Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 672
Gallery: hmay60
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 05, 2004
Best Ever Cheesecake

I just tried this cheesecake and its pretty darn good. I don't know if I can post the recipe, but if you google Illinois Country Living magazine, click on the recipes it come up first. The only thing I did different was sub. 20 drops of EZ-sweets for the sugar. I went ahead and put the crescent dough in the bottom, because I didn't know how it would turn out without it. I just cut the crust off the bottom when I eat it. It was really easy to make.
hmay60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Dreamchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,771
Gallery: Dreamchaser
Thanks!

Just wondering, did you mix all of the ingredients together by hand or with an electric mixer?
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!
 
dartstar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So calif
Posts: 5,557
Gallery: dartstar1
Stats: 273/256/160 starting again 1-26-12 @259 4-1-12 242
WOE: ATKINS 72 <8
Start Date: 10/12/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Thanks!

Just wondering, did you mix all of the ingredients together by hand or with an electric mixer?
I just read what you had about you baby and I have to share this
it always keeps me going when I lose a precious member of our family


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown
__________________
Jacki
Thomas Jefferson: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Margret Thatcher:""The trouble with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money to spend."
dartstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 672
Gallery: hmay60
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 05, 2004
I used my mixer. I did leave the cream cheese out to soften up first.
hmay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Dreamchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,771
Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartstar1 View Post
I just read what you had about you baby and I have to share this
it always keeps me going when I lose a precious member of our family


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown
Thanks for posting that. It's beautiful
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Dreamchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,771
Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmay60 View Post
I used my mixer. I did leave the cream cheese out to soften up first.
Thank you hmay. I prefer to use an electric hand mixer. I was just checking because sometimes when you mix things with an electric mixer instead of hand mixing, it doesn't turn out right.

The recipe looks good. I have it printed. Thanks again
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
MNLisaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MN, by way of NYC
Posts: 856
Gallery: MNLisaB
Stats: 222/155/140??
WOE: low carb, portion control
Start Date: 9/1/06
sorry, OT

Hi Dreamchaser, love your avi, so sorry for the loss of your furbaby. No matter how long you have them, it's never enough time...

SL Smith


You've gone where someday I will follow, but for now you are out of sight. Your years with me were just time borrowed, before you return to Heaven's light. One day I'll see your paws glowing, sparkling in the morning dew,guiding me at my time of going, leading me sunward, back to you.
MNLisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Dreamchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,771
Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNLisaB View Post
Hi Dreamchaser, love your avi, so sorry for the loss of your furbaby. No matter how long you have them, it's never enough time...

SL Smith


You've gone where someday I will follow, but for now you are out of sight. Your years with me were just time borrowed, before you return to Heaven's light. One day I'll see your paws glowing, sparkling in the morning dew,guiding me at my time of going, leading me sunward, back to you.
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriendsŪ is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.