Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
GTBraveGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 208
Gallery: GTBraveGirl
Stats: 323/282/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart Aug 24, 2012
Low Carb Recipe Pictures

I am on a low carb journey. I take in less than 20 grams a day. However, my WOE isn't strictly Induction. I would love to get pics and recipes of low carb meals that will fit into that life style. Here is my sausage and cheese floopsie to start it off. It was delicious and I can't make oopsies.

Floopsie Recipe (taken from a post by Diana)
4 eggs (separated? NAH!!)
4oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2tsp [COLOR="Red"]worth[/COLOR] of sweetener (splenda, stevia.. whatever equivalent)
2TBS coconut flour (I might try almond next...)

blend in magic bullet or blender and pour into a well greased 9x13 pan. there will be small lumps of cheese that's OK.

bake at 300 for 25 minutes

I did use almond flour which makes it induction nonfriendly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Floopsie.JPG (43.9 KB, 1288 views)
__________________
ROBIN

.............."If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."........Jimmy Buffett
GTBraveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
DEEDLYNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,755
Gallery: DEEDLYNN
Hi Robin......
I am a big fan of floopsies too....because I'm oopsie challenged. And...we have something else in common....I do less than 20 g carbs a day, but not strict Induction....and it works for me.
I have a ton of recipes....most that I have gathered on this and other low carb sites....but....I will participate here.....because I believe the more the information is out there....the more chance it will fall into the hands of someone who needs it.
Here are two simple things that I do with jello, that spruces up SF jello a bit.

First recipe...
Make jello has directed, but substitute lite coconut milk for the cold water only. (This pairs great with flavors like peach, orange, strawberry--but then again...I haven't found any flavors that it clashed with).

Second recipe
Make jello as directed, but substiute 4-6 oz of cream cheese for the cold water. This one is very good as well.

Like I said....simple recipes, but I like to have SF jello on hand and sometimes SF jello just needs a little kick!
DEEDLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
GTBraveGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 208
Gallery: GTBraveGirl
Stats: 323/282/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart Aug 24, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEDLYNN View Post
Hi Robin......
I am a big fan of floopsies too....because I'm oopsie challenged. And...we have something else in common....I do less than 20 g carbs a day, but not strict Induction....and it works for me.
I have a ton of recipes....most that I have gathered on this and other low carb sites....but....I will participate here.....because I believe the more the information is out there....the more chance it will fall into the hands of someone who needs it.
Here are two simple things that I do with jello, that spruces up SF jello a bit.

First recipe...
Make jello has directed, but substitute lite coconut milk for the cold water only. (This pairs great with flavors like peach, orange, strawberry--but then again...I haven't found any flavors that it clashed with).

Second recipe
Make jello as directed, but substiute 4-6 oz of cream cheese for the cold water. This one is very good as well.

Like I said....simple recipes, but I like to have SF jello on hand and sometimes SF jello just needs a little kick!

Anything to spruce up sf jello. Thanks. I can't wait to try the coconut milk. I've tried substituting cream, but it separates and is a little weird.
GTBraveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
DolphinsOnMyMind777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,938
Stats: 224/198.6/150
WOE: Atkins & Exercise
Start Date: Start Date: October 17,2011
Marking my spot!
DolphinsOnMyMind777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
something there
 
cleochatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 14,736
Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Is this the place for sessy sessy low-carb food pics?

Pictured left to right: *Cauliflower pizza crust and *breadsticks, chocolate dipped cake, *cauliflower noodle lasagna, fruit pizza (almond crust), *breaded mozzarella sticks, crepes

* = induction friendly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cauli pizza.jpg (70.0 KB, 727 views)
File Type: jpg chocolate(1).jpg (52.5 KB, 383 views)
File Type: jpg lasagna resized.jpg (20.9 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg fruit_pizza.jpg (23.9 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg saucay.jpg (42.9 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg crepes(2).jpg (22.9 KB, 352 views)

Last edited by cleochatra; 01-07-2010 at 06:31 PM..
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
DEEDLYNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,755
Gallery: DEEDLYNN
:THUD:

Cleo...I was wondering when you'd get here......The cauliflower pizza crust is on the menu for tomorrow night....(snowed in...good movie and pizza....yummo).

I'm also trying to get up the courage to do some "Doritos". I have shredded zucchini thawing in the fridge......so....that might be in the oven tomorrow night too.....

You always put a whole new spin on threads with the words RECIPES & PICS!

Thanks!!!
Dee
DEEDLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
something there
 
cleochatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 14,736
Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
You would SO not regret the Dorito goodness. I also like to follow up with the dehydrator for a couple hours after baking the Doritos, just to make sure they crisp up quickly. Leaving them out to crisp up takes too long and I'm impatient. LOL! Thank you for the compliment, you delicious lady.

I really need to make another pizza, and my 8 year old keeps bugging me for the breadsticks.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
Bobbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 2,674
Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Is this the place for sessy sessy low-carb food pics?

