Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   The rotel/hamburger/cream cheese saga... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/640779-rotel-hamburger-cream-cheese-saga.html)

MsWoods 10-07-2009 10:49 AM

The rotel/hamburger/cream cheese saga...
 
Does this darn thing have a name? If not can we make one up? I'm sick of writing down rotel/hamburger/cream cheese:laugh:

BTW it did work, lost 2lbs after eating it last night:)

Seriously....a name?

thisisrightnow 10-07-2009 10:51 AM

I wish I could say it worked for me, but it did not. It's the cream cheese, though, for me. I wish I was one of those people that could eat it and still lose weight. :( I think too much dairy is what does me in. I'm sure if I just put in like hamburger, rotel and some other stuff.. I'd see a loss.

Stash'sWife 10-07-2009 10:54 AM

Rotel Ragout?

Which makes me think of Carmine:

The big Ragout?

LOL!

MsWoods 10-07-2009 10:55 AM

Well, I am very cream cheese intolerant as well. Seriously. I have been so scared to eat any of it or any recipe with it in it because I usually gain on it. I cut the cream cheese part in half and only used 4oz and added a little brie (only soft cheese I had). I'm wondering if you cut the cream cheese in half if it would work? Or maybe use 2oz of cream cheese and 2oz of another soft cheese?

Stash'sWife 10-07-2009 10:55 AM

Extra fun to see how many ppl would pronounce it "Rag out".

LOL!!!!

MsWoods 10-07-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stash'sWife (Post 12580885)
Rotel Ragout?

Which makes me think of Carmine:

The big Ragout?

LOL!

I like that!

thisisrightnow 10-07-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 12580894)
Well, I am very cream cheese intolerant as well. Seriously. I have been so scared to eat any of it or any recipe with it in it because I usually gain on it. I cut the cream cheese part in half and only used 4oz and added a little brie (only soft cheese I had). I'm wondering if you cut the cream cheese in half if it would work? Or maybe use 2oz of cream cheese and 2oz of another soft cheese?

I think even a little bit of cream cheese makes me gain. I would make Sugar Free Sheila's mock pumpkin pie which only called for an ounce of cream cheese per serving and I would sometimes cut it down to 1/2 an ounce and I STILL saw a gain. I'm like, seriously? It's a shame cause I do love cream cheese. I could warm it up and eat it like that if it didn't make me gain. I don't know. Maybe I'll try it again with less cream cheese once I lost a little more weight, cause I'm tired of this up/down nonsense.

Stash'sWife 10-07-2009 10:58 AM

Glad you like it, Mrs. Woods. If I cannot come up with a recipe which goes down in LC history, I feel I must at least take a shot at naming one~!

:rofl:

MsWoods 10-07-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisrightnow (Post 12580904)
I think even a little bit of cream cheese makes me gain. I would make Sugar Free Sheila's mock pumpkin pie which only called for an ounce of cream cheese per serving and I would sometimes cut it down to 1/2 an ounce and I STILL saw a gain. I'm like, seriously? It's a shame cause I do love cream cheese. I could warm it up and eat it like that if it didn't make me gain. I don't know. Maybe I'll try it again with less cream cheese once I lost a little more weight, cause I'm tired of this up/down nonsense.

Seriously I'm the exact same way, I promise. Any cream cheese touches my lips, gain of at least 2 lbs the next day. I'm wondering if it might be because we're mixing it with high fat beef?

laureninva 10-07-2009 11:11 AM

it reminds me of Hamburger Helper minus the noodles......not exactly catchy though.

MsWoods 10-07-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laureninva (Post 12580972)
it reminds me of Hamburger Helper minus the noodles......not exactly catchy though.

I'm just sick of typing it all out to explain to someone what I ate. Lol.

MsWoods 10-07-2009 12:43 PM

Ok I'm going with Rotel Ragout until someone tells me otherwise :p

kimlou 10-07-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 12580855)
Does this darn thing have a name? If not can we make one up? I'm sick of writing down rotel/hamburger/cream cheese:laugh:

BTW it did work, lost 2lbs after eating it last night:)

Seriously....a name?

