Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
coconut milk and mimic cream

just found this So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk in the cooler at my local woodmens in the half-gallon, and if anyone uses this can this be frozen and how long does it last once it has been opened, it is expensive, so don't want to waste it, don't know if i coiuld use it all up, has anyone used it in tea

i also just purchased the mimic cream from netrition and can this be frozen, and what kind of ways do you all use this--i wanted to start incorporating the shakes and thought the coconut milk and the mimic cream would help me out, and i also drink tea and thought this might replace some of the cream i use

thanks
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I love the So Delicious coconut milk but I use it in smoothies. If I want to drink something, I use unsweetened Almond Breeze. I don't know how long it keeps as it doesn't last that long with me but I know I have had one opened 2 weeks before with no problem. I also tried the Mimic cream and was not that impressed for the calories.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Heatherly
I didn't have great success with Mimic Creme, and I was so disappointed, because I thought it was going to be great. I love So Delicious coconut milk beverage, and it's less expensive than Mimic Creme. (You get twice as much for about the same price.) So Delicious coconut milk is great in tea, and in fact it it's the best non-dairy milk I've found for making chai. So Delicious has a coconut milk coffee creamer now too, which is truly out of this world. My husband loves it in his coffee, and I think the French vanilla flavor is so good, I could drink it straight out of the carton! I don't know about freezing any of this stuff. I would never freeze any kind of milk. I don't think it would be very good after it's defrosted. But like CindyCRNA, I also had a container of So Delicious open in the fridge for two weeks, and it was still good.
Heatherly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
just found this So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk in the cooler at my local woodmens in the half-gallon, and if anyone uses this can this be frozen and how long does it last once it has been opened, it is expensive, so don't want to waste it, don't know if i coiuld use it all up, has anyone used it in tea

i also just purchased the mimic cream from netrition and can this be frozen, and what kind of ways do you all use this--i wanted to start incorporating the shakes and thought the coconut milk and the mimic cream would help me out, and i also drink tea and thought this might replace some of the cream i use

thanks
I don't buy that brand of coconut milk, but I do buy the brands that I find at Hy-Vee and Walmart. I put it in an ice cube tray and use it for shakes. I love having the flavored ice!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MarieD
WOE: NK / low carb
Start Date: Low carb for years; NK since 8/12
I bought some yesterday and I think the So Delicious coconut milk tastes really watery, not creamy and rich like unsweetened almond breeze. I was a little disappointed.
MarieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Heatherly
Just curious, Marie ... did you shake it before pouring it from the carton? That might make a difference.
Heatherly is offline   Reply With Quote