Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!
 
MsWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 9,424
Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I need the official best stuffing recipe...

I know there are Thanksgiving threads everywhere and I've seen quite a few different recipes and methods for stuffing. I need to know a tried and true stuffing recipe.

The dry ingredients we have are:
Carbqick
Almond flour
Flax Meal
Soy Flour

I've tried to make one with Flax muffins but it turns out slimy
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Rdm
Senior LCF Member
 
Rdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 217
Gallery: Rdm
Stats: 202150/145
WOE: Moderate carbs
Why not just make one from a lc bread such as Healthy Life or Trader Joe's Sprouted Whole Wheat?
Rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
The Chicken Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,207
Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
I use this recipe to make my cornbread and then cut it up into cubes and dry it out in the oven. Then use it to make my stuffing the same way I have always made cornbread stuffing.

You can cut the carbs some by subbing Carbquik for the oat flour and if you don't have any way of grinding popcorn up, can sub some whole meal organic corn meal from a health food store.

There is a picture of this cornbread in this thread.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ng-recipe.html

Golden Corn Bread

2 cups-(8ounces) almond flour-
1/2 cup-(2ounces) oat flour
2/3 cup-(3-1/2ounces) popcorn meal
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup…homemade LC milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil. Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Carbs 137
Fiber -41
Total 96 usable carbs for the whole bread

96 divided by 12 servings = 8 carbs per serving
96 divided by 8 servings = 12 carbs per serving
__________________
Courage doesn't always Roar - Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of day saying I will try again tomorrow.
The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
jamingrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southeast pennsylvania
Posts: 377
Gallery: jamingrs
Stats: 224.8/196.0/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sometime in 2000
I make mine with Ezekiel bread, mushrooms, sausage, celery, onion, and fresh herbs(parsley, sage, thyme). Saute veggies in butter(lots!) add cooked crumbled sausage, cubed bread, and enough chicken stock to make it as moist as you want. I only use 4 slice of bread, a whole pound of sausage, an 8 oz package of mushrooms, one stalk celery and one small onion. I bake it in a casserole dish, because my mom makes her traditional stuffing in the turkey.
jamingrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SCOTTSDALE.AZ
Posts: 4,054
Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
ChickenLady, I made your cornbread the other night, and it was just fabulous. It is a 10 in my book. Thank you thank you. Julie
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
MsWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 9,424
Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
We don't have any LC bread in my area, I don't have any of the large chain stores like Trader Joes. I have to make something from scratch.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Rdm
Senior LCF Member
 
Rdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 217
Gallery: Rdm
Stats: 202150/145
WOE: Moderate carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
We don't have any LC bread in my area, I don't have any of the large chain stores like Trader Joes. I have to make something from scratch.
I have a friend in TX who eats the Healthy Life bread-it's at most grocery store chains now. What stores do you have available?
Rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!
 
MsWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 9,424
Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
We have United Supermarket and Walmart basically.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
Rdm
Senior LCF Member
 
Rdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 217
Gallery: Rdm
Stats: 202150/145
WOE: Moderate carbs
Check WalMart for it-the one up here does so hopefully yours does go. I know you can request certain items at WalMart too and sometimes they can get it in. Good Luck!
Rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!
 
MsWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 9,424
Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I will def. check. Thanks so much
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
The Chicken Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,207
Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE View Post
ChickenLady, I made your cornbread the other night, and it was just fabulous. It is a 10 in my book. Thank you thank you. Julie
Cool!! We are having small red beans, smoked sausage and cornbread for supper tonight. I'm going to try making the cornbread with all almond flour...cutting out the oat flour... to save a few carbs and see how it turns out.

The Walmart brand of small red beans has 22g carbs and 16g fiber...they are really good and make great chili as well.
The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SCOTTSDALE.AZ
Posts: 4,054
Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Let us know how it turns out. I think it was just perfect, but I didn't have oat flour, so I used whole wheat pastry flour.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SCOTTSDALE.AZ
Posts: 4,054
Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Mswoods, try Nature's Own double fiber bread. It's not in the low carb section. My walmart carries it. It is a little higher in carbs that the lc bread. It hasnet 8 carbs per slice, but is really good. And if you just ate some, I think you'de be all right.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
The Chicken Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,207
Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE View Post
Let us know how it turns out. I think it was just perfect, but I didn't have oat flour, so I used whole wheat pastry flour.
The almond flour makes a lovely cornbread...I think I like it better this way then with the oat flour.

