Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Your MUFFIN TOP PAN........... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/668534-your-muffin-top-pan.html)

Beeb 03-30-2010 06:18 PM

Your MUFFIN TOP PAN...........

what do you use it for? I make Char's Cheese Bread Rounds in it.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...rust-pics.html

Would love to hear what you make and any recipes that go along with it! :clap::notwrthy:

CarolynF 03-30-2010 07:09 PM

Oopsies are the best in my muffin top pan.

Charski 03-30-2010 07:19 PM

That's what I actually bought mine for - Oopsies. Then I started making the cheese rounds. Next I'm gonna try some brownie batter in them and make ice cream sandwiches -all LC of course!

CarolynF 03-30-2010 07:22 PM

OOOOh..ice cream sammies..:)

wifey 03-30-2010 07:25 PM

I have never seen those pans!! I'm going to have to get one!

RVlady 03-30-2010 08:10 PM

I like the tuna muffins baked in the muffin top pans. A lot more surface area to get brown and crusty...yum

Connie

DEEDLYNN 04-01-2010 09:17 AM

I was thinking about trying the cream cheese muffins in them....to make a flat pancake (shortcake) type base for strawberry shortcake (I guess it would be more like strawberry cheesecake) etc. What do y'all think? Think they would be good in the muffin top pan.

I love the idea of the tuna muffins in there!!!!

And...little individual quiches....

I do love my muffin top pan!

Dee

Tyl 04-01-2010 12:39 PM

i want one.

Nikki2777 04-02-2010 04:58 AM

Is that the name of the pan... Muffin Top Pan?

Where can you get this pan?

Nikki

shadowzip 04-02-2010 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikki2777 (Post 13324081)
Is that the name of the pan... Muffin Top Pan?

Where can you get this pan?

Nikki

Mostly online, just do a search. I have seen them in some stores, but rarely.

IzzyTheTerrible 04-02-2010 06:20 AM

I don't have one but I've been contemplating getting one to make flax hamburger buns.

Of course, if I could get up the nerve to make an oopsie.... I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

Gnossienne 04-02-2010 07:20 AM

Can't find a place in Denmark that has ever heard of a muffin top pan.

Odd - since all the young girls seem to think muffin-top pants are all the rage! :rofl:

My search continues... (for the pans - not the pants!)

Mule_Freak 04-02-2010 11:06 AM

Gnossienne, ck out ebay, they've a load of them, just type in muffin top pan, some with free shipping. Hope you get one, there so wonderful to have on hand :hugs:

Gnossienne 04-02-2010 03:11 PM

Will do, thanks!

Barbo 04-02-2010 04:08 PM

Muffin top pans

I got mine from Amazon.

Don't buy one, you will just want two the minute
you get one. lol

tulipsandroses 04-02-2010 05:37 PM

I've been trying to find one with no success. Tried Walmart and Target. I guess I will have to order it online.

Beeb 04-03-2010 12:00 PM

I got mine at a Restaurant Supply Co. They usually sell to the public. Look them up online in your area or yellow pages, call and ask. Mine was $10.00 back in the day (about 5 years ago)

whoknew 04-03-2010 09:53 PM

I LOVE my muffin top pan!! I make the cheese biscuit recipe and use those for sandwiches.....for individual pizzas!! using the cheese biscuit recipe and adding chopped green peppers, onions, bite-size pepperonis (pre-heated to remove a lot of the grease), MORE cheese, mushrooms and top it with mozzarella. Once cooked, dip in marinara sauce. It's a bit bready-textured for me, but hubby and friends love 'em! Oopsie rolls are fabulous in them. I've made individual little cakes, too. Wonderful pans! dianne

Tweaker Geek 04-04-2010 04:44 PM

Cheesebread rounds, hamburger buns and my personal favorite- whoopie pies!

kellydwilson 04-05-2010 11:03 AM

I got mine off Amazon and they were as cheap as $9.99 listed on there when I got mine.

catkin 01-19-2012 10:23 AM

Bunmping for more ideas--ordered mine and am so looking forward to trying some of the recipes out! :shake::D

Charski 01-19-2012 01:00 PM

My favorite use for mine these days is the Cherry Danish recipe. It's perfect for those!

litehousepat 01-19-2012 01:04 PM

Jen Eloff's Artisan Sesame Hamburger Buns!!

Pat

CarolynF 01-19-2012 01:20 PM

LOL..I was at a coffee shop and they served muffin tops using the pan..So, we could use it for our LC muffins..(duh).

Tilly 01-19-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 13326512)
I got mine from Amazon.

you get one. lol

Yup my mistake, I bought one from Amazon as well, wish I had bought two. Probably comes with free shipping if you have spent enough, which I always do. :)

I make Widget's hamburger buns in them.

crazywoman-n-wy 01-19-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 13326512)
I got mine from Amazon.

you get one. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly (Post 15344319)
Yup my mistake, I bought one from Amazon as well, wish I had bought two. Probably comes with free shipping if you have spent enough, which I always do. :)

I make Widget's hamburger buns in them.

I just caved in & got mine from there as well. (2 pans) Lowest price I've ever seen them, and I did get free shipping (I ordered enough of he eligible stuff). I was a little reluctant, cause the didn't' give the size of the "holes". But I think they will be big enough. They appear to be right at 4", which is what I want. Hope they are at least close to that!

Brendajm 01-21-2012 04:42 AM

Where can I find the cherry Danish recipe?? I have the muffin top pan which has 6 muffins and a whoopie pie pan which is just like the muffin top but with 12 muffins. They whoopsie pie one is smaller. I need another muffin one for bigger bread.

Edited to say I found the recipe , I wanted to make these today but I don't have oat fiber :(
I am thinking of using the Physillium husk? Quiznoid told me try it in another recipe and it seemed to work. What do you think?

crazywoman-n-wy 01-21-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendajm (Post 15347924)
Where can I find the cherry Danish recipe?? I have the muffin top pan which has 6 muffins and a whoopie pie pan which is just like the muffin top but with 12 muffins. They whoopsie pie one is smaller. I need another muffin one for bigger bread.

Edited to say I found the recipe , I wanted to make these today but I don't have oat fiber :(
I am thinking of using the Physillium husk? Quiznoid told me try it in another recipe and it seemed to work. What do you think?

Brenda, it naturally will not come out exactly the same, because of the texture of the Psyllium & the oat fiber, but I bet it would work. I think Quizoid has exchanged out those 2 off & on in several recipes. Give it a try.

Tilly 01-21-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy (Post 15344826)
I just caved in & got mine from there as well. (2 pans) Lowest price I've ever seen them, and I did get free shipping (I ordered enough of he eligible stuff). I was a little reluctant, cause the didn't' give the size of the "holes". But I think they will be big enough. They appear to be right at 4", which is what I want. Hope they are at least close to that!

Put my order in for one more. I always have a "wish list" going, so just add to it until I have enough for the free shipping. :D

rosethorns 01-21-2012 05:39 PM

I love my 2 muffin top pans.

I'm going to try psyllium husk for the oat fiber. Thanks for the suggestion Brenda.