Pictured left to right: *Cauliflower pizza crust and *breadsticks, chocolate dipped cake, *cauliflower noodle lasagna, fruit pizza (almond crust), *breaded mozzarella sticks, crepes

* = induction friendly
I love creative cooks
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!
 
daisyHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 6,175
Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Cleo,

I LOVE your cali crust and I have also done your zucchini version. It's like my Holy Grail crust and also the zucchini one makes great wraps.
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Terra2721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 517
Gallery: Terra2721
Stats: 232/164/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart 9/17/2012
Got to add my love for the cauli pizza crust....absolute heaven!
Terra2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
something there
 
cleochatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 14,736
Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I am so glad you guys like the crust! You made my day.

Here are a few more low carb meals I've put together with recipes:

From left to right: *Chili dog in an oopsie hotdog wrap with fresh, *low carb pickle relish, *mock potato salad and dessert pizza; *fried rice, low carb fortune cookies, *stir fry (omit spring peas for induction), ginger dipping sauce, *breaded chicken; *chocolate donut; fruit pizza with almond crust; *taco pizza on a zucchini pizza crust; *crispy taco bowl and taco salad

* indicate induction friendly recipes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chilidog.jpg (95.6 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg chinese new year.jpg (52.9 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg donut.JPG (16.4 KB, 460 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2955.jpg (45.2 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg taco pizza.jpg (94.3 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg taco bowl 1.JPG (24.8 KB, 368 views)

Last edited by cleochatra; 01-07-2010 at 06:47 PM..
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lori121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,309
Gallery: lori121
Stats: Jan 232.5/199.5/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
All the recipes that I use are Cleochtra's ..
lori121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
daisyHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 6,175
Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Oh..
Did the Taco Salad too.

It was great!
It's very versatile.

I tried to do a "taco" shell but didn't have great luck. I think I made them too thin.

This is getting me inspired again Cleo!
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
bflogurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,051
Gallery: bflogurl
Seriously?? How did you make that donut?? Cleo, are you for hire??
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
Bobbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 2,674
Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Cleo's recipes and creativity are AMAZING!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!
 
daisyHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 6,175
Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Ooopsie donut, right Cleo?

I have not made that one but I love your Oopsies. I started making them and smashing them flat and grilling them with cheese for a grilled cheese.

They are good.
Want to do a garlic bread with them some time.
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #17
something there
 
cleochatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 14,736
Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
The donut was super easy and based on the oopsie batter (as Daisy says). It's really more of a cruller. The donut glaze is Atkins induction friendly if you use cocoa powder to make the glaze and keep to one glazed donut per day. It's here if you want to check the ingredients.

Thanks for being so sweet. I'm gearing up for more recipes, and have about 100 more planned on a sheet that I want to conquer in the next couple months. I had been swamped.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #18
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 138
Gallery: LivestrongH2
Stats: 30 y/o and 6'3!!! 249/239/190
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 12/28/09
Taste of Germany!

Best dinner I've had in a long time (husband agrees!)

Recipes from Linda's low carb site.

CRISPY CABBAGE
1 medium head cabbage, about 27 ounces before trimming
4 tablespoons butter, melted
Salt and pepper
Cut the cabbage into 1-inch wedges making sure to keep the core intact on every wedge. See the photo below. You may lose a few of the lose outer leaves that aren't attached to the core. Place the cabbage on a baking sheet and brush with the melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn the wedges over and do the same on the other side. Roast at 450║ until the cabbage is browned around the edges, about 20-25 minutes.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

I came up w/ pork recipe based off of Linda's breaded chicken recipe

For breading I used: crushed pork rinds, parm cheese, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and tony chachers. Flattened out pork, dipped into egg white, coated w/ breading and fried in pan til both sides brown and crispy.

It was to die for!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (36.2 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (44.3 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (25.8 KB, 373 views)
LivestrongH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #19
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 138
Gallery: LivestrongH2
Stats: 30 y/o and 6'3!!! 249/239/190
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 12/28/09
Cleo- I made your egg drop soup the other day and it was soooooooooo delicious!!!!! Oh, and super easy to make too!
LivestrongH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
GTBraveGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 208
Gallery: GTBraveGirl
Stats: 323/282/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart Aug 24, 2012
My mouth is watering. I'm trying to figure out what recipe to use next. YUMMMMM
GTBraveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 138
Gallery: LivestrongH2
Stats: 30 y/o and 6'3!!! 249/239/190
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 12/28/09
tomorrow I'm making Linda's chili relleno casserole: (I'll post pics tomorrow)
LivestrongH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SmileySue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,237
Gallery: SmileySue
Stats: 332/125, size 2 Maintaining since 3/08!!
WOE: Low carb and clean eating/whole foods
Start Date: 9/05
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I'm gearing up for more recipes, and have about 100 more planned on a sheet that I want to conquer in the next couple months.
I can hardly wait!!
SmileySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!
 
bflogurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,051
Gallery: bflogurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
The donut was super easy and based on the oopsie batter (as Daisy says). It's really more of a cruller. The donut glaze is Atkins induction friendly if you use cocoa powder to make the glaze and keep to one glazed donut per day. It's here if you want to check the ingredients.