Golden Corn Bread

3 cups-(12ounces) almond flour-
2/3 cup-(3-1/2ounces) popcorn meal
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup…homemade LC milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil. Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
BikerAng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Duvall, WA
Posts: 2,590
Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Awesome, thanks for the additional tweaks Chicken Lady! I tried your cornbread with oat flour and thought it was fantastic. Hard to believe it can get any better!

We're having a friends chili cookoff type thing on Sunday, I'm definitely bringing this. Thanks for an amazing recipe!
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
The Chicken Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,207
Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
Awesome, thanks for the additional tweaks Chicken Lady! I tried your cornbread with oat flour and thought it was fantastic. Hard to believe it can get any better!

We're having a friends chili cookoff type thing on Sunday, I'm definitely bringing this. Thanks for an amazing recipe!
Your welcome...hope you have a good time at your cookoff.
The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
PlaZma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 70
Gallery: PlaZma
Stats: 335/220/GOAL!
WOE: Atkins
This was my Grandmothers meat stuffing recipe. It depends on how big a turkey you are making. G-ma always made at least a 20 lb. bird. Read through the entire recipe before you begin.



1 stick of butter

1 very large onion diced or 2 medium onions

4 stalks (ribs) of celery (about 1/3 of the whole thing) diced- use the leafy tops too.

1/2 bunch fresh parsley chopped

1 lb. sliced mushrooms

1/4 cup raisins (I prefer craisins)

1/4 cup pine nuts (lightly toasted in a dry frying pan) They burn quickly, so watch them.

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp pepper

1 tablespoon of dried thyme

1 lb. of chopped beef or turkey or chicken or venisen

1 lb. of sausage (Jimmy Deans) the kind in a tube ( if you can find the sage flavored one use that!!)

1/2 cup of grated Italian Cheese (Parmesan/Romano)



Melt the butter in a very large frying pan, then add the onion, celery, mushrooms, parsley, Salt and pepper and the thyme, let brown slightly for about 10 minutes. Add the raisins and pine nuts, cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside in a bowl and let cool. In the same pan, brown off the chopped meat and the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks. Don't discard the drippings, Add everything together, drippings, meat, and all the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Taste for salt. If you can't find pine nuts ( they have them at Sam's and Costco) you can use sliced almonds. If you use the sliced almonds increase the amount to 1/2 cup of almonds. Sprinkle the cheese into the mixture and stir just before stuffing the bird. The cheese helps to bind everything together. It should be very moist and loose. Be sure to stuff the neck cavity too.

The flavor goes through the whole bird with this dressing .

Let me know how it turns out. I assure you you'll never crave a bread stuffing again!
__________________
Chat's "SwampViper"!
PlaZma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
Resident crazy dog lady
 
sistertzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 5,072
Gallery: sistertzu
Stats: 244/goal -90 Atkins/IF
WOE: VLC/no grain/ minimal dairy
Start Date: originally march 08 but every day is a fresh start
OMG Miss Woods you're such a cutie!!! Great pics.

I made dressing with mock cornbread without carbquick (I didn't use soy grits though) from Linda Sues site. I cubed it and dried it in a low oven, sauteed celery, leeks, garlic in clarified butter, add whatever herbs, I like tarragon, add cubes of mock cornbread, moisten with broth add whatever add-ins water chestnuts, pecans, and a few dehydrated cranberries (no sugar) is what I used toss lightly as to not break it up. bake till crispy 30 mins or so in a 325-350 oven.

Sis
sistertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
mac24312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Far SW Virginia
Posts: 3,563
Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chicken Lady View Post
I use this recipe to make my cornbread and then cut it up into cubes and dry it out in the oven. Then use it to make my stuffing the same way I have always made cornbread stuffing.

You can cut the carbs some by subbing Carbquik for the oat flour and if you don't have any way of grinding popcorn up, can sub some whole meal organic corn meal from a health food store.

