Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
update:

i lost the fight!!! i ate the 7 in one sitting (next time i'll try standing..hahaha). then, sunday i made the other 7, doubled the black pepper, and red pepper flakes ,and ate those in one sitting as well. next time , i am trying it with wings. FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fourstubbs
Stats: 225/220/142.3/135
WOE: IDEAL PROTEIN
Start Date: Restart July 2012
I know!! I had to force myself to stay away from the leftovers!!! I think standing may help next time, ff. LOL
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
I saw on RR today to coat chicken with sour cream and roll in parm and bake use thin pounded b/s/breast. 425 for 15 min
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Gwen, I have and Oven-Fried Chicken recipe on my website (think I posted it here at LCF one time, too). But this one below, fried in oil, is the closest thing to flour-coated fried chicken I've been able to produce to date. Even hubby said this one was just like eating flour-dredged fried chicken!

FRIED CHICKEN (picture of it is on my site)

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 c. plain whey protein
1 c. crushed pork rinds (about 2 oz.)
1 T. oat fiber (omit for Induction or gluten-free)
1 tsp. my Seafood Spice blend (or seasonings of your choice)
½ tsp. onion powder
½ c. Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp. coarse black pepper
2 large eggs
¼ c. heavy cream
¼ c. water
Deep, hot grease (I used palm shortening) in a large 13-14″ skillet

DIRECTIONS: Measure out and mix all dry ingredients in a paper bag by shaking well. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and water together. Toss in the pieces of cut up chicken into the egg wash and turn several times to well coat each piece. Pick each piece of meat out of the bowl and drop into the bag of seasoned “flour” and when you have 3 pieces in the bag, holding the top closed, shake the bag to coat the chicken. Don’t put more than 3 pieces into the bag at a time or they will not coat well. Place them into the hot grease on high heat. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken. I was only able to fry 8 pieces of chicken at a time in my largest skillet, so I saved the wings for last as I knew they would cook quite fast. Brown the chicken well on one side disturbing as little as possible. Turn pieces of chicken over carefully to brown the second side. When brown and done (about 30 minutes total) remove to paper toweling to drain and finish cooking the remaining pieces. Serve at once with your favorite sides. Mine is shown above with leftover steamed cauliflower I topped with cheese and chives.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes enough coating for 10 pieces of chicken. Numbers are for the coating only. Be sure to add in the info for the chicken piece(s) you eat! 1/10 batch of the coating contains:

113.4 calories
7.26 g fat
1.72 g carbs, .53 g fiber, 1.19 g NET CARBS
12.8 g protein
209 mg sodium
78 mg potassium
12% RDA Vitamin B12, 8% calcium, 11% phosphorous, 12% selenium