Would you share the recipe ?

TIA

laureninva 10-07-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimlou (Post 12581967)
Would you share the recipe ?

TIA


2 lbs hamburger, drained
1 tube of breakfast sausage, I use spicy
8 oz cream cheese
1 ten oz can of Rotel (diced tomatoes w/ green chilis). You can also get generic of this.
seasoning of choice

cook meats and drain. add can of rotel and cream cheese. heat to melt and mix together.

MsWoods 10-07-2009 02:09 PM

I only used half a tube of sausage and 4 oz of cream cheese because I was trying to lower the carb count a bit. The Rotel is what really makes it though.

Ginaaaaaa 10-07-2009 09:22 PM

How about creamy beef & sausage. That's what it is..lol.

MsWoods 10-08-2009 06:23 AM

That's sooooooooooo much to write Lol. I just got sick of typing huge long things to describe what I as eating.

haleybop1 10-08-2009 08:24 AM

At my house it's "the rotel stuff" or just rotel. I never knew what rotel was till this recipe. But I love it. Just ate it for bkfst. It's the new bkfst. I haven't eaten an egg since I found this stuff.

MsWoods 10-08-2009 08:38 AM

Or we could mix the 2 and say Rotel Helper? If you guys ever see me write any of those names, you know what Im talking about.

artsyfartsy 10-08-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 12580932)
Seriously I'm the exact same way, I promise. Any cream cheese touches my lips, gain of at least 2 lbs the next day. I'm wondering if it might be because we're mixing it with high fat beef?

It could be the calorie total, but the gain showing could just be from retaining water due to the salt. Usually water weight drops in a few days, so this is happenings it's probably just water weight. I more concerned with fat weight not water weight.

Mybelle29 10-08-2009 11:32 AM

I'm going to try this tonight. Does anyone make this w/o the sausage? I don't eat it, will it still taste as yum?

vanilla_latte 10-08-2009 12:27 PM

I think the sausage does add a little something - although this has been the only time I've made it! - but I can't handle alot of spice. The sausage with the Rotel is almost too much for me, so I think I'm going to try it with just the hamburger.

I picked 5 servings and it has 690 cals/59.2g fat/5.2g carbs/32.8g protein. :eek: Calorie counters and lowfat people would have a heart attack!

Mybelle29 10-08-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 12586702)
I think the sausage does add a little something - although this has been the only time I've made it! - but I can't handle alot of spice. The sausage with the Rotel is almost too much for me, so I think I'm going to try it with just the hamburger.

I picked 5 servings and it has 690 cals/59.2g fat/5.2g carbs/32.8g protein. :eek: Calorie counters and lowfat people would have a heart attack!

ok I'm making it now.....hope it tastes good!

Yes, that's a lot of cals

Mybelle29 10-08-2009 03:35 PM

So I made it minus the sausage and it was good. I'll def make this often but I'll add onions, mushrooms and something else.

RoseofSharon 10-08-2009 08:54 PM

I'm planning on trying it tomorrow night, minus the sausage and plus a can or two of green beans. Or else I might serve it over steamed brocolli or cabbage.

Linny 10-09-2009 05:04 AM

Can you use 1/2 the cream cheese and the other half sour cream or FAGE greek yogurt? Sounds like something I would eat :)

Mybelle29 10-09-2009 08:43 AM

I will def have it over cabbage next time, I ate it in a lc wrap and it was good.

Tyl 10-09-2009 08:48 AM

please let us know how the diff tweaks come out. i'm curious.

Mybelle29 10-09-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chantyl03 (Post 12590489)
please let us know how the diff tweaks come out. i'm curious.

Chantillian, I'm sure so sure that you would like this. It's easy, tasty and you tweak it to your likes. You love mexican so you can work this! ;)

ctsweetie 10-09-2009 09:02 AM

Okay. I'm fffiinnally gonna ask. What is Rotel?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:31 PM.