Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #331
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue View Post
I don't know about the Jay Robb scoop but a serving in grams of Body Fortress is based on a heaping scoopful, not level with the top edge of the scoop. I measured out 1/3 cup, packed and leveled and it weighed 28 grams. One scoop, packed and leveled weighed 26 grams.

Here's a picture that I just took of 33 grams of Body Fortress whey:

MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #332
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Suzanna, just wanted to let you know I added both your variations to my blog:
Low Carbin' Made Simple: Whey Not Cake and Whey Not Brownies!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
MsWoods.....I brought to work the chocolate protein bars with nuts on top. My co-workers low carbers and non low carbers loved them. Everyone wants the recipe!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm glad you all like them JKat.

I'm going to try to make the "cookies", but I couldn't find any chocolate chips that I was satisfied with carb count wise, so I'm going to finely chop an atkins bar and add that
Old 02-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #335
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
MsWoods i'm out of protein powder and i blame you LOL
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!

Lol, Chantyl I just got back from Walmart with another jug Lol. Suzanna's variations just look way too good. I can only imagine how they will taste with the "snicker" atkin bars in them Lol.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
I just made the chocolate ones, took a bite straight from the oven..mmmmm!! Nice chocolate fix, they were moist and delicious!! I used 1/2 splenda and 1/2 eryhtritol for my sweetener which worked really well, no bitter taste! I also used just a splash of chocolate davinci syrup because my batter was kinda thick. I am thinking about frosting them with a chocolate frosting..lol. These are a winner. I will deff. be trying the different tweeks on here!! Thanks MsWoods!!
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #338
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Lol, Chantyl I just got back from Walmart with another jug Lol. Suzanna's variations just look way too good. I can only imagine how they will taste with the "snicker" atkin bars in them Lol.
i want the cinnamon roll variation now! but alas i can't. LOL. I will hit up walmart on sunday.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #339
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm going for "snicker" cookies, I'll let yall know how it goes. (P.S. when I say Atkin Snicker I'm talking about the Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat bar)
Old 02-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #340
Tyl

i love that bar! i think its a great idea to use a cut up atkins bar... (and i like the atkins mounds and the atkins peanut butter cups...yummo) let me know how it goes...i want the cookies....

remember that cookie diet (where it was really like a protein bar in cookie shape)... i may have to get on this version of it post-runs!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 190-ish/136 now 176.6/168.8/140
WOE: VLC/m&e fast/Keto
Start Date: Every day!!
I've gone through THREE batches of these... Even my mom, who is a VERY picky eater just loves these. It's weird some peeps have been gotten dry bars... mine are gooey, moist, definitely brownie like.

I add unsweetened shredded coconut to mine and they come out perfect
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:45 AM   #342
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzannaFrance
WOE: +/-5 carbs per day
I made pizza last night using this recipe as the base (with unflavored protein powder).

I used butter and cream cheese as the fats, with a little garlic and onion powder thrown in.

I am not sure how it happened, but the crust tasted JUST LIKE a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza! You know, that succulent buttery crunch that it has? It was like that. I ate way too much just because the crust was so so good!

I have never even been able to replicate that pan crust even with a regular flour recipe, so this is like a minor miracle.

I just hope it comes out the same way next time as I ma not sure exactly what I did to make it happen this time.

THANK YOU MsWoods, AGAIN, for this AMAZING recipe. It is a game changer for sure.
SuzannaFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 AM   #343
Junior LCF Member

I think I figured it out. I just made a batch of cinnamon rolls and I turned up the temperature to 200 Celsius (390 F). It cooked faster and got much more brown and the crust was that crunchy buttery fluffy kind you get on a pan pizza (except sweet this time).

I think the higher temp is the key, as when I made the pizza I had the oven really hot.