There is a picture of this cornbread in this thread.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ng-recipe.html

Golden Corn Bread

2 cups-(8ounces) almond flour-
1/2 cup-(2ounces) oat flour
2/3 cup-(3-1/2ounces) popcorn meal
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup…homemade LC milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil. Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Carbs 137
Fiber -41
Total 96 usable carbs for the whole bread

96 divided by 12 servings = 8 carbs per serving
96 divided by 8 servings = 12 carbs per serving

Do you have your LC Corn Bread stuffing recipe that you use for Thanksgiving will you can pm me with it please?? I am now thinking I will double your LC Cornbread to use in it instead

TY
HUGS
Christina
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SCOTTSDALE.AZ
Posts: 4,054
Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Super, Chickenlady, I'll try that next time. I sure did love it with the ww Pastry flour.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!
 
The Chicken Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,207
Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac24312 View Post
Do you have your LC Corn Bread stuffing recipe that you use for Thanksgiving will you can pm me with it please?? I am now thinking I will double your LC Cornbread to use in it instead

TY
HUGS
Christina
I have never really used a recipe...I just make it the way my Mom always did. It's mostly to taste...but I'll do my best to tell you how I make it.

Thaw out your turkey and remove the neck and giblets...I do this the day before and add about 2 pounds of chicken wings to the mix. They add a lot of flavor.

Put the turkey and chicken in a stock pot with about two to three quarts of water and a couple of chopped onions, chopped celery, chopped garlic, a little sage, salt and pepper. Boil for several hours until the chicken and turkey bones are getting soft adding water as needed. Strain the broth and place the broth it in the frig. to use to make your stuffing and gravy. You can pick the meat off the bones and use it to make chicken salad.

Also the day before...Bake your cornbread and cut it up into cubes and place it on a cookie sheet in a very slow oven to dry out...cool and put in a bag for storage.

To make your stuffing chop up a large onion and several stalks of celery and put them in a pan with some butter...cook them until they are pretty soft. Put as much cornbread cubes in a bowl as you need to make your stuffing and heat your broth...it doesn't need to be hot just good and warm. Add the cooked onions and celery to the cornbread along several beaten raw eggs and enough broth to make a mix that resembles a thick cake batter. Season with salt, pepper and sage to taste.

Turn into a casserole dish and bake in a 350° oven until set and the dressing is as firm as you like. It usually takes about 1 hour to get it the way we like it. It will form a crust on the top but still be moist inside.
The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!
 
The Chicken Lady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,207
Gallery: The Chicken Lady
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic
WOE: High Fat Low Carb Diet
Start Date: July 5th 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE View Post
Super, Chickenlady, I'll try that next time. I sure did love it with the ww Pastry flour.
I'm thinking that you will be happy with this one as well...I served it with supper last night to my non-low carb family and no body noticed that it wasn't real cornbread.
The Chicken Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Duncansville, PA
Posts: 417
Gallery: ladeeda
Stats: 265/199/175
WOE: Protein Power, modified
Start Date: April 2004
Off topic...MsWoods, your stats are amazing and inspiring 8-) I'm sending you super positive thoughts, hoping that what I send out comes back many-fold. Dee.
ladeeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!
 
MsWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 9,424
Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Thanks ladeeda

I have been looking all day for some kind of bread type thing to make for stuffing and I think I'm going to give up. I've printed some things out to try but I'm not optimistic.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Duncansville, PA
Posts: 417
Gallery: ladeeda
Stats: 265/199/175
WOE: Protein Power, modified
Start Date: April 2004
There is a recipe on this site called "Chicken and Stuffing" that I make with turkey. There is no "bread" in it. BUT it tastes just like stuffing. This year my gluten free Father in law will be sharing it with me. It truly is delish. Dee.
ladeeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!
 
MsWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 9,424
Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Yeah it just wouldn't be the same for me for Thanksgiving. I forgot to post, but we are going to make a biscuit stuffing with carbquick biscuits so we will see how those turn out.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Tweaker Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,368
Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaZma View Post
This was my Grandmothers meat stuffing recipe. It depends on how big a turkey you are making. G-ma always made at least a 20 lb. bird. Read through the entire recipe before you begin.



