Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 02:42 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Thanks Jannis....I will try freezining them.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
I made the chocolate recipe in my mini-muffin pan... it made exactly one dozen
two-bite brownies! Very nice thank you so much breakfast solved and post-workout solved without having to cook or worry about it.
Did you adjust the cooking time for the mini muffins?
I think this is what I am going to use too.

TIA
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellBell1234
I must try this. So easy and it sounds really good!
KellBell1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #64

Gallery: Dreamchaser
OK I made the vanilla ones and they had a wonderful flavor but were incredibly dry and that was even with 3 eggs instead of 2!

Here's what I used:

3 scoops of Jay Robb vanilla powder
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of powdered erythritol (powdered after measuring)
A smidgen (1/32 of a teaspoon) of NuNaturals pure stevia powder
3 eggs instead of 2

I baked it in a 8x8 square glass container for the whole 20 minutes.

(I think adding some lemon flavor to this one would be good. Either some fresh lemon juice or some lemon extract)

Delicious flavor, just too dry. Any suggestions to cut down on the dryness....maybe less protein powder next time?
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
I baked them for 12 minutes they were a little dry I think next batch 1 more egg and maybe 8-10 minutes...
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
I baked them for 12 minutes they were a little dry I think next batch 1 more egg and maybe 8-10 minutes...
Really?? I did mine a whole 20 minutes! I need to cut down the baking time. That probably really dried them out!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Well, your oven may vary, but if they were dry I would cut down the baking time, or since you are using 1/2 cup of powdered sweetener, I would cut down the protein powder. But you said you did add an extra egg, hmmm. Maybe try 2 eggs, 2.5 scoops protein powder, and 1/2 cup sweetener?
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:31 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Well, your oven may vary, but if they were dry I would cut down the baking time, or since you are using 1/2 cup of powdered sweetener, I would cut down the protein powder. But you said you did add an extra egg, hmmm. Maybe try 2 eggs, 2.5 scoops protein powder, and 1/2 cup sweetener?

Yeah, I need to experiment. Less protein powder would probably be better along with cutting down the baking time.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep, that's basically what this was, an experiment
Old 01-20-2010, 06:39 AM   #70

Quote:
Yep, that's basically what this was, an experiment
Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #71

MsWoods, did you have any problem with dryness with yours?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

I had no dryness, mine were very moist. On the bottom they were a little "gooey", I don't know if that's the right word to use, but the top was brown. I could tell they were done because the top was hardened, and I also put a knife in the middle to see if it came out clean. There was just a little teeny bit of batter on the knife.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #73

Quote:
I had no dryness, mine were very moist. On the bottom they were a little "gooey", I don't know if that's the right word to use, but the top was brown. I could tell they were done because the top was hardened, and I also put a knife in the middle to see if it came out clean. There was just a little teeny bit of batter on the knife.
Great, thanks for the info I'm shooting for moist next time!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #74
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
eating some for breakfast this morning and i prefer them cold. i love that i used orange extract cuz its yummy!
Tyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

I like them cold too, they have a different texture all together!

But they are super yummy hot out of the oven. Lol.

I actually had a huge zip loc bag in my fridge and I gave them all to my mom this morning. I just can't look at them for a couple days Lol.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlp2009
I follow the original recipe using the liquid sweetener, baked for 20 min. Mine turned out like dense brownies. They didn't puff up but they are really good after putting them in the plastic container and cooling them in the frig. (that's my preference, though I did have to eat some while they were still hot)
I think using the powdered sweetener would deifinitely change the texture bit. Adding the extra egg should have helped. Could there be a difference in the protein? I also use the Body Fortress.
I am going to experiment with different flavors and some with SF chocolate or carob chips. I like the pumpkin pie spice idea...yeah, the possibilities are endless with these!!
jlp2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp2009 View Post
~snip~
I think using the powdered sweetener would deifinitely change the texture bit. Adding the extra egg should have helped. Could there be a difference in the protein? I also use the Body Fortress.
I am going to experiment with different flavors and some with SF chocolate or carob chips. I like the pumpkin pie spice idea...yeah, the possibilities are endless with these!!
I haven't made these (yet!), but I think you might be on to something there. When I've baked with whey powder, I get different results when I use a different brand.
Madam De Leon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I made a lowfat version of these (because I need that)--I used 1.5 scoops of Cookie Dough protein powder, 1 Tbs butter and an equal amount of z-trim, and 1/3 cup liquid eggwhites and baked 15 minutes. Purty good, especially with a tiny smidgeon of whipped cream cheese on top. I figured less than 300 calories for the whole batch.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenerosity
Stats: 304/209/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/1/07
I used Designer Whey PP, about a quarter cup of SF vanilla Torani's, and a few drops of NuNaturals stevia. I liked it warm but it was great for breakfast this morning too!

Thanks again for a great and easy recipe!
jenerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
I tried half a recipe this morning as I have a bunch of whey protein packets from a variety pack I bought that I needed to use up. I made vanilla and added Banana DaVincis (another thing I needed to use up so this worked out well!) I added two packets of Truvia which turned out to be overkill. I used half butter and half CO. I am going to try a recipe with all CO and see how that goes as it's my preferred fat.

It was very good. Better cold I agree. Puffed up and stayed pretty thick after cooking. Very dense and chewy. Too sweet but I am going to skip the Davincis next batch and see how this works with just Truvia. I will add some water to make up for the missing liquid from the liquid sweetener in the original recipe.

I am having surgery (again!) soon so I think I will make a bunch of these up and freeze for recovery time. I don't know that whey protein holds up all that well to baking but with the egg and fat and some protein from the powder I think this would be a good thing to have around.