WOW! It gets better and better!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Suzanna, you are so creative. I still haven't got to get the unflavored whey, just bought some vanilla to experiment with today. Send me a piece of Whey not pizza hut pizza Plz
Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jigglenomore
Stats: Mac Truck/Small SUV/Mini-Cooper
WOE: Atkins/South Beach/Low Glycemic/Voodoo
SuzannaFrance, will you share the amounts you used in your pizza crust? It sounds delicious!! And a huge thanks to you, MsWoods for the original post! It's wonderful!
jigglenomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #346
Tyl

pizza!?!?

you guys are killing me over here!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #347

Gallery: SweetPoison2
Stats: 246/232/180
WOE: DASH Diet & HHCG
Start Date: June 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzannaFrance View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post... although I've been an active lurker for over a year. Love this forum for tips and recipes!

Anyway, what inspired me to finally post was this wonderful, versatile recipe! Thank you MsWoods!

First, I use an unflavored protein powder that has less than .2 grams per scoop and have made lovely savory cakes omitting the "sugar" and adding salt and herbs. Makes a great pizza base.

And MY FAVORITE and the reason I wanted to post:

This makes FANTASTIC CINNAMON ROLLS! Well, not rolls, but they taste like it.

I put a mix of Somersweet and Diabetisweet brown and lots of cinnamon in the baking pan FIRST. Then I add the basic mix on top. I also sprinkle that with cinnamon and bake. (I also use a pinch of baking powder in mine, but it rises whether you do or not).

Any seepage of butter mixes with the "sugar" and cinnamon and makes a delicious and decadent glaze. I turn it over onto a plate when I take it out, while it is still hot. It glazes up and makes what tastes like heaven to me!

Something between Monkey bread and cinnamon rolls.

YUM!

I have also made donut holes with this and they are fantastic as well. I LOVE this recipe!!!
What are these and where can they be found?
SweetPoison2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #348

Does someone know the exact recipe for the choc brownies and the cinnamon/monkey bread?

I so can not go through all these pages with my headache
Old 02-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

chocolate recipe is the first post. Cinn on page 11 i believe.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #350

Thank You!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:52 AM   #351
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglenomore View Post
SuzannaFrance, will you share the amounts you used in your pizza crust? It sounds delicious!! And a huge thanks to you, MsWoods for the original post! It's wonderful!
I will definitely be trying to make this recipe again, and will note everything I do so it can be replicated. Believe me, I want to be able to make it happen again and again! LOVE Pizza Hut Pan! LOL

Will post results as soon as I make it again, sometime next week.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #352
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I tried the cookies. They did not at all get thick like yours (batter) and I put them on a baking sheet and in the oven they just ran together. So I used a muffin tin and put a tbsp of batter in each tin, and they came out better formed, a little more cookie like, but definately didn't look anything like yours. They are still really really good and very much more addicting than the regular "whey not cake".
Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #353
Junior LCF Member

I think it is all about the protein powder. Here are the ingredients in InkoSpor Muscle 95 (in French)

Ingrédients :
Caséinate de calcium, lactosérum en poudre (lactoglobuline et lactalbumine), carbonate de magnésium, blanc d’œuf déshydraté, vitamine C, acidifiant acide citrique, niacine, vitamine E, acide pantothénique, vitamine B6, vitamine B2, vitamine B1, acide folique (ou vitamine B9), vitamine B12.

In English: Milk Protein, Whey Protein, Magnesium Carbonate, Powdered Egg White and the vitamins... etc

If that helps you find an equivalent in US. There are no sweeteners, no flavorings, just 95% proteins and 5% vitamins.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah mine has a list a mile long Lol. They were still very good and do taste different than the "cake". I added another egg to it and used 4 scoops and it made 18 "cookies". I also did crush up an atkins bar and add it and it adds good flavor.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
I didn't use your "Not" recipe, but I make snickerdoodles from whey protein - I just changed a few things in my regular high carb snickerdoodle recipe to make it LC. They come out puffed up, very light, and crisp - or can be a little more chewy, depending on how long they're cooked. I prefer to have them cooked crisp, so that the protein powder doesn't taste so much like protein powder.

