Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbConvert
Stats: (147/120/115) 5'
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2004
Which Liquid Splenda is Best?

Hi everyone. I've been wondering which brand of liquid sucralose is better? I've tried Sweetzfree, and the EZ sweetz that Netrition sells, but cant figure out which brand is best OR who has the best deal. I notice people on ebay also sell it. Is that any good?

I certainly don't want to "dis" netrition in any way. I buy lots of stuff here, have never been disappointed, recommend them whenever possible, etc. However, I've been using a lot of liquid splenda recently (family of four) and I want the best deal.

Also, at this time of year I like to stock up on my Davinci syrups. Netrition usually stops shipping it when it gets to cold. I just noticed they've discontinued manufacturing the lemon. Sad, sad day for me.

Thanks for your input.

Karen
LowCarbConvert is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: locarbman
Stats: 289/180/185
WOE: Atkins/Maintenance
Start Date: September 1998
Hi LCC, ;-)

The currently available Liquid Sucralose products are essentially similar in composition...water and Sucralose powder...some with added preservatives. The major difference appears to be price. You may find my Sucralose Refractometer Testing Results helpful:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...g-results.html

I recommend preparing your own from Sucralose powder which is discussed in bobo36us thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...d-splenda.html

Here is a copy of Post #125, Page 5...cleaned up a bit... ;-)

"For those interested in the convenience of ‘accurately’ mixing Liquid Sucralose, without the fuss of weighing to the nearest 100th of a gram or using approximate volume conversions, I would like to suggest you mix a 2 oz, pre measured, packet of Quick Sweet Sucralose Powder (available on-line) in 1 cup less 2t water… ;-)

How much water do we need to mix with 2oz (56.7g) Sucralose powder?

A 25%w/v (weight/volume) Liquid Sucralose concentration requires 25g Sucralose powder mixed in 100 ml water.

Using a ratio: 25g is to 100ml water as 56.7g is to Xml water; cross multiplying we get X = 56.7*100/25; X = 226.8ml water

Using the Online Volume Conversion site:

226.8 milliter = 0.96 cups
1c - 0.96c = 0.04c
0.04c = 2t

Therefore 1c less 2t water mixed with a 2oz container of Quick Sweet Sucralose powder will yield a concentration of 25% w/v Liquid Sucralose at a strength of 185 times sugar where 1/4t = 1c sugar equivalence."

===============

Hope this helps... ;-)

PS: Torani does make SF Lemon Syrup... ;-)

Last edited by locarbman; 08-27-2009 at 01:05 PM..
locarbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbConvert
Stats: (147/120/115) 5'
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2004
Locarbman, WOW! Thanks for that- it's a wealth of info that should keep me reading for rest of the day. Maybe longer.

Thanks also for the Torani tip, I had forgotten about that one.
LowCarbConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbman View Post
Hi LCC, ;-)

The currently available Liquid Sucralose products are essentially similar in composition...water and Sucralose powder...some with added preservatives. The major difference appears to be price. You may find my Sucralose Refractometer Testing Results helpful:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...g-results.html

I recommend preparing your own from Sucralose powder which is discussed in bobo36us thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...d-splenda.html

Here is a copy of Post #125, Page 5...cleaned up a bit... ;-)

"For those interested in the convenience of ‘accurately’ mixing Liquid Sucralose, without the fuss of weighing to the nearest 100th of a gram or using approximate volume conversions, I would like to suggest you mix a 2 oz, pre measured, packet of Quick Sweet Sucralose Powder (available on-line) in 1 cup less 2t water… ;-)

How much water do we need to mix with 2oz (56.7g) Sucralose powder?

A 25%w/v (weight/volume) Liquid Sucralose concentration requires 25g Sucralose powder mixed in 100 ml water.

Using a ratio: 25g is to 100ml water as 56.7g is to Xml water; cross multiplying we get X = 56.7*100/25; X = 226.8ml water

Using the Online Volume Conversion site:

226.8 milliter = 0.96 cups
1c - 0.96c = 0.04c
0.04c = 2t

Therefore 1c less 2t water mixed with a 2oz container of Quick Sweet Sucralose powder will yield a concentration of 25% w/v Liquid Sucralose at a strength of 185 times sugar where 1/4t = 1c sugar equivalence."

===============

Hope this helps... ;-)

PS: Torani does make SF Lemon Syrup... ;-)
Thanks for directing us to this thread, lowcarbman. This one post will help a lot.
judytab is offline   Reply With Quote