Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: luv_bug
Stats: 265/150/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2007
Peanut Butter/Almond Butter Cookies with Coconut Flour?

Hi everyone!
I have started adding coconut flour to my diet - doc wants me to up fiber slightly - by no means is he advocating that I go up to the reccommended daily dose kind like with the typical American diet - HOWEVER - he does think it might help some of my constipation issues. I know that I will need to drink more water, etc. if I'm having this as it will absorb, etc.

ANYWAYS - here is my question..

Does anyone have any idea how to make a low carb almond butter or peanut butter cookie - I want to use almond butter and can substitute it in ... I would also be using stevia as a sweetener - I have both the liquid and SweetLeaf Powder varieties ... I bought the liquid today - because I know that the coconut flour will absorb moisutre to the extreme...

While we're at it - any recipes for good coconut flour muffins?
luv_bug is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
Make sure to visit Healthy Indulgences. She is the queen of coconut flour and has many delicious recipes to try.
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: auburnhair
Almond Butter Cookies-Gluten free

I made these cookies today. They are not only gluten-free, but also great for people that have IBS or Colitis. They are not too sweet. Great for energy, due to the almond flour, banana, and honey. If you eat one, they really fill you up, due to all the fibre from the meal. The only drawback is the cost, as almond flour is not cheap. I really like the taste of them, not to mention they have to be the healthiest cookies out there!

Almond Butter Cookies

1 3/4 cup almond flour (also known as almond meal)
1/8 tsp. soda
few shakes salt
4 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 mashed banana
1 egg
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix almond flour, soda, and salt together in bowl. In separate bowl mix the coconut oil, honey, banana, egg, almond butter, and vanilla. Add the well-mixed liquid ingredients to the dry. Stir well. Drop onto parchment lined sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes. I baked mine on the dark sheets for 16 minutes, but my oven bakes slow. Makes about 15 cookies.
auburnhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
I LOVE using my coconut flour. That is pretty much all I use since I can't tolerate almonds. Most of the recipes I have found use regular sugar, but I sub with splenda or stevia or ideal. I google "coconut flour __________" and get plenty of recipes.

Here is one for cookies. Haven't made them yet, but plan to soon. I am going to add sugar free choco chips.

˝ cup sifted TIANA coconut flour
1 cup natural peanut butter
˝ cup peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
1˝ cups brown sugar
4 eggs
˝ teaspoon vanilla
˝ teaspoon salt

Method

Mix together peanut butter, peanuts, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Stir in peanuts and coconut flour. Batter will be runny. Drop by the spoonful 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 190 Degree C (375F) for 14 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

And then I make these all the time and I LOVE, LOVE them!!

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins

3 eggs
2T melted butter or coconut oil
5T brown sugar or sucanat
1/4c peanut butter
1/4t salt
1/4t vanilla
1/4c sifted coconut flour
1/4t baking powder
1/4c chocolate chips

Combine 1st 6 ingredients. Add coconut flour and baking powder to batter and whisk till there are no lumps. Pour into greased muffin cups and bake for 15 min at 400 degrees. Makes 6 muffins.

There are a lot of recipes for coconut flour on the sites that sell coconut flour. I have had success with blueberry muffins, brownies, pumpkin bread, choco chip cookies and more.

Have fun with it!
Gremom is offline   Reply With Quote