Thanks for being so sweet. I'm gearing up for more recipes, and have about 100 more planned on a sheet that I want to conquer in the next couple months. I had been swamped.
Thanks Cleo, can't wait to experiment
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
Nannyhooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Alabama
Posts: 137
Gallery: Nannyhooch
Stats: 173.5/167/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 14,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBraveGirl View Post
I am on a low carb journey. I take in less than 20 grams a day. However, my WOE isn't strictly Induction. I would love to get pics and recipes of low carb meals that will fit into that life style. Here is my sausage and cheese floopsie to start it off. It was delicious and I can't make oopsies.

Floopsie Recipe (taken from a post by Diana)
4 eggs (separated? NAH!!)
4oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2tsp [COLOR="Red"]worth[/COLOR] of sweetener (splenda, stevia.. whatever equivalent)
2TBS coconut flour (I might try almond next...)

blend in magic bullet or blender and pour into a well greased 9x13 pan. there will be small lumps of cheese that's OK.

bake at 300 for 25 minutes

I did use almond flour which makes it induction nonfriendly.
Hey GTbravegirl! Count me in on your new thread! I too am on induction but love to see the different variety of foods that I can use on induction and then foods to look forward to when and if I am not on induction. It is great you have started a sight where we will be comfortable posting any new recipe. And super glad that "The Amazing Cleo" has already posted her recipes!!!! We are all on the same journey helping each other along the way...whatever it takes.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Nannyhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
GTBraveGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 208
Gallery: GTBraveGirl
Stats: 323/282/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart Aug 24, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyhooch View Post
Hey GTbravegirl! Count me in on your new thread! I too am on induction but love to see the different variety of foods that I can use on induction and then foods to look forward to when and if I am not on induction. It is great you have started a sight where we will be comfortable posting any new recipe. And super glad that "The Amazing Cleo" has already posted her recipes!!!! We are all on the same journey helping each other along the way...whatever it takes.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Thank you for coming over. I wasn't trying to be petty. My feelings really were hurt. I was so excited about that floopsie because I cannot make oopsies. I absolutely forgot that almond flour wasn't induction friendly.
I'm glad you are here.

Positive note: I started re-reading DANDR to try and remind myself about the RULES of induction.
GTBraveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #26
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 138
Gallery: LivestrongH2
Stats: 30 y/o and 6'3!!! 249/239/190
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 12/28/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBraveGirl View Post
Thank you for coming over. I wasn't trying to be petty. My feelings really were hurt. I was so excited about that floopsie because I cannot make oopsies. I absolutely forgot that almond flour wasn't induction friendly.
I'm glad you are here.

Positive note: I started re-reading DANDR to try and remind myself about the RULES of induction.
I'll be posting all of my food pics here from now on. Chili relleno pics tonight!
LivestrongH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
Nannyhooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Alabama
Posts: 137
Gallery: Nannyhooch
Stats: 173.5/167/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 14,2011
I have a question, nothing to do with pics of induction food..so don't get upset...LOL I haven't tried to post a pic of food, but I have problems trying to upload a profile pic. Pixel count is correct, it just won't upload...

GT I know ur feelings were hurt and jumping on you and the way it was handled was uncalled for. Just a simple note like barbade or however it's spelled was plenty.

Time to move on you and your floopsies....Get your floopsie in gear and let's lose some weight!
Nannyhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
GTBraveGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 208
Gallery: GTBraveGirl
Stats: 323/282/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart Aug 24, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyhooch View Post
I have a question, nothing to do with pics of induction food..so don't get upset...LOL I haven't tried to post a pic of food, but I have problems trying to upload a profile pic. Pixel count is correct, it just won't upload...

GT I know ur feelings were hurt and jumping on you and the way it was handled was uncalled for. Just a simple note like barbade or however it's spelled was plenty.

Time to move on you and your floopsies....Get your floopsie in gear and let's lose some weight!

I don't know about the profile pic. I just save it in my hard drive picture file and upload. I've never had a problem. I can only say, keep trying. Maybe use some different pics.

Anyone else out there know why it won't upload????

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
GTBraveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #29
something there
 
cleochatra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 14,736
Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Some pictures are too big in file size and need to be resized. I use paint.net to resize.

Here is mah lunch and dinner and breakfast for the next three days! Hee! The kitchen smells so amazing right now. One is a white pizza (right) and one is a red sauce pizza (left). Both are cauliflower crust and induction friendly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pizza January.jpg (29.3 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpg White pizza.jpg (26.8 KB, 430 views)
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Jennifer Eloff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tropics
Posts: 3,129
Gallery: Jennifer Eloff
WOE: Atkins/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 1999
Good grief, Cleo, those photos of your wonderful recipes all clustered together in one spot are downright mouth-watering! Thanks for making me hungry all over again!! Nice to "see" you again. Hope all is going well. Happy New Year to you and your family.
Jennifer Eloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends« is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.