1 stick of butter

1 very large onion diced or 2 medium onions

4 stalks (ribs) of celery (about 1/3 of the whole thing) diced- use the leafy tops too.

1/2 bunch fresh parsley chopped

1 lb. sliced mushrooms

1/4 cup raisins (I prefer craisins)

1/4 cup pine nuts (lightly toasted in a dry frying pan) They burn quickly, so watch them.

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp pepper

1 tablespoon of dried thyme

1 lb. of chopped beef or turkey or chicken or venisen

1 lb. of sausage (Jimmy Deans) the kind in a tube ( if you can find the sage flavored one use that!!)

1/2 cup of grated Italian Cheese (Parmesan/Romano)



Melt the butter in a very large frying pan, then add the onion, celery, mushrooms, parsley, Salt and pepper and the thyme, let brown slightly for about 10 minutes. Add the raisins and pine nuts, cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside in a bowl and let cool. In the same pan, brown off the chopped meat and the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks. Don't discard the drippings, Add everything together, drippings, meat, and all the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Taste for salt. If you can't find pine nuts ( they have them at Sam's and Costco) you can use sliced almonds. If you use the sliced almonds increase the amount to 1/2 cup of almonds. Sprinkle the cheese into the mixture and stir just before stuffing the bird. The cheese helps to bind everything together. It should be very moist and loose. Be sure to stuff the neck cavity too.

The flavor goes through the whole bird with this dressing .

Let me know how it turns out. I assure you you'll never crave a bread stuffing again!
PlaZma - that sounds great, especially with the sage sausage! Just put sage sausage on my list as a matter of fact.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!
 
MsWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 9,424
Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
We used carbquick biscuits. I reccomend it. It was awesome. I did not gain either.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #29
Way too much time on my hands!
 
debkeversole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: southern ky
Posts: 54,281
Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I've really liked this stuffing, and it uses only all natural ingredients. (And I'm not like an oopsie fan anymore)...

Stuffing

3 cups stale oopsie rolls
3 cups celery, chopped (make sure to get leaves in there, too!)
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup butter, melted
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp thyme
3/4 cup hot water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Toss all ingredients except water. Add water and toss. Transfer to a covered 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes.

Makes 6, 3/4 cup servings

Nutritional Information: Calories: 350, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Fiber: 1.5 g, Net Carbohydrates: 3.5 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fat: 35 g



in this thread thanks again Cleo!

Thanksgiving Stuffing???
__________________ http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-stuffing.html
__________________
you've gone where I will someday follow, But for now you are out of sight, Your years with me were just time borrowed, Before you returned to Heaven's light.
One day I'll see your pawprints glowing,Sparkling in the morning dew,Guiding me at my time of going, Leading me sunwards, back to you.
from a poem by S.L. Smith
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
352.8.328.300.285.275.270.265.260
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #30
skg
Senior LCF Member
 
skg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Levittown, PA
Posts: 782
Gallery: skg
Stats: 220/169/140
WOE: Low carbing
Start Date: March 31, 2008
What is popcorn meal and where would I find it?

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chicken Lady View Post
I use this recipe to make my cornbread and then cut it up into cubes and dry it out in the oven. Then use it to make my stuffing the same way I have always made cornbread stuffing.

You can cut the carbs some by subbing Carbquik for the oat flour and if you don't have any way of grinding popcorn up, can sub some whole meal organic corn meal from a health food store.

There is a picture of this cornbread in this thread.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ng-recipe.html

Golden Corn Bread

2 cups-(8ounces) almond flour-
1/2 cup-(2ounces) oat flour
2/3 cup-(3-1/2ounces) popcorn meal
1/3 cup Splenda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup…homemade LC milk

Put a cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat the oven and the skillet to 425°

Mix the dry ingredients together, make a well in the middle. Add oil, eggs, and milk in the well and mix with a wire whisk. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to give the ingredients time to hydrate.

Take the hot skillet out of the oven and place it on the stove over high heat. Put just enough oil in the skillet to swish it around good and heat the oil. Pour the batter into the hot pan and place it in the oven and bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Carbs 137
Fiber -41
Total 96 usable carbs for the whole bread

96 divided by 12 servings = 8 carbs per serving
96 divided by 8 servings = 12 carbs per serving
skg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.