I cook them in the microwave, so they don't brown, but with the cinnamon the dough is rolled in, it doesn't really matter.

They're terribly addictive, because they taste like the real thing.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam De Leon View Post
I didn't use your "Not" recipe, but I make snickerdoodles from whey protein - I just changed a few things in my regular high carb snickerdoodle recipe to make it LC. They come out puffed up, very light, and crisp - or can be a little more chewy, depending on how long they're cooked. I prefer to have them cooked crisp, so that the protein powder doesn't taste so much like protein powder.

I cook them in the microwave, so they don't brown, but with the cinnamon the dough is rolled in, it doesn't really matter.

They're terribly addictive, because they taste like the real thing.
Um, details...PLEASE!!!!
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Um, details...PLEASE!!!!
LC Snickerdoodles

1 stick (1/4 pound) unsalted butter, softened (Do not nuke! You want it soft but solid)
1 egg
1/2 cup splenda
3-4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (I use Body Fortress, YMMV with any other brand)
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

For the cinnamon/splenda mixture:
3 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp splenda

Mix the cinnamon and splenda together in a small bowl and set aside.

Cream together the butter, splenda, and egg. Then mix in the first scoop of protein powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Add 2 more scoops of protein, one at a time, and mix in. Add enough of that last scoop of protein powder that the dough is stiff enough to mold. Your goal is to have the protein powder thoroughly mixed in, but not have the dough too dry, or it won't hold together.

This recipe will make approximately 4 dozen cookies.

Mold each ball from approximately 1 tsp dough. Roll balls in cinnamon/splenda mixture. Flatten out the balls of dough between your fingers to approximately 1-1/2" diameter, then dip each side in the cinnamon splenda again.

Place each flattened piece of dough on a large plate (such as a flat cake plate) all around the outside edge. A cake plate will hold approximately 1 dozen placed around the edge.

Nuke on high for about 55-70 seconds. For crisp cookies, check to make sure the cookies are firm. Remove to a cool plate or cooling rack.

Repeat with the rest of the dough.

Try not to eat then all at once!
Madam De Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
I have a question about the protein powders. Which one is everyone using? The Protein Whey Concentrate, or Whey Protein Isolate?
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #359
Big Yapper!!!!

Mine is Body Fortress whey protein powder. I'm not sure what the difference is. Mine is the one you make protein shakes from.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam De Leon View Post
LC Snickerdoodles

1 stick (1/4 pound) unsalted butter, softened (Do not nuke! You want it soft but solid)
1 egg
1/2 cup splenda
3-4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (I use Body Fortress, YMMV with any other brand)
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

For the cinnamon/splenda mixture:
3 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp splenda

Mix the cinnamon and splenda together in a small bowl and set aside.

Cream together the butter, splenda, and egg. Then mix in the first scoop of protein powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Add 2 more scoops of protein, one at a time, and mix in. Add enough of that last scoop of protein powder that the dough is stiff enough to mold. Your goal is to have the protein powder thoroughly mixed in, but not have the dough too dry, or it won't hold together.

This recipe will make approximately 4 dozen cookies.

Mold each ball from approximately 1 tsp dough. Roll balls in cinnamon/splenda mixture. Flatten out the balls of dough between your fingers to approximately 1-1/2" diameter, then dip each side in the cinnamon splenda again.

Place each flattened piece of dough on a large plate (such as a flat cake plate) all around the outside edge. A cake plate will hold approximately 1 dozen placed around the edge.

Nuke on high for about 55-70 seconds. For crisp cookies, check to make sure the cookies are firm. Remove to a cool plate or cooling rack.

Repeat with the rest of the dough.

Try not to eat then all at once!
TY so much for sharing this... I must go get some vanilla pp and try them
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote