Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Oopsie Roll? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/655626-oopsie-roll.html)

Beeb 01-09-2010 07:55 AM

Oopsie Roll?

Now what is that???? :confused::eek:

lisabinil 01-09-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 12968677)
Now what is that???? :confused::eek:

Cleochatra's revamp of the Revolution Roll-there is a sticky in the recipe forum.

cleochatra 01-09-2010 07:59 AM

6 Attachment(s)
It's just a goof from my kitchen. I accidentally was mentally spazzing and added double the cream cheese to a recipe and ended up with these beauties, all now a part of the oopsie roll megaverse:

L-R: avatar: blackberry shortcake; below: *oopsie rolls with Baconator; crepes; chocolate dipped cake; cream puff; *donut; waffles (* = induction friendly)

missgocart 01-09-2010 08:01 AM

They rock my world every day!

Beeb 01-09-2010 08:02 AM

cleochatra OMG :eek: Where do I find the recipe for these babies!!! :notwrthy:

debkeversole 01-09-2010 08:03 AM

Oh YES you must try the OOPSIES!!! wonderful invention and i could NEVER thank Cleo enough for it and all it's variations!!:notwrthy::notwrthy::love::love::love:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/re...buns-more.html

read ALL of that thread!!

lisabinil 01-09-2010 08:05 AM

Sticky in the recipe forum with many people's experiences and also on Cleo's blog.

cleochatra 01-09-2010 08:06 AM

They're here at LCF, but I'm not sure where. LOL! There are so many amazing recipes, I have no idea where they went.

Oopsie rolls
How to make them tips
Waffles
chocolate dipped cake
shortcake
Donut
crepes
creampuff

lisabinil 01-09-2010 08:07 AM

Guys do you read my posts at all? I'm getting a complex-I posted it twice. :rofl:

cleochatra 01-09-2010 08:08 AM

I read you! I just went ahead and linked since the recipes thread is so long.

lisabinil 01-09-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 12968753)
I read you! I just went ahead and linked since the recipes thread is so long.

Whew! My paranoia was acting up! :laugh:

his_cinderella 01-09-2010 08:10 AM

OK..I moaned outloud when I saw those pictures...the dog looked at me like I was nuts...I'm soooooo off to your blog!!!!!

cleochatra 01-09-2010 08:13 AM

BTW, I want to add there are people who will say they don't like the rolls,and that's fine. Everyone likes something different.

I wanted to jump in and say this, since someone always jumps in and says they hate them, that oopsie rolls killed their mother in law or that oopsie rolls caused unrest in third world countries. Some say I never attribute credit to the original Atkins rolls, as though there is some nefarious plot to undermine Dr. Atkins and steal something. I have always been very forthright and up front in saying these were a screw up in the kitchen. Some have portion control issues with them (understandable) and some have to pour the batter into mini cake pans or muffin top pans to get them to keep their shape--perfectly acceptable and my preference since they don't always behave for everyone. Some add flax seed. some change the recipe totally. Not a big deal, no matter how you slice it. In short, they tend to be a bit of a lightning rod in terms of discussion.

Did I cover all of the conspiracies and possible issues? I'm trying to save people time. :laugh:

Make a third of a batch (2 rolls) as your first batch. If you love them, woohoo! If you hate them, you're only out one egg and an ounce of cream cheese.

babydollsea 01-09-2010 08:15 AM

Cleopatra is the BEST!:cool:

his_cinderella 01-09-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleochatra (Post 12968773)
BTW, I want to add there are people who will say they don't like the rolls,and that's fine. Everyone likes something different.

I wanted to jump in and say this, since someone always jumps in and says they hate them, that oopsie rolls killed their mother in law or that oopsie rolls caused unrest in third world countries. They tend to be a bit of a lightning rod in terms of discussion.

Make a third of a batch (2 rolls) as your first batch. If you love them, woohoo! If you hate them, you're only out one egg and an ounce of cream cheese.

Don't even know what they are as of yet but how can anyone hate cream cheese...LOL

Beeb 01-09-2010 08:16 AM

THANKS SO MUCH.......OFF TO YOUR BLOG AND THE LINKS YOU POSTED!!! :shake::high5::hugs:

lisabinil 01-09-2010 08:20 AM

:laugh: Cleo girl you are on a roll this week! You ever think about lc standup comedy?

Sorry for the threadjack Beeb!

debkeversole 01-09-2010 08:37 AM

ANOTHER hint for baking them those little aluminum foil disposible pans?? PERFECT for oopsies
i had some small round ones for mini pizza crusts
loaf ones make GREAT hoagie rolls and i used the 8 inch cake pan ones for regular pizza crusts

make chocolate ones in the haogie roll shape and layer with HWC whipped and sweetened with splenda for a yummy treat and it looks beautiful too!!

HTH

JoniBGoode 01-11-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

I wanted to jump in and say this, since someone always jumps in and says they hate them, that oopsie rolls killed their mother in law or that oopsie rolls caused unrest in third world countries. Some say I never attribute credit to the original Atkins rolls, as though there is some nefarious plot to undermine Dr. Atkins and steal something. I have always been very forthright and up front in saying these were a screw up in the kitchen. Some have portion control issues with them (understandable) and some have to pour the batter into mini cake pans or muffin top pans to get them to keep their shape--perfectly acceptable and my preference since they don't always behave for everyone. Some add flax seed. some change the recipe totally. Not a big deal, no matter how you slice it. In short, they tend to be a bit of a lightning rod in terms of discussion.

Did I cover all of the conspiracies and possible issues? I'm trying to save people time. :laugh:

But far more of us say that Jamie, aka "Cleo" is a goddess for inventing these. Honestly, I couldn't lowcarb without them.

This should be in Webster's Dictionary: Oopsie -- n. The delicious egg-based low-carb bread substitute, highly versitile and prized in all its forms.

They are the only low-carb "bread" that doesn't knock me out of ketosis.

lcditto 01-11-2010 12:10 PM

How do I store these wonderful inventions properly? How long do they last without freezing? I'd like to make more at a time. These make a bacon and mayonnaise sandwich to die for. I'm definitely going to carry these when I travel.

debkeversole 01-11-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcditto (Post 12979870)
How do I store these wonderful inventions properly? How long do they last without freezing? I'd like to make more at a time. These make a bacon and mayonnaise sandwich to die for. I'm definitely going to carry these when I travel.

i have used a rectangular tupperware container in the fridge with layers of paper towel in between them let them air a little while when you take them out of the fridge to dry a bit because they can gather moisture i have also used a large ziplock to store them also with paper towels to help with the moisture

i think that it was said that we could freeze them but mine have never lasted that long!!

Kisal 01-11-2010 09:22 PM

I freeze them, but I've learned to separate them with squares of waxed paper, so they don't stick together. They're fairly fragile when frozen, and can crumble and break while getting them 'unstuck'. They thaw rapidly, within a matter of minutes, just sitting on the counter. Then they're fine. :)

Patricia. 01-15-2010 07:34 AM

oopsie rolls

They just happen to be the best LC replacement for bread and rolls ever.Thanks again Cleochatra.

Patricia. 01-15-2010 07:42 AM

P.S. i keep mine in a tin can with holes punched in the cover to let some air in.They last 4 0r 5 days on the counter without getting all stickie or mushie.Thanks cleochatra.Truly a fan of all your recipes.

debkeversole 01-15-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia. (Post 12999691)
P.S. i keep mine in a tin can with holes punched in the cover to let some air in.They last 4 0r 5 days on the counter without getting all stickie or mushie.Thanks cleochatra.Truly a fan of all your recipes.

good idea! I have a Christmas tin that i can put holes in!! gonna be baking them all day SUnday!

Mrs.Hyder 04-11-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

I Also want to say that if at 1st you don't succeed you might want to make another small batch to make sure you didn't just make it wrong..... I did something wrong the first time and mine tasted really eggy and were flat but my 2nd try was SUCCESS! :high5: