Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surrealchereal
Any easy and quick lunch ideas?

I have to take my lunch to work everyday because I cannot leave.
I am lazy

Anyone have any good ideas for quicky stuff or fix ahead things?

I'm going to whip up some egg, bacon and cheese "muffins" for breakfast. I hope you can use muffin papers with them.

I still need some ideas for lunch. I tend to get into a rut and I'd love any suggestions.
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Atkins Chick
Stats: I weigh only 1x a month on the 16th
WOE: Atkins/Induction till the last 20 lbs
Start Date: Restarted 4-12-14
I just posted on the board how much I love Linda Sue's Tuna muffins. I have made them with left over chicken breast and they taste just as good!

2 or 3 of them with a side salad is very filling!
Atkins Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Cool, I'll go look for the recipe.. Thank you!

(love your avatar)
Old 08-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I usually take a minute muffin to work. I cut it in half, butter it and add a slice of cheese. Tasts great with coffee. If you have a fridge at work and can keep food in a container, salads are great. How about soup in a thermous?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

What's a minute muffin?
Yep I do salads but I like to have those for dinner
Old 08-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I found them... sorry for the post I don't see a way to edit my original post.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealchereal View Post
What's a minute muffin?
Yep I do salads but I like to have those for dinner
Oh, are you in for a treat! I don't know who was the original poster of the minute muffin - I think LindaSue or maybe Dottie. You can be very creative and add and subtract to your liking. This is my favorite tweaked version:

Melt a TBS butter in a large coffee mug
Then put in the mug 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup bran
2 beaten eggs
SF Maple Syrup
1/4 cup walnuts

Microwave for 2 minutes. This takes 2 minutes because I have a little more ingredients than the original recipe. Do a search and you'll find many posts for minute muffins.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I'll have to try that! It sounds yummy
Old 08-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
You can also make these muffins savory with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Mmmm...good!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I saw a recipe for Ham salad on 30 minute meals yesterday that I just bought the ingredients for. It had chopped ham (boiled or baked, not smoked, check carb count because some ham has carbs), a full head of celery chopped, full bunch of green onions chopped, a hand full of green olives chopped, a couple tablespoons of relish (either SF or dill relish, I bought dill) 3 squirts of mustard, 3 tbsp (or however much you like) mayo. Mix together. You could add ingredients to your liking. I was thinking bacon or cheese. I am going to make a big batch and keep it in the fridge and take individual portions to work (I bought small containers with lids). You could also use turkey, chicken, or tuna.

I also make big batches of food and portion it out into containers and freeze so I can have quick lunches. Kind of like my own LC TV dinner.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jumpingbean
Stats: 5'11"/135
WOE: Low carb/high fat
I take my lunch to work every day. I work in a school that is "nut-free" for allergy reasons, so that it makes it even more challenging when you combine it with being low-carb. I buy tamari-roasted pumpkin seeds and raw or roasted sunflower seeds at a local health food store to compensate for not having nuts (which I used to bring as a snack every day). They are really good and very healthy. I also bring organic string cheese for a snack. For lunch, I like to plan ahead and either bring leftovers that I can heat up or tuna salad w/slices of cucumber and red pepper. I have lots of little containers for things like tuna or egg salad. I try to plan my lunches so that I have something with filling protein and fat and also some fresh veggies or salad. Once in a while, I'll bring in Fage yogurt and frozen berries with a packet of stevia to sweeten. That fills me up because of all the protein. If you are really in a hurry some deli turkey and cheese would work. I roll it in lettuce leaves spread w/spicy mustard and then wrap it in saran wrap. I have lots of cold packs in my freezer since I make lunches for my husband and son too. Sometimes I will buy cans of low-sodium, lower-carb soup and jazz it up w/extra veggies like cabbage and zucchini. Very filling and economical. I never need to add extra seasoning since soup is so salty already.

If you are able to eat Dreamfield's pasta then that opens the door to a lot of easy and delicious meals as well. I love to make the penne pasta with homemade alfredo sauce and fresh sauteed veggies. Very filling too.

Last edited by jumpingbean; 08-15-2009 at 10:22 AM..
jumpingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I also work in a school jumpingbean, and that's why I can't leave at lunch.

Thanks for the good ideas, it's so easy for me to get into a rut. I appreciate you guys taking the time to share your habits with me
Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Oh geeze, I didn't think of these either-
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...r-recipes.html

yummers!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: HerBoudoir
Stats: going...going...about halfway gone
WOE: Atkins on 95% whole foods
I LOVE sandwich wraps, using lettuce leaves as the wrap. Fill with meats or tuna/chicken salad, and eat like a sandwich. You can use whatever lettuce you like, but I like the consistency of 2-3 leaves of iceberg together (plus it's concave so it makes a natural "pocket" for the filling)

I also make batches of hearty low carb soups and freeze in individual containers, so they can be heated. One of my fav is wonton-less soup. Bring chicken broth flavored with garlic, fresh ginger, and a touch of soy sauce to a simmer. Mix ground pork or turkey with garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, thai chili sauce or red pepper flakes, a touch of sweetener, finely chopped onion and cilantro, then form into small meatballs and drop into the simmering stock to cook. Eat as is, or add julienned vegetables like bell peppers, napa cabbage, snow peas, bean sprouts, celery, etc.

If I make anything for dinner that can double as a lunch later, I always make extra. If it's grilled chicken, I always cook extra for salads/wraps. If it's meatloaf or stuffed peppers or anything else that reheats well, that will show up for lunch over the next couple days.

http://herboudoir.blogspot.com

Engaged! August 22, 2009
Wedding! October 16, 2010
HerBoudoir is offline   Reply With Quote