Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 05:31 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
TY so much for sharing this... I must go get some vanilla pp and try them
I should have mentioned - make sure you mix in the protein powder by hand - with a spoon or spatula, just like you creamed together the butter, splenda and egg. I don't know what might happen if you attempt to do it with a mixer, but I suspect it won't be a very palatable product, given how some who have made the "Not" recipe using a blender or mixer have ended up with a tough product.
Madam De Leon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam De Leon View Post
I should have mentioned - make sure you mix in the protein powder by hand - with a spoon or spatula, just like you creamed together the butter, splenda and egg. I don't know what might happen if you attempt to do it with a mixer, but I suspect it won't be a very palatable product, given how some who have made the "Not" recipe using a blender or mixer have ended up with a tough product.
Thanks for being so detailed...I always use a rubber spatula to make brownies and such so I shall do the same with these. Can't wait to try them!
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mainelydeb
Stats: 289/258/200
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Orig-2007-lost 90lb-Restart again
A BIG Thank you to Ms. Woods and everyone else for sharing these recipes. You guys are great!
Mainelydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn18
Stats: 262/210/162
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 30, 2009
Hello. I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me answer. I found Jay Robb egg white protein powder in chocolate flavor on the clearance rack at Kroger last night. Could I use this to make these?
Dawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Jennifer Eloff
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 1999
This thread is amazing! LOL Congrats Ms Woods but especially on your weight loss. Wow!
Jennifer Eloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenerosity
Stats: 304/209/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/1/07
I tried the cinnamon roll creation yesterday. I didn't get the gooey bottom, not sure what I did wrong but it was still awesome!! I added a smidge of baking powder and the texture is a little lighter than my previous attempts so I'll keep that addition.

Thanks again for this recipe, definitely a keeper!!
jenerosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ok Suzanna, I feel dumb. I used cream of tartar instead of baking powder

I don't know why for the life of me I grabbed it and thought it was the baking powder. Soooooooo, I'm trying it again right now:blush:
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #368
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, I feel so stupid. These are way better. They aren't like cookies though, they are way more like cake than my original recipe. I'm about to make a chocolate batch next.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Anyone know if Jarrow brand unflavored whey protein powder would work well for this? Does Walmart carry an unflavored brand?
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Dawn, I can't answer you question, sorry. But I hope your Jay Robb Chocolate egg white protein powder tastes a LOT better than the strawberry that I got. YUCK! Bitter! I can't stand the thought of throwing it out, but I haven't found a way to use it and like it either.
I had heard so much about how good Jay Robb was, that when I found this on sale, I bought it. The Whey protein MUST surely be better. That's what most people were talking about I think.
Have you tried the Chocolate for anything yet?

Thin in 2010, I've never used the Jarrow, so I don't know that either. I don't think I've ever seen unflavored at WalMart. I've only seen vanilla & chocolate. But..... not all WalMart's are created equal. Some carry things that other's don't.

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
The protein powder Suzanna used is a combo of proteins (milk, whey, and egg). I tried the cookies with Jay Robb vanilla whey protein and they spred all over my baking sheet (and I used almost a cup of protein powder to get the batter thick enough). They tasted awesome though, but I think the different protein powders are going to produce different results.

Very neat thread!
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Well shoot, I don't want to spend $18 on the Jarrow unflavored whey if I'm not sure it will work in this recipe. The vanilla NOW whey gave a very dry almost inedible result.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #373
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
The protein powder Suzanna used is a combo of proteins (milk, whey, and egg). I tried the cookies with Jay Robb vanilla whey protein and they spred all over my baking sheet (and I used almost a cup of protein powder to get the batter thick enough). They tasted awesome though, but I think the different protein powders are going to produce different results.

Very neat thread!

Ang, were did your turn out dry with the Jay Robb? I used JR and mine had the best flavor but they were very, very dry. (I still ate them though)! lol
Dreamchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

They weren't dry Dreamchaser, kind of chewy. I put a sheet of cookies in the oven and they immediately started to spread so I put the rest of batter in a mini loaf pan and baked until it was brown on top. The middle didn't cook all the way and was gooey. I put it in the fridge and the next day it was almost like carmel in the middle. Super yummy! I mixed the batter with a wooden spoon though. I used 1/4 cup room temp butter and 1/4 cup rice bran oil for the fats.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #375

Quote:
They weren't dry Dreamchaser, kind of chewy. I put a sheet of cookies in the oven and they immediately started to spread so I put the rest of batter in a mini loaf pan and baked until it was brown on top. The middle didn't cook all the way and was gooey. I put it in the fridge and the next day it was almost like carmel in the middle. Super yummy! I mixed the batter with a wooden spoon though. I used 1/4 cup room temp butter and 1/4 cup rice bran oil for the fats.
Thanks so much Ang for posting your results.

You are the only other person I've seen who has tried it with the Jay Robb so I was really curious to hear what you had to say. Mine were really dry but I also baked them 20 minutes so that could have been why.

Wow, so you added some rice bran oil in there as well..........Interesting!

I need to experiement with this recipe some more.

And I still think it's amazing how varied the results are. Interesting recipe indeed!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Anytime! I really worked the batter as little as possible because of what other folks said about it making it tough if overworked. I also used xylitol and a tad of blackstrap molasses - and stevia I think.

