Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Favorite Linda Sue Recipe? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/657135-favorite-linda-sue-recipe.html)

Ilpirata 01-18-2010 02:10 PM

Favorite Linda Sue Recipe?

I've decided I'm going to cook something this week.
I haven't actually really cooked in well over a year. So what's your absolutely favorite linda sue recipe? I'm leaning towards caserole and I'm leaning towards ground beef but can also totally do chicken.

Thanks!

Fizgig 01-18-2010 02:17 PM

A few months ago I went on a BENDER with this recipe and made it four times in a row.

SPICY CHICKEN & SPINACH CASSEROLE

After the first time, I halved the cream cheese and cheddar to lessen the calories and there was no sacrifice in flavor. Sometimes I'd add some splenda to my bowl so it would be sweet, spicy, AND savory - my favorite mix of flavors.

I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs and cooked them covered in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes until they were done, then shredded them for the casserole.

tina1973 01-18-2010 02:19 PM

I can't really pick just one, but this one of my favorite's SO FAR....
WhiteCastle Hamburger Pie

CGSF 01-18-2010 02:22 PM

I like the Spinach Lasagna a lot...

MarcyDarcy 01-18-2010 02:26 PM

:cool: Spinach Lasagne! :cool:

ArdMaine 01-18-2010 02:42 PM

I made Mom's crazy cabbage today It was AMAZING. I was really, really surprised, not to doubt Linda Sue, but I can be picky. Not to mention it cost like $4 to make! It says 6 servings but I'll get 9 from it.

MOM'S CRAZY CABBAGE
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
1 small cabbage, coarsely chopped, about 1 pound 13 ounces before trimming *
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
3 strips bacon
Salt and pepper, to taste

Brown the beef and onion; drain off the grease and season with salt and pepper. Put half of the cabbage in the bottom of a greased 9x13" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the meat then the remaining cabbage; season again. Pour or spoon the tomatoes evenly over the cabbage and lay the strips of bacon over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 3 hours. Discard the bacon before serving.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Ilpirata you look gorgeous, btw. I hadn't seen you in awhile! I have been MIA...and back I come, on Induction even. :)

MarcyDarcy 01-18-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam (Post 13013649)
I made Mom's crazy cabbage today It was AMAZING. I was really, really surprised, not to doubt Linda Sue, but I can be picky. Not to mention it cost like $4 to make! It says 6 servings but I'll get 9 from it.

MOM'S CRAZY CABBAGE
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
1 small cabbage, coarsely chopped, about 1 pound 13 ounces before trimming *
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
3 strips bacon
Salt and pepper, to taste

Brown the beef and onion; drain off the grease and season with salt and pepper. Put half of the cabbage in the bottom of a greased 9x13" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the meat then the remaining cabbage; season again. Pour or spoon the tomatoes evenly over the cabbage and lay the strips of bacon over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 3 hours. Discard the bacon before serving.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Ilpirata you look gorgeous, btw. I hadn't seen you in awhile! I have been MIA...and back I come, on Induction even. :)

It WAS pretty good, wasn't it?

JKat 01-18-2010 03:19 PM

Linda's cauliflower bisque is awesome!!! I add in whatever left over meat in the refrig and make it a whole meal.

harleychic 01-18-2010 03:26 PM

Coney Island Chili Dog Pie!! I love it!! I also love the Steph's Yummy Chicken Stuff, its in the oven right now. I have burger thawed out, so I think tomorrow we will try that 'Moms Crazy Cabbage'. What a great thread! I can't wait to see what everybody likes.

Tyl 01-18-2010 03:29 PM

Kisha, you look beautiful in your avi.

My fave is the mexican spinach lasagna.

sugarless4life 01-18-2010 03:31 PM

No way I can pick just one. I have an entire 3 ring binder filled with her recipes. I think the thing I love most is the way she rates the recipes so I know which ones to try and which to skip ... I so appreciate the extra effort she goes to !!!

