Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Double chocolate strawberry cheesecake (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/646767-double-chocolate-strawberry-cheesecake.html)

mrs_munro 11-13-2009 03:24 AM

Double chocolate strawberry cheesecake

3 Attachment(s)
Double chocolate strawberry cheesecake

Chocolate Slab (adapted from French Food at Home)
8 oz dark chocolate (I used Lindt 70%)
½ cup brewed espresso
8 oz unsalted butter cut into chunks
¾ c sweetener (I used splenda, could use a mixture of stevia and Xylitol)
4 lightly beaten eggs

Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9” springform pan, wrapped with foil around the outside bottom to prevent leakage. Put the chocolate and coffee in the top of a double boiler and heat to melt. Stir until smooth and add the butter, a few chunks at a time, until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Beat in the sweetener, and cook the mixture a minute or two until hot.
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Slowly pour over the chocolate mixture, whisking constantly. Pour the batter through a strainer into the pan. Bake about 20 minutes. Take it from the oven and cool in the pan 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and pour in the filling:

White Chocolate Cheesecake (modified from a recipe I found online a couple years ago)
16 oz cream cheese at room temperature
½ c SF white chocolate flavoured DaVinci or Torani syrup
¼ t Stevia powder
2 ¼ t vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
1 egg
2 T sour cream (full fat and thick!)

Beat cream cheese, sweeteners and sour cream until light. Add eggs one at a time beating until smooth, pour into spring form pan over chocolate slab base. Bake for 25 mins or until set. Remove from oven and set out to cool for 15 minutes. While cheesecake cools combine ingredients for topping and pour over cooked cheesecake.

Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 T splenda
1 ½ t vanilla extract
2 T SF white chocolate syrup

Smooth over with a spoon. Return to oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Turn oven off and let cheesecake cool in oven for about an hour. Transfer to fridge and cool covered overnight.

When completely cooled and ‘seasoned’ top with sliced strawberries, then glaze with ¼ c SF apricot jam thinned slightly with water, Serve!

(I've posted this at the request of a couple people, I made this last March for my DS 13'th birthday. Please note this is NOT an induction recipe, it is however, lowercarb and gluten free! The quality of the pictures, reflects the quality of the crappy camera. That's my story and I am sticking to it)

Soobee 11-13-2009 05:41 AM

That looks so delicious. I will definitely try it, but not right now, as I am trying to be stricter to get into holiday shape.

The Chicken Lady 11-13-2009 08:24 AM

That looks so sinful!!!

stephanie34 11-13-2009 08:28 AM

OKG.. That looks so good. Do I have to have a springform pan, can I use a glass pan..

pocahontas 11-13-2009 08:53 AM

OMG! ::faints:: This looks like it might be great for Christmas dessert. I bet it would be fab with raspberries too. I love a good berry/chocolate combo. :up:

mrs_munro 11-13-2009 09:24 AM

pocahontas - Raspberries are what I was thinking for Christmas. I love the combination of white chocolate and raspberry!

stephanie34- the springform pan is deep and of course makes for nice presentation. I think you could use a large deep dish pie pan easily enough

tstarre 11-13-2009 05:37 PM

OH MY

mac24312 11-14-2009 01:27 PM

OH MY!! I think I will make this for me this week...craving Cheesecake!!

TY!
HUGS
Christina

libbysmom 11-14-2009 03:26 PM

I am with Christina!!!
Oh MY!!!!

I think I found my Thanksgiving dessert.

mrs_munro 03-02-2013 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I revisited this cheesecake and used raspberries and a different chocolate bottom layer. Oh wow! We were having friends over for dinner and I need to make something LC, SF, GF and Nut free. The bottom layer is from this thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...cakes-win.html

Dark Chocolate base:
4 eggs
½ cup sweetener (I used Splenda and Xylitol mixed)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking power
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa – the BEST you can find, I used Ghiradelli
¼ cup Coconut flour
¼ cup coconut oil or Butter, softened
¼ cup water
½ Tbsp cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add eggs, sweetener and vanilla to mixing bowl and blend well. Add baking powder, cocoa, and flour stirring well, then add oil, water and vinegar. Pour batter evenly into a 9” greased springform pan (use parchment on bottom) and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Scatter fresh raspberries evenly over the base – I used 3/4 of a large plastic clam shell, save the rest to decorate the top if you like

White Chocolate Cheesecake Layer
16 oz cream cheese at room temperature
½ c SF white chocolate flavoured DaVinci or Torani syrup
2 ¼ t vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 T sour cream (full fat and thick!)

Beat cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla and sour cream until light. Add eggs one at a time beating until smooth; pour into spring form pan to evenly cover the berries. Bake for 25 mins or until set on the sides. It will still be jiggley in the centre. Turn oven off and let cool in the oven for an hour, then move to the counter to cool to room temp, then into the fridge – let it season for at least a couple of hours, over night is best.

Chocolate Ganache topping
1 x 3.5oz Lindt 70% Chocolate bar
½ cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp liquor (optional)
1 tsp vanilla

Heat the cream in a small saucepan on the stove to just below boiling. Mean while, smash the chocolate bar on the counter and place in bowl, add liquor and vanilla. Pour hot cream over and let sit for about 5 minutes, whisk until smooth and pour over cake.

Place remaining berries around the edge to make it pretty!

Tweaker Geek 03-02-2013 06:13 PM

Oh my goodness, Mrs. Munro - that looks decadently delicious!

Do you have any idea at all of the carb count?

rosethorns 03-02-2013 08:37 PM

Oh my goodness Mrs munro. That's looks so Luscious. My company coming next week would love it. YUM!!!!!!

mrs_munro 03-04-2013 09:41 AM

sorry I don't have the carb count...

It was really delicious!

drjlocarb 03-04-2013 12:23 PM

OMG! :yummy:

Jakelilydad 03-04-2013 03:28 PM

That looks sinful! And that makes it a must try in my book.