It's very interesting to see how different the results are!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #377

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Making the cinnamon roll version in a few minutes. I think I will sprinkle some chopped pecans on the bottom on the dish with the other stuff..I might butter the dish first so it will come out when flipped..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #378

Quote:
Anytime! I really worked the batter as little as possible because of what other folks said about it making it tough if overworked. I also used xylitol and a tad of blackstrap molasses - and stevia I think.

It's very interesting to see how different the results are!
Thanks again Ang. I was also wondering about your sweeteners. And I really did overwork my batter! Beat it to death with the electric mixer AND baked it the whole 20 minutes. No wonder mine was super dry!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #379
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Making the cinnamon roll version in a few minutes. I think I will sprinkle some chopped pecans on the bottom on the dish with the other stuff..I might butter the dish first so it will come out when flipped..
Results? Pictures? ANYTHING?!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #380

Char: I had to laugh at myself..because I was thinking I was making the donut holes and only put in one scoop of PP..duh..Having said that, the gooey part was way good and the cake part was very about 1/4 of an inch..LOL..

I used some molasses cuz I didn't have any brown d..but used white d and splenda and pecans and some of the butter from the cake went into the bottom of the pan to make sure it was spread out.

I think I will play with 2 scoops next time and see what happens. However, it tastes great..although a bit flat.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

The cinnamon "roll" ones I made were really good. The only difference was I sprayed the tin with cooking spray, sprinkled some cinnamon on the bottoms, and put the vanilla batter that had pecan pieces in it. The baking powder really helped mine rise so they weren't flat. I only made a couple this way though because I didn't know how they would turn out. I ended up having to freeze all of mine because I couldn't stop eating them. The last batch were by far the best. I used 3 eggs instead of two. I don't know how much of a difference that made.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #382

Thanks..Now, what size pan do you use again?? I used my 8 x 8 and was wondering if this is right. I do think 3 eggs with the 3 scoops would make a moister cake..Was this right?

Now..I wonder if we did the cinnamon roll version in a muffin pan?? Of course, making sure we sprayed the pan really well. I wonder how many it would make? 8?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #383
Big Yapper!!!!

I made mine in a muffin pan actually. Always sprayed the pan very well first. For the cinnamon ones I added cinnamon to the bottom. It actually made 18, using 1tbsp of batter for each. It doesn't look like much batter, but they puff up with the additional egg and baking powder. I also had to do it like this to lower the carb count. If you wanted them bigger you could use 2tbsp of batter and get about 9.

I really really wish I had a mini muffin tin because 1tbsp of batter would make the perfect mini muffin.

In my batter I also added about 1/4 cup chopped pecans. So it came out to:
3 eggs
3 scoops whey protein powder
2tbsp butter, melted
1tbsp (because I accidentally dumped it) baking powder
sweetener to taste
cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients together. Spray a muffin tin and sprinkle cinnamon on the bottom of each. Add 1tbsp of batter and cook for about 8-10 minutes. It took a lot less time for these.

Last edited by MsWoods; 02-25-2010 at 07:20 AM..
Old 02-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #384

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
I made mine in a muffin pan actually. Always sprayed the pan very well first. For the cinnamon ones I added cinnamon to the bottom. It actually made 18, using 1tbsp of batter for each. It doesn't look like much batter, but they puff up with the additional egg and baking powder. I also had to do it like this to lower the carb count. If you wanted them bigger you could use 2tbsp of batter and get about 9.

I really really wish I had a mini muffin tin because 1tbsp of batter would make the perfect mini muffin.

3 eggs
2tbsp butter, melted
sweetener to taste
cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients together. Spray a muffin tin and sprinkle cinnamon on the bottom of each. Add 1tbsp of batter and cook for about 8-10 minutes. It took a lot less time for these.
Thanks for summarizing this....definitely going to give it a try,
I do have the mini muffin pans..so maybe will try bite size of these
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #385
Big Yapper!!!!

Tx-honestly, 1tbsp of the batter might even bee a little too much for a mini muffin tin, they do puff up. I'm not sure though, definately let me know.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlPimp
Stats: 165/123/125
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post

3 eggs
2tbsp butter, melted
sweetener to taste
cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Did you use "vanilla" whey protein powder for this??

Last edited by GirlPimp; 02-25-2010 at 08:08 AM..
GirlPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, Vanilla. I added a little cinnamon to it and also on the bottom of the muffin tin.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjack1
I made the pizza crust last night and it was the best LC pizza crust I've had. It was really indiscernible from regular crust. I'm so excited. I used the following recipe:

3 scoops Designer Whey unflavored protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder

Mixed all together and spread in a preheated, greased cookie sheet, 11 X 9 inch. Baked for 5 minutes at 390 degrees F. Topped with toppings and broiled for a few minutes. It was great. Crust was perfect. Thanks Ms. Woods and SuzanneFrance.
cjack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlPimp
Stats: 165/123/125
Start Date: November 2, 2009
weeeeeeeee there are too many recipes here LOL

wow which one do I choose first

its like a kid in a candy store
GirlPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I think the latter recipes are the better ones. My original was great, but it's even better now that I added another egg and baking powder. Much lighter and not dry at all.