I love Linda !!! :clap:

Betty

ozdancer 01-18-2010 03:35 PM

Not a casserole or hamburger dish, but the favorite in our house from those I've tried is Alice Spring Chicken. DH & DD won't do mushrooms so I do theirs with capcium instead :up:.

Think I'm gonna have to try Mom's Crazy Cabbage though sounds delish!

Ilpirata 01-18-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chantyl03 (Post 13013850)
Kisha, you look beautiful in your avi.

My fave is the mexican spinach lasagna.

Thanks Doll! I thought I should update as my old avi I weighed around 260!

Um so reading this thread is making me hella hungry LOL!

CGSF 01-18-2010 05:14 PM

I made the Crustless Key Lime Pie today. It was very good and I definitely will make it again. I will whip the cream to stiff peaks and then fold it into the jello and cream cheese next time to give it more body, though.

Magicsmom 01-18-2010 05:31 PM

Josie's Shepherd's Pie

Even my non-low carbing husband asks for this.

Cryssi 01-18-2010 05:33 PM

I made her Tuscano Soup the other night. It was so good and very filling. Made awesome leftover too and I normally don't like leftovers.

lil miss 01-18-2010 05:42 PM

OMG so many to choose from!

I ADORE her faux fried rice!

Also, made tonight, her southwestern taco soup and it ROCKS.

lisabinil 01-18-2010 05:44 PM

White Castle Hamburger Pie
Chocolate Truffle Torte

bekki1 01-18-2010 05:56 PM

I think the question should be which do you not like. All that I have tried are great, even the non LCers love them.

pocahontas 01-18-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizgig (Post 13013516)
A few months ago I went on a BENDER with this recipe and made it four times in a row.

- SPICY CHICKEN & SPINACH CASSEROLE

After the first time, I halved the cream cheese and cheddar to lessen the calories and there was no sacrifice in flavor. Sometimes I'd add some splenda to my bowl so it would be sweet, spicy, AND savory - my favorite mix of flavors.

I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs and cooked them covered in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes until they were done, then shredded them for the casserole.

Dang, that looks awesome! :cool: How did I ever miss this one? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGSF (Post 13013544)
I like the Spinach Lasagna a lot...

]

This is also one of my faves. :D

pocahontas 01-18-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryssi (Post 13014354)
I made her Tuscano Soup the other night. It was so good and very filling. Made awesome leftover too and I normally don't like leftovers.

I made this last week too and loved it! :up:

2bflawless 01-18-2010 06:49 PM

Deep dish pizza...very good!

Terra2721 01-18-2010 06:59 PM

Love the meatloaf...so simple but delish

oneoftwo 01-18-2010 07:08 PM

I made the Spinach Lasagna last week and loved it. I was surprise how well it stayed together like real lasagna

bmbshl 01-18-2010 07:24 PM

Kisha - love the new avi (new to me too!) Gorgeous, dahling!

I am going to make this recipe this week. I've been eyeballin' it for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizgig (Post 13013516)

SPICY CHICKEN & SPINACH CASSEROLE

LinearChaos 01-18-2010 07:35 PM

Enchilada Bake

Indychick829 01-18-2010 07:45 PM

ooooh her coconut chicken and peanut sauce! granted, you have to be past rung 3 but ooooh so yummy!

"Tylers most awesome pizza crust" really IS awesome! :D

Stacy O 01-18-2010 08:34 PM

Lasagna Stuffed Peppers

sistertzu 01-18-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LinearChaos (Post 13014945)
Enchilada Bake

Totally love this!!! It's so hard to pick a favorite.

Your beautiful!!! Love the new avi!!!

SmileySue 01-18-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 13014468)
I think the question should be which do you not like. All that I have tried are great, even the non LCers love them.

ITA!! I've learned to go by her ratings too. She's spot on IMHO.

If you want a casserole, I'd recommend the White Castle Pie, the Enchilada Bake or the Spinach Lasagne. All are increcible!!

Ilpirata, I agree with the other posters. Your new avi is gorgeous!! I'm glad to "see" you back posting again too!