As soon as I can get my hands on some Ztrim I will definitely try that out.

Thanks Ms Woods for your brilliant creation!

Last edited by Minnas; 01-20-2010 at 12:13 PM..
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #81

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnas View Post
Too sweet but I am going to skip the Davincis next batch and see how this works with just Truvia. I will add some water to make up for the missing liquid from the liquid sweetener in the original recipe.
Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing any Da Vinci syrup in the original recipe. I thought MsWoods used the liquid equivalent of 1/2 cup of granular sweetener which I assumed would only be a few drops. Maybe that's why mine didn't turn out like hers. Was there supposed to be 1/2 cup of liquid in the batter?
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue View Post
Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing any Da Vinci syrup in the original recipe. I thought MsWoods used the liquid equivalent of 1/2 cup of granular sweetener which I assumed would only be a few drops. Maybe that's why mine didn't turn out like hers. Was there supposed to be 1/2 cup of liquid in the batter?
No no, you are correct LS. After the fact, Txloser asked me about using DaVincis syrup, so I tested it out for her, and used 1/2 cup DaVincis, but had to add another scoop of protein powder to make it thick enough. The original recipe had 2tsp of liquid sweet and low.

I think yours wasn't fluffy just because the pan you used was too big for that amount of batter (1/2 the recipe).
Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, I see. I read the recipe as calling for 1/2 cup liquid sweetener since you said you used liquid. I'm not familiar with liquid Sweet and low so just assumed it was like a Davinci's thing. Sorry for the confusion. I added 1/4 cup syrup to my half recipe and it came out nice and moist and not flat. I have no idea why this seemed to work for me. My batter was so thick I had to use a spatula to get it out of the bowl and smooth the top of it out before baking. I did not have to add more powder (I used 1.5 scoops for half recipe...is that right?) At any rate, this worked well for me so I'm going to stick with it I think.

Last edited by Minnas; 01-20-2010 at 01:11 PM..
Old 01-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I must be doing something wrong because I made a second batch in chocolate and I HAD to add liquid in order to get it out of the magic bullet the batter was SO thick. I left out the Davincis and used liquid Stevia and Erythritol but then added 1/4 cup water when it sounded like the motor on my magic bullet would burn up. I even used less protein powder than called for only using 1 scoop with 1 Tbsp cocoa powder. Maybe there is a lot of difference in protein powders? I used Optimum Nutrition for this batch and ON plus some Jay Robb for the vanilla. Seriously I couldn't get it out of the container without the addition of some water.

I used chocolate mint flavor and added some cocoa and used all butter this time. I made them into muffins. I tasted one warm and didn't like it nearly as much as the vanilla. I will try another bite when cold. I'm not a big fan of chocolate mint either so that could be a part of it. I'm going to try this with another brand or pp, MRM, and see if that makes any difference.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wattobotf
Stats: 252/232/175
WOE: Higher Fat Bernstein's/Atkins
Start Date: Restart June 1, 2010
Quote:
I decided to make a separate thread here for this because it has taken over someones thread in the main lobby.

2 eggs
3 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sweetener (I use liquid sweet n low)

Melt butter, add eggs, whey protein powder and sweetener. Mix well and put in a 6x6 baking dish. Cook on 325 for about 15-20 minutes. Makes 9 servings. Each serving has about 1g carb per piece, depending on the whey protein powder you use.
Counts per batch: Cal:1347 Fat:364 Carb:8.8
Per 1/9th: Cal:150 Fat:40.4 Carb: 1

For the chocolate:
2 eggs
2.5 scoops whey protein powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sweetener

Per Batch: Cal:1322 Fat:364 Carb:13.3
Per 1/9th: Cal:147 Fat:40.4 Carb:1.5

Edited to add: If you want these less cake like and more hard and portable and "bar like" only use 1 egg. The counts for the recipe this way is:
Per Recipe: Cal:872 Fat:312.8 Carb:8.8
Per 1/9th: Cal:96.9 Fat:34.76 Carb:1

I used the Body Fortress brand at Walmart but if you used Jay Robb or another lower carb brand they wouldn't even have that many carbs! The Jay Robb brand would reduce the carbs from 8.8 to 3.8.

These carb counts are using liquid sweet and low (not 1/2 cup but the equivelant). If you use granular sweetener the carb counts will go up.
Does anyone know how many tablespoons or portions of a cup a scoop of whey protein powder equates to? I don't have a scoop for mine and am interested in trying to create these.

Thanks!
wattobotf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #86

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattobotf View Post
Does anyone know how many tablespoons or portions of a cup a scoop of whey protein powder equates to? I don't have a scoop for mine and am interested in trying to create these.

Thanks!
Mine lists a scoop as 56 grams if this helps but varies with pp-some are definitely more dense or heavy than others.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My scoop is approx. 1/3 cup.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wattobotf
Stats: 252/232/175
WOE: Higher Fat Bernstein's/Atkins
Start Date: Restart June 1, 2010
Thanks. I'm going to try 1/3 cup
wattobotf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aptos Gal
Stats: 185/163/135
Start Date: November 2007
I can't wait to try these. I've missed having some kind of protein bar type of thing. I used Atkins bars for awhile but totally stalled out eating those. These look wonderful.
Thanks!
Aptos Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katlj
Stats: 142/134/btw. 127-125 5'7"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart (again *sigh*): 8/4/09
Marking my space. I really need something sweet that's not cream-cheese based -- not because I have problems with it, rather I'm a little tired of it. :P
katlj is offline   Reply With Quote