich and dense because I want people to be happier with less. I believe dessert should be thought of as the condiment of the meal--not a main course. Eating is every day just made me crave broccoli, shrimp, eggs and bacon.
Thank you, I will try the X and E one first!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #113
something there

Sweet!

And here is the The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: Cleochatra’s No Bake Mud Pie Cheesecake This one is my favorite.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bmbshl
Stats: 5'9"
WOE: Pregnant
Start Date: Feb 16, 2009
They ALL look fabulous - wonderful - but the mud pie is right up my alley. Thanks Cleo for sharing your hard work! I can't wait to try it.
bmbshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
awesomeness!!!!!
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #116
something there

Thank you for the kind words. It's sweeter than even the cheesecakes... and those are pretty sweet.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #117

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Hey Cleo, I like this thread and your blog.

What made you think to use yogurt for the no bake cheese cake?
I made something like this for BF and myself Last Month. The recipe is called Cherry Cheesecake pie, and it calls for cream cheese, lemon, and sweetened condensed milk, graham crust and cherry pie filling. i love the finished product but balked mostly at the SCM and wanted to make it more friendly for me to have more often. I ended up draining a quart of yogurt and subbing and some splenda for the SWC, it came out good in my opinion but I'd have preferred to use Xyl and E except i was feeding it to others and didn't want to feed them my expensive sugars!

The only down side was that BF ate my lower sugar pie first instead of the original pie he's used to and got mad at me for "tricking" him. I tried to tell him they were different, and it was his fault for eating a stupid Wendy's frosty when everyone was eating pie and then going after the fact to get some and not knowing which was which. All the other folks who tried it said they liked it. but BF said they had to be lying to not hurt my feelings

I'm glad to see that someone else has done essentially the same pie and it really does taste good and is not just my deranged low carb twisted taste buds telling me lies.

What I wanted to ask was, what is the benefit of using FAGE other than not having to drain it?

And I love all the different variations on the pies(Mud, PB, Key lime! ) as well as the mixed nut crust. I was really getting tired of my almond crusts, not being as good as graham cracker. i will totally try the mixed nut crust next time.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #118
something there

Thank you! Per the yogurt, I was looking in my fridge, and my son had been horking inordinate amounts of sour cream for his taco salads lately, and because I was making so many cheesecakes, I was trying to 1. save the kid some cream and 2. wanting to try something with Greek yogurt since I have four cartons of it in the fridge. I figure its consistency is similar to sour cream and I just love the stuff and want more people to try it. It is also so thick, I figured it would gel beautifully when applied to the cream cheese.

LOL! On feeding people your expensive sugars! You know, what surprises me is how the family loves E and X so much they want to make sure it's in there before they'll eat it now. This is the first time ever I've been able to convince them that something that's sugar free can be good. They're so used to me messing recipes up with Splenda and stevia that they'd all but given up.

I do have a recipe I've put together for sweetened condensed milk that I really like. It uses stevia and powdered milk. I've been pretty happy with it, but I want to experiment some more to make sure its applications are many. Stevia sometimes goes a little manky when heated, so I am going to give a go to Splenda and xyltiol as well.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #119

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Thank you! Per the yogurt, I was looking in my fridge, and my son had been horking inordinate amounts of sour cream for his taco salads lately, and because I was making so many cheesecakes, I was trying to 1. save the kid some cream and 2. wanting to try something with Greek yogurt since I have four cartons of it in the fridge. I figure its consistency is similar to sour cream and I just love the stuff and want more people to try it. It is also so thick, I figured it would gel beautifully when applied to the cream cheese.

LOL! On feeding people your expensive sugars! You know, what surprises me is how the family loves E and X so much they want to make sure it's in there before they'll eat it now. This is the first time ever I've been able to convince them that something that's sugar free can be good. They're so used to me messing recipes up with Splenda and stevia that they'd all but given up.

I do have a recipe I've put together for sweetened condensed milk that I really like. It uses stevia and powdered milk. I've been pretty happy with it, but I want to experiment some more to make sure its applications are many. Stevia sometimes goes a little manky when heated, so I am going to give a go to Splenda and xyltiol as well.
Huh? I guess i oughtta try some sour cream in my cheese cakes. I totally Love Xyl and E!! I've got both now and I make a sugar blend that still uses splenda, but it's not the majority, as it has stevia, Xyl, E and Diabetisweet. i used it for dishes I might share that I don't want it to taste sugar free.

I was so pleased at how well the yogurt worked for this cheesecake pie. I had been eating drained yogurt and mixing it with half a carton of store yogurt, and once I mixed it with lemon, It reminded me of BF's pie.

BF hates splenda and doesn't trust anything I cook anymore. But even if it did taste good he sees no reason why HE needs to eat sugar free, so I save it for myself usually. Though I do have a bag with half sugar half Xyl that I told him to use for sugar if he visits ( don't rat on me!)

i look forward to your sweetened condensed milk experiment, if it works I"ll make that pie again and and see how BF likes it. The consistency of SCM is so different from FAGE/ Drained Yogurt,that BF could tell right away it was different.

ETA: I'm surfing your blog looking for recipes, I'm totally gonna try that cauliflower lasagna on him, I think he'll like that. But back to Cheese cakes!!!!

Last edited by metqa; 04-16-2010 at 01:39 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #120
something there

Yeah. Quite a few recipes call for sour cream, probably, again, due to texture and its thickness. It's gummy, and it adds the right amount of acid to the dessert to offset the sweet.

Your secret is safe with me! I'm already starting to develop some holiday dishes, so I hope to have quite a few surprises coming in the nearish future.